• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Balance Tournament(Sunday July the 13th)

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
And...we have a release date!! And what a troublesome release date it is for us Europeans, 2008. I clearly hope that we won't have to wait another six months for a Smash Bros. game, just like with SSBM. I seriously am doubting right now which version I should buy, the NTSC version or the PAL version. Do they really, really have to put translations for German, French, Spanish and Italian people again? Or perhaps will they tweak the game from it's NTSC brother, just like Nintendo/HAL did with SSBM?

I am sad if they will announce that SSBB won't get here until May 2008, but knowing you guys a bit better by now, some of you will definitely import the NTSC version right away, I guess some of the people I am talking about are Mr.Silver, Rune and Guido. So, there is a high chance that this time, I will buy the NTSC version. But I am curious about you guys. Which version will you buy in the ultimate end?

On a side note, it is now more confusing for me when my tournament will happen. Will it be 2007 or 2008? Who knows...

Your smashing gamer, Flok

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Well it's cool to import sure... but you can't play it on a European Wii >_>
You should probably restart the registration list btw, when a releasedate is announced.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Obviously we shouldn't be doing NTSC tournaments, and we sure as hell shouldn't be using NTSC games once the PAL version is out. There WILL probably be some tweaks and changes, considering the difference in release date, so for legitimate tourneys only one version should be used (and that obviously has to be the PAL version, since there's no way everyone can import US versions XD)

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's right, I completely forgot that Freeloader does not exist on the Wii yet, I am talking about playing American or Japanese games on your PAL Wii then. Then, I will pretty much have no choice but to buy the PAL version. I just don't wait to wait too long, and know every secret of the game already, by looking at Smashboards when it's out in America.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
*random n00bie question*
Is SSBB going to be online or not?
Or is it still a big fat question mark? (I haven't exactly been following the smashbros website)

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Because if its going to be online there won't be a difference between NTSC and PAL unless they won't support Europe vs America/Japan (wich I'm sure they will).

So basically, if its going to be online I'm buying the American/Japanese version because it won't be any different and even if it will I'd like to play the americans and japanese so I'd need their version.

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Probarly there going to do the PAL much later, due to the German and stuff. That's kinda sucky, we have to wait more, let the others also that late or something.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I hope everyone realises that even one frame of lag makes it gay to play it online on a competitive level.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, there is no way we're using NTSC in tournament play. Even if there aren't any major differences there could be minor changes that we aren't aware of.

Also, when it comes to tournament play, mixing NTSC and PAL consoles/discs is gonna be hell.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still, the issue with tournament play is that all versions should be exactly identical, so mixing NTSC and PAL games would be a bad idea, regardless of any actual in-game differences.
Also, going all NTSC isn't a viable option, seeing as most gamers aren't interested in importing NTSC consoles/games. Also, sponsoring a tournament that uses games which aren't sanctioned by Nintendo of Europe would be kinda odd.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
LOL.

Hm, it's pretty sad if it's all true. The Kishes made some good points in the MBR though, so my guess is that it's at least partly exaggerated. The 0C3 crew does have a few things to explain though...

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Another update, this time regarding the location of where to host my tournament, once again I ask to you guys, what would be ideal to most of us? The first time I asked this I had money problems, but that is now absolutely not the case anymore. Please help me out with this question, and if possible, I would like to visit this location first and check the surroundings.

Smash Bros Dojo updates have been great almost everytime, don't you guys think? Secretly and personally the updates I want to see the most are Captain Falcon, Mr.Game & Watch and Mega Man as playable characters(and then SSBB would feel complete for me, hence I wouldn't need anything else in the game), but I am really glad with a lot of the updates of SSBB already.

Oh and for the people who signed up but are not on the list yet, don't worry, I will update the list once we get closer to the European SSBB release date.

Exalador

Smash Lord
might be a fun idea for me to host one as well (also a small one, like ZESThome) to accomodate (some of) the people that cant come to this (because its full) might be fun to see if there are different conclusions of tiers etc between the 2 tourneys etc. from what ive read so far the point of this tourney is also to determine the rules etc... what are you gonna do as ground rules?

Exalador

Smash Lord
okok.. well no need discussing that here... and nothing is certain yet.... just throwing some thoughts out there to try and accomodate people that can't come to floks tourney might there be an entry limit.

Jingle

Smash Rookie
Please put me on a list as well! Doing a tournament when the game's just fresh seems like a lot of fun!

Someone said it'd be good if someone else opened his house for a second simultaneous tournament. I second that notion!!! Everyone should be able to play.

Perhaps I can open my house. I'd need to know the date, have my parents' permission and the help of this community to make it professional(ish) and complete.

greets,
Jingle

Jingle

Smash Rookie
Yes, it would. I live in the glorious country of the Netherlands, where my parents have a house in the village Nieuwerkerk a/d IJssel. It's just a bycicle trip north-east away from Rotterdam.

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
Welcome aboard then ;)
Ik zoek wel ff op Google Earth waar dat precies it :p
There currently isn't a known date. How many people can you host, actually? (assuming your parents would let you)

Top Bottom