• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
JACK: I'm coming for sure. 100% CS (I'll just be a decoy again), Starcraft (I'll be **** after you, trozz and jeff), MELEE (I'll go undamafeated), 64 (I'll show you mah moves and learnz), Barlw (I'll **** with every character), EVERYTHING!

And I'm having high hopes and by the looks of things so far, there will be 3-6 other people coming too, to DESTROY YOU ALL (or try to)

with a couple set ups and stuff too.

ggrrrr....
Now that I got my Brawl disk back, my net is going all screwy. Bunch of jerks lol

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Ok, rushan, Lets say I'm playing marth and you're TL. You strike out BF and YS. I take out FD and lylat('pretend it's neutral). That leaves us with SV. A stage where you coud eaily camp the **** out of me. That's an advantage much like Marth on Battlefield. You're basically just switching it from "I MIGHT get BF against this marth"into "OK I'm getting marth on SV, I can camp" It's just going from POSSIBLE advantage for either character into a stage that's much better for only one of the characters. and you mean pick stages then actually pick characters? That's Counterpicking stages, right? and by the sounds of your example "marth on battlefield blind" it's also a character counter pick since you could be TL then go with snake instead because MARTH does well on this stage so I could probably change characters. whatever, I don't like the strike out at all. I say leave it at RANDOM first then Counter pick stage/character in the second match.
Uh, then why didn't you strike out Smashville instead? >_> Yes, the order goes:
stage selection via strike out
double blind character pick
start game

I don't see how it's hard to get used to. I've been doing online tournaments using this and it's more fun than just randoming. Requires more thought too. Again, standardized rules are important.

Metà

Smash Master
Jack, what time should I be at SFU, when does this thing start? Do you still want me to bring the N64?

Meta! If you come to Norcal ever, we need to mm again! ^_^ 20$$$?
PAUL, what are you doing here? Haven't you taken enough of my money already? :laugh:

I don't think I'll be in Norcal anytime soon, but if I ever do go, I'd like to play against you more, and maybe if I improve more, I'll take you up on that $20 mm. Sucks that you won't be in MN next summer. :(

Mmac

Smash Lord
I can't believe I missed this thread for so long...

Except I'm not near anyone except maybe the Victoria people. Stupid Cowichan <_<

Would like to play Online though

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
just to be clear I was talking about the 13th...you knew that right? >_>k

and yeah, there's a Victoria thread around here too. I donno. lol

ERIC MAKE A ROBOT!

unityole

Smash Lord
david got into some useless talk fights with other 2 from eastcoast? kinda pointless but those 2 are just being immature. flamming back and forth to one another in ERIC's TOURNAMENT THREAD, shut them up plz?

no one messes with b/o chaoz plz

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
GGs at the smashfest today guys. Had a lot of fun.

Jack (and whoever's stuff this is), I found a black GC controller and a pair of sunglasses cleaning up before I left. I put them on one of the tables and closed the doors, so if maybe Jack can collect it for now or something and we can figure out how to get it back to the rightful owner somehow.

unityole

Smash Lord
GGs at the smashfest today guys. Had a lot of fun.

Jack (and whoever's stuff this is), I found a black GC controller and a pair of sunglasses cleaning up before I left. I put them on one of the tables and closed the doors, so if maybe Jack can collect it for now or something and we can figure out how to get it back to the rightful owner somehow.
yea i picked it up, the glasses prob for Roby, i remembered he was wearing one today when he came, dont remember well. the black gc controller belongs to a person here from smashboard, left it with me for couple of monthes and hasnt come to pick it up yet.

Metà

Smash Master
GG's everyone, that was fun. The cool thing is that we just had a decent-sized smashfest, and no one played Brawl.

0 BRAWL

YEHS! Melee is too good, good job guys.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Jack, thanks for clearing that thread out of annoying chat.

Evan, is that all that matters?!?! lol

Unmelee related...

Mmac, I got my online up today. It finally worked so we can finally play :D

unityole

Smash Lord
BTW, turns out I won't be going to the smashfest yesterday because apparently I'm going to be extremely busy for the previous 14 hours.
yep i was told, and yet i ordered so much pizza cause i thought VA, you and tony would show up. meh

Evan: i c some melee improvement, practiced in the states, keep it up :O
Dan: ur SFIII ***** hard..
Talking_chicken: sorry for you to go through all the trouble bringing that extra TV, people here decided not to show up.
Roby: is too extreme.

so, SMASH tourney Sept 13th, FOR ERIC CHAOZ CURRY! i would need lots of help with # of TVs.
HELP ME THANKS

FooXero

Smash Cadet
ROFLMAO @ KEN
This is actually hilarious
I'd like to see how he's going to mindgamez the others >_>
Ken Combo

Why would you LOOK for a barlw scene?
Thats...that's just crazy talk!
Most of our tournaments/smashfests happen at SFU, in fact, there's a smashfest this saturday. Stop by and maybe we could melee : D
Because, believe it or not I never played melee! =O So I've been playing brawl lately and it's what I'm best at!
Yoshi ftw.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
DYnamMISM IS A KID AT HEART. Troy if you met him, you'd understand. He's in a band, see. It means he needs to pretend he is only capable of 0.6 his actual intelligence.

VA

Smash Hero
DYnamMISM IS A KID AT HEART. Troy if you met him, you'd understand. He's in a band, see. It means he needs to pretend he is only capable of 0.6 his actual intelligence.
If that's not trash talk then it's a horrendously condescending thing to say. Manuel may well be more arrogant than me.

Jack: sorry I didn't show up. I went to see a movie at 12 - 4am so I was too tired. Plus I needed to chill out with my buddy, I'm living at his place and it was the only chance we had to hang out. I probably won't see any of you guys from SFU again, I'll give some epic shout outs once I am back in England.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
firexemblemxpryde IS A KID AT HEART. Robby if you met him, you'd understand. He's in a band, see. It means he needs to pretend he is only capable of 0.6 his actual intelligence.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Actually, Manli is quite correct but for reasons he probably didn't intend or know.

I am a free spirit beyond possibly any "kid" you've ever met and I will always be this way as I wouldn't want to be any other way.

I grew up with the elders before us. Through school I spent my time talking and associating with who I found were the wiser of the teachers more than I ever did with the students in my own classes. This applied to all activities in my life whether it was playing in mens leagues in hockey instead of minor hockey or playing shows in bars instead of sneaking into them.

Over the last half a decade, I have not changed and I doubt I ever will. Sure I've grown, am wiser and know more in general but who I am is the same because I know me and decided to stay this way long ago. I'm free and love every moment of life within every moment.

If someone were to say "is a kid at heart" why would that be condescending? Immature and free spirit are not the same. Is "being a kid at heart" not ideal to everyone anyway? Being open to others, open to learn, honest with all things, eager to know more, eager to do more, unconciously know that there is always more to know. A lot of people forget these things yet still strive for the same principles that kids do. So what's wrong with expressing enthusiasm the same as the new people in the world that haven't been tainted by what's normal or weird and what's better or worse and what you want or don't? The thoughts that differenciate between what we know now and the truth are created by us but often aren't created from nothing.

We get these ideas and our own way of life from what the world and the others who have experienced it have offered for us to learn from. But the picture gets mixed when we try and piece together all of the parts that everyone and everything else gives us because their perceptions are all different. Hence, we created our on perceptions to fit these pieces and very rarely is it not twisted. So what I have done is taken these ideals, methods, ways of life and filtered them to make a new perception that is my own and only mine.

I find the picture is much clearer as a whole and easier to understand where it came from and where it's going because I've painted it myself.

Sorry for the wall of text, and sorry if I ever blurt out annoying remarks or am slightly off the map regarding how I act or what I say. Hopefully this will help you understand more of why.

;P bycthez

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
tl;dr

10chars
define tl;dr - One of the great, definitive abbreviations for the social web is TL;DR. It stands for too long; didn't read, and epitomizes the short-attention-span crowd, ...

I lol every time I see it because I think of this. (the first time I looked it up to see what it meant a long time ago, I know that's not what it actually means but it's just funny cause that's the first thing I read)
yeah... and I JUST found out what 10char means >_> thx Yakal

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I actually just figured out what tl;dr meant as I stared blankly at his post.

Thanks for letting us know, Yakal, that you didn't care to read something that was obviously well fleshed and written. This is why your Falco can't beat me. (lol, obvious joke...)

Dynamism, I see what you're saying. And while I disagree on a few points, your way is set and in a pseudo-logical way, you're right in a lot of what you said. Keep in mind that it's hard to set a true standard; one free from arbitrary composure. I advocate absolute concept as the only possible way to weed off the less desirable fruits of such liberal thinking.

What I'm trying to say is that 10chars stands for 10 charmanders.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
SFU $2 tournament on Saturday.

Entrants:

-John (South Van)
-Rampage
-Roby Extreme
-Manuel *
-Adam
-Matt
-Evan
-Matt (Victoria)

Manuel left early... >=[

RR pools

1st: Adam (10)
2nd: Roby (9)
3rd: Evan (9)
4th: Matt (BWmatt)

bracket

Adam > Matt

Roby > Evan

Adam > Roby

Evan > Matt

Roby > Evan

Roby > Adam (one set, best of 7. I actually forgot he should have had to beat me in two sets. We played best of 7 and he beat me 4-2)

1st: Robyextreme
2nd: Adam
3rd: Evan
4th: Matt

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Thanks for letting us know, Yakal, that you didn't care to read something that was obviously well fleshed and written. This is why your Falco can't beat me. (lol, obvious joke...)

Dynamism, I see what you're saying. And while I disagree on a few points, your way is set and in a pseudo-logical way, you're right in a lot of what you said. Keep in mind that it's hard to set a true standard; one free from arbitrary composure. I advocate absolute concept as the only possible way to weed off the less desirable fruits of such liberal thinking.

What I'm trying to say is that 10chars stands for 10 CHARIZARD.
lol jokes
fixed and...

That's what makes it so juicy! Everyone has different perceptions on it. Get it? Referencing something else I said there about the painting analogy lol.
Also, to quote something...

Krishnamurti - "When one lives with concepts one never learns."
Just another little something that will hold back the human mind for eternity. ;p

Chuang Tzu - "The perfect man uses his mind as a mirror. It grasps nothing, it rejects nothing. It receives but does not keep."

Sometimes it's difficult to follow what things actually mean but to understand it is one thing, to apply it to the mind is another. More to life then we'll ever know, and you can't find everything with concepts and ideas BLOCKING you.

lol sorry. If you know what that means then I'm glad you understand, if not, this is probably too difficult to explain.

And yeah, those quotes are a sample of a perspective that means more and makes more sense to me than anything else on that light. :\

correct standard is play cfalcon melee career for life?
I want to ask this as well as second it

secret to long life man, forever young
couldn't you have said that earlier so I wouldn't have to post that thing? o.O

Nice work extreme. lol Adam, take your match next time and win the money back...or just mm me a bunch ;p

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Pretty sure I must have at LEAST got 9 points.
I expected you to take first, so that's why I played the set against you, Adam.

2 from evan
2 from south van fellow (john)
2 from adam
2 from yakal
1 from Matt

and did I play other Matt?

So that's at least 9 right there lol. Good job, Roby. Fatality.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
Question who would be interested in a quick side soul cali 4 tourny id have on my tv if i can bring it? Just woindering if its worth going through the trouble X D

Top Bottom