• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
what bummer? where? see you in January Legendface lol
Seriously though, get your friends to come out to a tourney and make them play more so you aren't so bummed out so much...um...if that's relevant to the bumming.

Welcome to the community Zezima =D

I'm gonna add you on msn k? lol

Eggz

Smash Hero
Tournament update for my northern nigguhz

Check this **** out. mostly the upcoming tournaments section. theres quite a few melee tournaments coming up around WA.
copypasta mostly btw
OP = http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=4605
Melee Resurrection: NorthWest
A group with dedicated players who will resurrect their Melee communities by analyzing and destroying bad stigmas about melee players, problems new players experience, and help to teach their communities.

Join if you love melee enough to want to become nationally competitive. I'm going to be teaching everyone possible how to get good enough to win a tournament, best their friends, and best complete strangers with reputation.

I want to bring Melee back to frequent national attention.

Keep in mind
-When playing "randoms", don't hold an elitist mentality, and teach them as much as possible. They hopefully love the game like you do. Ask if they want you to give them tips, and if they do, tell them everything you can.
-Don't ever john if you lose. It makes you seem like a douche, which we don't want.
-Money matching emulates tournament pressure the best, so if you want to improve most, try doing money matches at amounts where you care if you lose.

Upcoming Tournaments​
Eggz training -
At $5 minimum, I will do a special money match at certain times of tournaments (when I'm playing well and feel like teaching), I will do a 5/9 with matchups of your choice (matchups you need help/practice in, or just want to play. I play every character except like kirby, pichu, and ICs), and I will give you advice throughout the set, answer any question, and do a couple of matches VS you after the set with my fox. Don't just ask for characters I'm well reputed with, ask for ones you need practice with. Your playing me to get better, not to touch my fame.

Western WA melee contacts
Message me for any of their numbers.
Toph - UW/Seattle
Vish - UW/Seattle
KAOS - UW/Federal Way
Help - Duvall
Eggz - Everett
Silent Wolf - Seattle
DJ Combo - Seattle
Bladewise - Bellingham
Jumpfreak - Bellingham

Upcoming Melee tournaments - All drives and plane tickets are relative to Seattle as the point of origin

*Lynwood, December 7th, 1 hour drive
LARGE LOCAL *SAYS BRAWL BUT IF YOU COME FOR MELEE WE CAN DO A MELEE TOURNAMENT
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3039

*San Francisco, December 20/21 (13 hour drive, $200 plane ticket)
NATIONAL (also has brawl)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194400

Spokane, December 27, 4-5 hour drive
LOCAL
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3661

*BC Canada, January 3/4 (about 3 hours 30 minutes north of seattle)
REGIONAL (also has brawl/64)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194391

*Georgia, January 17/18 (probably like $300 for a ticket)
NATIONAL
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201448

*Lynwood, February 7-8 (both melee and brawl)
LARGE REGIONAL
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2623

*Regina (Alberta), late february/early march (19 hour drive)
NATIONAL
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207310

* = im most likely attending

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
il do it for 4 bucks an hour and il teach you from hooking up the console to picking your character, after that your on your own : D

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Sion, MM Ganon vs Link, $5, best of 5?

Matt: Fox ditto MM, $5, best of 5?

Yakal: My fox vs your fox and/or falco $5, best of 5?

Evan: My fox vs your anything $5, best of 5?

Robyextreme: sup... LOL JK MM advanced slobs 5 or 10 , best of 5? ^_____^

Anyone else who goes that isn't named Tony: $5 MM's all around. Will also do $1 and $2 MM's but only best of 3. Takers?

"MY FOX IS YOUR FOX AND MY FOX IS YOUR FOX AND MY FOX IS YOUR FOX AND YOUR FOX IS MINE... MINE... MINE...."

Starscream

Smash Ace
Anyone in the lower mainland, more specifically North Burnaby play Brawl+? AKA Brawl with hacks that make it not **** for those that haven't heard of it or been keeping up with it.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Please explain it how makes it worse. It's worse because you can actually combo in Brawl now? It's worse because it's not floaty as **** anymore? It's worse because you don't randomly trip anymore? It's worse because the players actually have a choice in the game mechanics?

:/

It's fine if you don't like it but all I'm trying to do is find others that enjoy Brawl+ as much as I do, no need to be a close minded prick.

Honestly, I'm just looking for some people to play the game with since none of my buddies play Smash. I don't enjoy standard Brawl and while Melee is great and all I don't really want to play it anymore after 7 years. Brawl+ is fresh and fun and it's only getting better as more codes come out. I'm hoping more BC players are more inviting to a newcomer and less close-minded. Hopefully we don't get off to a bad start.

cedrick

Smash Apprentice
not tourny viable

why try to make brawl into melee when you can just play melee? when i played it it felt like some sort of confused fighting game with an identity crisis

cedrick

Smash Apprentice
what i meant by tourney viable is that it will never become tournament standard. ive never seen a competitive community adopt a modded version of a game as a standard, especially a console game where its more of a hassle than on a pc to actually mod it. i can imagine it would be be a huge hassle to organize a tournament keeping track of modded wiis/unmodded wiis, sd cards, whether all the hacks are perfectly the same on all wiis or not, players showing up not having played modded brawl before etc

every community would have to do that. theres gotta be a standardized ruleset for something to remain competitive

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
last I checked the whole Brawl+ thing just made Link have a recover equal to his 64 without an UpB...but making his Dair with no lag pretty much the ultimate move. Though, at the same time, it hasn't balanced the game or made it more interesting. Brawl hasn't even developed for 6 months and it's already turning into another game. It's kind of silly still, but there's potential for interesting stuff to happen. That could be said about anything hacked and changed though. :\

Yay for gimpy...though ditching cast wasn't cool. Forgiven maaaaaybe. ;D lol

Edit: Why did I not get MM offers from Adamdorf? :'(

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I just wish there more of an Normal Brawl scene at B.C sometime. I'm more of a Brawl then a melee player really :<
I'll Barlw your face so hard you'll be sent back 7 years and turn into Young Byuusan and the only game with anything "Young" will be melee cause of Young Link and you'll have no choice but to play as him.

Srs though, Barlw is cule liek melay but 64 destroys them both cause they're just 64's babiez!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
There definitely is a normal brawl scene. Our tournaments almost always have a higher turnout for Brawl than Melee. It's just Melee events are more regular as the core members of the community seem to prefer Melee.

Edit: Guys, I got a PS3. Add me on PSN: FirestormXVI
And if I don't have you on Xbox Live, my gamertag is xFirestorm.

Top Bottom