• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I'll go to say bye to all of you guys, but I'm not there to prove myself to anyone. I might play a few games. I really appreciate the kind of community we have here; you should see the UK thread lol it's horrid.

Dieslow: we did it buddy. See you guys on Saturday... hopefully early.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Hey there guys,

Random Irish person here. I'm going to be in Vancouver next week for a two week duration, and I was wondering if there was any Smash events or get togethers I could drop in on while I'm there.

Any PMs with info would be greatly appreciated.

I really appreciate the kind of community we have here; you should see the UK thread lol it's horrid.
At least you're not neighbours with them :urg:

Patooty

Smash Ace
cya 'round Manuel.

Remember, there's always time for fun. Get the **** that you want done, but make time for fun too. This coming from someone who did a 75 hr+ marathon session for an assignment for school.

have fun!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Look at me Manli!

In the last 4 months, I've played 3 times at tourneys (MOST1/MOST2/CAST4) 4 times with 3-5 other smashers at my house and once every couple weeks with my bro.

That's like IT! No more and no less.

Pretty much you could say I've dropped the game completely because of how little I play, but you could say that about me every year for ever and ever because it simply doesn't take much of my time. I still play it when I can though.

Have your priorities straight (mine has work, music, family and a few other things before smash) but there is always time for smash and it is always good to play smash when you want to. Don't just force yourself to not play. Do what you want when you want and have fun with what you do. Take the time for it.

We're on this planet to have fun. It's the only reason we don't all just kill ourselves. Why would be still be here if life wasn't fun? As long as you're having fun you're doing well, smash just happens to be fun. So have fun with it when you want, it's good for you really, however odd that sounds. Just come out to major things instead of committing every weekend and several weekdays to it. Life is long and hectic, it's good like that ;D

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Aw Manuel quitting :( To be honest, I don't hate Melee. If I were to rank the games I'd go Melee > Brawl > 64 (sorry guys, can't take that framerate). What I say at tournaments is just for fun. I do think Brawl doesn't suck though. Didn't live up to expectations, but still a solid game.

I probably won't be attending many tournaments at all after TS2 either though. Not even sure if I'm going to compete much in TS2. I haven't played Smash outside tournaments in a while now. School + Work + when I do have time I'd rather be playing a variety of other games. I do want to get into the games media so I want to have some breadth and I just enjoy a lot of different games and discussing games.

Metà

Smash Master
It does make sense to see a lot of the veteran smashers leaving, as most of us are going to university now, and the time will come for me to hang up the controller soon too. I just wonder what will happen to the community, like, will the younger smashers take up the role that we once did? What's going to happen once all the good Melee players quit, will we have a lively Brawl scene? Just something I've been thinking about, not that it's terrible either way or anything.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
I'll try not to sound terribly out of place here guys, but this thread sounds fairly depressing.

I'm 25, I've done the university thing, and I've come out the other side. Gotten my own place and moved away from most of the people I know.

I can appreciate people quitting Smash because they feel they won't have the time for it with other commitments, but being honest with you, as you get older, you don't keep very many hobbies, and as your life and those of your friends get busier, it's harder and harder to schedule a group of people together in a room to play some games. If it's still possible for you to HAVE gaming sessions with a bunch of your friends (even if you don't think you have the time) you're bloody lucky.

So while you all have the opportunity to just hang out and play some Smash, I seriously encourage you all to avail of it; because as you get older, life will naturally make it more difficult to do so. You don't need to quit it, but you should try your best to make SOME time for it.

So personally the only time I can play Smash with people is when I make the trip to visit my hometown, or at tournaments (which I book the time off for, because I really enjoy them).

That's why I was asking if there's anything going on in Vancouver while I'm there, it doesn't even need to be anything official, I just don't often get the chance to play anymore these days, but I like to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves...

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
In that order? XD ? thats just messed man!
not in that order no XD

It does make sense to see a lot of the veteran smashers leaving, as most of us are going to university now, and the time will come for me to hang up the controller soon too. I just wonder what will happen to the community, like, will the younger smashers take up the role that we once did? What's going to happen once all the good Melee players quit, will we have a lively Brawl scene? Just something I've been thinking about, not that it's terrible either way or anything.
Smash will live, it always will, but it's interesting to think about I suppose. Thinking about where it all started until now is interesting just the same ;D

I'll try not to sound terribly out of place here guys, but this thread sounds fairly depressing.

I'm 25, I've done the university thing, and I've come out the other side. Gotten my own place and moved away from most of the people I know.

I can appreciate people quitting Smash because they feel they won't have the time for it with other commitments, but being honest with you, as you get older, you don't keep very many hobbies, and as your life and those of your friends get busier, it's harder and harder to schedule a group of people together in a room to play some games. If it's still possible for you to HAVE gaming sessions with a bunch of your friends (even if you don't think you have the time) you're bloody lucky.

So while you all have the opportunity to just hang out and play some Smash, I seriously encourage you all to avail of it; because as you get older, life will naturally make it more difficult to do so. You don't need to quit it, but you should try your best to make SOME time for it.

So personally the only time I can play Smash with people is when I make the trip to visit my hometown, or at tournaments (which I book the time off for, because I really enjoy them).

That's why I was asking if there's anything going on in Vancouver while I'm there, it doesn't even need to be anything official, I just don't often get the chance to play anymore these days, but I like to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves...
QFFT

I come here, post, do a thousand email things, then I leave and do thousands of other things, then once every couple months I make time for a tournament. I never have a weekend free in my life but I cancel hockey, gigs with bands, everything my life has to come play smash.

Why?

Why the **** not? It's a great thing and always will be and it's a part of my life and hobbies and what I love to do. Why stop something you love?

"I love my wife soooo much! She's a wonderful lady and I want to be with her forever.
BUT! She takes so much time so I'm gonna drop her completely."

>_> <_< >_>

lololo

cedrick

Smash Apprentice
you guys should just play brawl, you dont even have to play regularly to be good. i think ive played like once outside of tournaments and that was a smashfest =o

then again im not that good lolz

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
The comparison between smash and a wife is notwithstanding, no matter how funny it is.

Of course I'm not sayiing smash isn't fun or important or anything like that, just I doubt I'll have much time to play it very often. I don't plan on staying competitive because I think it's a bit time consuming. It's not that smash is the only thing I do to have fun. In fact, when I go to Keith's randomly, I'm sure I'll still be able to upsmash him into Neptune.

Yes, Mr. Ireland, there is definitely something going on. This Saturday, in fact. And probably something after that.

See you guys Saturday!

Top Bottom