• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
whats brawl? if theres starcraft / aoe2 / cs / poker for money i'll go

edit: stats/standings for weekly smashfest are up now.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
If there is an actual event in the UK of melee with tons of people 100+, I may consider it.. and I will destroy everyone there if I go.
I'll go with you and we'll win teams too. I've been wanting to go to the UK for a while now. esp England.

I just noticed something. No one said anything about brawl yet :laugh:. I guess you guys hate brawl then lool.
Melee is beddur

Sion

Island of Horizon
Anything happening in the near future? I already know about January at SFU, but i want more chances to come out and play. I'm busy with school and all that, and I don't know where to get updated. Thanks.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
For now guys, we have to wait until 2009 for the comfirmed games for Super Vs Battle. (Yeah i know, its too long to wait for lool) So, I guess the only thing that we can do now, is to hope that smash bros will be in super vs battle.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
For now guys, we have to wait until 2009 for the comfirmed games for Super Vs Battle. (Yeah i know, its too long to wait for lool) So, I guess the only thing that we can do now, is to hope that smash bros will be in super vs battle.
or Cast4, Smashpocalypse, SFU's, UBC's. There's smash if you have the balls and desire to look for it ****it!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Oh snaps. Congrats BC at CAST4. Just saw results.

Edit: Also:

M3D said:
Let me just start by saying that this has been no easy decision. I have been a moderator over the Back Room since 2004 and the issue of whether or not to ban Metaknight from tournament play has been the most heated discussion we have ever had in that room. So I want to stop anyone from suggesting that we didn't carefully consider this before we decided to post our collective opinion. This decision has been months in the making. We have reviewed tournament results, discussed the match-ups extensively, argued about the effect that stage lists have on Metaknight's effectiveness and even argued all the way down to the core idea of what we think tournament smash is all about. So yes, we've considered this carefully and explored it extensively.

I should also say that we were not unanimous in this decision. There are some players that are adamantly for the ban of Metaknight, some that are adamantly against it and some that have a relatively neutral stance. So we recognize that there is going to continue to be disagreements within the community about it. We fully expect that conversation will continue and new evidence will be brought up as the game continues to be explored.

After months of discussion and reviewing all the information we could gather, the SBR voted on whether or not to ban Metaknight. It was voted that Metaknight should not be banned by a ratio of 3-1 in the voting. A significant majority of the SBR believes that Metaknight should not be banned from tournament play.

However, a significant majority of SBR members also recognizes that Metaknight is currently the best character in the game in singles tournament play. We believe that the community should grow organically and we do not consider it wrong for individual tournament organizers to ban Metaknight if they feel it will draw in more players or improve the community in their area. However, they should recognize that the majority of tournaments around them or in other regions will probably continue to include Metaknight. It's up to the tournament organizer to decide if they should ban MK at their event and up to the players to decide what kind of tournaments they wish to attend.

Finally, I should point out that game evolve over time. We are already seeing Diddy rise up as a potential counter to Metaknight and certain other players winning tournaments consistently without MK in tow. It's possible that in time, Metaknight will no longer be considered so formidable. It is also possible that new tricks with Metaknight will arise that will make him even better than he already is, driving the community as a whole to ban him. It's a game played by millions of people all over the world. Any development is possible and the SBR will continue to monitor how the competitive smash scene develops.

Please feel free to discuss this decision here, but any flaming or inappropriate language will result in warnings. We understand its a heated discussion, but please keep it clean.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Yeah, placing the only thing that matters right in the middle of several paragraphs is not good writing style.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
It builds up excitement.

Guys, I'm not going to be playing smash very much anymore. Before I left, I called CAST4 my final tournament as a competitive player. I have had lots of fun playing with you guys (and the guys before you) these past ... almost 3 years. I might show up at SFU TS2... but it has been brought to my attention that I should spend my time on other things.

I have a beyond full courseload at school this year. It's not that smash doesn't have priority (Fox's nair obviously does), but I need to do well so I can be not a hobo. I also need to spend time developing as a person -- not only socially but intellectually. I don't want to keep inconveniencing all of you because I have to leave tournaments early. I should be out on the streets, talking to people about what's important.

You're not never going to see me again. But just wanted to let you guys know about my immediate plans. It's been fun guys.

Eric-- you're **** in most ways. When you come back we'll have some noob friendlies. I hope to see you at Honda. I'm so grateful for everything.
Adam -- be good. You know what's right. Stop making excuses for yourself and persevere. You're a kind guy, funny too. I've seen you change quite a bit these past few years. Next couple times I see you, I hope to see a different Adam Brown.
John -- you can do it. Do what you need to do, but keep pursuing education. You're talented at many things you do. Thanks for having me over and taking my crap all the time.
Tiep -- Don't get comfortable with anything. Challenge the way people think, even yourself. You're the best Samus I've ever played. Be a good brother.
Ryan -- spam less. You have a great backair. You've always impressed me. Be careful of what you say and do in life!
Roby -- Don't forget about that conversation we had after smash that one night. There is more.
Tony -- God gave you a brain for a reason man. Be the kind of guy you'd want your daughter to marry. You're really good at smash =P. Good times.
Jack -- Thanks for hosting. I apologize for anything hurtful I said when you first came to the boards. Do well in school and ssb64 forever man. God bless.
Coquitlam crew -- don't put yourselves down so much. You guys are good at smash, keep it up! Treat each other better during doubles. Play less Jigglypuff. It's been fun.
Rushan -- melee isn't so bad. Good luck in school. You're good at laughing at funny things. Like Falcon Punch. Keep thinking.

I haven't forgotten others. Rather, I'm just not sure whether I can tell you guys anything of value.

It's been fun. STDs and SFUs, 4stocks and getting 4stocked, upsmash and downairs. I'm gonna hang up my competitive controller. Keep playing melee; it's too good of a game to die. Take care guys.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
It builds up excitement.

Guys, I'm not going to be playing smash very much anymore. Before I left, I called CAST4 my final tournament as a competitive player. I have had lots of fun playing with you guys (and the guys before you) these past ... almost 3 years. I might show up at SFU TS2... but it has been brought to my attention that I should spend my time on other things.

I have a beyond full courseload at school this year. It's not that smash doesn't have priority (Fox's nair obviously does), but I need to do well so I can be not a hobo. I also need to spend time developing as a person -- not only socially but intellectually. I don't want to keep inconveniencing all of you because I have to leave tournaments early. I should be out on the streets, talking to people about what's important.

You're not never going to see me again. But just wanted to let you guys know about my immediate plans. It's been fun guys.

Eric-- you're **** in most ways. When you come back we'll have some noob friendlies. I hope to see you at Honda. I'm so grateful for everything.
Adam -- be good. You know what's right. Stop making excuses for yourself and persevere. You're a kind guy, funny too. I've seen you change quite a bit these past few years. Next couple times I see you, I hope to see a different Adam Brown.
John -- you can do it. Do what you need to do, but keep pursuing education. You're talented at many things you do. Thanks for having me over and taking my crap all the time.
Tiep -- Don't get comfortable with anything. Challenge the way people think, even yourself. You're the best Samus I've ever played. Be a good brother.
Ryan -- spam less. You have a great backair. You've always impressed me. Be careful of what you say and do in life!
Roby -- Don't forget about that conversation we had after smash that one night. There is more.
Tony -- God gave you a brain for a reason man. Be the kind of guy you'd want your daughter to marry. You're really good at smash =P. Good times.
Jack -- Thanks for hosting. I apologize for anything hurtful I said when you first came to the boards. Do well in school and ssb64 forever man. God bless.
Coquitlam crew -- don't put yourselves down so much. You guys are good at smash, keep it up! Treat each other better during doubles. Play less Jigglypuff. It's been fun.
Rushan -- melee isn't so bad. Good luck in school. You're good at laughing at funny things. Like Falcon Punch. Keep thinking.

I haven't forgotten others. Rather, I'm just not sure whether I can tell you guys anything of value.

It's been fun. STDs and SFUs, 4stocks and getting 4stocked, upsmash and downairs. I'm gonna hang up my competitive controller. Keep playing melee; it's too good of a game to die. Take care guys.
Yeah I've said that a few times. Nice post tho Manuel.

Are you that cocky kid from that youtube video? That 12 year old kid who uses mk and likes to swear and act cool?

If so, I don't like you.

>=V
He's cool IRL.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'll see you again one day Manuel. Thanks for the good times and ggs even when we only met like twice lol. The road trip was a good first and last chillin out with you.

wubz <3

Edit: Cloudiez is kool but I **** him with Boozer

And yeah, I hope the melee stays with the manli and never lets go. It's just too good. XD

Clouderz

Smash Ace
I'll see you again one day Manuel. Thanks for the good times and ggs even when we only met like twice lol. The road trip was a good first and last chillin out with you.

wubz <3

Edit: Cloudiez is kool but I **** him with Boozer

And yeah, I hope the melee stays with the manli and never lets go. It's just too good. XD

gawd you beat me with bowser cause i didnt kno how to play him and you booozercide'd me ;(

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
gawd you beat me with bowser cause i didnt kno how to play him and you booozercide'd me ;(
it was only once :\

Oh, and I sat on your face ftw

Imma start playing Brawl again since CAST4 is done so I wanna play you on wifi sometime. Not often cause I rarely play to begin with but it would be nice when I do play.

I have so much melee and 64 stuff to work on too! I LEARNED SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!

=D

dieslow

Smash Ace
lol thanks for the advice. i'll try to start using my brain from now on.

listen carefully.. u can hear BC melee dying.

NoOo0o0oooooo

dieslow

Smash Ace
anyways it sucks that ur leaving, ur an all around good person. BC melee won't be the same anymore.

Lol remember when we said we'd both take 1st in BC one day? We did it. Mission complete.

(because eric left lul)

Metà

Smash Master
Play less Jigglypuff.
LOL

I'm going to miss you man, so sad to see you leave. You're one of the nicest players I've ever met, and you really make these events a lot of fun. Ever since I started playing, I've tried to keep up with you, and made it my goal to become as good as you. I still feel like I'm leagues below you, but you inspired me to improve, and I had a lot of fun playing against you and your ridiculous Fox/Marth, lol. Good games, and good luck in whatever lies ahead of you.

Btw, are you coming the final SFU smashfest at all? I was really hoping for another chance to money match you... Since you're leaving, wanna make it $20? I'm 100% serious this time, let me know if you're going and I will bring the cash. You'll probably win, but I still feel bad about backing out of that so long ago...

Top Bottom