• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Holy **** Calvin you're serious? Guess I'll wait for it on dvd. That's still disappointing to hear. Oh well it can't be worse than Sucker Punch anyway

Best part is when Peter jumbles up TASTSUMAKISEMPUKIN they got it absolutely right
the thing is, even though I didn't see sucker punch I can guarantee that it was better since it probably had a plot. Hanna is like the "Fantasia" of action movies. No plot, just random things put together. I mean, I guess there was a plot, but, you'll probably have to wait for the directors commentary before you know what it is.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Uh, Sucker Punch has no plot. It has nothing interesting. It has nothing funny (other than intentional laughs and the Mayor scene of course). It has no good action. It has nothing in regular speed (that's right, the whole movie's in slo mo).

So basically I'll bet you a hundred bucks that IF you ever waste your time and watch Sucker Punch you will agree that it is definitely the more awful excuse for a movie. Really man, I can't actually put into words how painful watching it was. It will always have a special place on my list of worst movies ever made. Zack Snyder also needs to be murdered at some point between now and when they start filming for Superman.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Seb your opinion of movies is way too critical.
Sucker Punch did indeed have a plot that could have been pretty interesting. They didn't really deliver it too well though. Overall I'd give it 5/10. Its enjoyable to watch and look at, just try not to follow the plot too serious lol.

Shinku

Smash Champion
thats what im saying, dont take it too serious. just look at all the pretty girls and nice explosions and enjoy.

sebs too much of a serious movie nut bad to just relax and take it

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I envy you guys for liking stupid movies. I will never understand how you can overlook all the awfulness and actually enjoy yourselves.

It's not like I'm too critical at all, I have plenty of mediocre movies that I liked. Or action flicks I REALLy enjoyed like the first Transformers.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah but you see the movies we've named had some redeeming quality to them. Some charm to their badness, something you could like even with the faults. Sucker Punch sucked all the fun and joy of being alive and literally makes me question filmmaking. It's quite funny that people think I'm too cynical when I went into the movie knowing it would be bad and was just trying to enjoy the action and have a good time anyway. That right there should tip you off how ****ing terrible it was, I was PREPARED to forgive its shortcomings and just enjoy the ride. But instead of a fun, entertaining, action packed sex romp I got a depressing, pathetic, and boring exercise in the overuse of slo mo. I can't even tell you it's good to look at, because it's not. The visuals are cool for like 20 minutes, and then it becomes repetitive and stupid. The girls are nice to look at, until they open their mouths.

Look at another movie Zack Snyder made: 300. Everyone loves that movie. I have seen it twice, I consider it to be a bad film that is enjoyable. Meaning I had a lot of fun when I saw it opening weekend, and then upon a second viewing I noticed a lot more of its flaws. Sure, it may be a bad movie, but it's fun and I can totally understand when people say they love it. It sure as hell is entertaining.

Then you look at Sucker Punch. Yeah. How did this movie get made?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hanna's only redeeming quality is that is had some really cool shots. I'm not gonna argue about which movie is worst though, especially since I haven't seen Sucker Punch. But, I will say that if I do go to see it I won't expect anything rational or normal and I'll suspend my disbelief big time after seeing the samurai with the machine gun in the commericals.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol yeah Sucker Punch is one of the worst things ever made by a human....except for the bagpipes. So you can like the movie, you know, if you're stupid.

59 MINUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Seb thinks he can direct circles around greats like Micheal Bay and Mel Gibson, silly frog.
in sebs defense, anyone can direct just as well as Michael Bay. Take Sexy Female actor, add good male actors, then add explosions, lots of explosions, and make a semi attempt at a plot then Boom you have a Michael Bay product.

Also Giant robots are not necessary but come highly recommended.

cmart

Smash Lord
The second biggest problem with Sucker Punch was the story and the way it was told. It’s almost mind boggling how complex the awfulness is.

WHO'S BEEN ****ING WITH MY MEDICINE!!??

On a related note, did you know Red Letter Media HAS reviewed Sucker Punch? It was on Half in the Bag, so not as entertaining as Plinkett, but still recommended watching.

Laijin

Smash Hero
lmao oh man, he even ruined the samurai with the mini gun. Wait till you see how that scene turns out LMFAO
Besides the fact this is where we find out that there are no consequences to these scenes, it was still cool as **** to watch

This just in, disagreeing with Seb automatically makes you stupid.
He is quoting Plinkett. I don't think he's callnig anyone stupid

Lobos

Smash Master
I finally saw inception the other night and I must say this movie is pretty good.......way better than shutter island

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
just got the tron and tron legacy blu ray...after seeing the day after feature I am so happy tron legacy happened the way it did

FLYNN LIVES!!!!!!

Top Bottom