• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is this real? I figured this would've been all over the news sites after a full day.
It’s not. It’s a fun side activity in which this is a hypothetical scenario.
So for instance, if I said “Shantae and Koopa Troopa” that would be answering the prompt.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
That said, if that very scenario were to wind up happening, who would you choose as the last 3rd Party and Nintendo characters? For me:

3rd Party - Either Crash Bandicoot or Yuri Lowell
Nintendo - Porky Minch

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That said, if that very scenario were to wind up happening, who would you choose as the last 3rd Party and Nintendo characters?

3rd Party - Crash Bandicoot/Yuri Lowell
Nintendo - Porky Minch
Uh, that was a double post, TDDolphin.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
There aren't really any more first parties I personally want, but if this was to happen I suppose I'd hope for a Zelda rep.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
There aren't really any more first parties I personally want, but if this was to happen I suppose I'd hope for a Zelda rep.
I honestly think Porky is the only Nintendo character that feels missing from Smash Ultimate. Even if he wasn't planned to be playable, it's just so weird that Sakurai/Nintendo/Bandai Namco would just forget to add his spirit into the game. I know the joke about he's still stuck in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, but that just doesn't jive with me, since the ASC's spirit is the empty variant. I feel like he might be coming soon. And that's coming from someone whose never played a Mother game in their life.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That tweet got me going for a moment there.

That said, if that very scenario were to wind up happening, who would you choose as the last 3rd Party and Nintendo characters? For me:

Nintendo - Porky Minch
Crash and Isaac

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
With that said, I feel like that line of thinking with "one more big third party and a first party for last" is a common sentiment which makes sense. Smash always has notable third party characters for E3 and usually the last character is a promotional first party pick. So even if Sakurai just straight up said that, it would only confirm the suspicions that me and others have

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Same here. I have dealt with worse in life.
I just feel like I can't be too mad about Smash Ultimate considering everything that's been added to it:

1) All veteran fighters and all of my favorite stages came back.

2) The newcomers added have been really cool, and some of the most requested characters ever: Ridley, King K. Rool, Inkling, Banjo & Kazooie, Simon, Joker, Sephiroth, Byleth, Hero, Terry, Pyra/Mythra, even Steve, who I was completely against for the longest time, wound up growing on me quite a bit.

3) A bunch of classic modes, features and mechanics have been updated nicely (Classic Mode, Stage Builder, Sound Test, Tournament, Preset Rules, etc.) and Squad Strike is awesome!

4) World of Light was actually kind of fun for what it was, and I've grown fond of the spirits and spirit battles.

If they could just fix the netcode for online and fine-tune the matchmaking, this game might actually be perfect (at least for me).

Protagonist of Dragalia Lost, a Nintendo mobile game.
Has not yet released in certain regions.
Huh. I've never heard of that series...

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Last 2 characters choices.

3rd Party: Crash Bandicoot

1st Party: Pokemon or Donkey Kong rep

My reaction if Crash Bandicoot doesn't make it.

I would actually be kind of shocked if Crash Bandicoot doesn't make the final cut and very disappointed, It would feel like "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale" situation all over again to an extent and a really big missed opportunity, Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool really do help soften the blow as I got 2 out of my big 3 which is pretty damn good, But still pretty damn pissed.

It really all depends on who the last 2 picks are I guess.

Last edited:

HolsterYerGuns

Smash Cadet
I also wanted to ask did geoff always partnered and kept talking about crash related stuff or activision did that because there was no E3?

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
So this is really interesting

(https://twitter.com/jumpbuttoncb/status/1390524766851936257) "So Crash has a "25 before 25" list apparently. 25 things he wants to do before he FULLY turns 25. One of them is playing soccer with a pro, it seems. They're really putting a lot of emphasis on the actual anniversary day itself, huh? ..and what life goals could Crash have...? thinking emoji" - from the tweet

Obviously this is centering around his 25th anniversary, but this story post on Instagram seems to have a 'countdown' kind of vibe towards something. Maybe it's Wumpa League? Smash?

Who knows, but let's all wait and see what happens.

1620362290589.png

Last edited:

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Guys.

Seriously, this may be one chance we have here.

If this real the answer for me by far would be Crash Bandicoot and Ayumi Tachibana.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

Nintendo - Porky Minch
Crash Bandicoot and... I honestly think I want Dixie Kong, but I doubt that would happen.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So this is really interesting

(https://twitter.com/jumpbuttoncb/status/1390524766851936257) "So Crash has a "25 before 25" list apparently. 25 things he wants to do before he FULLY turns 25. One of them is playing soccer with a pro, it seems. They're really putting a lot of emphasis on the actual anniversary day itself, huh? ..and what life goals could Crash have...? thinking emoji" - from the tweet

Obviously this is centering around his 25th anniversary, but this story post on Instagram seems to have a 'countdown' kind of vibe towards something. Maybe it's Wumpa League? Smash?

Who knows, but let's all wait and see what happens.

View attachment 314123
I've got two things to take away from this.
1. This is basically proof that the Crash franchise is far from dead, and that Activision still has a bunch of stuff in store for Crash this year. I definitely feel like things are shaping up for this year to be one of Crash's biggest years, despite all the bad news that came with it (Crash cartoon cancelled, VV and TfB buyout ect.).
2. If Activision is really going all out this year for Crash, and if they really are announcing 25 things before he actually does turn 25, my mind finds it hard to believe that one of the many announcements won't be Crash for Smash. I feel like Activision has to be aware of the demand to see Crash in Smash, as well as how highly speculated he is, so Crash seems like the biggest no-brainer announcement they could have for this year.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited. It seems like Crash has a bunch of stuff coming for all of us to look forward to this year, and Crash still seems like a likely candidate for Smash on top of all of this.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly think Porky is the only Nintendo character that feels missing from Smash Ultimate. Even if he wasn't planned to be playable, it's just so weird that Sakurai/Nintendo/Bandai Namco would just forget to add his spirit into the game. I know the joke about he's still stuck in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, but that just doesn't jive with me, since the ASC's spirit is the empty variant. I feel like he might be coming soon. And that's coming from someone whose never played a Mother game in their life.
Him and Sylux. Nether of them has a Spirit suspiciously and they're grooming Sylux up to be Metroid Prime 4's main antagonist as he chased Samus into space at the end of Metroid Prime 3. Could him or Porky be some of the last remaining DLC characters? I doubt it unless they announce a Fighter's Pass 3 which is SUPER unlikely. And I don't Porky and Sylux as E3 material so they're likely not in if Fighter's Pass 2 is it.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Him and Sylux. Nether of them has a Spirit suspiciously and they're grooming Sylux up to be Metroid Prime 4's main antagonist as he chased Samus into space at the end of Metroid Prime 3. Could him or Porky be some of the last remaining DLC characters? I doubt it unless they announce a Fighter's Pass 3 which is SUPER unlikely. And I don't Porky and Sylux as E3 material so they're likely not in if Fighter's Pass 2 is it.
I forgot all about Sylux...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't think we're getting a 3rd Fighter Pass either. Maybe one last bonus fighter is possible, but that's kind of all I'm expecting after the last 2 fighters of FP2.

Porky can be easily explained.

He's simply inside the safe capsule which I think Sakurai and developers did as a joke.
I already brought the joke up earlier... But maybe Porky being in the Absolutely Safe Capsule is why the Capsule is a legend class spirit...

Crash was playing 4 on the Switch. HMMMMMM.....
Wait a minute! The soccer ball is an item in Smash! Crash's latest tweet involves soccer! OMG CRASH CONFIRMED!! 😆😆😆😆

Last edited:

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
So, generally I see people suggest the fruit bazooka for Crash's side special. How would you guys feel about it being a kart from CTR? I'd see it working like Wario's side special, and having a gimmick where if you hit the B button at the right time when turning around, you'll get a brief nitro boost increasing speed, damage, and knockback, referencing drift boosts. I think it'd be nice to have a move referencing the kart racing side of the series.

Yeah, if you couldn't tell earlier, I'm a big fan of CTR, even moreso than the platformers. It probably helps that I had CTR before any of the original games, and it was one of my first 3D games so it left a big impression.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
So, generally I see people suggest the fruit bazooka for Crash's side special. How would you guys feel about it being a kart from CTR? I'd see it working like Wario's side special, and having a gimmick where if you hit B button at the right time when turning around, you'll get a brief nitro boost increasing speed, damage, and knockback, referencing drift boosts. I think it'd be nice to have a move referencing the kart racing side of the series.

Yeah, if you couldn't tell earlier, I'm a big fan of CTR, even moreso than the platformers. It probably helps that I had CTR before any of the original games, and it was one of my first 3D games so it left a big impression.
As much as I enjoy CTR (played it to death as a kid and I have +800 hours on Nitro Fueled), I'd rather see his moveset fully inspired by his platforming from the main series.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
So, generally I see people suggest the fruit bazooka for Crash's side special. How would you guys feel about it being a kart from CTR? I'd see it working like Wario's side special, and having a gimmick where if you hit B button at the right time when turning around, you'll get a brief nitro boost increasing speed, damage, and knockback, referencing drift boosts. I think it'd be nice to have a move referencing the kart racing side of the series.

I... don't really see that happening.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
So, generally I see people suggest the fruit bazooka for Crash's side special. How would you guys feel about it being a kart from CTR? I'd see it working like Wario's side special, and having a gimmick where if you hit the B button at the right time when turning around, you'll get a brief nitro boost increasing speed, damage, and knockback, referencing drift boosts. I think it'd be nice to have a move referencing the kart racing side of the series.

While it's not a bad idea, I still think it would make more sense and be a better fit for Smash if they use "Polar" as part of a charge attack for Crash rather than a kart.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Okay, I know we're still not sure what Crash's future is atm (I'm not naive enough to believe Activision's claims up front, they gotta prove it), but... this just makes me sad. All these companies on ONE series.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

Okay, I know we're still not sure what Crash's future is atm (I'm not naive enough to believe Activision's claims up front, they gotta prove it), but... this just makes me sad. All these companies on ONE series.
Activision should ask Bethesda and Fallout 76 how multiple studios working on one game worked out for them.

Last edited:

HolsterYerGuns

Smash Cadet

Imagine playing some bad ass shooty shooty game and then seeing a company that made skylanders in there.

Top Bottom