• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If anyone is interested in taking over this thread and could take good care of it, let me know here and Vermanubis Vermanubis could transfer the OP to you.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Gungnir's sets vs Taiheta (Lucas) and a Mega man is up on youtube, it's a good watch despite the quality:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I say this mu is annoying on twitter and adom tells me why it isn't

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^Didn't know that Vermanubis got included in the game.
At a first glance it looks like a complete clone of Ganon, wich makes perfectly sense but still, how much does he cost?

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
^Didn't know that Vermanubis got included in the game.
At a first glance it looks like a complete clone of Ganon, wich makes perfectly sense but still, how much does he cost?

From SmashWiki: "It is commonly joked in the Smash community that Vermanubis is Ganondorf"

...Except it's not a joke. ;)

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
From SmashWiki: "It is commonly joked in the Smash community that Vermanubis is Ganondorf"

...Except it's not a joke. ;)
Was it necessary to explain it? I thought that every Ganon main knew it. Then again, I also thought that everybody knew about his stomp being unable to ground teched.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
This video is a proof that our F-smash is indeed the best in the game

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Added the above to the front page. Still looking for the Falco Crew battle (and the Doc Battle as soon as Gleed uploads it).

Any others we're missing?

I'll also update the outdated 1v1 videos in a bit.

Last edited:

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Added the above to the front page. Still looking for the Falco Crew battle (and the Doc Battle as soon as Gleed uploads it).

Any others we're missing?

I'll also update the outdated 1v1 videos in a bit.
Falco isn't uploaded on YT yet, though it's still available on McDareth's Twitch. https://www.twitch.tv/mcdareth/v/72458917

Last edited:

TM 023

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2015-1144-0090
User name: TM 023
In-Game name: Harri/TM 023/Kowalski
3DS Friend Code: 2707-3014-1519 (mine is broken now :/)
Nintendo Network ID: Wii_U_e_demais
Country of Residence: Brazil
Palette Colour: Standard

It's never too late to join the community, I guess lol.

Last edited:

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Got bodied by this Zard yesterday in a long session on FG. I'm not at the top of my game right now by any means, but I don't feel far from it. This Zard adapted to me very well. I'll be reviewing the video as well, as I think this matchup will actually be helpful for identifying my weaknesses in my fundamentals, more than just my inexperience in the MU. If anyone has time and wants to provide feedback, at least on the latter half of the matches, I'd appreciate it! :) Feel free to speed up to 1.5x or so on YT if that helps. Thanks! (A couple who I'd enjoy hearing from, but no pressure: @A2ZOMG @Swoops adom4 adom4 @HeavyLobster )

Last edited:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I watched game 1 and it seems like you just aren't very experienced in the mu, that zard seems pretty run of the mill. Try to pick up on habits more, he missed tech on choke everytime and always did get up attack, could have gotten some nastier punishes if you'd picked up on that

TM 023

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2015-1144-0090
Hey. I made a ganon montage last month, with some of my highlights. Give it a look and tell me what you think .:4ganondorf:

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
I watched game 1 and it seems like you just aren't very experienced in the mu, that zard seems pretty run of the mill. Try to pick up on habits more, he missed tech on choke everytime and always did get up attack, could have gotten some nastier punishes if you'd picked up on that
Thanks, but yeah, you gotta watch the later games. I caught on to the missed techs to getup attack (and he still didn't mix it up later, which was strange), but he got a ton better imo, esp. with edgeguarding and zoning. Try watching a couple in the middle.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Got bodied by this Zard yesterday in a long session on FG. I'm not at the top of my game right now by any means, but I don't feel far from it. This Zard adapted to me very well. I'll be reviewing the video as well, as I think this matchup will actually be helpful for identifying my weaknesses in my fundamentals, more than just my inexperience in the MU. If anyone has time and wants to provide feedback, at least on the latter half of the matches, I'd appreciate it! :) Feel free to speed up to 1.5x or so on YT if that helps. Thanks! (A couple who I'd enjoy hearing from, but no pressure: @A2ZOMG @Swoops adom4 adom4 @HeavyLobster )

I see, he is that kind of For Glory player, I'm referring to the kind "Im gunna attak u so u don hit me". You can see that by how he threw random attacks in the air even where it was completely useless. This kind of playershave the urge of attacking you, no matter when or where, they have no perception of your options whatsoever and always attack where you are, never where you could be, the exception being when you were at the ledge where he withdrew, and you decided to go straight in his face, for some reason. Beside that you can see he attacks never considering what you can do, if you just put yourself out of the way of his aerials, he still woul've swinged in the air and be left wide open. This is the most blatand when he is in disadvantage, where he always does airdodge>attack, even if that means Down Bing at point blank like a ****ing idiot, or the jumping over your head and then Bairing when he is cornered, wich has the same amount of For Glory in it than the option before. Never considering the idea that you could shield and punish easy like np because he made attacks at point blank, he only focused on swinging his way out of disadvantage, nevermind that the concept of disadavantage is that options like this become easily punishable. Oh, and if you suspect a Side B, you can literally charge USmash, react to it and outspace him while remaining unscathed altogether, it's all about tempism, he was more prone to make fire blitzes when these would go over your hea, but not over USmash(again, only considering your position but not your options). What I said about him attacking ad nauseam repeats when you were on the ledge, where he kept mashing attacks toward your shield, resulting in him becoming very vulnerable to simply rolling behind him, depending on the timing he wouldeither throw one more swing in the air or raise his shield, so I'd say the best option in that case is Side B.
Like, really, instead of, you know, outspacing you and waiting for your reaction he mashed attacks hoping to cover random ledge options
Furthermore, he always jumps out of combos, without moving horizontally out of the way because "u attakd mii now I gan attak u"
I also think you should work on your DI

Last edited:

TM 023

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2015-1144-0090

So, I watched ultil 28 minutes (I'll watch the rest), and I saw somethings there:
  1. You should have used your grabs more against this zard. Yeah, you can't follow up zard after a dthrow due to his weight, but fthrow and bthrow are fine to put him offstage.
  2. Ledge trumps are amazing against zard. His hurtbox while grabbing the ledge is so big that you can fsmash, ftilt, dtilt, fair or even ganoncide while onstage.
  3. Zard was always using an attack to land onstage and after getting hit. Shield grabs would work fine.
  4. When you were offstage, zard was always next to the ledge throwing some aerials. Bypassing the ledge with Up B would also work.
  5. And after flame choke, zard was always doing a get up attack. You got this after some battles, but it's good to remember.

thechoznjuan

Smash Rookie
NNID
thechoznjuan
3DS FC
2981-8105-7158
User name: thechoznjuan
In-Game name: thechozn / IT'S A ME
3DS Friend Code: 2981-8105-7158
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: thechoznjuan
Country of Residence: Utah, USA
Palette Colour: 7
Message: I've been in competitive smash for a little over a year, but I just recently started taking it to the next level by studying frames and matchups and what not. I also main Mario, but I really want to get good with Ganon. I'm still kinda new to maining Ganon, but I'd like to learn as much as I can. Don't be afraid to call me up!

Top Bottom