• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Kima ga nozmu eien is not as mind blowing as School days :p if anyone hasnt saw that anime of course : o which i guess most have

And yes school days was surprising : p i think i told btree about it lol or was it meep (he had already seen it if i remember correctly)

Frozen

Smash Lord
yea he is too good gimpy recovery though =(
Yeah, cause I've never played a character with a gimpy recovery before >.<

Seriously though, I'm a big fan of Olimar. I really like his politics. I'm going to play him as strictly as I used to play Falcon....up until the end (aka now) when I was playing Fox.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I'm taking the opposite route with brawl. I plan to use about half the cast well. The only reason I decided to stick with one character for tournaments was because I entered the scene too late.

lol at what they did to falcon frozen. his raptor boost, an obvious juggling move, doesnt even combo wtf. enjoy mainin olimar

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Kima ga nozmu eien is not as mind blowing as School days :p if anyone hasnt saw that anime of course : o which i guess most have

And yes school days was surprising : p i think i told btree about it lol or was it meep (he had already seen it if i remember correctly)
Yeah it was probably meep, though you may have mentioned it in here before. I think KitsuneKing brought it to my attention originally.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
CK you told EVERYONE about school days lol. couldnt get you to shut up about it. strange though cause another one of my friends says that kimi show is one of his favs. guess its school days then kimi after i finish cowboy bebop :p

Frozen

Smash Lord
lol at what they did to falcon frozen. his raptor boost, an obvious juggling move, doesnt even combo wtf. enjoy mainin olimar
Actually man I was kind of impressed with Falcon, he seems alright based on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrMmsMb_8xA

It looks like you can raptor boost ---> Knee
and
Good ol' down throw ---> knee

Granted everything done in that video was against computers, and I don't know how their DI works and such, but falcon looks pretty solid. Most importantly his recovery is much better. It's quicker, has a much further reach, and will instantly grab platforms.

Obviously falcon won't be Nairing and Uairing people across FD anymore, but he's got a few good things going for him.

But **** Falcon, Olimar's where it's at.

slikvik

Smash Master
Actually man I was kind of impressed with Falcon, he seems alright based on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrMmsMb_8xA

It looks like you can raptor boost ---> Knee
and
Good ol' down throw ---> knee

Granted everything done in that video was against computers, and I don't know how their DI works and such, but falcon looks pretty solid. Most importantly his recovery is much better. It's quicker, has a much further reach, and will instantly grab platforms.

Obviously falcon won't be Nairing and Uairing people across FD anymore, but he's got a few good things going for him.

But **** Falcon, Olimar's where it's at.
I would get more into debating about brawl falcon, but i'm tired. none of those combos will work on a person tho. nothing leads into a knee in this game

lol, everyone agrees that olimars a pimp

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I was in the game room today getting ready to play smash and enter a no-prize tourney just for fun. I set up my cube on the big screen and walk away to get a memory card from another person. I look over and see some guy using my controller (first thing I noticed) and ****** a cpu dk with fox (second thing I notice 1 sec later). He's doing all this technical stuff, SHFFL nsht... and looking rapish. so I walk up and say, "you're not from UMBC, are you?" He goes, "no". I was like, "Are you on smashboards?" He says, "Yeah. I'm ...ow" (I missed it the first time). He 3 or 4 stocks my marth in a ditto. I ask him, "Who do you play with?" He replies, "Mew2king, Cactuar, and others". ...................... What's your name again? "UmbreonMow"

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH no wonder I got *****. He just happened to be at UMBC the one night I am there besides Thursday and Tuesday night.

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
brawl is fun to play...but then again so is mario party

DK smash: DK got nerfed in brawl
in some ways...but better in others...I.E. his donkey kick has better range his F-Smash has better range, his up B makes him go farther and some of his moves (like the headbutt) are now better for killing off people

2. DK Smash is too cool for me talk smack about.

haha! thanks!! :laugh:

I think people are just frustrated that they have to restart as far as playing for 7 years and now they cant do combos that they adopted that other people made to begin with.

IMO Given about 10 months in the US, people will discover combos and such and people will love the game...and Slik will find a new main.

Also IMO Brawl is more Balanced and I think people dont like it because of that...like WHAT NO SHINE COMBO? NO DSMASH 2 DSMASH? NO GRAB TO GRAB TO GRAB TO UPTILT TO FSMASH?

BTW Ive Made several combos with Pit! and Sonic! and Lucario! And FALCO!! So "No combos in Brawl" is BS Its just you have to discover them!
and M2K FOund MArth Combos...that being said he and his cheapness wont be as effective in brawl as he was in Melee

Just like I heard about Smash64....WHAT MY THROWS DONT KILL @ 50%?
i love you Repryx...

no L-cancel plus floatier physics means less combos. its obvious...
no...it means new, different combos...
and...we gotta get more melee matches next time dude! i love playin ur peach! shes too fast

I'm interested in attending unless there are more than 4 people there.

edit: btw no offense with the comment I made earlier, and no offense taken from you.

p.s. I won almost every game against DK Smash at Pound 3. He still has a really good DK though, so props to him for that.
wut the hell dude...i dont think u won a single game against me...MAYBE one...i can beat u 9 out of 10 times
im not trying to gloat but dont say im good and u respect me and then turn around and disrespect me like that. not cool.

I'm maining Olimar in Brawl. He's the kind of guy I see eye to eye with.

Also, the thing I'm most looking forward to in Brawl is seeing how Ron is going to make puns off all these new character names and abilities.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! thats gonna be priceless....i love his Puns...he is the king of them, except for plairnk who made the best one ever....

I'll main Marth cause I don't wanna be cheap.
LOL...isnt that like...contradiction or something?

HEY ALL IM GOIN TO C3! who needs rides? gas contributions needed...just like last time i fill up first then fill up when we get back and you split the cost for gas evenly. except for me cause im driving and you *******s get to sleep n **** the whole time lol.

slikvik

Smash Master
no...it means new, different combos...
and...we gotta get more melee matches next time dude! i love playin ur peach! shes too fast
well, theres what you quoted plus the fact that less hitstun on attacks. This allows you to airdodge or nair out of combos much easier than in melee even with bad DI(DI is easier in this game too). Combos simply won't be as prevalent as in melee. I'm pointing out issues with the game engine itself. Im not trying to be pessimistic...well actually i am kinda. debating is too fun

yea, next time. your monkey catches me off guard everytime i think i'm controlling the match with some crazy ape ****

0kin

Smash Journeyman
bmores i have free house this from today till sunday night, if u guys could find a way to silver spring im thinkin of throwin brawl fest fer those who arent goin to c3 or chusan ****.

hova

Smash Champion
i played brawl and agree with a lot of what slik is saying, it's so easy to jump out of combos and also hard as crap to kill people.

i need to play some more, but this game is definitely no melee and will take a lot of time to get used to and develop

although it is much simpler on the surface

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^ On the Surface.....Hova y Falco requests a ditto b4 brawl hits america...I gotta see If Ive gotten good enough 2 beat u yet..

-Ciao(gosh I love my Sig)

Repryx

Smash Champion
My Silver ones! Im getting everyone to sign them.... In anycase "What argument can you raise other than its not Melee?" I can say that this whole "I dont like it cuz its not the last game" bit has been disproven before...so theirs my argument as well. Also I can say that there is no more of this

Repryx vs. M2K

M2k-*grab* Hey Repryx wanna walk down to five guys and grab me a sandwich? this is gonna take a while

Repryx-*sigh* sure why not *walks to five guys and retrives sandwiches and returns* Ahh I see you are finaly done with that stock...*picks up the sticks and gts grabbed again so he puts them down and eats his sandwich*

^you get the Idea

-Ciao

slikvik

Smash Master
My Silver ones! Im getting everyone to sign them.... In anycase "What argument can you raise other than its not Melee?" I can say that this whole "I dont like it cuz its not the last game" bit has been disproven before...so theirs my argument as well. Also I can say that there is no more of this

Repryx vs. M2K

M2k-*grab* Hey Repryx wanna walk down to five guys and grab me a sandwich? this is gonna take a while

Repryx-*sigh* sure why not *walks to five guys and retrives sandwiches and returns* Ahh I see you are finaly done with that stock...*picks up the sticks and gts grabbed again so he puts them down and eats his sandwich*

^you get the Idea

-Ciao
all i see is that you hate marth
(and chaingrabbing). you and everybody else. i hate him in brawl too. try responding to my post yesterday

Lobos

Smash Master
bmores i have free house this from today till sunday night, if u guys could find a way to silver spring im thinkin of throwin brawl fest fer those who arent goin to c3 or chusan ****.
Hey I wouldn't mind coming over for some brawl since I'm free. When is good time? I could come tonight!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm not going to c3, I'm working. I could've told my boss no, but he looked really pathetic when he asked me if I could come in tomorrow.

0kin - I am intrigued. Though I'm not going anywhere I think.

Repryx

Smash Champion
OKin I should like to attend tomorrow....Thumbs no Im not going to anymore tourneys till brawl...

1. Its too cold
2. I suck lolz
3. Everyone knows I suck
4. Ron thinks Im ugly
5. the Real reason I dont have a ride and I dont feel like paying $18 bucks rite now

-Ciao

Ghostype

Smash Champion
OKin I should like to attend tomorrow....Thumbs no Im not going to anymore tourneys till brawl...

1. Its too cold
2. I suck lolz
3. Everyone knows I suck
4. Ron thinks Im ugly
5. the Real reason I dont have a ride and I dont feel like paying $18 bucks rite now

-Ciao
Goof Troop looking mother****er.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
all i see is that you hate marth
(and chaingrabbing). you and everybody else. i hate him in brawl too. try responding to my post yesterday
OMG I LOVE MARTH!!!1

Everyone in Bmore knows that I fantasize about marth all the time. :p

Seriously, marth is my fav character. I'm not emotionally attached to any of the other characters since I played like 0 nintendo games. I started playing marth cause I saw Ken play him on youtube before I even got the game. I can't put marth down.

Repryx

Smash Champion
What Ciao??? Im saying it cuz of my Dimentio Sig....and it beats saying Bye

PHEAR THE ANGEL OF CRUXIS

-Ciao

Top Bottom