• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Seb I wanted to let you know, I saw Sucker Punch a 2nd time last weekend so I could show a few more of my friends, and they liked it. Don't worry, for every person you convince not to see it, I'll bring 3 more!
gfsigdahuoguo'hbufjkG fuogoG GOI:IPY UO*ytUO*yt uot de;

sucker punch is the best movie of the year so far
kill yourself

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Your Highness is getting really bad reviews, I am sad. Hanna is getting some great ones so I think I'm going to see that instead. I really don't want to be disappointed by a movie like I was with Sucker Punch for a long time.

LMFAO at NKB

**** you Phil

and Troy sucked

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Seb don't be such a sheep. Do you ever disagree with the consensus, or do you just let Ebert tell you what to like?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I disagree with the consensus and yes even Ebert. Reviews are a GUIDE, they let me know what I should and shouldn't waste my money and time on. So, if like, I actually listened to my instincts and the 20% Sucker Punch has recieved on Rotten Tomatoes I would have saved myself $16.50 and 2 hours of my life and I'd be much happier today than I currently am.

Too many movies come out, most of them bad. Reviews help me sift through what is and isn't worth seeing. They allow me to see movies that I otherwise wouldn't have known about, and they ward me away from **** like Sucker Punch.

Shinku

Smash Champion
I wanna slide something back n forth between Seb's pits, hope he doesn't shave ;)
ewww, gross

Ed, you know why you are underneath Baby Doll's skirt?

Because you're a p***y.
i mean, what a place to be right? :bee:

LMFAO at NKB

**** you Phil

and Troy sucked
no hold on there partner, i really mean it when i say troy was amazing. god dammit seb you dont like anything.

i just dont think you even like america cuz yeah ill admit, its seems like evey movie that comes out is a typical american sterotype of a movie, car chases, gun shoot outs, and fights. yeahhhh. sebs a commy

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Sorry Edward, but you saying you liked Troy only further proves my point about Sucker Punch, because you liked that as well AND The Last Airbender. All three will go down in history as some of the worst movies to come out of Hollywood period.

lmfao Phil TAKE IT ITS YOURS

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
OMG continue to dance puppets!!

You entertain me so much >:D

Also... apparently someone put themselves through the torture of seeing Sucker Punch three times and liked it more each time.

aka Seb's best friend
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

thumbswayup

Smash Master
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOSE

Lobos see Hanna, I also thought Your Highness would be good but it's getting HORRIBLE reviews. Meanwhile, Hanna is getting some great buzz, def see that instead. It actually looks interesting.

Andrew hit me up on facebook chat when you get a chance

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I should really go Japan soon. Especially as it would probably be easier to get booty cause of the starving tsunami victims.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
For the love of all that is holy do not see Hanna. It is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Rotten tomatoes lied. I am not trolling.

• There is no plot, the whole thing is incoherent
  • they introduce characters that look like they're going to be important but they add nothing to the non existant plot
  • there is really cool cinematography but they use camera tricks to make things happen that just aren't possible.
    (for example, they do a 1 shot deal where the camera is following this scientist to his locker. Before he goes up to his locker it shows the whole locker room empty. He opens the door and then closes it and Hanna is standing right next to him(remember this whole thing is 1 camera shot)
  • two 12/13 year old girls kiss(Not super sexually or anything) but the whole theater went "WHHHHHHAAAA?" when it happened.(So I guess Phil is gonna go see it now)
  • one of the 12/13 year old girls makes out with a 20/22 year old looking dude
  • there are 2 or 3 questions that were actually interesting, but of course, they weren't even close to being answered.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Holy **** Calvin you're serious? Guess I'll wait for it on dvd. That's still disappointing to hear. Oh well it can't be worse than Sucker Punch anyway

Best part is when Peter jumbles up TASTSUMAKISEMPUKIN they got it absolutely right

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Yeah. I love how he pronounced the Tatsu, since it's technically Tatsumakisenpuukyaku, but in the actual game it sounds more like what Peter ululated.

Top Bottom