• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
Wait, you can hack Brawl to make replays over 3 minutes? I'm interested in this. Link please?

Also, if you need a GCN controller, Toys R Us has 'em for $24.97. Well, not really. They're selling their leftover GameCubes for $24.97. So buy, get the controller, use the GCN as a lunchbox or something.
Oh oh oh oh, what's this? Is this at all toys r' us's? That's the actual price? Are you sure? I want to stockpile some GC's for later use.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
are you coming to cast4 ryan?

on that note, whats happening with you tiep?
I'd suggest confirming or unconfirming pretty soon here

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

unityole

Smash Lord
melee stats are up, updated.
also the bracket result for the mini tourney is up there as well.

Patooty

Smash Ace
I probly won't be able to make it to CAST4. Although the date being moved back a week helps my chances significantly. I've got deadlines right around that time, and if nothing changes, I'll be done all my stuff right on that Friday. But if I can't find out whether or not I can go a week before the tourney, I probly won't make it.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Are tournaments still going on? I'm lost with school goin' on.
Yes they are, and you might be on the friggen PR if you showed up to another tournament within the past month nukkuh! come out! we miss j00!

Yeah, next one is Nov 8th at SFU. Weekly smashfests are happening as well.

Who all is going to CAST4 from BC?
I am going... to CAST4.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
are u going?
Truthfully I really have no idea.

I have an essay due on the Friday of the 22nd in my Tutorial, which sucks. I'm going to ask my Tutorial leader if I can hand it in a week early so I could go but she's a cunt so I doubt it.

At this point I very much doubt it.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Truthfully I really have no idea.

I have an essay due on the Friday of the 22nd in my Tutorial, which sucks. I'm going to ask my Tutorial leader if I can hand it in a week early so I could go but she's a cunt so I doubt it.

At this point I very much doubt it.
I really don't see a reason why she wouldn't let you hand it in a week early, unless she sucks life out of people by seeing them miserable.

Patooty

Smash Ace
I got someone at work to play me in smash, muahaha.

Someone should come work here so we can play smash too. Looking for PS3 Tester lol

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to give you guys fair warning, testing is a lot more work than you think it is. Yes, you play the game. But most of the time you're not testing it to try and beat it, you're testing it to try and break it. This means going off and trying things that you probably wouldn't think twice about as a player, but they're things that you'd have to catch because we don't want a case where the user accidentally crashes the game. Some of the bug reports I've seen as a dev are quite extensive, and involve doing things that I wouldn't think of. You don't know how many bugs I've seen that involve pulling a network cable at just the right time, which isn't fun to test or fix.

There's also the formal stuff, like filing bug reports so that the devs can see them and fix them, and once the devs say they're fixed, trying it again to make sure it's fixed.

Then there's automated testing, where the game literally plays itself. :p I don't know if you write the scripts or not, depends on the company, I guess.

All in all, it's not a bad job, if that's something you don't mind doing, though.

unityole

Smash Lord
talkingchicken knows about these stuff, i recalled hes working right now on a co-op job to test games.

matt you are coming to nov8th tourney?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
So, Eric had the going away party/smash fest/tourney that Jack held for him.

Who is going to make the going away party for Jack? it better be ****in good for all he's done for you guys, like the other going away party for 1 lol

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
talkingchicken knows about these stuff, i recalled hes working right now on a co-op job to test games.
No, I don't test (at least, not as extensively as QA does). I do programming, but I work a lot with testers to fix bugs and stuff (at least, they submit bugs for us to fix). Testing isn't too bad a job (easier than coding, but a little bit more mindless), but I'd rather be coding myself.

As far as Nov 8 (dunno if that was directed at Matt or me), I'm a maybe. I might have plans on that day with a friend that I don't see very often coming in from Edmonton, but it's up in the air right now. I might drop by this weekend though, if it's the last smashfest before the tournament.

unityole

Smash Lord
As far as Nov 8 (dunno if that was directed at Matt or me), I'm a maybe. I might have plans on that day with a friend that I don't see very often coming in from Edmonton, but it's up in the air right now. I might drop by this weekend though, if it's the last smashfest before the tournament.
yea i was asking u lol. it'll be the last fest b4 the tourney, 100 percent. there will be no smashfest next weekend, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
hey i havent posted here in a while, im sure no one knows me. Is there any smash scene in the surrey/delta area for MELEE in particular? Me and my friends think were pretty good at melee at want some experience at getting ***** by some more experienced players. We probably know ALL the technical stuff and can only do half/most of them(we can shffl, wavedash, know how to combo, watched countless videos, know tons of useless smash trivia, played FalseFalco from edmonton and won a couple of games by fluke, etc). I dont want to go as far as SFU just to play a couple of friendlies, so the closer the better. PM me or post in this thread, ill be observing.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You don't want to go from surrey to burnaby to play in a tournament? And to think, I'd gladly drive the 5 HOURS it takes for me to get there just cause I could actually lose in some smash, had I a little bit more time. Jerk lol
jkz, but seriously. Go to tourney November 8th. LOOOOOTS of smash with EVERYONE! k?
=D

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
You wouldn't be going to SFU just for a few friendlys.. seriously if you come and then a few more others from one place go to, and then some. We would probably hold a small tournament as we usually do.

And theres not much going on with Surrey only a few players who may or may not be interested.

Top Bottom