• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

g-regulate

Smash Hero
joe thats what MADE the movie so good, it wasnt cookie cutter romance gay

change of topic but, has anyone ever seen the Kenshin OVAs (Trust and Betrayal)?

its 4 eps, kinda like a movie, but easily the best anime ive ever seen ever.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Samurai X yes, I've seen the first two eps in that series. It was extremely violent and very good from what I remember. It's been so long and I've always meant to go back and finish it.

I'll always remember that one scene in the beginning where Kenshin's master saves him from the bandits

"Who are you?!"
"You will not live long enough to remember my name"

*brutally slices through four men at once*

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Based off the Ending with Fury asking Tony to join, would that put "The Incredible Hulk" movie taking placeat the same time as Iron Man 2 ends.

My connections are flawless

Shinku

Smash Champion
just got back from seeing iron man 2, i thought it was pretty good, even though i was staring at scarlett johnson the whole time, she does look better as a blond.

add me on 360 b!tches. shinkudrygun

Reioumu

Smash Lord
eww PS(anything) pad... **** will break apart your left thumb. It's playable, but it hurts and is overall detrimental compared to a stick.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Amazing

Do The Right Thing is one of the most powerful films I've ever seen. I had tears in my eyes when the quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X were showed at the end. Spike Lee is a visionary master, I can't believe how well composed almost all of the shots in the movie were. I also can't believe that was the first Spike Lee film (or joint lol) I've ever seen.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
So the new Nu had better be nerfed. :mad:
Lamda-11 isn't so to say "nerfed" but more balanced. She has different combos and playstyle. on average for a combo, Lambda-11 gets as much or even more than Nu-13. But those start at CLOSE range instead of long. She's still a zoning character, but gets less damage from long range. Her new combos look WAY cooler where you slam the enemy against the well by charging at them and then combing them with more swords. I actually like lambda a lot over nu.

Also, yeah... Don't play Rachel unless they buff her for console release. She's pretty much in her own tier for how garbage she is. They're hopefully going to buff her since they mentioned balance changes for the console release.

Also Lobos, that trailer was the same one sent out like a month or 2 ago :( I was hoping for something new dammit .

speak for yourself! i was FADCing ultras within days on a pad, and id never played street fighter before
I never said it was terrible for tech skill, I just said it's detrimental just due to the fact that the D-Pad will kill your thumb with extended rough use. I used to play Melty Blood on pad and it would hurt after a few hours :/... With stick, hand is never hurting and I've found a lot of things (like SRK motion) to be a lot easier.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Amazing

Do The Right Thing is one of the most powerful films I've ever seen. I had tears in my eyes when the quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X were showed at the end. Spike Lee is a visionary master, I can't believe how well composed almost all of the shots in the movie were. I also can't believe that was the first Spike Lee film (or joint lol) I've ever seen.
"yeah I'm super clean cause I roc jeans wit a white T, haters better do the right thang like Spike Lee"

HE INFLUENCED RAP

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Amazing

I found it very preachy to be honest. I get the point but a guy coming into a shop blasting music was beyond disrespectful. I was happy they killed him to be honest.

Spike lee did a good job but at the same time I felt that as a minority this is the kinda stuff we want to really stray away from. ( this is looking back on it not looking at the time it was made. Obviously the message back then meant more then today) . I think a major issue is that minorities want to get something for nothing and really try hard to get themselves noticed when they are not as good as others. I am actually against affirmative action due to the job market being so competitive. I feel that it has done its job and helped people with talent get a job but now it is used in the real world as just something to meet a quota. In society we need to just look at talent and not color or preference of lifestyle.

Sorry silly rant.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
"yeah I'm super clean cause I roc jeans wit a white T, haters better do the right thang like Spike Lee"

HE INFLUENCED RAP
LOLOL

I found it very preachy to be honest. I get the point but a guy coming into a shop blasting music was beyond disrespectful. I was happy they killed him to be honest.

Spike lee did a good job but at the same time I felt that as a minority this is the kinda stuff we want to really stray away from. ( this is looking back on it not looking at the time it was made. Obviously the message back then meant more then today) . I think a major issue is that minorities want to get something for nothing and really try hard to get themselves noticed when they are not as good as others. I am actually against affirmative action due to the job market being so competitive. I feel that it has done its job and helped people with talent get a job but now it is used in the real world as just something to meet a quota. In society we need to just look at talent and not color or preference of lifestyle.

Sorry silly rant.
Yes it was disrespectful, and at first I was glad Sal smashed his radio with the bat. But then he didn't deserve to die, not the way he did. The racial violence that erupted left everyone hurt and nobody "won" anything. This is why the quotes from King and X appear at the end, Lee wants you to decide for yourself what you think of what happened. It isn't preachy and it doesn't tell you what to think, the movie is better than that.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
So thumbs how'd you like iron crap 2?

Final Boss Fight:

I"m here to defeat you gu.....End of Movie

thumbswayup

Smash Master
LMFAO

Now now, the movie had it's faults but I liked it a lot. Mostly because I have seen SO many disappointing sequels that made me depressed that I got my hopes up. So walking in, I expected nothing from Iron Man 2 and it made me laugh throughout the movie and had some good action and some very witty dialouge. The problem with the movie is it's weak plot and villains, but everything else is actually good. It's a sequel, and it didn't disappoint. Very entertaining and fun to watch. The first movie is definitely better, but 2 still has some great moments. Plus, Scarlett Johansson.

and let's not forget that speech

Top Bottom