• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
That last point sticks out to me as someone who was knee-deep in Banjo speculation.
Compare this to characters like Master Chief or Doomslayer, who both have had official people come out and say "It's great you all want them in Smash, but it's unfortunately not happening"
Objection. That tweet about Master Chief was made long before Fighter Pass 2 was even planned. There is no way Frank O'Conor knew about Fighter Pass 2. If he meant that beyond Fighter Pass 1, he would've said something like "there is no plan to add Chief to Smash." Even that gives enough loophole to interpret different way.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Let me ask, has Activision/Toys for Bob mentioned absolutely anything at all about a Switch port? Or have they been radio silent about it?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Let me ask, has Activision/Toys for Bob mentioned absolutely anything at all about a Switch port? Or have they been radio silent about it?
Activision said that they'd "explore other platforms" for its release

Which is code for: "We realized that holding back a PC/Switch port works fantastically for a revenue boost later down the line, and it worked for N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro"

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Activision said that they'd "explore other platforms" for its release

Which is code for: "We realized that holding back a PC/Switch port works fantastically for a revenue boost later down the line, and it worked for N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro"
I thought the same thing whenever I seen the trailer. And just like the Crash & Spyro trilogies, I'd guess I'll have to wait like a year to play it since I don't own an Xbox or a PS4 anymore.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think Activision/Toys for Bob probably also wanted to get Crash out on PS4/XBox One before their successors came out, with the idea that Switch and PC will still be active in 2021 and thus can release them then.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
If the game somehow has problems running on Switch, they should do with CTR did: reduce some of the background elements. One of the strongest examples of this is the Clockwork Wumpa race track. PS and Xbox have loads of crates full of wumpa strewn across the track, indicating what the theme of the track is. On the switch version, there are very few wumpa crates, to the point where I legitimately thought they messed up the graphics or something.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hi everyone, I'm looking forward to Crash 4 but I'm gonna avoid speculating about it after this week. In the meantime, here's another moveset idea:

Up Air: Upperkick

Crash perfoms his flip kick from Skylanders and delivers a fast but powerful attack. It has great range, little lag and as such is good for KOs. As Crash is rotating to pull the attack off, the move is startlingly fast. Any move of Crash's that involves spinning, rotating or turning tends to be deadlier than what other fighters can do, so opponents should always be wary. A simple and highly effective move.

I know that Wrath of Cortex is being de-canonized, but I actually like Crunch, and I hope he comes back in some way.
Crash / Coco / Crunch is like the Team Sonic (Sonic / Tails / Knuckles) of the Crash Bandicoot series.

Crash Bandicoot 4 gives me vibes of Super Mario Galaxy, which is a good thing, as Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite game of all time.
Linear levels, but focused with excellent presentation. Sometimes less is more.
With supposedly over 100 levels and a full $60 price tag, I'm confident that Activision and Toys for Bob are treating this as their magnum opus, rather than just copy pasting to cash in on nostalgia *cough*Sonic*cough*.
OMG...you and I could nerd out for hours cuz of this post alone! HIGHLY agreed with everything here; I have hope that Crunch will just get re-introduced instead of wiped from existence, and honestly I hope Crunch and Nina show up in Crash 4. They both had a lot of charm, and Galaxy...that game was pure magic. Galaxy 2 is "better" but it's not as special.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Hi everyone, I'm looking forward to Crash 4 but I'm gonna avoid speculating about it after this week. In the meantime, here's another moveset idea:

Up Air: Upperkick

Crash perfoms his flip kick from Skylanders and delivers a fast but powerful attack. It has great range, little lag and as such is good for KOs. As Crash is rotating to pull the attack off, the move is startlingly fast. Any move of Crash's that involves spinning, rotating or turning tends to be deadlier than what other fighters can do, so opponents should always be wary. A simple and highly effective move.

OMG...you and I could nerd out for hours cuz of this post alone! HIGHLY agreed with everything here; I have hope that Crunch will just get re-introduced instead of wiped from existence, and honestly I hope Crunch and Nina show up in Crash 4. They both had a lot of charm, and Galaxy...that game was pure magic. Galaxy 2 is "better" but it's not as special.
I prefer to think of Galaxy and Galaxy 2 as two parts to one game.
Objectively, Galaxy 2 is the slightly better game, but if you played them chronologically, Galaxy 1 made video games magic again, and Galaxy 2 expanded the concept.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think Galaxy 1 is the better experience, while Galaxy 2 is the better game, if you catch my meaning.

As far as Crash, if there was a third party character to be announced and really get the hype cycle with Smash going again (after the admittedly fine, but standard choices in Byleth and Min Min), its him.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Galaxy 2 is superior gameplay wise, but it toned down the charm Galaxy 1 established. It's similar to Crash 2 and 3 in that CSB has more of an identity while Warped has better gameplay tools. The difference in Crash's case is that Warped chose less platforming despite better platforming options (gimmick levels) while CSB has less to work with but more dedication. It's apples to oranges otherwise.

Hopefully Crash 4 maximizes its platforming options better than Crash 2 did and 3 especially. Based on the trailers it seems like they will.

redrain

Smash Rookie
Crash should be in either any other character besides probably Geno. Based on the sales of CTR, the NSane Trilogy, and the awakened hype for Crash 4 hopefully they will have the interest data to get him in. I hope Sakurai doesn't forget us Crash fans...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Crash should be in either any other character besides probably Geno. Based on the sales of CTR, the NSane Trilogy, and the awakened hype for Crash 4 hopefully they will have the interest data to get him in. I hope Sakurai doesn't forget us Crash fans...
As a 90s kid, Crash was my most wanted character during Smash 4. Now that Crash has been revived, Nintendo would be nuts not to pursue him.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I've wanted Crash before he became a popular request within the Smash community. Now that he is a much more popular request, it gives me so much more hope that maybe now is his time!

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Crash is probably the most requested third party character at this point (or possibly second, behind Geno) and even then, I would say Crash was one of the most requested third party characters even before the likes of Banjo got in.

The renewed hype with the N Sane Trilogy, Crash Racing and now Crash 4 should hopefully give Crash a chance! I would love to see him included in Foghters Pass 2, possibly as the final character. Would be a great send off for Ultimate, although usually Smash announcements don't end with a bang. I mean we got Bayonetta as the last character for 3DS/Wii U DLC, Ken/Incineroar as the last characters for Ultimate's base game and Byleth as the last character for the first Fighters Pass.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly as of recent, I'm starting to find Crash way more likely then I once thought he was. Crash 4 is on the horizon and while I know game announcements don't always relate to Smash, just the fact that Crash has returned to the limelight again while regaining his status as a gaming icon is a pretty huge deal and a great way to celebrate his return would be to include him in Smash, aka gaming's hall of fame.

Also, Activision is really the only major Western company to have 0 representation in Smash. Microsoft already has their rep with Banjo & Kazooie, Ubisoft has Spirits and Mii Outfits, and Bethesda just recently got a premium outfit of Vault Boy. Activision has nothing yet and a good reason for that may be because they are planning to bring an Activision rep to Smash, and what character would be a better candidate other then Crash?

I take back what I said a few pages ago and how I was pessimistic about Crash's chances, because now that I am thinking about it, Crash is probably the most likely Western rep at this point.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I remember the days when Crash was a "wouldn't be cool if" pick that nobody would seriously consider given how the franchise had fallen.

Boy at least the one good thing in this decade is the crash renaissance. Crashaissance?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'm always hesitant to suggest any sense of inevitability to a potential character given how nothing in Smash is certain, but Crash feels like the third party character that would be the most surprising if he didn't get in. With all the other significant non-Nintendo requests I can easily see the second fighter's pass without them for a variety of reasons; Crash is one its hard to imagine such a great opportunity being missed by Activision and/or Nintendo given the obvious benefit.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Reposting this from the Geno thread:

Time for a speculative exercise with a dose of educated guessing.

SOURCE GAMING'S SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE FIGHTER POLL (FP1) RESULTS - May 14, 2019

Place > Character Name > Status

1 > Banjo & Kazooie > Fighter
2 > Bandana Waddle Dee > Spirit
3 > Sora > ???

4 > Shantae > Spirit
5 > Geno > Spirit
6 > Steve > ???
7 > Crash Bandicoot > ???
8 > Rayman > Spirit
9 > Rex & Pyra > Spirit, Mii Costume (Rex)
10 > Master Chief > ???
11 > Waluigi > Spirit, Assist Trophy
12 > Doom Slayer > ???
13 > Phoenix Wright > ???
14 > Dante > ???
14 > Sans > Mii Costume
17 > Isaac > Spirit, Mii Costume, Assist Trophy
17 > Porky Minch > M.I.A.
18 > 2B > ???
19 > Shadow > Spirit, Assist Trophy
20 > Paper Mario > Spirit
21 > Amaterasu > ???
22 > Scorpion > ???
23 > Cuphead > Spirit, Mii Costume
24 > Tails > Spirit, Mii Costume
24 > Travis Touchdown > ???
26 > Lara Croft > ???
27 > Dixie Kong > Spirit
28 > Klonoa > ???
28 > Monokuma > ???
30 > Leon Kennedy > Spirit
31 > Neku > ???
32 > Elma > Spirit
33 > Ryu Hayabusa > ???
34 > Erdrick > Fighter (Hero Alt)
35 > Karate Joe > Spirit
36 > Goku (not DBZ) > Spirit(?)
36 > Spyro > ???
38 > Professor Layton > ???
38 > Skull Kid > Spirit, Mii Costume, Assist Trophy
40 > Crono > ???
41 > Lloyd Irving > M.I.A.
41 > Monster Hunter > M.I.A. (though we have Rathalos boss and Assist Trophy)
43 > Heavy > ???
44 > Arle Nadja > ???
44 > Chibi Robo > Spirit, Mii Costume
46 > Hollow Knight > ???
47 > Quote > ???
48 > Ashely > Spirit, Mii Costume, Assist Trophy
48 > Chorus Kids > Spirit
50 > Reimu Hakurei

SOURCE GAMING'S SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE FIGHTER POLL (FP2) RESULTS - June 20, 2020

Place > Character > Status

1 > Crash Bandicoot > ???
2 > Geno > Spirit
3 > Doom Slayer > ???
4 > Sora > ???
5 > Dante > ???
6 > Rayman > Spirit
7 > Steve > ???
8 > Master Chief > ???
9 > Bandana Waddle Dee > Spirit
10 > Phoenix Wright > ???
11 > Reimu Hakurei > ???
12 > Waluigi > Spirit, Assist Trophy
13 > Shantae > Spirit
14 > Travis Touchdown > ???
15 > Isaac > Spirit, Mii Costume, Assist Trophy
16 > Dixie Kong > Spirit
17 > 2B > ???
18 > Rex & Pyra > Spirit, Mii Costume (Rex)
19 > Ryu Hayabusa > ???
20 > Arle Nadja > ???
21 > Spyro > ???
22 > Hollow Knight > ???
23 > Lloyd Irving > M.I.A.
24 > Heavy > ???
25 > Dr. Eggman > Spirit
26 > Paper Mario > Spirit
27 > Amaterasu > ???
28 > Tails > Spirit, Mii Costume
29 > Scorpion > ???
30 > Porky Minch > M.I.A.
31 > Monster Hunter > M.I.A. (again, we do have the Rathalos boss and Assist Trophy)
32 > Sol Badguy > ???
33 > Shadow > Spirit, Assist Trophy
34 > Professor Layton > ???
35 > Lara Croft > ???
36 > Shovel Knight > Spirit, Assist Trophy
37 > Skull Kid > Spirit, Mii Costume, Assist Trophy
38 > Monokuma > ???
39 > Heihachi > Mii Costume
40 > Frisk > ???
41 > Agumon > ???
42 > KOS-MOS > ???
43 > Zero > Spirit, Mii Costume, Assist Trophy
44 > Elma > Spirit
45 > Klonoa > ???
46 > Hat Kid > ???
47 > Quote > ???
48 > Crono > ???
49 > Gordon Freeman > ???
50 > Bomberman > Assist Trophy

Over the past year the good lads from Source Gaming made two polls asking people to vote for the characters they’d want to join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The first poll (which was for characters people wanted to see get in Smash via the first Fighters Pass) had over 3,000 participants, and included votes for 718 characters. The second poll (for characters people wanted to see in Fighters Pass Vol. 2) included votes for 1,423 unique characters (about twice from the first poll) and as NantenJex mentions, there was even more participation this time around. From the results of both polls, they highlighted the top 50 characters from each.

Now, before anyone goes on saying “but polls mean nothing” or “this doesn’t prove anything”, that’s obvious (somewhat), however it is interesting to look at these kind of polls since they reunite the wants and expectations of a considerable number of people who for Nintendo’s (and third party collaborators in SSBU) concern, also represent a portion of their consumer base. Similar to people who as day traders dedicate themselves to buy and sell stocks, bonds, mutual funds and all that jazz via online market platforms (NYSE, etc.), the choices they make are based on running simulations, reading up on news related to the interest they’re willing to invest, and after making an educated guess, they either buy or sell a specific capital instrument in order to make a profit (hopefully). Now, in terms of speculating for Smash Bros. DLC characters, the speculation done by fans doesn’t have a strong impact on the end result (which character actually makes it into the roster as DLC), but fans (consumers) do have an impact in another way. That way is by voicing their wants and desires via social media outlets (Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, etc.), and most importantly buying the games of their favorite franchises (Crash Bandicoot N’Sane Trilogy, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, DOOM Eternal, etc.). With that out of the way, let’s dive into both polls.

The first Smash poll had some interesting characters within the top 50. However one key detail to note is the character that made it to the number 1 spot; Banjo & Kazooie. Recall that this poll’s results were made public roughly a month before E3 2019, yet lo and behold, Banjo & Kazooie did in fact made it into the roster after being revealed near the end of the Nintendo Direct, as Challenger Pack 3. What a cathartic moment that was. Was the poll’s result and the actual result a coincidence? The answer is yes, however they do have a connection of sorts. As mentioned before, the poll results gathered the desires of participants for which characters they wanted in Smash via the Fighters Pass, and the fact that Banjo & Kazooie made it to the very top of the list (a lengthy one at that) gives the idea that a good number of participants coincided into wanting the bear and bird duo in the game. Albeit there haven’t been any Banjo-Kazooie games for quite some time, fans still remember and support this IP and just so we’re clear, we’ve still had the Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie games via Rare Replay on XBOX consoles up to this day, and the former has remained as a popular speedrunning game (GDQ). Following this train of thought, we move onto the second Smash poll and direct our attention to the character that made it to first place this time around; Crash Bandicoot. The Crash Bandicoot franchise got its series revival a few years back with the N’Sane Trilogy, and a while later Crash Team Racing. This year we got the announcement for a brand new entry into the series. Albeit a Switch version of Crash Bandicoot 4 has yet to be announced, this revived interest in the series factors into fans’ thoughts on the character and his chances of potentially making it into the Smash roster. I won’t go all-in saying that the second poll’s result for Crash makes him a lock for the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 but, looking back to the first poll, thinking back on what Crash represented back in the late 90s console wars, his series revival PLUS new game being announced last month, there’s just quite the number of things going for the bandicoot that make him seem VERY likely.

I won’t go into details for each character for the sake of time, but by looking at the top 50 characters from both polls, one can come to some interesting conclusions (albeit not definitive). Another interesting detail from the first poll was the inclusion of the two premium Mii costumes that made it into Smash; Sans and Cuphead (who placed 14, and 23 respectively). Continuing on, albeit at the time of the first poll going live, rumors of Hero had been doing the rounds throughout the Internet, he placed 34 (as Erdrick, one of Hero’s alts). This result however cannot be translated to those of the second poll since the second fighters pass has been subject to even greater secrecy, and by simply looking at the second poll’s top 50 (say from 21 to 50), none of those names have been rumored around heavily similar to Hero back in 2019. The only names that could be picked to perhaps have a similar result would be Lloyd Irving, or Porky Minch (imo).

Something else to note from both polls are two names that remained within the top five placings; Geno and Sora. Their placings within the top five had slight changes (Geno going from 5 to 2, and Sora from 3 to 4), but it’s interesting to see that both these characters remained among the top most wanted characters among participants. In regards to Geno, he hasn’t made an appearance in a long time (except for Smash 4’s Mii Costume), however the absence of his Mii Costume still remains a mystery, as well as Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars still not being on the SNES NSO Library. In regards to Sora, the Kingdom Hearts franchise has had a solid streak of content ever since Kingdom Hearts 3’s release, including a game coming to the Nintendo Switch; Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory. Unfortunately, save for the characters voted to the number one spot, the rest of the top five voted characters in both polls do not translate to characters that will (or most likely are to) make it into the roster. After the first poll and the completion of the first fighters pass, Geno, Shantae, and Bandana Waddle Dee remained as spirits while Sora was nowhere to be seen. After the second poll, Geno is still a spirit yet confidence in his inclusion has grown, while at the same time other characters have caught up to Sora as most wanted characters who we’ll still have to see if they materialize in the ongoing Fighters Pass Vol. 2. However, as the first poll demonstrated, the remaining characters from the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 could be some of those found around the middle of the top 50, or even lower (Erdrick placed 34, Byleth placed 92, Terry Bogard placed 101, Luminary placed 112, Min Min placed 236, and Vault Boy placed 242 in the first poll).

To wrap things up, at present time, and given the results from the first Smash poll and the first Fighters Pass, I'm feeling confident that Crash Bandicoot will most likely be in the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 as I've mentioned in past posts as Challenger Pack 8. As for Geno, the fact that he's made it to the top five twice (improving his placing on the second poll) does correlate with improved expectations in regards to his chances. Coincidentally, Sora's presence within the top five on both polls is also quite telling. Let's see what this month will bring.

Last edited by a moderator:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
So, is it guaranteed that Crash would recycle voice clips instead of brand new stuff due to the current situation? I don't know if that really mattered for Min Min considering Spring Man's assist also uses recycled clips. I ask because I'd be 100% fine with that, Harnell's voice in CTR:NF and Skylanders (I guess the 10 or 11 samples in N.Sane work too?) provides more than enough voice clips for a Smash character. Heck, I'm surprised Banjo had enough where only one or two were used twice.

That being said, I've always wondered why so many characters just recycle clips for Smash. Weirder that Marth has gotten new ones since like, Brawl or Melee, but English Puff uses the 15 or so Smash 64 clips.

Somewhat related, but from small snippets of Crash 4, it seems like Crash is more vocal this time? It wasn't just the usual woah or silence this time around.
depends on when Nintendo records voice clips, if it is early in development they already have all the voices they need, if they wait until later, closer to midway done, the virus might be a problem, late development dost work because they will need to spend a month or two testing before the release

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
depends on when Nintendo records voice clips, if it is early in development they already have all the voices they need, if they wait until later, closer to midway done, the virus might be a problem, late development dost work because they will need to spend a month or two testing before the release
Okay, know what baffles me? Sakurai basically all but confirmed that the devs could easily ask the voice actors to come back for voicing, but don't. Captain Vegeta agreed to do clips for the Min Min trailer, which we know has been done since May.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Which also means more detractors who will say all he would do is spin.
Run with it. There's tons of ways to spin, he could turn sections of his body into tornadoes like Taz. An arm, a leg, upper body, etc. That gives him moveset options, plus throw in other stuff like slides, bodyslams, bazookas and gadgets from his series and those detractors will look stupid. He's got jetpacks, motorcycles, rocketboards, aircraft, mechs and animals. Anyone who says he can only spin doesn't know Crash and is talking out their ***.

D

Deleted member

Run with it. There's tons of ways to spin, he could turn sections of his body into tornadoes like Taz. An arm, a leg, upper body, etc. That gives him moveset options, plus throw in other stuff like slides, bodyslams, bazookas and gadgets from his series and those detractors will look stupid. He's got jetpacks, motorcycles, rocketboards, aircraft, mechs and animals. Anyone who says he can only spin doesn't know Crash and is talking out their ***.
Exactly. It's obvious he's got more up his sleeve than just spinning and it's clear that people who say that haven't played a Crash game. Or even if they did, it was just the first one.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Exactly. It's obvious he's got more up his sleeve than just spinning and it's clear that people who say that haven't played a Crash game. Or even if they did, it was just the first one.
Yeah, we can continue to ignore them because we can tell they just played the first game (if they even went that far). If detractors never got the Ridley, K. Rool and B&K supporters to give up, then this is no different.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given Smash's ability to get varied movesets out of seemingly limited characters before, why someone would consider Crash (a character with ten different platformer games to his name) as being likely monotonous with his moves is a bit baffling.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don’t know if this has been asked before, but what do you all think Crash’s Final Smash would be?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Given Smash's ability to get varied movesets out of seemingly limited characters before, why someone would consider Crash (a character with ten different platformer games to his name) as being likely monotonous with his moves is a bit baffling.
Haters give silly reasons (read as: excuses) why they don't want a particular character. Logic isn't their strong suit.

I don’t know if this has been asked before, but what do you all think Crash’s Final Smash would be?
Crash using Kapuna-Wa to slow down time, give the opponent a flurry of hits, poses, then bring time back to normal and the opponent gets launched.

Alternately, have him fly in his biplane and bombard the opponent(s) with machine gun fire.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I figured a cinematic similar to K. Rool's except it's Crash Crashing into the Cortex Vortex. This image of Crash with the jetpack gave me the idea.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Crash's Final Smash could go in many different directions as there are plenty of options to choose from

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I personally imagined it would just be the Boulder level. To me, the chase levels are iconic to Crash so having the opponents warped in front of a giant boulder heading to Crash would be amazing and have some good slap stick charm.

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet
I personally imagined it would just be the Boulder level. To me, the chase levels are iconic to Crash so having the opponents warped in front of a giant boulder heading to Crash would be amazing and have some good slap stick charm.
Huh, I never thought about that, but yeah that's actually a great idea. An idea I had was teleporting to the final boss arena from Warped and have Cortex through the mines at you, then you get caught in the mask's beam struggle, and then finally Crash dunks you into the pit in the center of the arena.

D

Deleted member

That's a pretty neat idea, though personally I'd like for it to be Brio's laser from Crash 2.

Nice avatar by the way haha.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just thought of a really cool idea for a Crash 4 animal buddy level (Hog Wild, Polar, those kind).
Crash stumbles into Spyro's world and sees an opportunity to ride a dragon, so he hops on Spyro's back, and we get an on rails shooter level with the flight level controls from Reignited Trilogy.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I’m hoping in Crash 4 the secret gems are Crash 2 levels of hidden. That was a highlight for me.

saysonder

Smash Rookie
I’ve been reading this thread without an account for the past 40 or so pages, so sign me up in support! Crash Bandicoot has always been my favorite gaming franchise and there’s nothing more that would make me happy than to finally see him join Smash. With his recent success and the Crash Bandicoot themed switch and pro controller, his chances aren’t looking too bad, imo.

My idea for a reveal trailer would start off on the shores off an island. Villager from Animal Crossing is making his way down the beach when something catches his eye. We see him approach a fruit tree in the distance as the camera stays on the shore. A wooden crate washes up and slowly we see it pan to include a giant yellow question mark on the side. Villager shakes the tree and we see him confused as he picks up a wumpa fruit. The crate behind him hops and shakes in every direction before Crash breaks free, his silhouette spinning with the sun behind him. We get some gameplay and then we see Crash doing his iconic dance with some villagers as KK Slider plays behind them.

As for his final smash? I imagine you can send a fighter to the post level room from the first Crash game. Crates gradually fall and crush whoever you hit with your FS. A TNT crate falls and begins counting down but gets cut short by a falling nitro crate, dealing crazy damage and ending the FS.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’ve been reading this thread without an account for the past 40 or so pages, so sign me up in support! Crash Bandicoot has always been my favorite gaming franchise and there’s nothing more that would make me happy than to finally see him join Smash. With his recent success and the Crash Bandicoot themed switch and pro controller, his chances aren’t looking too bad, imo.

My idea for a reveal trailer would start off on the shores off an island. Villager from Animal Crossing is making his way down the beach when something catches his eye. We see him approach a fruit tree in the distance as the camera stays on the shore. A wooden crate washes up and slowly we see it pan to include a giant yellow question mark on the side. Villager shakes the tree and we see him confused as he picks up a wumpa fruit. The crate behind him hops and shakes in every direction before Crash breaks free, his silhouette spinning with the sun behind him. We get some gameplay and then we see Crash doing his iconic dance with some villagers as KK Slider plays behind them.

As for his final smash? I imagine you can send a fighter to the post level room from the first Crash game. Crates gradually fall and crush whoever you hit with your FS. A TNT crate falls and begins counting down but gets cut short by a falling nitro crate, dealing crazy damage and ending the FS.
Welcome aboard, and welcome to the forums!

Top Bottom