• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Crash is either going to be FP10 or FP11 as I think he will be one of the E3 reveals if we are getting E3 next year.
I think regardless of whether E3 happens, the pass was planned with two E3s in mind. Steve was probably planned as a big reveal for 2020's, and chances are good there's another big reveal meant for 2021's. Crash would be a top contender there
Big news or releases for Crash tend to happen on June, so it could happen. We can't rely on anniversary dates when Smash is concerned anyways, so I don't think we'd hear about him on September.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Yea, it depends on how "iconic" we're talking here. There are tons of worthy characters to still be added, but in terms of megahits we still need Lara Croft (as you said), Jill Valentine, Scorpion/Sub-Zero (although that will probably not happen), and probably Heihachi.

If we're to include Playstation then you would definately need Kratos and Nathan Drake as well.
This. Why should Fortnite be the only cross over with Chief and Kratos?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Doesn't mean much, but Nintendo's Monthly Rewind features none other than Nitro-Fueled.

Lol! At 0:08 you see that clip from the Sephiroth trailer where Sephiroth has his sword hooked over Mario's overalls. Lmao! They want to advertise Mario's death.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Mario: I made success for Nintendo, and this is how they repay me?!
Higher ups at Nintendo: Now listen here you rant! You work for the Father and Ben you hear! Or else they will come after you in your dreams and turn them into nightmares. You better play our game Mr. M or else you won't be our dino anymore.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Higher ups at Nintendo: Now listen here you rant! You work for the Father and Ben you hear! Or else they will come after you in your dreams and turn them into nightmares. You better play our game Mr. M or else you won't be our dino anymore.
Lol!

First, Mario gets run over by Sonic in Brawl, gets hit by a blade from Mega Man in the latter’s trailer in Smash 4, gets impaled by Ridley in Ultimate’s Ridley trailer and then gets stabbed by Sephiroth in his trailer. I thought Nintendo cared for Mario!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Lol!

First, Mario gets run over by Sonic in Brawl, gets hit by a blade from Mega Man in the latter’s trailer in Smash 4, gets impaled by Ridley in Ultimate’s Ridley trailer and then gets stabbed by Sephiroth in his trailer. I thought Nintendo cared for Mario!
Nintendo: We only care for him because he brings us the dough. He's our little cash cow.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
If Crash shows up in a trailer, it will most likely be a console wars nod between Mario and Sonic
Not upset nor complaining, but I doubt that Crash Bandicoot is any more iconic than Pacman or Megaman. And I still hope that Crash Bandicoot gets released with a Konami mii costume, just like Banjo and Steve (Minecraft).

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not upset nor complaining, but I doubt that Crash Bandicoot is any more iconic than Pacman or Megaman. And I still hope that Crash Bandicoot gets released with a Konami mii costume, just like Banjo and Steve (Minecraft).
...I said nothing about iconic status here. Just that the three represented the console wars, the most famous of which was the 90's.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's more that the three of them (Mario, Sonic, and Crash) were the faces of their respective consoles, at least during the PS1/N64 era.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It's more that the three of them (Mario, Sonic, and Crash) were the faces of their respective consoles, at least during the PS1/N64 era.
Honestly since they started putting third party characters in Smash (Sonic and Snake), I was almost sure that Crash would be one of the next, just because of this. As a kid growing up the main mascots for Nintendo, Sony, and Sega were Mario, Crash, and Sonic, so it only made sense. I do think PacMan is ultimately more iconic just because the arcade game is literally a classic, and Megaman was really huge (on mostly Nintendo) consoles growing up.

So yeah, I'm honestly surprised that Crash hasn't been added sooner, to be honest. I myself am a Spyro fan over a Crash fan, but Crash deserves to get in as much as anyone else.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would be wise to ignore the user in question, because I've long since stopped trying to put up with them and their logic.

Honestly since they started putting third party characters in Smash (Sonic and Snake), I was almost sure that Crash would be one of the next, just because of this. As a kid growing up the main mascots for Nintendo, Sony, and Sega were Mario, Crash, and Sonic, so it only made sense. I do think PacMan is ultimately more iconic just because the arcade game is literally a classic, and Megaman was really huge (on mostly Nintendo) consoles growing up.

So yeah, I'm honestly surprised that Crash hasn't been added sooner, to be honest. I myself am a Spyro fan over a Crash fan, but Crash deserves to get in as much as anyone else.
I figure that Crash's sketchy franchise situation has hindered that.

I mean, it had went through a one-two punch of being ran into the ground and then put out of its misery, before Acti figured that the best course of action would be to give it a fresh start. As such, it had to regain the goodwill that was lost throughout the years, and the recent games have for the most part managed to pull that off. To seal the deal, negotiations for an appearance in Ultimate will need to be done for Crash's reputation to be 100% fixed, so those first steps have theoretically needed to be done.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I mean, it had went through a one-two punch of being ran into the ground and then put out of its misery, before Acti figured that the best course of action would be to give it a fresh start. As such, it had to regain the goodwill that was lost throughout the years, and the recent games have for the most part managed to pull that off. To seal the deal, negotiations for an appearance in Ultimate will need to be done for Crash's reputation to be 100% fixed.
So what do you mean by "one-two punch"?

...I said nothing about iconic status here. Just that the three represented the console wars, the most famous of which was the 90's.
I was puzzled for a while.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It would be wise to ignore the user in question, because I've long since stopped trying to put up with them and their logic.

I figure that Crash's sketchy franchise situation has hindered that.

I mean, it had went through a one-two punch of being ran into the ground and then put out of its misery, before Acti figured that the best course of action would be to give it a fresh start. As such, it had to regain the goodwill that was lost throughout the years, and the recent games have for the most part managed to pull that off. To seal the deal, negotiations for an appearance in Ultimate will need to be done for Crash's reputation to be 100% fixed, so those first steps have theoretically needed to be done.
That's true. When Crash, to me the mascot character of Playstation 1 era, isn't even in a game called Playstation All Stars, something is definitely wrong, hah. Hopefully good things await the bandicoot.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm surprised that Crash was absent from Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.
That game had the budget of a ham sandwich, they couldn't get half the roster they wanted. Characters like Cloud, Snake, Lara Croft, Crash, Spyro, and the like were all super expensive. Why else do you think they had to go with Donte instead of the Dante everyone likes, Heihachi specifically plugging the new Tekken Tag Tournament that came out at the time, or weird choices like Big Daddy when Bioshock took two years to come to the PS3?

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I feel like that's the biggest threat to Crash getting into Smash. Of course, Smash has a much larger budget no doubt, but Activision knows that too, and they also know Crash would be a huge addition. I could see them being greedy and demanding too much money to license Crash, such that Nintendo couldn't negotiate a satisfactory compromise.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
y know i was actually thinking about some stuff

the development plans for other "season-based" fighting game DLC like Tekken 7, SFV, Dragon Ball FighterZ etc.

I know DBFZ added some placeholder slots before I think season 2 was announced, but wrt T7 and SFV, did they ever go on record to say like "yeah this is the last season" only to be like "oops nevermind here's some more?" Or even go on a brief hiatus before starting another season?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
y know i was actually thinking about some stuff

the development plans for other "season-based" fighting game DLC like Tekken 7, SFV, Dragon Ball FighterZ etc.

I know DBFZ added some placeholder slots before I think season 2 was announced, but wrt T7 and SFV, did they ever go on record to say like "yeah this is the last season" only to be like "oops nevermind here's some more?" Or even go on a brief hiatus before starting another season?
As far as I've seen, only Street Fighter V did announce a final season so far (which makes sense since, you know, 5), though the majority of season 4 took a while to be confirmed. I doubt that'll get another extension since Ono (the likeliest in the staff to troll) left Capcom during the game's final season. Tekken 7 is still missing a few veterans that haven't come back since 6.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As far as I've seen, only Street Fighter V did announce a final season so far (which makes sense since, you know, 5), though the majority of season 4 took a while to be confirmed. I doubt that'll get another extension since Ono (the likeliest in the staff to troll) left Capcom during the game's final season. Tekken 7 is still missing a few veterans that haven't come back since 6.
they (publicly) announced the 5th season was the last one from the get-go i take it? for SFV I mean

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yes, that was made quite public and not relegated to magazines only.
I see

plus Sakurai’s magazine statement still said word for word “currently no plans” so....

here’s hoping at the very least they fill ALL the placeholders. To my knowledge no fighting game has ever REMOVED internal placeholders right?

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I came across this post on Twitter, listing down a few notable milestones this year, and guess what made it to the list!

[Also, can we talk about how freaking crazy it is that the GameCube is turning 20 and the 3DS is turning 10 this year? Man, time seriously needs to stop flying].

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I came across this post on Twitter, listing down a few notable milestones this year, and guess what made it to the list!

[Also, can we talk about how freaking crazy it is that the GameCube is turning 20 and the 3DS is turning 10 this year? Man, time seriously needs to stop flying].
Odd choice of games.... Action 52

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well now that were in 2021 and we are at the halfway point of Fighter Pass 2 with only 3 spots left to go and unless a Fighter Pass gets announced, This may very well may be my final year here on Smashboards and chances are I will likely retire from Smash speculation.

In 2018 I got my 2nd most wanted in King K. Rool and 2019 I got my most wanted in Banjo-Kazooie and after they made it in I was pretty close to calling it quits when it comes to Smash speculation, But when I looked at the roster and while I was mostly satisfied with it, It still felt like something obvious was missing and of course that something was Crash Bandicoot.

If Crash Bandicoot is gonna make it into Smash than there is absolutely no better time than now for him to make it in, This could be another big year for Crash as the past few years are the most momentum the franchise has had since the late 90's/Early 2000's, N.Sane Trilogy, CTR: Nitro Fueled and It's About Time have all lined up well with Smash's window opening and with Crash 4 very likely expected to get a Switch port sometime this year on the series 25th anniversary.

Fighter Pass 2 has been huge disappointment for me so far, But if anyone can salvage it it's Crash Bandicoot.

So here's to 2021 "Team Bandicoot" and let's show everyone in the Smash community that Crash Bandicoot is a Smash candidate to be reckoned with.

I wish I can find a GIF, But In the words of N. Tropy...

Screenshot_20210102-205149_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Well now that were in 2021 and we are at the halfway point of Fighter Pass 2 with only 3 spots left to go and unless a Fighter Pass gets announced, This may very well may be my final year here on Smashboards and chances are I will likely retire from Smash speculation.
There's no need to leave Smashboards after Fighters pass 2 is finished, you can stay here to express your imagination for your own ideas and concepts for Smash. But I've actually considered leaving Smashboards due to karmic circumstances.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I still think Crash has a great shot, and hell I could even go as far as to say he has the best shot out of any character right now, but I am much more nervous about getting too confident after what happened to Geno. I was too confident about Geno's chances to the point that to me, any other outcome sounded very unreasonable to me, and unfortunately my hype and optimism got the best of me.
Nowadays, I'm definitely trying a lot more harder to not jump the gun about things, but I do whole-heartedly expect Crash to show up. He is the only character at this point who would make Pass 2 worth it for me since Geno's deconfirmation. (I would say Waluigi, but I unfortunately think assist trophies deconfirm).

Top Bottom