• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

Shinku

Smash Champion
Jiggs is another bad matchup for Falcon.

God **** it Robin Hood is getting bad reviews, looks the frost didn't make the arrow stick after all Ed.
Yeah i know, and it does seem like a gladiator 2. I was offered to go see it but if it sucks, I'll pass. It can't be worse than clash of the titans. Can it? Lol

thumbswayup

Smash Master
LOL dear god I hope not. Just thinking about it is scaring me, I DON'T want to waste my time and money tonight. **** **** ****

I have the insane urge to rewatch Die Hard, Face/Off, and The Matrix in a row. **** why don't I just do that instead of seeing ****ing Robin Hood

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Are you telling me Rufus is the best character in the game? I thought he got nerfed!

yo thumbs ima young link you to this thread of smash jokes

here
Glorious

I stumbled upon an article that claims Quentin Tarantino not only liked Superman Returns but that he was recently quoted as saying he is writing a 20-plus-page positive review of the film. I don't beleive that for a second because Superman Returns was a giant piece of **** and there's no way Tarantino would waste his time with such a thing.

holy **** it's truuuuuuue noooooooooooooooooooooooo WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Robin Hood sucked, it was Kingdom of Heaven 2 instead of Gladiator 2. So to push it out of our heads we watched two other Russell Crowe movies back to back. L.A. Confidential (which was ****ing amazing) and Gladiator. So yeah, don't see Robin Hood ever.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Seb, finally get to watch Avatar 3D
accidentally got free ticket.. LOL

D:< it was sooo ****ing amazing
Nice! About time lol

Lyndsy Fonseca - the girl who played kick-***'s girlfriend, so hot.
She was also in Hot Tub Time Machine, she's ****ing beautiful

AND I must remind all of you to NOT SEE Robin Hood EVER. Was just talking about it with one of my co-workers right now (he hated it too) and every second I hate the movie more. Waste of time and money.

But on to better things, lots of movies coming out this summer. Inception looks godlike, Prince of Persia is hit or miss, MacGruber actually... might....be.....good? I'll wait to see what the reviews say

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Life is short, it is quite impossible to see every movie ever made (unless you spend every waking moment watching them). Additionally, there a LOT more bad movies than good ones out there, why on EARTH wouldn't I want to save myself wasted time on a bad film that I could spend watching one of the many great ones I have not seen?

This isn't about preconceived notions and not forming your own opinion, it's about seeing if the film is worth going out of your way to see. I have far too many movies I want and need to see that if I had just avoided Robin Hood, I could have seen one great film in its place. I don't follow most critics, I've been reading reviews of Roger Ebert's since I was 15, he's right over 95% of the time for me (and even when he's wrong he usually has good reasons to support why). HE is the critic I wait to see reviews of, and he did indeed give a bad review of Robin Hood AND I SHOULD HAVE ****ING LISTENED.

This may not apply to people like you, who aren't obssessed with movies like I am, but if you want to see a movie that's generally hated just to see if you like it or not then go right ahead. I'd prefer not to waste my time. I don't need to see All About Steve to know it's one of the worst things ever made in this world.

The first trailer for MacGruber looked horrible, it wasn't funny and it was entirely stupid. But then the second trailer actually had some laughs in it (not all of the ones in the movie I hope), so I was confused as to how the first one was so terrible. So I will wait to see what Ebert and maybe the rest of the RT community says about it and then I will decide whether I should see it or not. I use reviews to judge whether I should see a movie or not, NOT whether it's good or bad. It's silly to assume otherwise.

Top Bottom