• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
For better or worse, the current situation is a bit more complicated than that. It's true that E3 usually has big reveals, but it's also true that Smash likes to save the "lesser" characters for the end. It doesn't help that we've only had one instance of both overlapping (the E3 where the Mii Fighters and Palutena were announced), so we can't say for certain if it'll happen now. While I'm not saying to stop hoping, I just wanted to clarify that.
Watch us get the next reveal some time in the next couple weeks before May ends... just to mess everyone's theories up XD

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
For better or worse, the current situation is a bit more complicated than that. It's true that E3 usually has big reveals, but it's also true that Smash likes to save the "lesser" characters for the end. It doesn't help that we've only had one instance of both overlapping (the E3 where the Mii Fighters and Palutena were announced), so we can't say for certain if it'll happen now. While I'm not saying to stop hoping, I just wanted to clarify that.
I'd say FP11 has a good chance of being lesser, but definately not FP10. Ever since Snake's initial reveal for Brawl we have had, without fail, either a large 3rd party character and/or a highly requested character for every E3 Smash reveal. I highly doubt this pattern will stop now at E3 2021. Nintendo knows to bring their A game at such a high profile event.

Some AT-AT

Smash Apprentice
I'd say FP11 has a good chance of being lesser, but definately not FP10. Ever since Snake's initial reveal for Brawl we have had, without fail, either a large 3rd party character and/or a highly requested character for every E3 Smash reveal. I highly doubt this pattern will stop now at E3 2021. Nintendo knows to bring their A game at such a high profile event.
I agree AJ, The Big N has to have something big for Smash at E3! I'd be shocked if it was a 1st party joining.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Had a very strange Smash-related dream.

I dreamt that Crash Bandicoot was announced for Smash Bros at E3 alongside, of all things, a Bokoblin from BOTW. I remember going online and seeing that people were happy about Crash, but furious over the Bokoblin.

I dunno I just thought it was interesting enough to share here.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

I dreamt that Crash Bandicoot was announced for Smash Bros at E3 alongside, of all things, a Bokoblin from BOTW. I remember going online and seeing that people were happy about Crash, but furious over the Bokoblin.

I could believe a playable Bokoblin being possible after Piranha Plant in all honesty lol. I'd much rather have BOTW Zelda instead though.

Last edited:

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet

I mean hey, we got Piranha Plant, we might as well get the BOTW Bokoblin too. Lmao

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

At least it wouldn’t be another Link

so how was Crash’s trailer

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

What other Link could they possibly add though? Skyward Sword Link? The only other Zelda character I think is still possible is BotW Zelda as maybe the potential bonus character. At that point, we'd have 3 Links and 3 Zeldas in Ultimate, which I think might be kinda cool.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
I figure this is as good a place to talk about this.

So I've been playing On the Run. Yeah, that freemium mobile game...shame on me.

Anyways

I've gotten to the N. Sanity Islands and unlocked Road to Ruin (120 gems) and it dawned on me.

Why does the map make it look like a giant almost Yoshi looking head statue at the top while the man eating plants look more like Piranha Plants? And why does the level itself make it seem as if the actual Road to Ruin looks more like that island on the upper right? And why does the Great Gate map icon look more like N. Sanity Beach rather than the island on the upper left?

Does anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I figure this is as good a place to talk about this.

So I've been playing On the Run. Yeah, that freemium mobile game...shame on me.

Anyways

I've gotten to the N. Sanity Islands and unlocked Road to Ruin (120 gems) and it dawned on me.

Why does the map make it look like a giant almost Yoshi looking head statue at the top while the man eating plants look more like Piranha Plants? And why does the level itself make it seem as if the actual Road to Ruin looks more like that island on the upper right? And why does the Great Gate map icon look more like N. Sanity Beach rather than the island on the upper left?

Does anyone else have this issue?
Maybe they didn't care too much about continuity when making the game? It wouldn't be the first time mobile games and corporate ignored consistency like that.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What other Link could they possibly add though? Skyward Sword Link? The only other Zelda character I think is still possible is BotW Zelda as maybe the potential bonus character. At that point, we'd have 3 Links and 3 Zeldas in Ultimate, which I think might be kinda cool.
I literally do not want a fourth Link in Smash lmao. Plus would have another clone/semi-clone.

speaking of Crash, if we get a trailer how do you guys feel if somehow his signature Wumpa Fruit pops out right before he is revealed? Or what other item may show him being confirmed before he pops up on the screen?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
speaking of Crash, if we get a trailer how do you guys feel if somehow his signature Wumpa Fruit pops out right before he is revealed? Or what other item may show him being confirmed before he pops up on the screen?
"Crates" or an "Aku-Aku" mask with the "Ooga Booga !!!" sound effect are the only ones that come to mind.

But I guess it would really depend on when they specifically decide to "Drop" the item in the trailer.

Though I will say looking back at the Banjo-Kazooie trailer, As much as I loved it, I would take away the "Bouncing Jiggy" sequence as that was a dead giveaway of who was coming too soon into the trailer, I'd replace it with an audio cue rather than a visual one (Kind of like K. Rool before) with a strum/tune of an actual Banjo instrument while familiar not as obvious.

But regarding Crash, One thing we can all agree on is that the trailer has gotta feature Mario and Sonic too, If possible I personally would also love to see other major platforming mascots like DK and Banjo-Kazooie show up, But Mario and Sonic have to be the main focus.

Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Another INTERESTING observation today y'all:
https://twitter.com/Canadianguyehh/status/1393243996663779341 <<<< (Twitter link, image below is not my screenshot)
1621019007794.png

" Well lookie lookie! It’s #neocortex and #CrashBandicoot working together on a fun new project... no, this one is not another Crash game (or is it?? Haha! 😉 )... I always enjoy sharing mics with @lexlang ... I know we’re supposed to be professionals, but at what point do I ask him for an autograph???? #voiceover #legend #previoushashtagwasregardinglexnotme @crashbandicoot" <<< post caption

And for those that play OTR (On the Run): Crash is voiced by Jess Harnell, not Scott. Scott voiced the character in Crash 4 It's About Time.

But what do y'all think about this? Wumpa League? Commercial? Smash? Anything? (dont think it'll be a brand new game like a Crash 5)

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Canadianguyehh/status/1393261376114659328 (<<< Twitter link)

"Remember, this might NOT be a Crash "GAME". But this is a Crash "PRODUCT". It could be wumpa league, crash team racing sequel, a funny cameo in Spyro 4, crash in smash, the crash cartoon, the beginnings of Crash 5. There's a NUMBER of things this could be We'll wait and see" - Canadian Guy Eh

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
https://twitter.com/Canadianguyehh/status/1393243996663779341 <<<< (Twitter link, image below is not my screenshot)View attachment 315193
" Well lookie lookie! It’s #neocortex and #CrashBandicoot working together on a fun new project... no, this one is not another Crash game (or is it?? Haha! 😉 )... I always enjoy sharing mics with @lexlang ... I know we’re supposed to be professionals, but at what point do I ask him for an autograph???? #voiceover #legend #previoushashtagwasregardinglexnotme @crashbandicoot" <<< post caption

And for those that play OTR (On the Run): Crash is voiced by Jess Harnell, not Scott. Scott voiced the character in Crash 4 It's About Time.

But what do y'all think about this? Wumpa League? Commercial? Smash? Anything? (dont think it'll be a brand new game like a Crash 5)

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Canadianguyehh/status/1393261376114659328 (<<< Twitter link)

"Remember, this might NOT be a Crash "GAME". But this is a Crash "PRODUCT". It could be wumpa league, crash team racing sequel, a funny cameo in Spyro 4, crash in smash, the crash cartoon, the beginnings of Crash 5. There's a NUMBER of things this could be We'll wait and see" - Canadian Guy Eh
I really want this to be for Smash not necessarily just because it means that Crash is in but rather because I wanna hear some new Cortex lines in the context of Smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
https://twitter.com/Canadianguyehh/status/1393243996663779341 <<<< (Twitter link, image below is not my screenshot)View attachment 315193

Crash AND Cortex confirmed for Smash, baby! :troll:

HolsterYerGuns

Smash Cadet

Not really ssure that it would be smash unless we are going to have certain crash characters like cortex making a cameo on the stage's background but yeah dont think its anything related to smash

Last edited:

HolsterYerGuns

Smash Cadet
He can be in the trailer and also be apart of the stage. (Assuming this is for Smash, which we wouldn't know till later)
I assume in that case not only cortex would be making a cameo but bunch of more villains and friends of crash would be joining in like tawna,Crunch,Polar,N gin,Tiger,Dingodile heck even something similar to CTR where they would include a crate sitting there too tho I am not really sure they are going to pull of that much characters

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

Is it possible that Crash 4 could be getting DLC?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

On the one hand, IDK if this leans on nudge nudge wink wink hinting towards Smash I can't really see 3rd-parties being allowed to do considering how tightly under wraps Nintendo would want the reveals... But on the other hand, getting other characters lines in the trailer like with Joker and Byleth's and hearing Lex Lang's Cortex rage that "the infernal bandicoot has made his way into Smash?!?!"... It would just be so rad.

Laniv

Smash Champion

I don't remember much of the trailer, but I do remember that

1. His appearance was a cross between his N. Same Trilogy and About Time designs

2. His final smash was teaming up with Coco and Aku Aku for a combination attack (think Robin's Pair Up)

3. The end of his trailer had him, Mario, Sonic, and Diddy Kong all doing the Crash dance on a beach

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

1. His appearance was a cross between his N. Same Trilogy and About Time designs

2. His final smash was teaming up with Coco and Aku Aku for a combination attack (think Robin's Pair Up)

3. The end of his trailer had him, Mario, Sonic, and Diddy Kong all doing the Crash dance on a beach
Why do I have a feeling that this would possibly be what could actually happen, aka foreshadowing?

Just kidding around, by the way.

Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
So based on my post talking about the latest find, gonna give my thoughts on each possible scenario happening:

- Brand new Crash game (Crash 5): Don't think so - If anything, if there would be a new Crash game or whatever, I can really only see Wumpa League happening.

- Wumpa League: 50/50 chance - Wumpa League has been speculated for a hot minute and some stuff has come out that shows the possibility of it but not enough to fully confirm it quite yet. It would be a fun way of celebrating his 25th anniversary by releasing a party game!

- Cartoon: Probably not - Considering that we just went through that mess earlier in the year, I doubt they'll do anything for that anytime soon this year. Maybe but I don't give it much of a chance, tho I would love to be wrong there.

- Commercial/Social Media post for the 25th anniversary: Probably - It actually wouldn't surprise me if they end up doing a commercial/social media post for the 25th anniversary, where it stars Crash and Cortex in their usual antics and then they promote the importance of the 25th anniversary promoting Crash 4 and the other recent games of the series, with a small clue in the dark about something big coming. This seems likely imo but we'll see

-Cameo in a upcoming Spyro game: Nope - I don't really see this happening since I imagine they would rather focus on Crash's 25th anniversary this year then release a Spyro game this year. I don't doubt this could happen next year, but as far as this year is concerned? Probably not.

-Crash to Smash??: Woah! - Now this is something we ALL in here want to see happen, but could this latest thing I posted be hinting towards that? Yes and no. We all know that Nintendo rather much have this under wraps, especially before E3 of all things. But it's very much well possible that this was probably their best attempt (if they were thinking that far) of hinting that it could be that. I'm not too familiar with deadlines for submitting in the voicelines for DLC characters for the game or their reveal trailer themselves, but what else could you do with just Crash and Cortex's VA? If we're talking about the realms of Smash, it could be for both the reveal trailer and some voicelines for the main game when their DLC drops (assuming they are next)

We'll see if anything from here comes to fruition but I have no doubt it'll be one of these things, just have to wait and see at this point. And remember folks: Since June 2016, there has ALWAYS been Crash stuff either revealed OR released (maybe both sometimes?) in the month of June and considering the latest activity of Crash Bandicoot lately? I still think (as mentioned before) that we have a VERY good chance of something revealed for Crash next month. No doubt in my mind.

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet

its definitely not smash. why would someone refer to voicing a character in smash as a "new project". that sounds a bit weird if you ask me

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
its definitely not smash. why would someone refer to voicing a character in smash as a "new project". that sounds a bit weird if you ask me
I mean it would be consider a new project lol. Especially for the fact that they've NEVER been apart of any until that moment? (assuming it is Smash, but we don't know and it could very well be something else)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Why does time have to move so slowly?
Ask me how waiting 20 years for Crash in Smash feels

Now Diddy of all characters doing that would be interesting.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Ask me how waiting 20 years for Crash in Smash feels
I'm with you there man. I had been waiting for Banjo & Kazooie to come to Smash since Melee. It took 18 years, but I'm happy that we finally got there in the end 😊 Hopefully something similar can happen for Crash too here soon 👍

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I think Cortex could be a stage boss in Crash's stage; a reference to the final boss fight in Crash 1. His stage would be Wumpa Island with the blimp as the main base with 2 platforms. The blimp travels through the island and when coming to Cortex's Lair, Cortex will show up as a boss for awhile and can be KOed. After that, the stage loops back to the beginning.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I think Cortex could be a stage boss in Crash's stage; a reference to the final boss fight in Crash 1.
I don't know, I feel like Cortex would just be a regular stage cameo character in the background like the others have been. Maybe he can move around the potential Crash stage, but I don't think he'll be a stage hazard, or a Yellow Devil style stage boss.

Top Bottom