• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle Lounge 09: West Palm Beach, Florida - Sept 5th-6th.(SSBB+SSBM 1K bonus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Man never shoot me seems like a good guy(he is pretty understaninding of the community so it seems) cant really blame him for ****. Hell cant even blame him for the door fee I understand. I dont think laijin was trying to be a **** with his post just stating his opinion on the scenario.

Laijin I here you and all but real talk as far as attendance goes brawl>melee. If I was doing a buisness move I would move the bonus to brawl too seeing as more people are gonna come for it.

Im a melee junkie by the way and im saying this.

**** GA gerbil
I actually am a nice dude, i've been trying to negotiate other hosts over the course of these past few months to let me take control of smash tournaments for their big events (so to have a big competition without dealing with gay rules and let them know I can work with the community like smashboards). i've been around during the late melee days (just was not competitive enough and knowing the community yet until brawl started, but i know the customers for both games). and yes i do play melee nicaboy, just not in my peak anymore since brawl consumed me lol.

if people want to go to Tipped Off 5 then so be it, in the end, the smash attendance for this event will be more on Brawl than melee. and as i will repeat one last time, if there's enough demand from the melee side, then i will try to talk to them into making a bonus. but remember, i'm not running this tourney anymore unless i have the balls to drive from orlando to west palm beach

being a TO kinda sucks at times, but I know how to cater the community is what matters

@MnM, the details may have changed so.... don't believe that for now, and if you are believing that and u guys don't get what was listed on the thread and u blame me for all this ****. well **** you and i'm banning you from any tourney i host in the future if that happens (depending on the extent of damage)

@nick riddle, if there's less competition, well the $1000 is still there even if it's 20 people.... unless they yank that **** out without fine print details

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i don't even know if i'm gonna be at this lol

or what my cash situation is gonna be

both college johns hahah

if i go, i might be down to team

no promises

i'm hoping that some prodigy kid starts going to UNF and he just owns everyone lol

someone needs to get some green back into the top placings

because i don't care enough to do it LOLOL

then again.... you do have guns on your shirt

i don't think anyone in FL can *** with that......... we'll see :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ive never been so confused reading a tourney thread in my entire life :confused:

nevershootme

Smash Master
I never read the whole tread and am 2 lazy to. Some1 wanna tell me wassup?
it's on august 28-30 in miami, FL (downtown miami to be exact). as part of an anime con (Mizucon)

$1000 brawl bonus is there, same for SF4

no bonus for melee

dunno what the door fee is this time but likely you're paying for the con fees and then a tourney fee

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
it's on august 28-30 in miami, FL (downtown miami to be exact). as part of an anime con (Mizucon)

no bonus for melee

dunno what the door fee is this time but likely you're paying for the con fees and then a tourney fee
oh cool, even closer.

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace

no bonus for melee

kk, nvm i will not be here anymore

OverLade

Smash Hero
Wtf Venue and date change? Fuuckkkkkkk.

I'm gonna try and come but that makes it look hella unlikely. 4 Hours of driving on I-75 doesn't sound fun at all.

Lets talk in theory, who can house me if I come?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
actually, i have a fantasy football draft this weekend, so im not sure if i can even go :urg:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
hmm considering the date changed now, this will be hard to make :urg: school ends at 2, and considering its a 2 and a half hour drive, its possible but not likely

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I sure hope I can make it to this...

no bonus for melee

So, it's on August 28th-30th in Miami and NOT on September 5th-6th in West Palm Beach like the title says?

:069:

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
I'll see If I can make this, I'll try my best. But is there a 1 day that brawl is being done. Cuz I don't hVe much time to win

nevershootme

Smash Master
I'll see If I can make this, I'll try my best. But is there a 1 day that brawl is being done. Cuz I don't hVe much time to win
the current plans for the event is to have 2 brawl singles tournies

1 on friday and the other saturday.

the top 4 from each will move to a final top 8 where u battle for the additional pot (in increasing amounts). basically the top 8 will get money guranteed, but will fight for more money

Tournament Schedule (With other games included) (Subject to Change)

Friday
4:30 p.m. Doors Open
5:30 p.m. Guilty Gear XX (Double Elimination) (PS2) Pool A
7:30 p.m. KOF 12 (Double Elimination) (Xbox 360) Pool A
7:30 p.m. SSBM (Double Elimination)
8:30 p.m. BlazBlue (Double Elimination) (Xbox 360) Pool A
10:30 p.m. SF IV (Singles) (Double Elimination) (Xbox 360) Pool A
10:30 p.m. SSBB (Double Elimination) Pool A

Saturday
10:30 a.m. KOF 12 (Double Elimination) (Xbox 360) Pool B
10:30 a.m. SSBM (Doubles) (Double Elimination)
12:30 p.m. Blazblue (Double Elimination) (Xbox 360) Pool B
1:30 p.m. Guilty Gear XX (Double Elimination) (PS2) Pool B
2:30 p.m. SF IV (Singles) (Double Elimination) Pool B
3:30 p.m. SSBB (Double Elimination) Pool B
4:30 p.m. KOF 12 Finals
5:00 p.m. BlazBlue Finals
5:30 p.m. SSBM Finals
6:00 p.m. Guilty Gear XX Finals
6:30 p.m. SSBB Finals
7:00 p.m. SF IV (Singles) Finals
8:00 p.m. SF IV (Doubles) (Double Elimination) (Xbox 360)
8:00 p.m. SSBB (Doubles) (Double Elimination)
10:00 p.m *Exhibition Matches*

Sunday
12 p.m. SSBM (Doubles) Finals
1 p.m. SSBB (Doubles) Finals
3 p.m. SF IV (Doubles) Finals

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Change it to like, a different vacation week when schools out.

SAME DATE AS TO5

Change this date!!!!

Im going to TO5 :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom