• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
They already basically confirmed to Canadian Guy Eh that Spyro would show up: https://twitter.com/jumpbuttoncb/status/1275175215820156930

As for Gingerbread Joyride, I've always wondered about that track, since it has no basis on anything in the Crash universe. It felt like something you'd see in Zool, Ninja of the Nth Dimension rather than Crash.
Yea I know in regards to Spyro; the interview basically said "Hey, who knows what the future may hold *wink*"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, like, I know they travel through dimensions and all, and could even do a Psychetron kind of thing, but I don't remember ever having seen a dimension made out of food, not even in Twinsanity concept art.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I forget where I saw this, but I think Crash 4 will have a counter for the deaths for each level. Hoping this helps make the game have an easy mode for bad players while still having a ton of challenge.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Right here, in this tweet with some screenshots:

That first pic is some meme material.
And there's people who still don't like the Crash 4 designs in the replies to that tweet. It's okay not to like the designs or artstyle but literally making an entire petition to have it changed or to say it's "not your Crash" is basically the purist mindset. I don't see the issue at all. At least it isn't Mind Over Mutant in terms of design.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Okay but like the Redesigns are good, were they necessary? No.
But are they great? Totally.

At least this redesign is better than the monstrosity that is the Mind over mutant designs.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
At least Crash looks like... Crash.

I do prefer the NST design but c'mon, this new design is pretty decent. The gameplay still looks really promising and that's all that matters in the end.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The redesigns for the most part at least resemble the characters they're supposed to be. The Tawna redesign though makes me raise my eyebrows, but it can only be justified if it were an alternate timeline/dimension Tawna and not trying to say this is the main Tawna going forward

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The one thing I am really nervous about if Crash gets included is Activision's stinginess. Activision is one of the most greediest companies in the gaming industry, and I'm worried if Crash does get included, he will lack tons of content like Final Fantasy.

I'm hoping that isn't the case, but I honestly wouldn't put it past Activision.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The one thing I am really nervous about if Crash gets included is Activision's stinginess. Activision is one of the most greediest companies in the gaming industry, and I'm worried if Crash does get included, he will lack tons of content like Final Fantasy.

But look on the bright side, if that DOES happen, Activision will get exposed for it. Then Smash fans will get angry.

Don't make Smash fans angry...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

They know damn well how much of a killing Crash does in Japan, so if anything they'd practically lend their stuff out for a song when it comes to that audience. I'd say you're worrying for nothing.

Besides, their own devs have been allowed to mine THE ENTIRE LIBRARY OF PAST CRASH GAMES for content said devs might think deserve a second chance. So it's hardly a case of content being trapped in 10 layers of red tape just from that.

For comparison's sake, Konami, who treats their fans much worse, still allowed a lot of Castlevania content with Simon and Richter's inclusion. Sakurai just commands that much amount of cooperation simply from how much he's respected. So far, only Square-Enix has been especially difficult to work with in regards to their biggest series.

Oh, and incidentally:

https://twitter.com/KBABZonTV/status/1286697819173085184

Like, I understand that you folks think they're trying to make Skylanders amounts of money or whatever, but I still think the Wumpa Fruits this time are possibly simply being used to obtain items within the game itself.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Some new gameplay footage released.
I like how the time-stopping mask allows you to walk on Nitro Crates before they explode.
I seriously cannot wait for this game! I hope it comes to Switch because I unfortunately don't have a PS4 or Xbox One to play this game on. Also, I doubt it won't come to Switch because N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro-Fueled are on their, but game companies can be strange like that sometimes.

zferolie

Smash Hero
They know damn well how much of a killing Crash does in Japan, so if anything they'd practically lend their stuff out for a song when it comes to that audience. I'd say you're worrying for nothing.

Besides, their own devs have been allowed to mine THE ENTIRE LIBRARY OF PAST CRASH GAMES for content said devs might think deserve a second chance. So it's hardly a case of content being trapped in 10 layers of red tape just from that.

For comparison's sake, Konami, who treats their fans much worse, still allowed a lot of Castlevania content with Simon and Richter's inclusion. Sakurai just commands that much amount of cooperation simply from how much he's respected. So far, only Square-Enix has been especially difficult to work with in regards to their biggest series.

Oh, and incidentally:

https://twitter.com/KBABZonTV/status/1286697819173085184

Like, I understand that you folks think they're trying to make Skylanders amounts of money or whatever, but I still think the Wumpa Fruits this time are possibly simply being used to obtain items within the game itself.
I am really happy they are doubling and trippling down on stating there will never be microtransactions, even after launch. Myself and many others were pissed they did that **** on CTR, so glad games for bob is being a stand up company saying no for that.

Ita sad that this is the exception now adays...

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Am I the only one bothered about the fact that we have not seen Uka Uka yet in Crash 4? I am kinda wondering where the evil mask is.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Am I the only one bothered about the fact that we have not seen Uka Uka yet in Crash 4? I am kinda wondering where the evil mask is.
Wait a minute. I know this probably wouldn't work given the timeline placement, but remember how at the end of N. Tranced, Uka Uka basically said he wouldn't rely on Cortex/Tropy anymore, and that he would do things himself from now on? Granted, every subsequant game ignored this, but what if he finally made good on that claim? As in, we haven't seen him because he's the TRUE villain, pulling everyone's strings behind the scenes?

Though like I said, a twist like that probably wouldn't work, at least not in this game.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Crash nitro fueled racing is one of the best way to revive Crash franchise as a whole i wish Mario kart games takes notes they ran out of ideas
Personally, I think Mario Kart is fine for what it is, but in terms of characters, yeah, they’re not using the Mario cast to its fullest potential.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Personally, I think Mario Kart is fine for what it is, but in terms of characters, yeah, they’re not using the Mario cast to its fullest potential.
To be fair, there is that rumor about the "Mario Quality Assurance Team" that might be getting in the way assuming it's real.

QQS

Smash Lord
I hope to get a double reveal with #77 Geno and #78 Crash. That would be probably the best reveal up to date in Smash History. Also IMO, the last biggest character in terms of insane Fan Demand (Geno) & the last biggest character in terms of World Mascots Icons (Crash).

I know there ir Sora, Isaac, Krystal, Bandana, Dixie, Bomberman, Lloyd, Rayman, Waluigi and maybe more also. But because of that I said “IMO” cause Geno and Crash would be the epic of the epicness to fulfill dreams. Hope to see some of the rest in the list also! Lloyd and Waluigi have so many chances also!

Both of them are happening, I’m 100% sure! Geno and Crash chances are brighter than ever!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I don’t mean only characters but rather there are a lot of courses and cars ideas that can be used from Mario games which hasn’t been used yet
But you see now they went for :ultinkling::ultlink::ultisabelle: instead of expanding the use of Mario franchise which so much is still missing

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can someone please tag me when Crash is confirmed for the Switch? I am a bit heartbroken it has not been.

I think everyone forgets that Coco, while playing Identical to Crash in N.Sane and IAT, uses different moves. It would look kind of strange for Coco to do a belly flop or spin because she does a ground pound and a pirouette. Obviously, there's nothing saying she can't do the flop or spin, but I guess the best explanation would be if Luigi was a skin for Mario. It wouldn't look too weird, but it'd be really strange to see him use F.L.U.D.D. or Cappy in a taunt.

Edit: Honestly, that's why I believe Fake Crash would fit more as a skin for Crash and Coco as an echo. Fake has identical proportions to Crash. While we haven't seen his abilities outside of the Mirror boss fight in N-Tranced, I think he can do things like the spin. It's also more fitting because the Crash franchise already treats him as a bonus/mysterious character. Plus, if Crash uses Aku Aku somehow, it'd be very easy to give Fake Crash Uka Uka, akin to CTR or Crash Bash.
I stand by that we should not get an echo of a clear secondary character. We have so few echoes- if we get more third party characters, I would prefer they be for characters as recognizable as the main characters (like Sub Zero to Scorpion). I truly feel Coco, while a fun character, would be a waste.

D

Deleted member

Can someone please tag me when Crash is confirmed for the Switch? I am a bit heartbroken it has not been.
The N Sane Trilogy didn't come to the Switch until a year after the PS4 release, so it's bound to happen with Crash 4.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The N Sane Trilogy didn't come to the Switch until a year after the PS4 release, so it's bound to happen with Crash 4.
I agree that it will happen... perhaps Im just impatient. I will likely get this on one of the next gen systems if it takes a year. Theres a difference when we are talking new system jumps.
Not to mention, its a new game--- for the previous I even waited til sales (which were nearly immediate).

D

Deleted member

I agree that it will happen... perhaps Im just impatient. I will likely get this on one of the next gen systems if it takes a year. Theres a difference when we are talking new system jumps.
Not to mention, its a new game--- for the previous I even waited til sales (which were nearly immediate).
There's no word on it being on the next gen consoles either.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424

I stand by that we should not get an echo of a clear secondary character. We have so few echoes- if we get more third party characters, I would prefer they be for characters as recognizable as the main characters (like Sub Zero to Scorpion). I truly feel Coco, while a fun character, would be a waste.
Oh, I don't really want her as an echo. I was just contributing my thoughts on the whole Coco as something idea as a whole.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here's my concept for an N. Sanity Beach stage:
Layout: The middle on the ground has a somewhat wide hole. There are 8 crates along the top of the hole, each a different one. There are also four crates each on the top left and right.

Gimmicks and Hazards: The different types of crates in each spot:

-Crate: Just a simple crate, which can be broken by any attack.
-Arrow Crate: An indestructible steel crate that bounces fighters back onto the stage.
-Bounce Crate: A crate that can not only bounce fighters up, but take five hits before breaking.
-TNT Crate: A crate that explodes 3 seconds after any contact (15%, OK knockback)
-Nitro Crate: A deadly crate that explodes IMMEDIATELY upon contact (27%, medium knockback), destroying any two crates on both sides of it.

Music:
  1. N. Sanity Beach - Crash Bandicoot (New Remix)
  2. Bonus Round Medley - Crash Bandicoot (New Remix)
  3. Hog Wild / Whole Hog - Crash Bandicoot (New Remix)
  4. Papu Papu - Crash Bandicoot (Original)
  5. Ripper Roo Medley (New Remix)
  6. Koala Kong - Crash Bandicoot (Original)
  7. Pinstripe Potoroo (Original)
  8. Dr. Nitrus Brio - Crash Bandicoot (Original)
  9. Dr. Neo Cortex - Crash Bandicooot (Original)
  10. Tiny Tiger - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (New Remix)
  11. Dr. N. Gin Medley (New Remix)
  12. Time Twister - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  13. Medieval Stages - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (Original)
  14. Great Wall Stages - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  15. Tiny Tiger - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (Original)
  16. Dingodile - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  17. Dr. Nefarious Tropy - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  18. Dr. Neo Cortex - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  19. Boss Race - Crash Team Racing (New Remix)
  20. Papu Pummel - Crash Bash (Original)
  21. Dot Dash - Crash Bash (New Remix)
  22. Wizards and Lizards - Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (Original)
  23. Atmospheric Pressure - Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (New Remix)
  24. Crunch Time - Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (Original)
  25. N. Sanity Island - Crash Twinsanity (Original)
  26. The Evil Twins - Crash Twinsanity (Original)
  27. Opening - Spyro the Dragon (New Remix)
Main: N. Sanity Beach
Alt.: Time Twister

Battlefield/Ω Form: The stone pillars found in the jungle.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here's my concept for an N. Sanity Beach stage:
Layout: The middle on the ground has a somewhat wide hole. There are 8 crates along the top of the hole, each a different one. There are also four crates each on the top left and right.

Gimmicks and Hazards: The different types of crates in each spot:

-Crate: Just a simple crate, which can be broken by any attack.
-Arrow Crate: An indestructible steel crate that bounces fighters back onto the stage.
-Bounce Crate: A crate that can not only bounce fighters up, but take five hits before breaking.
-TNT Crate: A crate that explodes 3 seconds after any contact (15%, OK knockback)
-Nitro Crate: A deadly crate that explodes IMMEDIATELY upon contact (27%, medium knockback), destroying any two crates on both sides of it.

Music:

1. N. Sanity Beach - Crash Bandicoot (New Remix)
  2. Bonus Round Medley - Crash Bandicoot (New Remix)
  3. Hog Wild / Whole Hog - Crash Bandicoot (New Remix)
  4. Papu Papu - Crash Bandicoot (Original)
  5. Ripper Roo Medley (New Remix)
  6. Koala Kong - Crash Bandicoot (Original)
  7. Pinstripe Potoroo (Original)
  8. Dr. Nitrus Brio - Crash Bandicoot (Original)
  9. Dr. Neo Cortex - Crash Bandicooot (Original)
  10. Tiny Tiger - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (New Remix)
  11. Dr. N. Gin Medley (New Remix)
  12. Time Twister - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  13. Medieval Stages - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (Original)
  14. Great Wall Stages - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  15. Tiny Tiger - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (Original)
  16. Dingodile - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  17. Dr. Nefarious Tropy - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  18. Dr. Neo Cortex - Crash Bandicoot WARPED (New Remix)
  19. Boss Race - Crash Team Racing (New Remix)
  20. Papu Pummel - Crash Bash (Original)
  21. Dot Dash - Crash Bash (New Remix)
  22. Wizards and Lizards - Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (Original)
  23. Atmospheric Pressure - Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (New Remix)
  24. Crunch Time - Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (Original)
  25. N. Sanity Island - Crash Twinsanity (Original)
  26. The Evil Twins - Crash Twinsanity (Original)
  27. Opening - Spyro the Dragon (New Remix)
Main: N. Sanity Beach
Alt.: Time Twister

Battlefield/Ω Form: The stone pillars found in the jungle.
I'd like to throw in some of the metal crates too. However they respawn, it would be fun to add the metal ones that end up bouncing.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I know this is pretty unlikely, but I'd seriously be elated to see Crash 4 at least acknowledge the Titans in some way, shape, or form. At the very least, as cameos. The various new mutants that acted as a central part of Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant are some of my favorite additions to the franchise after the original trilogy, and it would be really neat to see something like a Ratcicle frozen in a block of ice within the background of an arctic-themed level at some point in the game.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The gameplay looks really good. It looks like a natural evolution of the classic Crash formula. Imagine if they made this game instead of Wrath of Cortex back in the day. Also, I do believe it will come to Switch eventually. There is no good reason why it wouldn't.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
The gameplay looks really good. It looks like a natural evolution of the classic Crash formula. Imagine if they made this game instead of Wrath of Cortex back in the day. Also, I do believe it will come to Switch eventually. There is no good reason why it wouldn't.
Not saying you've done this, but Wrath of Cortex gets a lot of flack for pretty much no reason. Sure, it was a very "safe" sequel in terms of gameplay, with very few of the new mechanics becoming game changers, but it's far from a step down from the original trilogy. Heck, Wrath of Cortex, along with the The Big Adventure / XS and N-Tranced are seriously overlooked even though they work as Crash games.

Maybe I'm being a little grumpy, but it's very rare to see anyone talk about those 3 games with any form of praise for maintaining the already good formula, sans Caddicarus.

In relation to Crash 4, what are the chances the Elementals finally return in a Crash game? It always feels weird that they were one-offs when their existence is the reason for natural disasters.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Not saying you've done this, but Wrath of Cortex gets a lot of flack for pretty much no reason. Sure, it was a very "safe" sequel in terms of gameplay, with very few of the new mechanics becoming game changers, but it's far from a step down from the original trilogy. Heck, Wrath of Cortex, along with the The Big Adventure / XS and N-Tranced are seriously overlooked even though they work as Crash games.

Maybe I'm being a little grumpy, but it's very rare to see anyone talk about those 3 games with any form of praise for maintaining the already good formula, sans Caddicarus.

In relation to Crash 4, what are the chances the Elementals finally return in a Crash game? It always feels weird that they were one-offs when their existence is the reason for natural disasters.
WoC mainly gets hate for having some really poorly designed levels with a lot of gimmicks. To me, it feels like warped but not good. Combine that with awful load times and ya got a recipe for something that is at best a 7 out of ten and helped cement crash’s decline of sorts from relevancy. Better than Enter the Dragonfly tho!

Crash in the GBA is solid tho, HA and NTranced are solid games that should get more love. Probs in my top ten gba games tbh.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
WoC mainly gets hate for having some really poorly designed levels with a lot of gimmicks. To me, it feels like warped but not good. Combine that with awful load times and ya got a recipe for something that is at best a 7 out of ten and helped cement crash’s decline of sorts from relevancy. Better than Enter the Dragonfly tho!

Crash in the GBA is solid tho, HA and NTranced are solid games that should get more love. Probs in my top ten gba games tbh.
Honestly, if they decide to continue making Crash remakes (even though they've pretty much covered their bases), I wouldn't mind seeing them try to remake the GBA games. Mostly out of curiousity for how they would translate. Would they stay purely 2D, or would they add 3D elements?

Top Bottom