• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Bwmat

Smash Ace
**** you yakal, you and your gay shine spikes.

except I don't remember if you even shine spiked me at all >_>

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
my falcon for best in BC I GOT $ ON IT GET AT ME NOOBQUEEN! DEFEND!!
:laugh:

What are you saying Adam, that your fox is better than mine? Theres still Manuel, Tony, Ryan, Johns Fox who are around my level or probably as good. (Well in Fox dittos, I still think nobody matches me in fighting marths and falcons)

Your a jew fox player anyway I threw down $5 on the cube and if I lost that last match, last stock you would have TOOK my $ but instead I won and you didn't pay, you weren't planning on paying anyway if I didn't remind you. jew fox's aren't top 3

dieslow

Smash Ace
yea we're PROBABLY around ur level... LOl

i dont think ur that good against marth, and im sure i **** adam's falcon harder than u can =o

BEAT ADAM MM? whoever beats adam harder!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
my falcon for best in BC I GOT $ ON IT GET AT ME NOOBQUEEN! DEFEND!!
My **** for biggest in BC, GET AT ME!

What are you saying Adam, that your fox is better than mine? Theres still Manuel, Tony, Ryan, Johns Fox who are around my level or probably as good. (Well in Fox dittos, I still think nobody matches me in fighting marths and falcons)

Your a jew fox player anyway I threw down $5 on the cube and if I lost that last match, last stock you would have TOOK my $ but instead I won and you didn't pay, you weren't planning on paying anyway if I didn't remind you. jew fox's aren't top 3
I didn't have 5's, only 20's. Lets not speak of jew-ing people though roby.... If that's the case, you're the jew king. ;)

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I didn't have 5's, only 20's. Lets not speak of jew-ing people though roby.... If that's the case, you're the jew king. ;)
So I'm Jesus now? haha, alright. at least i'm not the biggest johnner in b.c and probably north america.

you just johnned your money right there lol

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

You almost lost to my scrub fox roby, no johns.

are u challenging everyone to a c0ck MM? HOMO ALERT HOMO ALERT lol im kiddin i accept
I win, gg.

Starscream

Smash Ace
A little late to respond but here goes... doubt anyone cares at all though.

No need to be calling people pricks either, seriously you're only making yourself sound like a jerk.
You're right I did sound like a jerk, for that I apologize. I really do not want to get off to a bad start so my bad. I was just a little ticked that when I asked a simple question I got responses like "AKA brawl for wussies" and another mocking response. A simple, yes or no would have sufficed. I'm glad that Manuel was able to give a pleasant response even if he did all it by the wrong name :3. I've talked to Manuel a bit about this so I know he does think it sounds fun, there just isn't a standard for codes yet nor is it completed.
Also why play a game that tries to be good like melee when you can actually play the good game?
If Brawl was released with the same core mechanics of Melee but still titled Brawl would you say the same thing? Melee is fantastic and all but I just feel like moving on to something new that doesn't carry the same disappointment of regular Brawl (to me, I don't mind other people enjoy and have fun with it).
Really now, I've played the "barlw+" and it's not that great.
What codes did you use and when did you play? Brawl+ has come a long way in a very short time. A modifiable hitstun has been made, L-canceling is in manually or automatically, shield stun and dash dance are in the works, no autosweet spot ledges just came out, lagless ledges too, a fall speed modifier to make it not so floaty without gimping jumps, crouch cancel without the knockback reducing effects etc. It's far from finished and getting better all the time.
Also, you pretty much set yourself up for a bad start with a somewhat negative attitude towards everyone. Yes, we're not liking the barlw+, but that doesn't mean we're close minded people, we just enjoy a game that allows more versatility and is just more fun overall.
I apologize again, and it's fine if you don't like Brawl+ or don't really want to try it. I just don't think people needed to mock it when I asked if anyone else played. A simple "nope" would have sufficed. Maybe that's how you guys do things and I may seem uptight but I'm just not part of the BC Smash group of friends so I took it differently.
I suggest you just calm down and actually try playing melee, have you ever played it competitively? It's extremely fun. Anyway, hopefully you'll come to SFUTS2 :]
-_- @ calm down. I'm not angry man, like I said just annoyed at the responses I got.

I did play Melee, for all 7 years that it was out. I went to a local smashfest/mini tourney once in late 2006 and it was really fun even if I felt like the new kid in school. People told me I was better than most newcomers even if I did get owned (which I don't mind, it was still fun). I never really found the time to go back to another one. Hopefully you don't take me for a scrub that labels things like wavedashing as a glitch. Not saying that you are, just trying to be clear. Even though I never went back to a tourney/smashfest that doesn't mean I didn't practice my ATs and all that jazz. I ***** my highschool tournament with all the ATs I learned from competitive Smash; things people at my school had never seen before. Melee is awesome and I may someday come back to it. But I'm just enjoying Brawl+ now and what it's becoming. I was just looking for people locally to play with is all... is it so difficult to ask questions without having the game I play mocked? Yes I dissed Brawl in my first post, sorry for that. It's not a terrible game by any means, it's just not what I wanted from the next Smash Bros when it came to fighting mechanics.

Yeah, hope that clears some things up. :)

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Well, star, if you were to bring barlw+ up to SFU I suppose I'd play it, just to see how much it's improved, but I still feel it would just be a dumbed down version of melee. Not because it would be bad, just because it would still have that "barlw" feel, know what I mean? Anyway just come up with it and some of us would try it out.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Personally, I find it kinda weird. You said they are changing the physics engine to be less floaty? Like honestly! It's a lot less work to muster up some money and go to a game store and buy Melee instead of just hacking a game to be like it. Do you even WANT the newcomers like ROB, Wario, MK, Snake, and D3 in it? I could easily do without them. That's why Brawl > Barlw+. Brawl does a good job at atleast being it's own game, while Barlw+ has an identity crisis and obsessive tendencies.

No, sir, I just don't like it.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Well, star, if you were to bring barlw+ up to SFU I suppose I'd play it, just to see how much it's improved, but I still feel it would just be a dumbed down version of melee. Not because it would be bad, just because it would still have that "barlw" feel, know what I mean? Anyway just come up with it and some of us would try it out.
That sounds like a good idea, I'll try to get there some time after the new year when I finally have some time off of work. I'll probably need some specific directions like where exactly at SFU you guys play when the time comes. Is there a computer that could be used to change codes if needed at any time?
Personally, I find it kinda weird. You said they are changing the physics engine to be less floaty? Like honestly! It's a lot less work to muster up some money and go to a game store and buy Melee instead of just hacking a game to be like it. Do you even WANT the newcomers like ROB, Wario, MK, Snake, and D3 in it? I could easily do without them. That's why Brawl > Barlw+. Brawl does a good job at atleast being it's own game, while Barlw+ has an identity crisis and obsessive tendencies.

No, sir, I just don't like it.
Haha, it's not like I don't have Melee man. I've had Melee since the Gamecube was out and I love it and all so no need to worry about that. It is a lot less work to go buy Melee, but luckily for me I had everything I needed to install the Homebrew Channel which in itself is amazing and totally worth the 10 minutes it takes to install. I guess I'm enjoying Brawl+ because I was expecting Brawl to be like Melee rather than the radical changes that we got instead. It's a new game, I always enjoy playing something new. A larger roster is always fun too. But hey that's cool if you don't like it.

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to convert anyone, I was just checking to see if anyone in the Lower Mainland was into Brawl+ is all.

Top Bottom