• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

blues

Smash Journeyman
Yea i mean brawl is good, but it didn't give me the same feeling i got when i first played ssbm/ssb64 it felt more similar to mario party/kart type of game for me as well, but ck says we'll make it more competitive so we'll see what happens =X

edit: lolz boss is too good =P

Frozen

Smash Lord
1. I don't go to tournaments anymore. In fact, I don't host tournaments now and don't see myself hosting any more--possibly ever. I'd rather play friendlies for 5 hours once a week to get my "fix".

2. DK Smash is too cool for me talk smack about.

3. You're an ******* for making that comment.

4. Anyone could beat anyone in a set. I'm sure all of us have come really close (or actually beaten) pros in sets.
Don't call me an *******, I don't appreciate that. If you were actually offended by what I said, then you're entirely too sensitive cutie.

You made a statement that DK is terrible, and I said that a DK main could probably beat you.

Calm down yo's. Be nice.

Repryx

Smash Champion
DK is definitely not bad in melee. He has the guaranteed combos that make all the good characters good.

edit: I find it interesting that most of the people who have played brawl all seem to have the same opinions about it...except for CK cuz hes a hardcore nintendo fanboy
I think people are just frustrated that they have to restart as far as playing for 7 years and now they cant do combos that they adopted that other people made to begin with.

IMO Given about 10 months in the US, people will discover combos and such and people will love the game...and Slik will find a new main.

Also IMO Brawl is more Balanced and I think people dont like it because of that...like WHAT NO SHINE COMBO? NO DSMASH 2 DSMASH? NO GRAB TO GRAB TO GRAB TO UPTILT TO FSMASH?

BTW Ive Made several combos with Pit! and Sonic! and Lucario! And FALCO!! So "No combos in Brawl" is BS Its just you have to discover them!
and M2K FOund MArth Combos...that being said he and his cheapness wont be as effective in brawl as he was in Melee

Just like I heard about Smash64....WHAT MY THROWS DONT KILL @ 50%?

Shinku

Smash Champion
so btree, i just finished school days and man, wtf!!!!!!! im like so blown on what happened. i need to find a show like that but not so messed up in the end lol

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
DK is definitely not bad in melee. He has the guaranteed combos that make all the good characters good.

edit: I find it interesting that most of the people who have played brawl all seem to have the same opinions about it...except for CK cuz hes a hardcore nintendo fanboy

oh yess im a hardcore nintendo fan >_> you treat it like everyone else is treating it Its not melee so i cant do all my cool stuff i learned! waahh wahh wahhhh :cry::cry::cry:

Guess what melee wasnt this advance when it first came out... why? because we didnt know about wavedash or shffl or stuff like that but then it evolved into what it is now you cant just say oh brawl sucks no combos >_> there is combos just in a different way. you obviously have one way at looking at it but if you want to take the opinions of others and close your mind to that One way of looking at it then fine go ahead : p

oh and furthermore everyone is not even in Brawl those who have played Melee to a tournament level will prolly Beat those people who havent since there mindgames are far more ahead :o

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I think people are just frustrated that they have to restart as far as playing for 7 years and now they cant do combos that they adopted that other people made to begin with.

IMO Given about 10 months in the US, people will discover combos and such and people will love the game...and Slik will find a new main.

Also IMO Brawl is more Balanced and I think people dont like it because of that...like WHAT NO SHINE COMBO? NO DSMASH 2 DSMASH? NO GRAB TO GRAB TO GRAB TO UPTILT TO FSMASH?

BTW Ive Made several combos with Pit! and Sonic! and Lucario! And FALCO!! So "No combos in Brawl" is BS Its just you have to discover them!
and M2K FOund MArth Combos...that being said he and his cheapness wont be as effective in brawl as he was in Melee

Just like I heard about Smash64....WHAT MY THROWS DONT KILL @ 50%?
Every random reason of why you think I'm disappointed with the game is wrong. Repryx, I really don't care about my main. btw you do realize peach is still good in brawl...right? I will agree with you that its more balanced which is good. The game is mad fun to play. However, all the changes made were to make the easier to play. The game was already easy to play...

shallower gameplay does not equal more depth. i currently have a decent amount of hours with brawl. mm?

Repryx

Smash Champion
chaosknight ftw! U speak the truth my friend....BTW I LEGITIMATLY beat KC in one Set! IM Getting better!

Slik Vik...March 15th @ C3 sure! $5 I gotta get a ride....

all this being said I think its just as in depth because of the stale move negation's Knockback decrease....Playin reqires more thinking rather than second naturing a bunch of techniques....this being said advanced techniques will be discovered

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
sure Mm slikvik dont think i havent played brawl either lol

oh i tihnk that was directed at Repryx my bad slik but do you still wanna MM ? lol

slikvik

Smash Master
oh yess im a hardcore nintendo fan >_> you treat it like everyone else is treating it Its not melee so i cant do all my cool stuff i learned! waahh wahh wahhhh :cry::cry::cry:
lol, you sound like a stereotypical brawl noob

Guess what melee wasnt this advance when it first came out... why? because we didnt know about wavedash or shffl or stuff like that but then it evolved into what it is now you cant just say oh brawl sucks no combos >_> there is combos just in a different way. you obviously have one way at looking at it but if you want to take the opinions of others and close your mind to that One way of looking at it then fine go ahead : p
no L-cancel plus floatier physics means less combos. its obvious...lol idc about wavedashing. look at the character i play. also, you seem to think im spoonfed opinions. a bunch of players in NJ have the game. I've logged in enough hours with brawl to formulate my own opinions...

oh and furthermore everyone is not even in Brawl those who have played Melee to a tournament level will prolly Beat those people who havent since there mindgames are far more ahead :o
This is obvious.

B-Tree. Go ahead and rename this thread Brawlmore

edit: No CockyKnight. I challenged repryx because he is a noob

Repryx

Smash Champion
Slikvik Repryx is not a Noob....Just cuz Ive played the game several less years than you....This being said C3 March 15th....BTW Slikvik UR MEAN!!!!

J________E________R________K!

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I'm having a Brawl party March 9'th at my house.

Who wants to come?
I'm interested in attending unless there are more than 4 people there.

edit: btw no offense with the comment I made earlier, and no offense taken from you.

p.s. I won almost every game against DK Smash at Pound 3. He still has a really good DK though, so props to him for that.

slikvik

Smash Master
Slikvik Repryx is not a Noob....Just cuz Ive played the game several less years than you....This being said C3 March 15th....BTW Slikvik UR MEAN!!!!

J________E________R________K!
Well, my first tournament was last march, less than a year ago. I played the game when it first came out for a couple months, then put it down. Picked it up casually in college, playing with items and stuff. First tournament I do ok in singles and place 7th in teams. Maybe I'm just more talented?

Yep, Im a **** online repryx. March 15th... iono.First theres a random venue fee hike. Having to pay for pretty much all of my college tuition put me in a bad spot financially. Tournaments up north are less than half the price of C3s

Frozen

Smash Lord
I love how I can just blatantly call another guy a cutie and get away with it these days, with no (expressed) accusations of homosexuality.

In other news, yeah my room comfortably fits 4 people. That's about how many i'm shooting for here. Oh, and no blacks.

Edit: Because some person who doesn't know me is going to take that seriously, it's a joke. But if you don't know me you're not coming anyway....so.....yeah....:ohwell:

<3

****, I posted 4 times tonight. I'm like a Repryx, of sorts.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I love how I can just blatantly call another guy a cutie and get away with it these days, with no (expressed) accusations of homosexuality.

In other news, yeah my room comfortably fits 4 people. That's about how many i'm shooting for here. Oh, and no blacks.

Edit: Because some person who doesn't know me is going to take that seriously, it's a joke. But if you don't know me you're not coming anyway....so.....yeah....:ohwell:

<3

Geez WTF? back on ther "Repryx spam thing" Again? Id say you were more of a Frozen personally.

and Slik Yeah Ur a **** Im gonna Lift weight and Eat steaks Like Hova and kick ur @$$!

This all being said...who named the thread last?

And Im Definitly going to Morgan....at least 4 two years...

Slik Peach is Stupid....Sign my Sticks???

"Imma take Peach outta the Palace and put her on Skid Row"

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord

<3

Homo :chuckle:

Edit: 10 chars and brawl is to gewd

slikvik

Smash Master
Geez WTF? back on ther "Repryx spam thing" Again? Id say you were more of a Frozen personally.

and Slik Yeah Ur a **** Im gonna Lift weight and Eat steaks Like Hova and kick ur @$$!

This all being said...who named the thread last?

And Im Definitly going to Morgan....at least 4 two years...

Slik Peach is Stupid....Sign my Sticks???

"Imma take Peach outta the Palace and put her on Skid Row"
Repryx, im quitting peach...you talk about peach more than I ever did. I dont even like my main. I was just unfortunate enough to be good with her

Repryx

Smash Champion
Repryx, im quitting peach...you talk about peach more than I ever did. I dont even like my main. I was just unfortunate enough to be good with her
geez dont get upset I was just saying **** to be an @$$ cuz in the same sentence I was asking you to sign my sticks.,...seriously I want u to sign my sticks though.

Frozen

Smash Lord
I'm maining Olimar in Brawl. He's the kind of guy I see eye to eye with.

Also, the thing I'm most looking forward to in Brawl is seeing how Ron is going to make puns off all these new character names and abilities.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
so btree, i just finished school days and man, wtf!!!!!!! im like so blown on what happened. i need to find a show like that but not so messed up in the end lol
Yeeeaahh lol I told you that ending is ****ed up. You know they took that episode off of Japanese tv and replaced it with a picture of a boat. >.>

But if you want something like School Days but not so mind blowing, I can't exactly think of anything right now.

Top Bottom