• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
sucks, man we had epic matches for you to record today AJ lol

I think I was the only one with an even SEMI positive responce to marthypoo lol
oh wells, Ktown pwns. ;P

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Whoa whoa whoa, why? Why no love for the other games ever from you?

By the way, I can maybe bring a VCR. Debating since it's a lot bigger than I thought it was when I was lugging it around earlier this morning.
I'm not as good at adapting between two games as others are. Honestly I don't play Smash at all anymore so I'm not sure if I'd even be entering Singles and Doubles. Used to play with friends all the time in high school but not anymore. Used to play at school a lot during first two years, but our schedules are very different now with everyone in different streams and me doing a joint major.

Not to mention people keep taking Brawl out of the library. WHO THE HELL HAS A WII AND NOT SMASH?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
parking violations are the most useless enforcements in society.
It's a nice little fund for the government to look into after they wiped their *** with $100 bills from taxes.

Did you know 89% of skytrain tickets were unpayed during 2007?

unityole

Smash Lord
Maybe next time you should check where you park?
we did check, also Mark came later that day at around 7 pm and park around the same area, nothing happend to his car. we checked around the place where dan was parked, there were no signs of anything saying any of the spaces were reserved slots.

this is quite ******** i don really kno what to say. hopefully on monday those idiots from the parking issue office will have an explanation of what went wrong.

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
OK so the violation was legit apparently. I talked it over with the SFU parking services and they said visitors have to park right beside the cornerstone building. I've always parked below that layer but this was the first time I got a ticket. Anyways I don't have to pay $30 :D

edit:

talking chicken, tell tiep and rampage about my awesome SFIII3 parrying :p Chun SAII (in match + countered with grab), necro SAIII (in match full parry twice in a row), Akuma D, D, D+PPP (honestly the first time I've ever parried the entire thing) wut. Am I allowed to say that I'm still rusty at the game? XD

Cmon guys join the p2p online sfiii3 bandwagon! here's the link, play!
http://zerogen.rapidboards.com/index.php?showtopic=212

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
It's a nice little fund for the government to look into after they wiped their *** with $100 bills from taxes.

So true! I bet we could get on 9/10 times without paying or having a bus card on us. Though I don't do that or recommend it ; ] (obey the law).

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
OK so the violation was legit apparently. I talked it over with the SFU parking services and they said visitors have to park right beside the cornerstone building. I've always parked below that layer but this was the first time I got a ticket. Anyways I don't have to pay $30 :D

edit:

talking chicken, tell tiep and rampage about my awesome SFIII3 parrying :p Chun SAII (in match + countered with grab), necro SAIII (in match full parry twice in a row), Akuma D, D, D+PPP (honestly the first time I've ever parried the entire thing) wut. Am I allowed to say that I'm still rusty at the game? XD

Cmon guys join the p2p online sfiii3 bandwagon! here's the link, play!
http://zerogen.rapidboards.com/index.php?showtopic=212
Hmm. I'll have to call tomorrow (I tried today but I didn't get an answer, and by the time I remembered to call again, it was too late). It'll save me from having to appeal it.

I'd join, but I'm on a Mac and refuse to dualboot Windows. We'll have to play in November again. I need to practice. :p

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Maybe next time some ****** shouldn't give me a ticket for a reason I didn't violate. It's not my fault the idiot can't read "Visitor B-Lot parking" on the parking pass you can see through my windshield.

gg

Tiep is auto-win with his degree in computer (programming)? something or other >.>

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
SO why do people call you talking chicken dude?
Long story short, he was a character in an ancient RPG Maker project that never really got off the ground. I took the name and stuck with it.

Patooty said:
Awesome. Straight from the horse's mouth - I want you to tell me why that is.

Mac vs PC - Round 1
FIGHT!
Well, I guess I walked into that one, huh.

Partly the whole security thing, partly because there isn't really much that's Windows-only that I really need (I'm not a PC gamer, I have consoles for playing video games), and the stuff I do need usually works with Wine, and partly because I just like Macs. Also, they last. I've got an ancient iBook G4 that's over 4 years old and if I didn't drop it once making it require a new hard drive (my backpack was open and I was running for a bus), it would probably still be working just fine, even if it's a bit slow with some stuff.

As far as not using Windows, my excuse used to be that I didn't have enough HDD space (I didn't know it was possible to fill up a 320 gig drive), but since I cleaned things up a bit and got rid of things that I already have backed up on an external hard drive, that's not exactly valid anymore. I guess it's because I like the Mac's interface and I don't really see any point in switching. And Quicksilver. I know that there are Windows launchers as well, but I don't know of any that you can cater to plenty of applications as well (ie, play a playlist in iTunes, look something up in the dictionary, do a simple math calculation, open a bookmark in a web browser, the list goes on and on).

Also, I don't hate Windows. I'm not some crazed Apple fanboy that refuses to see that the Steve Jobs way is not the only way. I'm fairly proficient with Windows (at least, I like to think so). I use it at work and at school (if I have to :p) and I'm happy with it (save for the abnormally long time it takes to close Visual Studio at work). I just choose not to use it. I also admit that Macs have their faults as well (it's 2008 and I still can't cut and paste files in Finder?), but they work well enough that I'm happy with them.

And I guess part of me is just proud to say my computer is completely Microsoft-free. :p

Maybe "refuse" was a bit harsh though. I have an unused copy of XP lying around and Parallels installed on my computer (I used it for Linux for a brief period of time), just in case I ever needed it. So far, I haven't though.

edit: Oh, and Garageband coming with the computer was also a nice touch. There's definitely a lot of fun stuff you can do with it.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Damn. It's no fun unless you're an Apple fanboy lol.

Also... Adam uses Ubuntu? Totally didn't see that on coming :veryconfu

unityole

Smash Lord
apparently i ***** all except for 1 guy on the midterm, means i studied the right **** for the first time in monthes. if we can get enough people, we should have another smashfest this saturday.

surely people would love to practice/friendlies b4 the tourney.
whos up for it?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
no johns man
Quoted for best "no johns" post I've seen in a long time.

anyone up for going to the smashfest this saturday. I think i should be 0th on the powerankings above dieslow. Prove me wrong.
Money match me for $5-$5,000,000 in melee, and if you win I will put you as first on the PR. That's a promise. :)

apparently i ***** all except for 1 guy on the midterm, means i studied the right **** for the first time in monthes. if we can get enough people, we should have another smashfest this saturday.

whos up for it?
Of course I'm down. Me + no warmup exceeding 30 minutes = crap.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi

whos up for it?
I APPROVE and should probably be able to come.

Top Bottom