• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice on my Ganondorf. Any insight would be helpful!
Edit: This is where you post this sort of thing, right?

Last edited:

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
Looks like I should fill one of these out
User name: LoveExpert
In-Game name: piezurry
3DS Friend code:3926-8601-0162
Nintendo ID: N/A
Country of Residence: USA (NY)
Palette Colour: Red (alt 5)

Also have a good amount of ganon footage in my money matches, including two with Opana

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yup lol not my greatest performance. Ill get you back you slimy ****
Pay me back? Hey, you did it first. ;) When I was at my most vulnerable no less!

I didn't start recording replays until you posted those other vids. :p Now I do it as a countermeasure.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeaahh lol I recall having a pretty poor showing that whole session haha. When I get back home I'll redeem myself :p
Don't worry lol. Like I said, we all have our days. My point is that posting vids of other peoples' poor showings invites karma! ;)

Last edited:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Lol I think you misunderstand why I upload matches where I embarass people. I do it to fueeelll the competition. Nothing fuels competition like delicious delicous salt. So please everyone uploaddd alll the embarassment you have on old grandpa Kosk, it will only make me strongerrrrr.

Yessss let the hate flow through you...

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
LoveExperts mms with me were silly, we could hear the messed up commentary and it was hilarious. Our second mm though...

I hate the dorf mirror and kosk probably gives me the hardest time out of any dorf followed by a2. I feel like they're really strong in the mirror or at the least against me lol, idk man. I'd rather play 100 Sheiks over one dorf.

That being said I'm cool if someone(kosk) uploads games of them giving me the good business if they're real hype, if it's just to brag though that's kinda lame lol.

On the subject of mirrors verm was my fav to play because of how smart he was in his play, I never even got salty it was just a good time. Did you add me btw? I've had requests for awhile I really gotta check lol.

I really wanna play you again Verm, the small amount we played I swear helped me improve tremendously, it made me consider options I never would've before that i frequently use still today. I hope to see more of that, and if not I'm gonna hope that means I've improved.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
You wrecked me good last time man, am I up there lol? Koskinator Koskinator

I think I gotta pull out the ole patientpana when we play, recklesspana was done dirty.

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
Here's a compilation I made of highlights from the majority of my streams since late January.

I hope you guys get a good kick out of some of these moments. Let me know what you guys think. I had a lot of fun putting this together. I look forward to the negative or positive comments to come

LoveExpert LoveExpert , @Gunblade789 , Koskinator Koskinator , Opana Opana

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
You had some nice clips in there, I like all the warlock punches lol. Good music too

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
You had some nice clips in there, I like all the warlock punches lol. Good music too
Thanks! I tried to showcase more specifically warlock punches taking advantage of super armor , because I think it's an underused move. First track is from Code Lyoko (props for those who remember that show), and the second one I got off of soundcloud. Symphonic metal always is a nice touch to a Dark Demon's Destruction.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Why does it look like it was B-reversed?
^That's just because hardly anyone tries to, any non-trascendent move with at least 21% damage clashes with a non-reversed Neutral B

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
Opana got dunked in pools at Collision today, had to fight some bayo that was actually trash, but went onto getting top 8. Besides for that Opana really showed off the matchup in terms on how you play it. Even thought he did lose, he played really solid, a good example on what to do against her imo
https://www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments/v/61007327
2:44:30

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I was bayonettad man lol

Really though it was fun, my mistake going for the cide game 2 I just didn't wanna get hit. I tried all kinds of di but I'm stumped.

I lost in losers to a solid luigi, like they actually were lacking in combos but they covered the ledge so well and I'm kicking myself for not having that fair tech smh.

Not satisfied with my performance vs the Luigi, I think I played great vs Bayo though despite losing. He took out Angel and other notables I think, was hoping to play Mr E though lol.

Next time I'll do better, it was stacked so I'm not too upset but man I know I could've made it out of pools.

Edit

Also LoveExpert LoveExpert has improved so much in a short time it's crazy, we went even a lot in dittos today, back and forth a lot. He did as well as I did too taking a game from Mqx Ketchum in the process(cool guy btw). He really wowed me doing so well at a stacked regional, he went from a guy that used to go 0-2 to top 8ing our weeklys and now a solid performance here as well. I'm expecting great things from him.

Edit 2: 25th out of 81 btw, afaik LoveExpert placed the same too which for nj is solid imo.

Last edited:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Why does it look like it was B-reversed?
^That's just because hardly anyone tries to, any non-trascendent move with at least 21% damage clashes with a non-reversed Neutral B
An uncharged Ryu fsmash does 17% and that was a non B reversed reverse warlock punch that does 37%. Whyyyy samuraaaaiiiiiii

Top Bottom