• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle Tower: WiFi Tourney -tourney started! next round deadline: 9/17

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You will get no sympathy from not knowing how to show sympathy, you gotta fsmash that nana

Oh to anyone who plays me, main clause now rules out Ike for me

Albino we play! visitor message me

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't main Pikachu and want to battles some high voltage mains. My FC is under the cool paint drop avatar. Feel free to send a visitor message with your time and location to arrange wifi matches. I'm in CO (mountain standard time), and am mostly free mid afternoons and nights.

Sorry about posting in the social thread earlier. I'll check back here.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
sorry guys, beginning of vacation and full work weekend has me busy ;x

tusm and nova, you have till tomorrow to tell me whats going on between you two, then i will flip a coin and move on

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ussi vs Alby

Bowser vs DDD - main clause
Lucario vs Peach - Luke wins
Lucario vs someone - same character clause
Bowser vs Fox - Fox wins
Bowser vs w/e - same character clause
Link vs Luigi - Ussi's effdat
DDD vs Wario - Alby's effdat
Yoshi vs Fox - same character clause
MK vs Lucario - Lucario wins

Alby wins 2-1

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Until tusm gets his power back we can't play. Hopefully we can play but if he can't he said he'd forfeit the round or something. :/

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
My power was cut back on a few days ago, I've just been busy over the weekend. If you're still here, I can play now. I have about an hour or two before I have to leave for work.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have a general wifi question: depending on lag do you start moves and plan like 10-20 frames in advance? Anything out of shield I'm late on and I feel at a slight frame disadvantage when that shouldn't be. This is based on Link dittos btw.

I'm still looking for wifi matches vs pika mains, people who main the character play much smarter lol. If anyone can play leave a visitor message and I'll check the high-voltage chat.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mostly I just use moves with a lingering hitbox like SH Dair with pikachu and then on hit confirm (Just seeing it) I react with my next move, like F-tilt.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I have a general wifi question: depending on lag do you start moves and plan like 10-20 frames in advance? Anything out of shield I'm late on and I feel at a slight frame disadvantage when that shouldn't be. This is based on Link dittos btw.
IIRC, the minimum lag on wifi (even with a perfect connection) is 7 frames.

Some people do what ESAM do: tailor their playstyle to wifi by using lingering hitboxes (ex: Lucario's fsmash, Zelda's fsmash/usmash), more projectiles (since they're harder to time shields against online), and more moves that're impossible to block on reaction (ex: Ike's jab, Snake's ftilt). Basically, they abuse wifi lag to their best advantage.

Other people rely on really good prediction and will react a little ahead of time based on what they assume their opponent will do..... so if they're approaching, say, Snake, they'll run up and shield way ahead of time in anticipation of an ftilt.

The best wifi players do both. :)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
alright guys, next round started. i apologise about the delay. anyways, bracket updated, GET YOUR ***** ON THIS ROUND! just because ive been afk is no excuse for yall to slack off :mad: esam has already done his, everyone else get to work on yours

The Truth!

Smash Ace
I beat mercy. I forgot the details its been awhile. I think the last match was ganon vs mk. First match was sonic vs ike?

mercy

Smash Apprentice
I beat mercy. I forgot the details its been awhile. I think the last match was ganon vs mk. First match was sonic vs ike?
CF > Sonic
Mario < g&w
Ganon < mk (obviously)

Though had I known we could redo a round it goes without saying the last match would not of happened.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
We need to do it now. I won't be home at all tomorrow I have to work 12 hours til 10 Central Time Zone.

Go to xat so we can do this.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Gotta forfeit, cuz I've been busy figuring out a bunch of apartment crap and I'm moving probably this week.
Don't let that coin flip go in my favor.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
AyatoK26
Tag: Ant or Ace
FC: 1247-0129-1490
Location: Harrrisonburg, VA or Bronx, NY (depending on the time of the year)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
alright coin flipped for truth vs mercy and the truth wins. thought it would be amusing to point out that the first time i flipped it hit my bed and landed on its side propped up against a book.

NEXT ROUND STARTED! im gonna set the date on monday the 30th. get yo **** done

Top Bottom