• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I'm not talking about Taunt Parties. I'm talking about rooms with 3 douchebags who team up on whoever joins the room. I don't like to TP cuz it's boring as hell. When I do stumble across a taunt party, I just practice techs with whoever I use or start freindly 1on1's.
Yeah taunt parties are boring, but 3v1 can be fun if you make the best of it. I find that most 3v1 players have very little or no patience. You can usually take advantage of that by making them hit or grab each other. I also notice that there will usually be one player that significantly weaker than the other ones, if you find yourself cornered or surrounded it helps to know who that is so you can go through them and get out easier. Also, it helps to not attack often in these scenarios, focus on evasive manuvers. If you see a gimp opportunity or a chance for a kill then go for it though. Sometimes if you start fighting back one of them will hang back to take advantage of your recovery while you hit someone else so be wary of that. The best stages for being the one guy in 3v1 from personal experience would be any hyrule stage, ovbiously because there's a lot more room, Norfair also works because you can do ledgestall shenanigans and there's plenty of room. If you're on a smaller stage like final destination however, you can still successfully evade well, usually just some well-timed air dodges and smart use of the ledge can keep them chasing you for most of the round. When the countdown for the match to end comes up, you'll want to SD to guarantee a winner unless you're already winning anyway, this avoids Sudden Death stalling.

However, even with these tips the biggest secret is to just not care at all about winning or losing and just have fun. Sometimes you can throw them off by intentionally making a specific one of them win matches, I had a good time doing that once, the guy I was feeding wins to started running away, lol.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Yep, disconnected after a gimp 10 seconds into the match. Stay free, neutral Ike, and come at me again neutral Zelda/Tink when there isn't someone to disconnect us. I look forward to it.

Edit: And the hate continues! Wow blue Zelda, can't handle gimping so you had to go Warioman? Pathetic. You'll never get better that way, oh and nice try attempting to freeze my wii. I've dealt with enough Warioman assholes to know to avoid that. Have a nice life.

Last edited:

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
I met the most annoying Mario this morning. Twice. He just does what all annoying Marios do. Spam dsmash and fireball.

I think the hate is growing stronger xD I haven't found one decent player for at least a couple of days

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
about 12 hours ago... something odd happened on BB.
P2 and P3 joined at first, then P4.
During the match P2 and P3 were TPers so I joined them and we owned P4 who was crashing.
Next match P4 appeared to be TPing w/ us. Then he Dsmashed us and pretended it was an accident.
Me and P2 saw this but P2 was the one who was doing something. He targeted P4 but he didn't care if we got in the way. P3 fell for P4's facade and the two of them started attacking P2. I was standing there watching, not sure whether to join P2 or not. Whenever I got a smash ball/was @ kill %, P4 would target me. Eventually P3 saw what P4 was doing so P2 and P3 beat up P4 and I joined them.

After a few matches P4 got friendly with us.
After another few matches P4 started attacking again. Me and P2 quickly destroyed P4 while P3 helped a bit, sometimes.

Very odd indeeed.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I was in this one group for I'm sure well over an hour. At first it was just me as dark Zelda and this neutral Lucario in a CPU battle, then next round a neutral Peach showed up as I went green Peach. Lucario went Pit, and I'm not sure if they knew what crouching meant in a taunt party. For whatever reason I appointed myself as this Peach's guardian, and watched as this Pit tried to throw items at us and then crouch. Several matches turned into fights and several stayed tensely peaceful, with me jumping at the chance to attack if he slipped up. P4 came in one round as blue Link and stayed with us, with Peach switching only between neutral/white Peach, pink Zelda, and neutral PT. Link I'm not sure who he all switched between besides that Link, Shadow Tink, and blue Lucario. Pit changed several characters including neutral Pika, green Kirby, and the above mentioned and more. I only changed between dark Zelda, green Peach, and blue Marth for two rounds. If anyone recognizes this group, it was pretty fun, up until we got disconnected.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
People always get mad at me when I up throw them in Sudden Death.
Even though Bowser's up throw can't kill at any percent.

also yay we can see who is viewing the thread again

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
I met the most annoying Mario this morning. Twice. He just does what all annoying Marios do. Spam dsmash and fireball.

I think the hate is growing stronger xD I haven't found one decent player for at least a couple of days
90% of the Marios I get either do what you said or spam nothing but F-tilts, so I know exactly how you feel. Even worse is, a common trend seems to be that these types of players will often bring with them heavy lag, and by consequence their painfully predictable play style will actually start to work on me.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Lol these people who seem to think alloys will work on wifi. Second time I've been frozen out just after their nameplate showed up.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Lol these people who seem to think alloys will work on wifi. Second time I've been frozen out just after their nameplate showed up.
I have never once seen someone who comes on as an alloy. Awhile back though, I attempted Basic with P:M. Desynched a lot but it was worth it.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
lol @ this P2 neutral marth making an ass of himself. he first picked a fight with me (neutral snake), then after i stomped him like five matches in a row, he switched his focus to the P3 red peach and P4 purple TL, who both proceeded to promptly lay the smackdown on him as i watched. he went red TL last round and won from fighting them, and left just now

edit: got DC'd

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Really wish I would stop finding that red Peach every night. If I see her again tonight I'm just gonna kick her around for a few rounds then leave.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I was just wondering, has anyone ever seen a red Peach who does nothing but camp the whole match? She'll always sit by the edge and do nothing. Like if you're on Temple she'll go to the very bottom on that little platform and just crouch there. Me and Twi get her all the time. She knows who we are now. She'll only recognize us if we're together but seperated she doesn't know. Sometimes when we get her she'll immediately drop out. Other times she'll actually stay and try to fight, but unfortunately isn't good enough to take me on. Apparently she's a hacker too. Saw her go Giga once after she had enough of me. I've only ever seen her with hacks after she started hating me. I guess she got hacks just because of me xD The other night she just got so mad at me. Any little move I did she would get all pissy and slap towards my direction. She was fine after I went Marth though :/ Anyways yeah, just wondering because I see this person all the time. Been seeing her for about a year now.
Ohh I think I seen her too, red seems to be familiar. I think others have done that as well. I've seen Peach's just sit looking over a ledge and they scurry someplace else if people get near. Maybe it was just the one person. A strange phenomenon nonetheless.
I beat this MK one on one, I think because I was Zelda he thought he could easily take me. He did well at first but I KO'd him and I was at 60% and he disconnected 5 seconds before the match ended.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Ohh I think I seen her too, red seems to be familiar. I think others have done that as well. I've seen Peach's just sit looking over a ledge and they scurry someplace else if people get near. Maybe it was just the one person. A strange phenomenon nonetheless.
I beat this MK one on one, I think because I was Zelda he thought he could easily take me. He did well at first but I KO'd him and I was at 60% and he disconnected 5 seconds before the match ended.
People always target me because I'm Zelda. Once they start fighting me they can see I'm pretty decent.

GYK, is this white Link you? He acts just like it. There's a neutral Zelda and orange Luigi.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
People always target me because I'm Zelda. Once they start fighting me they can see I'm pretty decent..
Lol, I hear that. I'm usually the chosen victim too. I fought so many MK, Marth, & Snake's that overall they're not that bad because I learnt their moveset so well. I'm the default color Zelda btw if you ever run into me.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Lol, I hear that. I'm usually the chosen victim too. I fought so many MK, Marth, & Snake's that overall they're not that bad because I learnt their moveset so well. I'm the default color Zelda btw if you ever run into me.
Dark Zelda who will usually duck and dashdance a lot, double and quad farore across temple, glidetoss items everywhere, usually doesn't fight and flees from fighters. There's another dark Zelda who acts like me though, so.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
I'm usually a green Zelda if you ever see me. I pretty much do what Twili does. Except for the 'running from fighters' part. If someone starts fighting I'll usually jump in to fight them.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Dark Zelda who will usually duck and dashdance a lot, double and quad farore across temple, glidetoss items everywhere, usually doesn't fight and flees from fighters. There's another dark Zelda who acts like me though, so.
I'm usually a green Zelda if you ever see me. I pretty much do what Twili does. Except for the 'running from fighters' part. If someone starts fighting I'll usually jump in to fight them.
Neat, nice to meet other Zelda mains. For the most part when I meet a Zelda, they're usually at least decent. I guess newcomers don't find her as "cool" as other spammers like Mario's or Kirby's lol.:p
I'm usually independent at first, but I'll play around if I find a trusting companion. And I do love to fight, or at least playfight (the jab agreement thing)

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
Well... looks like he disconnected us :/ He just couldn't leave without disconnecting all of us. I was starting to to get more aggressive and pull out some wow combos and stuff. :/

You gals were going to see a show! D: Oh well good games man~
He couldn't take losing so much, apparently. First two people I find right after the d/c, and he's one of them. xD Just wish the group was there long enough to see that. Ah, well. Ggs to you, too. ~

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
He couldn't take losing so much, apparently. First two people I find right after the d/c, and he's one of them. xD Just wish the group was there long enough to see that. Ah, well. Ggs to you, too. ~
Your [each was nice to :) I just know what Peachs do. And Link can just Zair her back and just throw stuff to break her down. Anyway, I found the Ganondorf again. XD Turns out, he's a hacker! =O

Now he's just waiting to hit me, but he can't, too much Bombs, arrows and Boomerang. Only character that can go through this stuff with cake is MetaKinght. But Link's Bombs to good though. There we have it-_- another dc~

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Why do people feel the need to kill afc people for free points? Apparently some noob Marth was killing me because I had to leave for a few rounds. Not my fault >_<

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
Your [each was nice to :) I just know what Peachs do. And Link can just Zair her back and just throw stuff to break her down. Anyway, I found the Ganondorf again. XD Turns out, he's a hacker! =O

Now he's just waiting to hit me, but he can't, too much Bombs, arrows and Boomerang. Only character that can go through this stuff with cake is MetaKinght. But Link's Bombs to good though. There we have it-_- another dc~
Thank you. ~ And I noticed, I really sruggled against your Link in those beginning 1v1 matches we had. Way too strong for me to handle. xD
He's a hacker? Haha, can't say I'm surprised in the least.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Thank you. ~ And I noticed, I really sruggled against your Link in those beginning 1v1 matches we had. Way too strong for me to handle. xD
He's a hacker? Haha, can't say I'm surprised in the least.
No problem! And meh, a lot of the problem was WiFi as well. I hope next the connection will be more smoother. =O Ha ha! xD Thank you for the compliment towards my Link. :D Yes, I'm not surprised as well! Well, I'm going to sleep now, it was fun and thanks for the few games Peachy and hacker. Good night all~

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
That one round we had sure was fun... I wasn't even really paying attention because I was mostly focused on the Link figuring out who that was. Nice to know it was you though, GYK. I don't even know when or if I'll be on tomorrow. If I am it will most likely be around 12:30. I need to get some Brawl in eventually.

...Basic is so dead right now. Having trouble finding anyone.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I'll start playing if you join; All the players I'm against are Taunts and Competitive players; a NOOBY competitive; So we easily kicked his ass.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Happy New Years eve everyone! I hope you all had a amazing year. May our next year be a blessed one~

I'll be on at around 6:45ish pm. Happy 3vs1~

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
When do most of you guys get on?
I usually get on late at night, earliest 8pm EST and latest around 12am, and I'm on either all night or up until specific times depending on if/when I have to work the next day. Latest I usually stay up is to 10am the next day.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
When do most of you guys get on?
I'll usually start at around 10pm EST the earliest (sometimes 5) and I'll stay up throughout the night playing. Usually until 10 or 11 am.

Tonight I'll most likely start at around 9 and be on for a short time then go back online at either midnight or 1.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I'll be on for a while; to identify me, I'll have the red and white costume,(normally Ness, Lucas, or Mario) and crouch-crouch-taunt.

Top Bottom