• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
because there are so freakin many Falcos in my region.

Japan da bes for Falco region.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Japan > Atl North > WC [+Mexico] when it comes to Falco imo.

This character is really gay cool. Might use him in tourney soon.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The whole of Japan has approximately the same size as like Germany XD
Atl North and WC [+Mexico] are bigger than Japan

:059:

The population density is much higher and Japan too is split into various regions. Its a bit odd to think that there are not regions in Japan that contain better players than others.

All combo videos are inherently sucky, but I liked a few things in this video. Even though I liked the Falco tech jumping two spike attempts. That's cool to see. And around 30 seconds of nothing except jab -> clank, etc. at the end.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Socal only plays tijuana mexico. we play vegas during regional events. In terms of square milage we probably aren't much bigger than new jersey if at all.
It is unfair to compare socal to ALL of japan.

And don't lump the rest of wc with us. We rarely play each other except like vegas every other month.

:phone:

I am not posting anything because I can't give anything insightful that I feel confident about. The only thing I'd do is theorize what one should do and check with others what they think about it.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
My laptop has died QQ. Dunno if I want to get it repaired or just use this opportunity to make a desktop. Opinions? Also my activity level in the Skype chat will be non-existent not that the place is active anyway though

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
In all honesty, all four "commandments" are ****ing dumb. Three of them (2-4) are just stupid and 1 is a given, and those who disobey get punished.

Alsooo
the list of the 'Falco community' is both unnecessary and inaccurate.

Exclusion Clause
Shun all feelings of douchebaggery (aka debauchery).

Well, as a recent tread, I'll likely be seeing this as the last post made for quite sometime. Someone should bring up some random aspect of their life and actually get into a discussion about w/e.

Does anyone cook or something.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Dunno I asked about computer help but nobody seems to care enough to respond. Has anybody built a desktop before? Let's start with that.

Also cooking, I don't really cook. I mean I have helped out in a kitchen before but couldn't really make anything by myself. The best I can do is like fried rice and ramen noodles.

I merely have no advice to offer about computers. Although, from the people I have talked too its usually cheaper in the long run to get a tower and update it over the years rather than simply getting a new computer each time. Are there laptops which are easily customized? That would be really useful.

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
anyone know how to shoot the lazers in the double form? I always have lag after just hitting B, and it annoys me!

Time it Pelca.

In another year, Hogan will have more posts than Mic who's been at it since '02.

Anyone have any requests for something to test out with Falco or any character? I'll be having some time shortly to play around again with it.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Time it Pelca.

In another year, Hogan will have more posts than Mic who's been at it since '02.

Anyone have any requests for something to test out with Falco or any character? I'll be having some time shortly to play around again with it.
Do you know if Skid cancels can increase cgs on some characters?

Offhand, I want to say it would only tighten the amount of space Falco needs to move for his CG and not extend the amount of grabs he could get. Eventually, characters will take enough knock-back where they can DI out and that depends on decay and percentage.

But, I want to check to be sure.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
How stale does d-throw have to be before it doesn't have enough frame advantage to cg marth from 0%?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So sleepy. Updating the results thread tomorrow, someone bother me so I remember.

Grats, Xeylode.

@Cross - Boost grab him. I'm PRETTY SURE that he can Up-B out of a normal chain grab unless he's at 0 and your throw is completely fresh. That or I ****ed up an input badly earlier today.

If I fail a CG against Marth, I blame not being fast enough. CG stuff has been on my list of stuff to do over the break in about a couple weeks.

Sort of wish I could add to that results page, but this is such a dead region for Brawl.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Congrats on being a mod now xeylode

@ryker: I know that in general boost grab works, but I just wonder if there is ever a point where grab isn't guaranteed like would a fully stales d-throw chain into another grab at 0?

Also random and sort of off-topic but I recently got to play a couple of friendlies against a decent IC's main and I think the Falco IC mu isn't as bad as it is perceived to be

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Nah my post rate is a lot lower than it was in SWF's busier years, and Mic's is relatively stable so unless he retires I'm basically gonna be stuck at 2nd and him at 1st.

Not that I care tbh, I'm surprised I have this many posts when I could swear other people post more.

BUT YA KNOW SOMETHIN' MEAN GENE?

XEYLODE WAS READY FOR THE MAIN EVENT BROTHER AND THAT'S WHY HE WAS ELEVATED TO THAT STATUS.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
@Cross : it's not that bad, it's just that ICs counter very simply laser, phantasm and CGs, which are like 3/4 of Falco's best options.

@Xeylode : can you tell me what frame advantage on hit do jab1 cancel and jab2 cancel give ?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also random and sort of off-topic but I recently got to play a couple of friendlies against a decent IC's main and I think the Falco IC mu isn't as bad as it is perceived to be

I watched Kismet beat an ICs in loser's finals yesterday and I'm still convinced that it's ****ing terrible.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
@Cross : it's not that bad, it's just that ICs counter very simply laser, phantasm and CGs, which are like 3/4 of Falco's best options.
Not quite sure how they counter laser and phantasm. I know their utilt shuts down phantasm, but it has to be a good read for them to just throw it out there. If you find yourself getting hit by that move, then imo it means your phantasm habits need to be fixed/you need to stop relying on phantasm. Also don't really understand how they counter laser.

CG isn't necessary in this MU. Grab is still a good option and probably the only reason I believe the MU is still decent. The main reason my opinion started to change about this MU is because I found out that b-throw will still separate the IC's even if the other one hits you with an attack. The initial throw still separates the IC's even if the other one hits you before the lasers come out and the knockback on the b-throw is decent enough that you can still capitalize on their separation. Granted b-throw isn't a good option at high%'s b/c you can die if you get hit, but at lower %'s you're golden. I would love to trade a hit from a solo climber, recover from hitstun, then 0-death nana which is much easier for Falco given how good his spike is.

Also I don't believe that platform camping is the way to go for this MU. For example, on BF I believe that you should use platforms to supplement your keep away game as Falco, but you shouldn't straight up platform camp, because frankly you're severely limiting the amount of options you have to damage them which in turn means you have to approach them. In general, IC's lose to Falco in terms of camping, so just like any other character that can't outcamp us, they have to get past lasers. I'm not aware of any easy way an IC's can get in outside of a read, and from my knowledge, their low traction makes their shield almost as bad as Luigi's. Then again, I haven't played any top IC's in a serious set, so I'm probably wrong on many things.

Honestly the one thing I really like about this MU is that I feel like I'm playing melee when I get to combo nana into an offstage spike :awesome: Now please correct my ignorance people.

Top Bottom