• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
The most fun way to troll in team battle is to get both people to play as Snake and just dacus all the time. It's hilarious, no one ever catches you.
It's also fun to get two Falcos to use the laser one after the other.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Epic stage spike just now

I just finished playing a group in Team Battle for about an hour. This Sonic decided to stall under Final Destination during the final seconds of a match. My Wario also decided to go down there to pay him a visit. Let's just say that Sonic was stage spiked and left with a smell he will never forget. Mwahahaha. :-)

Zulo

Smash Ace
I think I was in that group, though I don't remember that happening I was the first to leave the group. I used uh.. Marth/Pit/Puff/Samus/Ike. Saw you, I assume, trying to do the bike glitch on Smashville (which we were always on), taunted a few times when I noticed but it was in vain because people kept on attacking us..

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I think I was in that group, though I don't remember that happening I was the first to leave the group. I used uh.. Marth/Pit/Puff/Samus/Ike. Saw you, I assume, trying to do the bike glitch on Smashville (which we were always on), taunted a few times when I noticed but it was in vain because people kept on attacking us..
Awesome! You are now the 2nd confirmed person here I have played online in Team Battle. Anyway you might not have noticed the stage spike because it happened right after you hit the gooey bomb in the final seconds of the very final match just 70 minutes ago.

I noticed you had some arrow looping going on too. Anyway I was hoping to get one of the opponents with the "forbidden technique" while you had them distracted. I almost pulled it off but just didn't get the timing right.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I don't usually do teams, because there used to not be very many skilled players in there.. But recently there have been so that might change.

I was hoping you would too. xD Ah well. I had fun with all those bike tires while you were trying. Did you save any of those perchance?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I'll send replays once we exchange Wii codes

I tend to prefer Team Battle since nearly everyone there really wants to fight, as opposed to Basic Brawl. I sometimes stop over there just to mess with taunters' heads if I can't get a real brawl. Anyway yes, I did save several matches, so if you're interested in some, I can send them. We can share Wii codes over private messages, and I will forward some to you as early as tomorrow.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
D: David did you just ignore your Ganny buddy? >: I SAW you on Temple do the bike trick on the mid-left top platform on your cinnamon wario about 15 days ago. XD. I teabagged with my Ganondorf at you then went back destroying that noob. I can't remember which character I killed of yours, but you stopped killing my Ganondorf after I 2 stocked you <3

Zulo

Smash Ace
Sounds good, I'll get that to you tomorrow.

I really want to run into your red Ganon, Alien Vision. So you can show me how to win with Ganon. ;)

link2702

Smash Champion
ugh i hate when they have to gang up on one person to win =_=;

noob pika, noob marth, and one "decent" falco all ganged up on me in order to win the match.

well...thats it, done with lolbrawl tonight.

least one thing funny happened out of all of it, one match right at the end, the noob pika used thunder....right as both me(i was a falco the whole time as well, for gits and shiggles) and the other falco used our reflector at the same time on the pika, watched his damage go from like....25-50, to like 175 or something like that, in the blink of an eye.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Sounds good, I'll get that to you tomorrow.

I really want to run into your red Ganon, Alien Vision. So you can show me how to win with Ganon. ;)
Actually when I fought David - I was either BnW Ganondorf or that brown one. I'm going to be switching back to brown again anyways. So watch out for my Ganondorf. I tend to always use FoG because it is just so fun to exploit. The main taunt I ever use is when he manically laughs (at one's failure). I tend to hang around the edge alot, inspecting my opponents. I will attack anyone I see who is at a high level. I tend to grab you - to pummel you once to show you I want to duel. I don't want to just get a free 20% on you as if it was legit. All I remember was his Wario because of that bike trick I have never seen before, and that his character I 2 stock'd was on FD. The rest he needs to help me remember.

Zulo

Smash Ace
FoG? Side b perhaps?

Yeah, pretty sure I've never run into you before then. But now I'll know what to look out for~

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Actually when I fought David - I was either BnW Ganondorf or that brown one. I'm going to be switching back to brown again anyways. So watch out for my Ganondorf. I tend to always use FoG because it is just so fun to exploit. The main taunt I ever use is when he manically laughs (at one's failure). I tend to hang around the edge alot, inspecting my opponents. I will attack anyone I see who is at a high level. I tend to grab you - to pummel you once to show you I want to duel. I don't want to just get a free 20% on you as if it was legit. All I remember was his Wario because of that bike trick I have never seen before, and that his character I 2 stock'd was on FD. The rest he needs to help me remember.
the name of it is flight of ganon? I can never find that tech anywhere

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
FoG? Side b perhaps?

Yeah, pretty sure I've never run into you before then. But now I'll know what to look out for~
Flight of Ganon. When Ganon looks like superman. It's his advanced AT. You shorthop. Jump into an aerial dodge. Then when Ganon comes down in his dodge frames, just about when you hit the floor; hit Down + B. If done correctly - Ganon will appear to fly up nearly to the top of the screen. It's great for mindgames if done efficently and for the right moments it can be useful. Which is why I use it all the time during my online shenanigans to make it as viable as I can - for it to be part of my game.

link2702

Smash Champion
I love using the FoG just for lolz cuz it looks awesome for one thing, annnd it seriously freaks the casuals in the match out, just like the mortar slide or falco's gattling combo

of course i have a hard time getting the timing down from the short hop to air dodge one.

but the one where you use wizards foot from the very end of the stage i've got down.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I love using the FoG just for lolz cuz it looks awesome for one thing, annnd it seriously freaks the casuals in the match out, just like the mortar slide or falco's gattling combo

of course i have a hard time getting the timing down from the short hop to air dodge one.

but the one where you use wizards foot from the very end of the stage i've got down.
Thats funny. I fail at the wizard kick FoG. I am pro at the SH FoG and I am really getting good at edge hopping FoG. I don't know why I can master the advanced before the simple. I guess advanced has this accomplishing feel to it, so my determination makes it very well rewarding. While the rest - I could learn afterwards since it's really just benign for my tastes.

Here is a few tips:

1. Don't listen to what they said about how to get it down easier. Just spam the input. Keep doing it - even if it takes you hours. You will start getting it down soon. Trying to look at Ganondorf's landing and where he is above the ground will only mess you up IMO. Just keep doing it, and add a new function to your muscle memory. I do mine by motion. I can't do it by visual.

2. Get used to it with and without lag. It will really work in your favor during laggy situations. If they shield while you are coming down. Take advantage of it.

3. Never get frustrated. Just like fear. It will only accumulate. Taking away the ability to achieve what you sought for.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Oh, that. I've seen it before, but it was just called super jump or something. I tried it but gave up because it was too hard and I don't use Ganon anyways.. And that just reassures me that I've never seen you, because I've never seen anyone do that on wifi.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Oh, that. I've seen it before, but it was just called super jump or something. I tried it but gave up because it was too hard and I don't use Ganon anyways.. And that just reassures me that I've never seen you, because I've never seen anyone do that on wifi.
You're missing out bruh! FoG is by far one of the only AT's I could ever fall inlove with.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Met this DK/dark MK the other day who came at me the minute I entered the group. I whipped him Texas style with red Ike on his DK and he thought he could win by spamming dsmash with MK. B) That was a huge mistake you should slap yourself for making. :troll: I baited him a lot with Snake's nades and he KO'd himself a bunch when I ditto'd MKs with him. :troll:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Ran into a very skilled Ganon and Marth. Ganon chased off 2 bad players that only focused on him. Then challenges me. 2 stocked him every round. Dunno if he lacks Peach MU exp or what but his luck ran out. Then is good black Marth joins. Challenges him. Lost more round to him/her than won.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Ran into a very skilled Ganon and Marth. Ganon chased off 2 bad players that only focused on him. Then challenges me. 2 stocked him every round. Dunno if he lacks Peach MU exp or what but his luck ran out. Then is good black Marth joins. Challenges him. Lost more round to him/her than won.
Definately wasn't me. I am starting to get really used to those who main Peach. Especially when you do that bull**** when you're recoving while hovering. I make sure I punish you for that waving in and out nonsense. I make sure to watch out for your dair + your turnips. I make sure I am prepared for your Side B if I am at a distance. I have certaint tricks that will shut you down :3 Muahahaha. My will as a Ganny player is top tier!

justrk86

Smash Rookie
While I'm still remembering it, ggs to the black falcon/red Lucas. I was the Blue Falcon/Jigglypuff. That was as much fun as I've had in BB (or Brawl in general) in a long time.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Wasn't my Wario, sorry

D: David did you just ignore your Ganny buddy? >: I SAW you on Temple do the bike trick on the mid-left top platform on your cinnamon wario about 15 days ago. XD. I teabagged with my Ganondorf at you then went back destroying that noob. I can't remember which character I killed of yours, but you stopped killing my Ganondorf after I 2 stocked you <3
I searched and searched through replays from around that time period and cannot find any such match. And I make sure to save matches whenever I encounter a FoG-capable Ganon. I also save matches when I encounter Warios that are good with bike glitches. I highly suspect you have been running into one such Wario that I also run into. From the sounds of things, he is more consistent with the glitches than I am. I vividly remember a player who was good at both FoG and the bike glitches, which is a rare combination indeed. He either wasn't as good with fighting or he just didn't want to, so I mostly watched or played along.

Also, I use all of Wario's costumes (and mix up other characters as well), so from one day to the next it won't necessarily be the same. In a way it makes it harder to tell when I am there, but I enjoy the relative anonymity of Basic Brawl and Team Battle.

We have probably been in a Basic Brawl together, but perhaps in one where nobody was fighting (or the other two players were.) I've seen FoG-capable Ganons, and I bet one of them was you. It just hasn't been in any match you or I have described yet.

justrk86

Smash Rookie
Ha, I thought I would find someone here :awesome:. I don't really have stock characters that I go with, but I tend to use one character for a few rounds and I stick with the same color from character to character.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
blue dk/ red mario/ black GW vs a yellow kirby/white ness/blue lucas

random guy is annoying and im on pikachu. Im having fun watchin the fight

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Watching a Falco and Shiek go at it. Both are average and always leads in SDs. Funny thing is they take turns on beating each other in SD. Me and this Ness are just watching.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
who is this blue marth/blue ike/white ganon trying to impersonate me on my blue marth whilst ****** the room?

ur making me giggle LOL

he wants to 2v2 yay rofl the pit raged quit after i gimped him annd room dced. Ran into him in another room with wario and GW he was on his blue ike. Left lol

lmao @ white kirby throwing a bomb at gliding MK in SD <333 blue kirby too in here and me on blue wolf. Dis MK is terrible always starting out with grabs at start. Jiggly is making me giggle with those taunts after he gets bodied

Zulo

Smash Ace
Got in a group with a white Pit last night. I was Falcon, so we were able to pull off that glitch when Falcon slides really far if you reverse his reverse Falcon Punch. I changed to Ganon but he left, but then he joined the group again after I changed characters. I changed to Ganon, but then he went Puff unfortunately.. Later, there was a very good Olimar/GaW/Peach. Sorry I didn't take you seriously and went Puff, you were actually pretty good.

link2702

Smash Champion
zulo...

did you happen to be a green pit for a few matches and get matched up against a black pit, a crappy olimar, and some other random player?

Zulo

Smash Ace
Don't think so. A white Pit, a good Olimar, and a random other player tho.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Ahahahaha!!! So my bro was on BB who was friends with P2. P3 went afk after my bro whipped his ***. Dunno what happened but P2 and 4 developed a noobmance and gangeg up on my bro. I took over as green Snake after my bro lost ONCE. You guys sucked. P4 left after I *****ed him around. Whats the matter P2? Your buddy left you hangin, and you wanted to be friends again? Sorry but thats not how it works. How it works is I own you in which you eventually ragequit. You did eventually. You have my respect for sticking around but I dont like players like you, brah.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Random Peaches that fallow me around me get close and spam taunts thinking I will do the same. They don't get that I don't taunt spam. Its annoying and honestly Peaches taunts do get annoying quickly. Or those players that pick her every round and want to be top Peach and start attacking yet I badly beat them.

:phone:

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I use Ike (blue) almost exclusively, and when people try to copy my swag, i wtfpwned them:cool:

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Random Peaches that fallow me around me get close and spam taunts thinking I will do the same. They don't get that I don't taunt spam. Its annoying and honestly Peaches taunts do get annoying quickly. Or those players that pick her every round and want to be top Peach and start attacking yet I badly beat them.

:phone:
Speaking of spam taunting. Whenever I enter a room, and nobody does anything or everyone takes their 'spot' in temple and does nothing but stare. I break the silence by spamming HAIIIIII! Yep, there's a few that don't take it lightly for some reason and start coming after my Kirby butt. <.<

Ahahahaha!!! So my bro was on BB who was friends with P2. P3 went afk after my bro whipped his ***. Dunno what happened but P2 and 4 developed a noobmance and gangeg up on my bro. I took over as green Snake after my bro lost ONCE. You guys sucked. P4 left after I *****ed him around. Whats the matter P2? Your buddy left you hangin, and you wanted to be friends again? Sorry but thats not how it works. How it works is I own you in which you eventually ragequit. You did eventually. You have my respect for sticking around but I dont like players like you, brah.
I'm curious, what do you do if they don't ragequit and they're decent? :confused: Do you continue owning them? :troll:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Speaking of spam taunting. Whenever I enter a room, and nobody does anything or everyone takes their 'spot' in temple and does nothing but stare. I break the silence by spamming HAIIIIII! Yep, there's a few that don't take it lightly for some reason and start coming after my Kirby butt. <.<

I'm curious, what do you do if they don't ragequit and they're decent? :confused: Do you continue owning them? :troll:
Nah, I wont continue to crush their spirit if they dont ragequit. What I do is eventually get bored of the guy and avoid him or make him suicide himself when hes following me. :awesome: He'll eventually leave. B)

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
GG's to that yellow Kirby. I was trolling the entire room with my green Lucario. Too bad you were the only decent player. I wanted a challenge.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
So I engaged in a few parties/crasher battles today as Red Lucario...

A lot of you partyist guys need to learn how to get off other people's ***** when they're fighting a crasher.

The only reason every match resulted in a partyist victory was due to the fact all of the encountered crashers were complete idiots... Even one half decent crasher would tear whoever you guys were apart.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
So I engaged in a few parties/crasher battles today as Red Lucario...

A lot of you partyist guys need to learn how to get off other people's ***** when they're fighting a crasher.

The only reason every match resulted in a partyist victory was due to the fact all of the encountered crashers were complete idiots... Even one half decent crasher would tear whoever you guys were apart.
Did you happen to see a green Lucario trolling? Last night, my Lucario was destroying two annoying players while this red Lucario was watching. The red Lucario wasn't a noob either. Was that you?

Top Bottom