• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I think about my girlfriend during tourney, she's actually my main mental support cuz I bring her with me, lol.

Honestly, nerves and stress REALLY get to me. Last tournament in teams for 4th place it all got to me to the point that my eyes started to tear, it was bad for me (then again, I'm used to it, it has to do with panic attacks I used to get when I was young, it's basicly just a relapse), but during matches I didn't have any stress/nerves, and whenever I did have them after matches it got instantly solved by taking a break with my girlfriend and my best friend (both are smashers, lucky me). I also didn't eat too much between matches, if you have that feeling of having to go to the toilet it only makes you MORE nervous, I did eat enough so that my brain has enough resources (even though it lacked in my last set of the tourney, but w/e, johns).
Also, listen to fast-paced music while playing ^-^

Kasper!

Smash Lord
I think about my girlfriend during tourney, she's actually my main mental support cuz I bring her with me, lol.

Honestly, nerves and stress REALLY get to me. Last tournament in teams for 4th place it all got to me to the point that my eyes started to tear, it was bad for me (then again, I'm used to it, it has to do with panic attacks I used to get when I was young, it's basicly just a relapse), but during matches I didn't have any stress/nerves, and whenever I did have them after matches it got instantly solved by taking a break with my girlfriend and my best friend (both are smashers, lucky me). I also didn't eat too much between matches, if you have that feeling of having to go to the toilet it only makes you MORE nervous, I did eat enough so that my brain has enough resources (even though it lacked in my last set of the tourney, but w/e, johns).
Also, listen to fast-paced music while playing ^-^
ill try music next time, i remembered once i tried it but i kept getting distracted by the music lmao.

maybe ill train with the music on xD

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
u obv haven't read hug$'s blog on aib then =PPP.

but either way, try playing with many different people as possible, play with your smash friends, ask them if you can play it as if it's a tourney set (MMs or not, the purpose is to adapt to a regular tourney setting )

but for me, when i go to a tourney, my mindset is just **** every1, and freestyle on them and make sure u get sexy combos worthy for ur next combo video

that's just me tho *shrug* :D

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I get really nervous in tournaments too. At Bushido I choked pretty badly after 4 of my pool games and lost all of the remaining ones.

I never tried music before. Maybe it helps.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My performance just plummets after about 1 hour of constant play.

By the end of the day, I can't even SHL consistently I get so spaced out, it's actually quite pathetic.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You guys should be ashamed I beat any of you tbh.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hoe4u and that Baronmack dude.

**** was gay man I lost to Andy and Cloud. Kinda like last time but instead of Cloud it was JMiller at GT2.

Hoe4u and that Baronmack dude.

**** was gay man I lost to Andy and Cloud. Kinda like last time but instead of Cloud it was JMiller at GT2.
Good stuff beating Hoe4u, and lol baronmack xD.

Were your matches with Andy close at all?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Good stuff beating Hoe4u, and lol baronmack xD.

Were your matches with Andy close at all?
First one was to last stock, 2nd match I got destroyed. He got the CG to spike. D:

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
My performance just plummets after about 1 hour of constant play.

By the end of the day, I can't even SHL consistently I get so spaced out, it's actually quite pathetic.
im smelling them johns.

at least u dun fill pots like me quickly in 09 =D

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11226266&postcount=28

=D <3 but step it up bro!

i've discovered my inner falco.
when was this ?

i discovered mine, like after freestyling on people so much

i lost track of my inner falco after that =D

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

HotWings

Smash Ace
What the heck... i was fighting a level 3 cpu link with my falco and the link actually started dashdancing... have any of you ever seen a level 3 of for that matter any cpu do this? lol.

Oh and i honestly think that im the only brawl player out that there actually dashdances. I loved doing it in melee so why stop in brawl.. i dont mind tripping sometimes xD

HotWings

Smash Ace
IKR lol. I love DD its like so unexpected lol. Only thing is when i DD and trip and i get punished for it but.. DD is like totally worth it though ^^

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
What the heck... i was fighting a level 3 cpu link with my falco and the link actually started dashdancing... have any of you ever seen a level 3 of for that matter any cpu do this? lol.

Oh and i honestly think that im the only brawl player out that there actually dashdances. I loved doing it in melee so why stop in brawl.. i dont mind tripping sometimes xD
This makes me wonder about if CPU can learn. I've read several times that they can't but they always seem to mimic some crap. Like i would repeatedly crouch as a pseudo-taunt and then i started seeing CPU doing that. Or my falcon keeps spamming falcon punch after i do friendlies.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Yeah ive noticed this also. I DD like a min or so before he did and then he started up.. but we all know im a much better DD than link lol. Falco is just smexy when he dances hahaha

omega zero

Smash Cadet
Lol @ Falco's expression. He looks so bored and pissed, I guess typical gunfights aren't intense enough for him.

Very nice artwork overall though.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Falco makes that face because he knows that the one covering them in the arwing is Slippy.
I wouldn't want having Slippy watching my back either.

Top Bottom