• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Wavebounce pk fire zap jump wavebounce psi magnet :L
I never understood the difference between PK and PSI. Is PK offensive and PSI defensive? I played a good chunk of Earthbound before and every attack I can remember in that game was PSI so i'm confused.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
GGs to that white and green Marth team going up against a dark Zelda and a red Kirby/dark MK/dark Ganon/classic TLink. I was the Zelda; I kinda just stood around for the first few rounds I popped into, but I had to help the guy you were teaming, he's my friend. Really great matches, I enjoyed one's green Marth and the other's blue Lucas. I love getting the chance to dance all over the stage with some feisty defensive aerials.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
All these Zeldas must be from her being revealed on the new Smash Bros.
Actually I've been playing Zelda for years since Melee, though I main Pikachu better there. She's my first and foremost main on Brawl :p

Idk about all those other ones though. Wisdom and I have seen so many tonight, it's insane. Though I'm pretty sure that other dark Zelda I kept seeing was the same one person. Saw her six times lol, I bet she was getting sick of seeing me, especially when I took the main color and made her lighter a couple times.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
First player is normal of course, second is lighter, third is slightly darker than the first, and fourth is even darker. I love getting full rooms of the same color same character, it's fun to see what people will do. I still want a room full of neutral pikachu on basic at some point..

Well, early night. Night all ~

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I never understood the difference between PK and PSI. Is PK offensive and PSI defensive? I played a good chunk of Earthbound before and every attack I can remember in that game was PSI so i'm confused.
PK is used AND ONLY USED for offensive PSI.
"PSI" refers to the technique (PSI techniques).
"PSI" can also be prefixed for all recovery PSI, and Brainshock, Hypnosis and Paralysis.
"Shield" and "Counter" cannot be prefixed because there are already PSI called "PSI Shield" and "PSI Counter". "Offense/Defense Up/Down" are also usually not prefixed, although you can do it. Everything else that is not offensive PSI can be prefixed w/ "PSI".

Earthbound was mistranslated, all the offensive PSI should have been prefixed "PK" instead of "PSI".

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
cool thanks for the lore differences PKbeam my bf is really interested in earthbound since he bought the cart and the case for it :D

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I was just on;
It was a Zelda gangbang; It started when I joined a match and Samus was hacking;
She had selected a black stage where we infinitely fell. Then it was a free for all, where Samus was now Zelda, until when I was Lucas and Ness;
I formed a alliance with the Lucario on a Temple stage, and the next match (on final destination) we got the hacker on our team. We all teamed up on Sonic, until Sonic was Sheik, I was Toon Link, and Lucario was Link. Eventually Link left, and another foe joined; Bowser! It was 2v2, Zelda was Samus again, I was Lucas, and Sonic was Jigglypuff. We easily outmatched them, and they both left. We waited in the Waiting room, until the time ran out, and the connection died.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
I was just wondering, has anyone ever seen a red Peach who does nothing but camp the whole match? She'll always sit by the edge and do nothing. Like if you're on Temple she'll go to the very bottom on that little platform and just crouch there. Me and Twi get her all the time. She knows who we are now. She'll only recognize us if we're together but seperated she doesn't know. Sometimes when we get her she'll immediately drop out. Other times she'll actually stay and try to fight, but unfortunately isn't good enough to take me on. Apparently she's a hacker too. Saw her go Giga once after she had enough of me. I've only ever seen her with hacks after she started hating me. I guess she got hacks just because of me xD The other night she just got so mad at me. Any little move I did she would get all pissy and slap towards my direction. She was fine after I went Marth though :/ Anyways yeah, just wondering because I see this person all the time. Been seeing her for about a year now.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I was just wondering, has anyone ever seen a red Peach who does nothing but camp the whole match? She'll always sit by the edge and do nothing. Like if you're on Temple she'll go to the very bottom on that little platform and just crouch there. Me and Twi get her all the time. She knows who we are now. She'll only recognize us if we're together but seperated she doesn't know. Sometimes when we get her she'll immediately drop out. Other times she'll actually stay and try to fight, but unfortunately isn't good enough to take me on. Apparently she's a hacker too. Saw her go Giga once after she had enough of me. I've only ever seen her with hacks after she started hating me. I guess she got hacks just because of me xD The other night she just got so mad at me. Any little move I did she would get all pissy and slap towards my direction. She was fine after I went Marth though :/ Anyways yeah, just wondering because I see this person all the time. Been seeing her for about a year now.
Does she still use Peach now? I'll be looking for her on anyone brawl - You can identify me as the White and Red cap Ness who does his down taunt in the beggining.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I see that Red Peach once in a while. I'm friendly with her because she's friendly with me.

SodaBro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sodabro
I think I saw her once, she was pretty nice to me since I was giga bowser. :p

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Seems like quite a few people have seen her then. What is it about me that she hates? I only started fighting her because she was fighting me.... whatever...

Anyways, ggs to a dark Tink. I think we had four matches maybe? First two took place on FD, third on Big Blue and the last match he switched to green Fox which took place on Temple. After that first KO I got off of him he decided to drop :p This guy hated me too xD I guess he immediately started attacking me at first because he figured I was one of those Zelda noobs who spam Din's or something. Wrong! I rarely ever use that move.

PurpleExcadrill

Smash Cadet
Anybody want to friend me? My code is in sig. Also saying there is a team normal skined: Ike Sheik and Mario going around being annoying

SodaBro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sodabro
Oh god I'm so sorry if you guys were in my match, I was just trying to do target smash but i accidently picked the black stage with no platforms to stand on. I'm so sorry, :(

bassnashoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5258-1265-5176
Lol finally a different stage. I swear ALL of you MUST have been picking Shadow Moses Island. That is fun though, Snake keeps activating the dialogue in SMI and I've never heard them.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Seems like quite a few people have seen her then. What is it about me that she hates? I only started fighting her because she was fighting me.... whatever...

Anyways, ggs to a dark Tink. I think we had four matches maybe? First two took place on FD, third on Big Blue and the last match he switched to green Fox which took place on Temple. After that first KO I got off of him he decided to drop :p This guy hated me too xD I guess he immediately started attacking me at first because he figured I was one of those Zelda noobs who spam Din's or something. Wrong! I rarely ever use that move.
Dude. I just saw you. We were on WarioWare, and there was a gray kirby, Red Peach, and Dark Zelda. The game crashed for me cause of some wifi error; I have some pics of it >.<

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Dude. I just saw you. We were on WarioWare, and there was a gray kirby, Red Peach, and Dark Zelda. The game crashed for me cause of some wifi error; I have some pics of it >.<
The Dark Zelda? Nah, that wasn't me. I main Green Zelda. Right now I'm in a room having a 3v1 against some Ike noob.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
The Dark Zelda? Nah, that wasn't me. I main Green Zelda. Right now I'm in a room having a 3v1 against some Ike noob.
She must've thought it was you, as it was 3v1 against Zelda
I'll look for you, I'm white-red Ness, and duck twice and taunt in the beginning

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
She must've thought it was you, as it was 3v1 against Zelda
I'll look for you, I'm white-red Ness, and duck twice and taunt in the beginning
Wow that Peach is on right now? 3v1 never happens to me so yeah, that Zelda wasn't me. Alright, if I see you I'll duck then do my up taunt.

Edit: Wait, is this Ness you? I have red-white Ness, tan Ike, and purple ZSS.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Wow that Peach is on right now? 3v1 never happens to me so yeah, that Zelda wasn't me. Alright, if I see you I'll duck then do my up taunt.

Edit: Wait, is this Ness you? I have red-white Ness, tan Ike, and purple ZSS.
I don't think so, the only ikes I see are default color.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
A group of 3 bullies love teaming on one person for no reason. Yellow Ike, Neutral Samus, Blue Snake. I just started running i'm sick of people teaming on me for no reason.

Edit: Now they're sitting here on shadow moses SD never dying so I can't even disconnect them.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
A group of 3 bullies love teaming on one person for no reason. Yellow Ike, Neutral Samus, Blue Snake. I just started running i'm sick of people teaming on me for no reason.

Edit: Now they're sitting here on shadow moses SD never dying so I can't even disconnect them.
Noone attacks for no reason; you probably pissed them off

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I've seen 3 players pick the same character with same color and they look whitish and a blackish one. I wonder what color shade the 4th player would get.
In melee there was a glitch that let everyone pick the same color, the result was that player 4 was pitch black. (Like a silhouette.)

So unless they changed it, that's what I think would happen.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Many people attack for no reason. It happens to me all the freakin time.
It was no reason, I was standing there and they all gang up on me.
Lol taunt party. Just spam crouch and do some taunts. It's pretty fun, TPs have a really bad rep but you can have some fun with Eldin glitch and Temple jumps. Next time just wait a while, don't do anything, don't attack. If they start attacking you just spam crouch/taunt. If they don't stop then D/C the group.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Lol taunt party. Just spam crouch and do some taunts. It's pretty fun, TPs have a really bad rep but you can have some fun with Eldin glitch and Temple jumps. Next time just wait a while, don't do anything, don't attack. If they start attacking you just spam crouch/taunt. If they don't stop then D/C the group.
I'm not talking about Taunt Parties. I'm talking about rooms with 3 douchebags who team up on whoever joins the room. I don't like to TP cuz it's boring as hell. When I do stumble across a taunt party, I just practice techs with whoever I use or start freindly 1on1's.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I'm not talking about Taunt Parties. I'm talking about rooms with 3 douchebags who team up on whoever joins the room. I don't like to TP cuz it's boring as hell. When I do stumble across a taunt party, I just practice techs with whoever I use or start freindly 1on1's.
OK that's f****ed up go MK

Player -0

Smash Hero
Solution to something you don't like.....
GO MK!

Edit: On the side note just saw the Zelda announcement on smashbros.com. She looks pretty cool, it seems Sakurai is having the faces look a lot more sleek and asian? For Link, Marth, and Zelda it looks really sharp. I kinda wanna draw some of Zelda's poses, they look cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom