• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I mean you're right, but I also may wanna remind you that PAC-MAN was also revealed at the same E3 as Palutena and Miis. I understand your point, just wanted to throw that out there.
Wasn't Pac-Man exclusively revealed at a roundtable & most of the public found out by people texting & posting in social media about it? Very underwhelming way of announcing a character imo.

Also, if we're getting 2 reveals at e3, would Crash be revealed first or last?

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Wasn't Pac-Man exclusively revealed at a roundtable & most of the public found out by people texting & posting in social media about it? Very underwhelming way of announcing a character imo.

Also, if we're getting 2 reveals at e3, would Crash be revealed first or last?
Crash seems like a 'closer' for a double reveal

Not that I'm expecting one that is...

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Those who are under the belief that a first party cant carry an E3 reveal

Palutena and Mii fighters were revealed on E3.

Im not saying they were hype, just that E3 2019 was the only time Third parties were revealed. (Unless you count E3 2013 which had Megaman)
Yea let's not forget about Pac-man. Ever since Snake was shown off for Brawl, we've always had a 3rd party reveal at E3 when Smash was present. The only exception to this was E3 2018 with Ridley, and he's probably one of the most highly requested Smash characters of all time. You could even argue that E3 2018 wasn't an exception due to Snake being brought back and the "Everyone is here" reveal.

If we do JUST get a first party reveal at E3 (and I do believe that is unlikely), they would probably be another character with massive requests. Again, the only one I could see is Waluigi, and he really doesn't seem too likely to me.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Yea let's not forget about Pac-man. Ever since Snake was shown off for Brawl, we've always had a 3rd party reveal at E3 when Smash was present. The only exception to this was E3 2018 with Ridley, and he's probably one of the most highly requested Smash characters of all time. You could even argue that E3 2018 wasn't an exception due to Snake being brought back and the "Everyone is here" reveal.

If we do JUST get a first party reveal at E3 (and I do believe that is unlikely), they would probably be another character with massive requests. Again, the only one I could see is Waluigi, and he really doesn't seem too likely to me.
I was thinking someone from one of nintendo's big upcoming games, like from BotW.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I was thinking someone from one of nintendo's big upcoming games, like from BotW.
I just don't think it matters much to Nintendo who they reveal at E3. They've done plenty of both 1st party and 3rd party reveals there in the past, so I just think they'll show whoever's next regardless of what people on the internet think of them, probably on the merits of "It's a new fighter coming to Smash, so it should be a big deal no matter what". At least that's what I think.

Again, I think it's just the people on the internet who over-measure what could be considered a "Hype reveal".

Last edited:

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
The only way the champions from BotW makes sense is if it's some sort of combo of all of them. They're in the same situation as the house leaders from Fire Emblem Three Houses, adding just one would be weird and anger fans of the others.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Im not saying they were hype, just that E3 2019 was the only time Third parties were revealed. (Unless you count E3 2013 which had Megaman)
Don’t forget Ridley, who had the fans HYPED THE **** OUT

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Eh...They still "Mostly" pale in comparison to 3rd parties only because all major 1st party characters are already represented in Smash with only some B/C-listers left and are "Somewhat" more easier to predict while 3rd Party characters can "Almost" literally be anyone.

Though I will say Ridley was cool to see and though not E3 related, I was really hyped for King K.Rool.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Last night I dreamt that Crash was the next DLC character. Needless to say that it kinda sucked when I woke up. Can E3 just arrive already so I can put all these doubts and fears to rest, please?
Seems like a lot of people are having dreams about characters getting revealed for Smash lately. I've even had a few over the last couple of months.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay so let's talk about Crash's Classic mode. How ya think his classic mode will end up looking like? Here's an idea from me

Stage 1 vs :ultbowser: (Dingodile)
Stage 2 vs :ultmegaman: (N. Gin)
Stage 3 vs :ultjoker: (Pinstripe)
Stage 4 w/:ultgreninja: (Coco) vs:ultincineroar: (Tiny the Tiger) and:ultkrool: (Papu Papu)
Stage 5 vs :ultwolf: (Cortex)
Stage 6 vs :ultmario::ultsonic:
Stage 7 - Master Hand/Crazy Hand

Just thrown off the top of my head here

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Okay so let's talk about Crash's Classic mode. How ya think his classic mode will end up looking like? Here's an idea from me

Stage 4 w/:ultgreninja: (Coco) vs:ultincineroar: (Tiny the Tiger) and:ultkrool: (Papu Papu)

Hey, Plumber Boy! (Fights characters from the console wars of the late 90's)
Round 1: :ultsonic: on :greenhill:
Round 2: :ultcloud: on Midgar
Round 3: :ultsnake: on :shadowmoses:
Bonus Game
Round 4:
:ultyounglink: on Gerudo Valley
Round 5: :ultpikachu: on Saffron City
Round 6: :ultmario: on Mushroom Kingdom
Final Round: Master Hand and Crazy Hand (team battle w/:ultmario::ultsonic:)

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I pray that there's no actual leaks for the next character (though it's very likely the next character might become more and more obvious like with all the Banjo stuff going on prior to e3 2019). I at least hope it's not blatantly obvious.
Personally I don't mind leaks or signs that say a character is coming. I won't really believe it until I see it just like with :ultbanjokazooie:.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
I pray that there's no actual leaks for the next character (though it's very likely the next character might become more and more obvious like with all the Banjo stuff going on prior to e3 2019). I at least hope it's not blatantly obvious.
Eeh, with how well kept under wraps have been the previous characters this pass, I don't really see the next character being somewhat leaked.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice

It's About Time

(characters that have traveled through or can manipulate time)

Round 1: :ultyounglink::ultlucina: on Arena Ferox
Round 2: :ultbayonetta::ultshulk: on Umbra Clock Tower
Round 3: :ultness: on Magicant
Round 4: :ultpikachu::ultsquirtle: on Spear Pillar
Round 5: :ultsonic: on Green Hill Zone
Round 6: :ultmario::ultluigi:on Mushroomy Kingdom
Boss: Master/Crazy Hand

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's just as we saw with Imran. The Voice Acting Thing wasn't for Smash. Hence why he said the next fighter wasn't leaked.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Last i checked, Lex doesn't voice crash bandicoot.

If Cortex is featured in a stage, they probably will reuse clips from other games. Half of the Assist Trophies are reused voicelines anyway.
Except he would know what the project is since he and Scott Whyte are working together.

It's not for Smash.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Couple of things:

#1: The VA stuff lately from Scott and Lex does NOT deconfirm Crash from joining Smash. Not sure why that's the idea here for a few of you, but this in no way deconfirms him. It just means that whatever those two are working on is more then likely not Smash, but it does NOT deconfirm his chances at all.

#2: There's still a tiny bit of hope for those that still think it could be Smash, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I tried making a challenger pack for Crash, but one area that I was unsure about was the music. I've beaten Crash 3, 4, and Wrath of Cortex, but I couldn't recall any of the songs, so I went with songs from the levels that would be referenced on the stage that I picked, along with what I could find on TV Tropes' awesome music page for the Crash series. (though as a result, most of it was from Crash 1-4 with one song from Wrath of Cortex)

If Crash gets into Smash, what are some songs that should be included?

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I tried making a challenger pack for Crash, but one area that I was unsure about was the music. I've beaten Crash 3, 4, and Wrath of Cortex, but I couldn't recall any of the songs, so I went with songs from the levels that would be referenced on the stage that I picked, along with what I could find on TV Tropes' awesome music page for the Crash series. (though as a result, most of it was from Crash 1-4 with one song from Wrath of Cortex)

I know this is gonna sound...well, unlikely, but the first thing to come up is Crash Banji-kyuusu, which was made as part of the Japanese marketing campaign back in the day and is just so damn catchy. Granted, it's near impossible since Sakurai would have to negotiate with Banana Ice for the rights to use it in Smash, but considering it's Smash we're talking about, I'm sure they could make an exception.

But as far as game-exclusive tracks go, I could see the theme that plays when riding Polar in Crash 2, as well as the theme of the riding levels in Crash 1. Another I think should be in is a Crash Medley that uses the combined themes of Crash 1, 2, 3 and 4. Neo Cortex's boss theme should also be a given.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

I gotchu fam

N. Sanity Beach

Warp Room

Dingodile Theme

Bear It

It's About Time

Hit The Road

Cortex Theme (Crash 1)

Hog Wild, Wild Hog

Road Crash

Vs Papu Papu

That should be a decent list somewhat