• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Meanwhile, I continue to question MK Tour's existence when it does this:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._luigi_and_a_remixed_version_of_mario_circuit

I'm pretty sure that retro Crash, Coco and Cortex didn't take up a spot in the NF roster.
The thing that really irritates me is that those skins are nothing special. They’re just recolours. They could have been something funny and unique like be in pixel form but nope. So much potential wasted.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Finally bought FP2. Feels good. No matter who comes out they're already mine! I'm ready for the roller coaster to start already!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Finally bought FP2. Feels good. No matter who comes out they're already mine! I'm ready for the roller coaster to start already!
Yeah, only thing is we don't know when it'll start, exactly. Assuming the general direct rumors for this month don't pan out, we're looking at nothing happening until Animal Crossing New Horizons gets released at least, or after Xenoblade Chronicles DE gets released at most.

Apart from the only remaining rumor of a mid-March Nindies, leaks are so dead that even LaxChris stopped doing fake leak videos.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah, only thing is we don't know when it'll start, exactly. Assuming the general direct rumors for this month don't pan out, we're looking at nothing happening until Animal Crossing New Horizons gets released at least, or after Xenoblade Chronicles DE gets released at most.

Apart from the only remaining rumor of a mid-March Nindies, leaks are so dead that even LaxChris stopped doing fake leak videos.
Even LaxChris? I don't know if I should be concerned or relieved...

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

I personally think it’s possible that a teaser for FP6 can happen in the next direct (which I have no idea when it will happen. I can’t see them delaying it for too much longer.) and if not then we won’t be seeing anything until E3 which is going to be torture to wait for. I guess if that is the case, the wait better be 100% worth it and they do a massive reveal, even if it isn’t Crash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I personally think it’s possible that a teaser for FP6 can happen in the next direct (which I have no idea when it will happen. I can’t see them delaying it for too much longer.) and if not then we won’t be seeing anything until E3 which is going to be torture to wait for. I guess if that is the case, the wait better be 100% worth it and they do a massive reveal, even if it isn’t Crash.
If it's at E3, that only increases chances for a double-reveal, if anything. Even if we start with something niche, Crash could be right around the corner. :ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:

But yeah they can't delay the general direct any longer, one fan got so tired of waiting that they made one via Super Mario Maker 2. I can't believe that New Horizons and XBDE are the only new things they plan to release for this year. Even if other games won't get out from them this year, they would still need to have some sort of announcement.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Decided to finally post in here to show my support for Crash. I really like his games (my favorite's Twinsanity, as "incomplete" as it's supposed to be) and really hope he can make it.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I do think ultimate is gonna get some kinda "ultimate port" with all dlc included, maybe a new story mode or somthing, kinda like street fighter 2 and it's rereleases. Maybe it could even get it's own dlc cycle?
this would make me happy

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just checked MandyCan's twitter, and I don't see why people are still humoring him. At this point, the guy is pretty much a troll who feuds (pointlessly) with a leaker who literally retired from covering Nintendo stuff. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Aside from some data being shifted around, BetaM has yet to have his record tainted in any way. It's amazing that he's pretty much the only active insider left in a period when the rest barely say anything, gave up, or were hunted down.

Sixth place isn't that bad. Though... why did they allow anime characters?
Freedom of public choice, I guess. :drshrug:

At least Shrek's not on there.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I am not that into Crash, I respect his legacy in the industry. I know he is coming and I just hope Spyro follows whether it be in Ultimate or Smash 6. Crash getting in means Spyro is a lock for the future if Activision allows Crash to stay in the next Smash.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, one thing's been bugging me about the latest datamine recently...

Normally, each major update comes with at least one new car. The Xfinity Flash Kart deal ends on March 15th, so it isn't that. Thus far, the datamine doesn't make any mention of a car at all. So, my hunch is, the next update's main focus could be on the mystery driver that keeps getting teased, who is the one to defeat on Beenox's time trials, and even comes with a brand-new car as a reward (if they don't just drive the Champion, that is).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I think the next time we get an open world Crash Bandicoot game (Twinsanity remake with all the cut content or not), it should take the Super Mario Odyssey approach and get rid of lives and make Wumpa Fruit a currency, but keep the Aku Aku hit point system the way it's always been.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I think the next time we get an open world Crash Bandicoot game (Twinsanity remake with all the cut content or not), it should take the Super Mario Odyssey approach and get rid of lives and make Wumpa Fruit a currency, but keep the Aku Aku hit point system the way it's always been.
That's a great idea, infinite lives would work well for Twinsanity, since it's more of an open world than going through levels like the previous Crash games. I didn't mind them much in the original game though, since it tended to give you a lot of lives, but it'd be a nice thing regardless.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since the latest GP's deadline is a few days later than usual, do you folks figure that we won't wait as long as before to find out about the latest content drop after the event ends? Seeing as the pit stop reset is seemingly going to be shorter.

As long as the "free-romping" isn't nearly as tedious as it was in Mind Over Mutant. Watching CGE play that reminded me of how much padding there was.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hello everyone, I have another idea to share:

Down Tilt: Swivel Swirl

While crouching, Crash can swing both his feet as he performs a full rotation, then returns to a crouching position. The damage is decent and can potentially trip foes, but the most impressive aspect is how quickly the attack is performed. In fact, any move that has Crash rotating tends to be faster than any other fighter's equivalent. Years of spinning have paid off in many ways it seems.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
After the next two weeks, the lobbies are gonna be like:

090.jpg

But boy are the Velo times tough, even the one for Dingo Canyon is harder than before. I can't possibly imagine how doable Beenox's times will be.

Also, Nitro-Fueled won another award!

Edit: Well, E3 is officially cancelled, so I haven't the slightest clue when we'll even get news for the next Crash game at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m not too familiar with the Crash series. I started playing N-Sane Trilogy and looked at other Crash games.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nothing much on the new news front, but BetaM uncovered beta names for some exotic skins (likely from the base game), saw that the skins from the very first datamine are back and yet to be assigned to seasons, and a certain character's outfit is looking to be a thing after all. My current theory for one of the skins in the next update is only getting more cemented by this information.

https://twitter.com/WumpaGem/status/1237102317071196160

Potential spoilers on the link. Also, PFFFT on the beta name for Fake Crash's current final exotic skin, that's a tad cheeky.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Thanks to AVGN, I've learned that it's possible to emulate Tiger Electronic games (though I would imagine it would be a lot of work). Does that mean it'll be possible to emulate that Crash game? The one with Mr. Crumb?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Welp, with E3 officially being Dead, we'll all just have to look forward to a re-purposed Nintendo Direct now.

I'm not too worried about it though since Nintendo always does a Digital Event, just sucks that there won't be a Live event this year.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thanks to AVGN, I've learned that it's possible to emulate Tiger Electronic games (though I would imagine it would be a lot of work). Does that mean it'll be possible to emulate that Crash game? The one with Mr. Crumb?
In theory, although it depends on how rare the 99X is. A cursory look on EBay shows that it's not even there...

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I've decided to make my own proper moveset for Crash:
Intro: Crash appears from a Time Twister portal and jumps into his fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: His default idle animation from the N. Sane Trilogy.

Idle 2: Crash looks to either the left or the right.

Notable Palette Swaps: Coco, Crunch, Cortex, Aku Aku, Uka Uka, Fake Crash, JP Crash

Walk: His walk from the N. Sane Trilogy.

Jog: His iconic run from the N. Sane Trilogy.

Dash: The Crash Dash, where he dashes forward looking straight down.

Damage: Crash spins for a split second, in a manner similar to his death animation from the very first game.

Jump: His iconic Jump and Double Jump.

Crouch: His crouch from the N. Sane Trilogy.

Weapon of Choice: Crash mainly uses his body to attack, but he can also pull out a Fruit Bazooka and some crates.

Jab: Crash slaps twice (4%, small knockback) and then performs a weak spin that goes continuously (.5-2% each hit, small knockback), then finishes with an uppercut with his right fist (6%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Crash spins once and sticks out his left foot (5%, small knockback). This is based on Coco's spin kick from Wrath of Cortex.
Down+A: Crash punches from on the ground (7%, small knockback)
Up+A: Crash lunges his legs upwards and spins them twice to look like kicking (8%, small knockback)

Air+A: Same as his Forward Tilt (6%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Crash slightly hops forward and kicks with his left foot (5%, small knockback). This is based on his animation for when he jumps after a slide.
Air Back + A: Crash kicks behind himself with both legs (8%, small knockback)
Air Up+A: Crash does a quick spin with both arms in the air (9%, OK knockback). This is based on his spin from Crash of the Titans.
Air Down+A: Crash does a weak Belly Flop that bounces him back up when the hit connects, possibly meteor smashing the opponent (11%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Crash attacks using his famous slide move (9%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: A tiny TNT crate explodes under Crash and he flops up above the edge and back onto the stage (12%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Crash spins horizontally in his direction, moving forward a little (15%, OK knockback). This is based on when he spins underwater in Crash 3 and Wrath of Cortex.
Up+A: Crash attempts to put on his jetpack on (which is upside down), only for it to malfunction and shoots its flames upwards (17%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Crash jumps up and performs a Super Belly Flop (23%, medium knockback; has a 1.1x multiplier on metal opponents)

Grab: Crash spins quickly and attacks with a Crystal, only for the opponent to grab it.
Pummel: Crash punches the opponent in the face (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Crash lifts the opponent from the ground and tosses them back down (12%, OK knockback). This is based on a move in Crash Twinsanity where you use the Crystal Cortex steals to use him like a hammer.
Down+Throw: Crash swings the Crystal in a downward arc, shaking the opponent off of it (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Crash lifts the opponent behind himself, and the two land flat on the ground (14%, OK knockback; 1.3%)
Up+Throw: Crash successfully lifts up the Crystal, and its shine pushes the opponent back (10%, OK knockback). This is based on an animation in Crash 3 where Crash is shown holding the Crystal up in victory whenever he wins a race in the motorcycle levels.

Special Moves

B : Death Tornado Spin; Crash's most iconic move. Pressing B once performs a short, quick spin that reflects projectiles (11%, OK knockback). Holding B turns into a much faster spin that lasts for a few seconds (26%, medium knockback); not only is it faster, it can help Crash glide a good distance.
B + Forwards : Fruit Bazooka; Crash takes out a bazooka that he can aim by tilting up or down (10%, OK knockback). The Wumpa Fruit juice that sticks on opponents is a weaker variation of the Inklings' Ink that adds a 1.3x multiplier to all other attacks, including another Wumpa Fruit.
B + Up : Crate Bounce; Crash will spin a crate under his feet, and he can use the one seen under his feet by pressing the jump button.
B + Down : Dig; Crash digs for four seconds to dodge attacks, but he can spin out of it by either letting it time out and spinning once (14%, OK knockback) or pressing B once to spin rapidly and get out (19%, medium knockback)

Final Smash: Invincible Aku Aku; Crash dons a golden Aku Aku mask that makes him invulnerable to all attacks and greatly boosts his speed with a 1.1x attack multiplier. The Final Smash lasts for 20 seconds before Crash turns back to normal.

Gimmicks:

Aku Aku: If Crash takes too many hits simultaneously, Aku Aku appears and reduces the damage taken to .7x, appearing for a while before going away.

Crate Bounce: One of these crates will appear during the selection;

>Arrow Crate (which is purely metal), a Crate that takes Crash a fair distance up despite briefly preventing horizontal movement.
>Bounce Crate, which has five uses before it breaks and gradually increases height with each use (you can press the jump button to jump higher, but it uses up two uses).
>TNT Crate, which explodes 3 seconds after being summoned. Crash can either use it as a platform before it explodes-whether he jumps away from it time or takes the hit to get a tremendous boost in height (20%, medium knockback)-or let it drop by pressing a dodge button. It can be picked by other fighters before it explodes.

Sometimes a Nitro Crate appears and explodes the second it makes contact with something (35%, far knockback), namely if Crash presses most buttons. However, he can still air dodge to use it as a trap for unwary opponents.

In addition, Crash also has his famous death animations:

-Whenever he falls down offscreen, his shoes fly up and fall back down.
-Whenever Crash loses a Stamina Battle for good, he appears as an angel (he also plays a didgeridoo when he dies from a Nitro Crate).
-Whenever Crash dies from a TNT Crate in a Stamina Battle, his shoes, eyes and teeth appear and fall down.

Taunts:

1: "Yeee-HAW!" Crash squats for a second, and then performs his victory animation against bosses in the very first game.
2: Crash performs the pose he does in the first game right before he properly begins the first stage.
1+2: Crash performs the pose he does after defeating a boss in the N. Sane Trilogy.

Winposes:

1: Crash does the first part of his victory dance before pointing finger guns to his left.
2: Crash does the second part of his victory dance before doing his victory pose from the first game for whenever he gets a gem.
3: Crash performs the final part of his victory dance.

Icon: A Wumpa Fruit

Boxing Ring Title: Wonder from Down Under

Victory Music: A shortened version of the Warp Room theme for Crash 3 (https://youtu.be/NaDrcT3UxZw)

Kirby Hat: A Crash Bandicoot replica hat.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
What do you guys think of this trailer idea of mine fore Crash?
Diddy Kong is jumping from vine to vine looking for bananas when something hits his head. After landing onto the ground, he looks from the ground and sees what looks like a mango. Suddenly, more of them start falling from the sky and Diddy frantically dodges them. After running for a bit, Diddy then hears a faint "ooga booga" in the distance. A familiar orange tornado starts whirling around furiously in the jungle; when it starts to cease...

Crash Goes for a Spin!

(Cue Crash's gameplay montage, ending with Crash doing his signature dance on the victory screen)

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE X CRASH BANDICOOT

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION / ACTIVISION.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
What do you guys think of this trailer idea of mine fore Crash?
Diddy Kong is jumping from vine to vine looking for bananas when something hits his head. After landing onto the ground, he looks from the ground and sees what looks like a mango. Suddenly, more of them start falling from the sky and Diddy frantically dodges them. After running for a bit, Diddy then hears a faint "ooga booga" in the distance. A familiar orange tornado starts whirling around furiously in the jungle; when it starts to cease...

Crash Goes for a Spin!

(Cue Crash's gameplay montage, ending with Crash doing his signature dance on the victory screen)

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE X CRASH BANDICOOT

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION / ACTIVISION.
not bad

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I feel like if Crash Bandicoot is gonna have a debut trailer for Super Smash Bros it's gotta be headlined by Mario to highlight how big of a deal and addition he is to gaming's biggest crossover's roster. Not to mention his rivalry to Mario is only 2nd to Sonic the Hedgehog.

While Sonic will always be considered Mario's "Main Rival", Crash Bandicoot was Sony's attempt (Even if they can't mention Sony/Playstation) to rival the iconic Italian plumber and I hope they show that in the trailer, Somewhat similar style to Sonic joining Brawl, But with a more comical, wacky and friendlier vibe seeing how Crash is more on the "Wacky/Comical" side, While Sonic is more "Cool/Edgy" and in the trailer I can see Mario offering a somewhat friendly welcome seeing as this will be the 1st time ever that both of these star characters/franchises will finally crossover, But also shifting to a more competitive and rivalry-like take in the trailer to not forget that this is "Smash" after all.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I feel like if Crash Bandicoot is gonna have a debut trailer for Super Smash Bros it's gotta be headlined by Mario to highlight how big of a deal and addition he is to gaming's biggest crossover's roster. Not to mention his rivalry to Mario is only 2nd to Sonic the Hedgehog.

While Sonic will always be considered Mario's "Main Rival", Crash Bandicoot was Sony's attempt (Even if they can't mention Sony/Playstation) to rival the iconic Italian plumber and I hope they show that in the trailer, Somewhat similar style to Sonic joining Brawl, But with a more comical, wacky and friendlier vibe seeing how Crash is more on the "Wacky/Comical" side, While Sonic is more "Cool/Edgy" and in the trailer I can see Mario offering a somewhat friendly welcome seeing as this will be the 1st time ever that both of these star characters/franchises will finally crossover, But also shifting to a more competitive and rivalry-like take in the trailer to not forget that this is "Smash" after all.
I always imagined that Crash’s trailer would begin with Mario and Sonic fighting when they are suddenly interrupted by the Bandicoot. They then proceed to have a three way clash at the end, something similar to K Rool’s trailer.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Here's hoping that the Direct at the end of march happens and that Crash is in there

Top Bottom