• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle Lounge 09: West Palm Beach, Florida - Sept 5th-6th.(SSBB+SSBM 1K bonus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gindler

Smash Champion
20 dollar registration fee? seems pretty steep.

Also, why's a beach on the eastern side of florida called west palm beach? that threw me off

MnM

Smash Journeyman
why such a door fee? beacuse it's in a hotel, and the event is runned by pro SF4 players (mostly SRK community).

i'll contact one of the people running the event later to see what's up
if it's possible, a $10 door fee max. also, i don't see anywhere where it says we could bring setups to reduce the door fee.

nevershootme

Smash Master
if it's possible, a $10 door fee max. also, i don't see anywhere where it says we could bring setups to reduce the door fee.
like i said i can't do much anymore, if u feel it's a major problem, just talk to dwayne (d'nyc3) (that's why u read 1st post). I mean yes you can read all complaints relating to another brawl tourney with such a high door fee (Final Round / South East Battles with Shinblanka). his was $30 door fee... and if that's a means to cover the venue fee that's charging alot then so be it, likewise u are practically fighting for that 1000 bonus sheesh....

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u are practically fighting for that 1000 bonus sheesh....
if u dont go, then lol free bonus for the people who do go. think of it that way. dont want that 1000 to be in someone elses pocket right. lol might switch to metaknight just for this xD haha.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
"
UPDATE 6/23!!! - Something major has happened in the past two months. Apparently my former sponsor got caught in a scam and ****ed everything up. But I've still managed to get deals with Noobie Games. But as for bonus pot prize. I've decided to use SFIV and SSBBrawl as 1K bonus pot prize. Now as for the other games I've I get 100+ Participants I'll throw in an extra 500 into the pot. Also I've found a new venue which is cheaper for Airfares and hotel rates.

Street Fighter IV - $1,000.00 Bonus Prize Pot
-Super Smash Bros: Brawl Single- $500.00 bonus prize pot
-Super Smash Bros: Melee Single - $500.00 bonus prize pot"

EDIT: LOL NVM

Laijin

Smash Hero
wait a sec.
To my understanding it was $500 each for brawl and melee.
So they took the melee bonus and put it in brawl? Thats ********.
They should take half of that and put it in melee.
More people will come for sure that way.

nevershootme

Smash Master
wait a sec.
To my understanding it was $500 each for brawl and melee.
So they took the melee bonus and put it in brawl? Thats ********.
They should take half of that and put it in melee.
More people will come for sure that way.
like i ****ing said for the 5th-10th time. I called the dudes in charge of the event and it's $1000 for brawl only, no split for melee, if there's major and people ****ing posting in this thread for melee support, then i'll ask to try to split the bonus.... but i'm not doing that just cuz of 1 **** person saying so...

the only major problem with this event is advertising.,.... there's ****ing mixed answers lately and nothing is right, i called and they told me it's $1000 for SF4, $1000 for Brawl... and it has been $1000 bonus for brawl since the getgo.... and yea there was a change but then they changed again. so why are u complaining if you're not coming anyways

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Man never shoot me seems like a good guy(he is pretty understaninding of the community so it seems) cant really blame him for ****. Hell cant even blame him for the door fee I understand. I dont think laijin was trying to be a **** with his post just stating his opinion on the scenario.

Laijin I here you and all but real talk as far as attendance goes brawl>melee. If I was doing a buisness move I would move the bonus to brawl too seeing as more people are gonna come for it.

Im a melee junkie by the way and im saying this.

**** GA gerbil

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Yay, I can go to this again!
spread the hype.

OOS should really be looking into this (*coughGAcough*)

oh and lajin, on the 1st post it says for every 100 ppl that come to an event (not brawl or sf4) a $500 bonus will be thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom