• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Rampage

vx
lol didn't even notice the update haha

Did I say Various? xD oops if I did

edit: and what about the awards thing? Are we still doing that or what?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I don't main Various...I main Random >_>
It's all good, I'm discriminated against everywhere for it anyway haha. =[

Yakal, you main Marth, or rather you're gay with him.
Yes, I know your sekret, that's why you were so "flustered" when I Marth dittoed you. And that's why you think Snake is so whawt.
Oh wait, everyone thinks Snake is... >_>

Trozz

Smash Ace
Jeff will be there too. Since he lives in Burnaby, it's pretty much just a bus ride there.
My roommates miiiiiiiight come for Brawl only.

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Sigh. I really don't need to be picking up another TV show. Dam you Ken with your "fast fingers" and "problem solving skillz"

WELL GUYS, this is it. I'm off to Vancouver tomorrow! Leaving good old Texas and coming to join y'all. If there's anyone on this thread that plays outta UBC, gimme a holler will ya? I'm looking for the brawl scene up there. Seems that BC is still dominated by melee =O

Rampage

vx
ROFLMAO @ KEN
This is actually hilarious
I'd like to see how he's going to mindgamez the others >_>
Ken Combo

Sigh. I really don't need to be picking up another TV show. Dam you Ken with your "fast fingers" and "problem solving skillz"

WELL GUYS, this is it. I'm off to Vancouver tomorrow! Leaving good old Texas and coming to join y'all. If there's anyone on this thread that plays outta UBC, gimme a holler will ya? I'm looking for the brawl scene up there. Seems that BC is still dominated by melee =O
Why would you LOOK for a barlw scene?
Thats...that's just crazy talk!
Most of our tournaments/smashfests happen at SFU, in fact, there's a smashfest this saturday. Stop by and maybe we could melee : D

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Holy crap at Ken. I saw "Ken (Smash World Champion)..." on the front page and got that XD ****. I'm gonna follow the show this year. Won't watch it, but will follow it.

FooXero, there's a tournament on September 13th you should come to. SFU's not too hard to get to. You'll be used to the bus system by them. Take the 99 B-Line from UBC to Commercial Dr station. Take the skytrain from Commercial Dr. to Production Way. Take the 135 SFU B-Line from Production Way station to the bus loop at SFU!

And speaking of the tournament, we stil haven't decided on rules. I've made it clear that I 100% support going with the SBR's ruleset and stage list with TO deciding on the borderline stages. We don't have a Brawl low tier tournament yet so we can decide on going with their tier list or not at a later time, but I'd back going their tier list too. I still think it's very important to have a universal rule set that can be applied in all parts of the US, Canada, and throughout the world.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
We don't have a Brawl low tier tournament yet so we can decide on going with their tier list or not at a later time, but I'd back going their tier list too.
Has a completed tier list even been made yet? Last time I checked there was just a list based solely on tournament results, which is affected as much by the popularity of characters as it is affected by the quality of characters.

unityole

Smash Lord
Holy crap at Ken. I saw "Ken (Smash World Champion)..." on the front page and got that XD ****. I'm gonna follow the show this year. Won't watch it, but will follow it.

FooXero, there's a tournament on September 13th you should come to. SFU's not too hard to get to. You'll be used to the bus system by them. Take the 99 B-Line from UBC to Commercial Dr station. Take the skytrain from Commercial Dr. to Production Way. Take the 145 SFU B-Line from Production Way station to the bus loop at SFU!

And speaking of the tournament, we stil haven't decided on rules. I've made it clear that I 100% support going with the SBR's ruleset and stage list with TO deciding on the borderline stages. We don't have a Brawl low tier tournament yet so we can decide on going with their tier list or not at a later time, but I'd back going their tier list too. I still think it's very important to have a universal rule set that can be applied in all parts of the US, Canada, and throughout the world.

it's 145, 135 runs from burrad station through grandview all the way to SFU.

yea Dan and I have been talking about rules from SBR thread or w/e it's called. he is convinced that the rules they got there are actually acceptable for him. I don't really mind
what stages should be played since i only like FD.

in conclusion, we can go for SBR or old BC rules, not like everyone is complaining about stages or anything.. right?

Rampage

vx
FD, BF, SV, and YS as the four random stages
I'll post later on discussing the counter stages with reasons and all that stuff and it's the 145, not 135.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
lol didn't even notice the update haha

Did I say Various? xD oops if I did

edit: and what about the awards thing? Are we still doing that or what?
I listed "Various" if you listed 3 or more characters. It just won't have enough space to fit in, so I limited it to 2 characters max, otherwise it would be listed as various. If I got it wrong then I can fix it up for you.

About the awards. With the horrendous response from last year I did not know whether to do them again this year or not, it depends on the smash community more than it depends on me.

I don't main Various...I main Random >_>
It's all good, I'm discriminated against everywhere for it anyway haha. =[
Umm it's not discrimination. If you main random characters then that means you use a WHOLE BUNCH of characters which goes over the max size of 2. So I just listed it as various.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Umm it's not discrimination. If you main random characters then that means you use a WHOLE BUNCH of characters which goes over the max size of 2. So I just listed it as various.
WHAT!
THE
F***!?!

Discrimination! Every single thread that has anything to do with mains excludes me because

I
MAIN
F***ING
RANDOM
D***IT!!

lol jkz about the anger, but yeah, I main Random. RANDOM D***IT!!

LolDesh; said:
not allowing random as a choice excludes him completely since he doesnt have a main that isnt random =[

exclusion isnt nice:(

Don't make me dig up 100 more of these =[

Rampage

vx
I listed "Various" if you listed 3 or more characters. It just won't have enough space to fit in, so I limited it to 2 characters max, otherwise it would be listed as various. If I got it wrong then I can fix it up for you.

About the awards. With the horrendous response from last year I did not know whether to do them again this year or not, it depends on the smash community more than it depends on me.

I'm pretty sure I said "Falco/Fox"
hm...well the awards thing is a cool idea, but what do you mean by horrendous? not enough responses?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Troy, he actually uses that "Random" icon as his main. Seriously, he does. Come to more tournaments <3
it's 145, 135 runs from burrad station through grandview all the way to SFU.

yea Dan and I have been talking about rules from SBR thread or w/e it's called. he is convinced that the rules they got there are actually acceptable for him. I don't really mind
what stages should be played since i only like FD.

in conclusion, we can go for SBR or old BC rules, not like everyone is complaining about stages or anything.. right?
Oops, 145. I've been complaining about the old BC stage list since it was made for SFU 6 =) I much prefer the SBR list. Much.

FD, BF, SV, and YS as the four random stages
I'll post later on discussing the counter stages with reasons and all that stuff and it's the 145, not 135.
We'll have to have an odd amount of stage so one more. Otherwise the stage strike-out thing (which I also have been trying to get us to do) doesn't work fairly.

Has a completed tier list even been made yet? Last time I checked there was just a list based solely on tournament results, which is affected as much by the popularity of characters as it is affected by the quality of characters.
From what I understand, it just hasn't been made public but is done. So hopefully we'll have it soon.

Trozz

Smash Ace
TROZZZ!!!!!

where are u these days??? and Jeff???
havent had a crack at him yet =O
Kamloops. Jeff is somewhere in Burnaby. I didn't go to the last sfu thing because there was one happening in Kelowna on the same day. I'll see you on the 13th.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Nobody cares about the stage strike out. Totally no point.

Random is just fine.
I like it. It has two points:
1. Stage before Character as we've always advocated
2. Trying to get your opponent to strike out a stage you want to strike out

Mostly #1 though. I believe stage should be picked before we pick character. None of this going against Marth on Battlefield blind.

Rampage

vx
Ok, rushan, Lets say I'm playing marth and you're TL. You strike out BF and YS. I take out FD and lylat('pretend it's neutral). That leaves us with SV. A stage where you coud eaily camp the **** out of me. That's an advantage much like Marth on Battlefield. You're basically just switching it from "I MIGHT get BF against this marth"into "OK I'm getting marth on SV, I can camp" It's just going from POSSIBLE advantage for either character into a stage that's much better for only one of the characters. and you mean pick stages then actually pick characters? That's Counterpicking stages, right? and by the sounds of your example "marth on battlefield blind" it's also a character counter pick since you could be TL then go with snake instead because MARTH does well on this stage so I could probably change characters. whatever, I don't like the strike out at all. I say leave it at RANDOM first then Counter pick stage/character in the second match.

Hey guys, DEAD SEXY VOCAB is planning on hosting a HUGE smash tournament come late november. It's a fund raiser so there will might be fee's like pay to come in at the door unless you have a set up or a tv and stuff like that. With probably larger entrants fees like maybe keep singles at $10 but have doubles $20 per team. Or something of that sort. This would try and get as many OOS smashers as possible. Would you guys be up for something like that? It would be held in a biig gym so lots of space for many people and would most likely be a 2 day event with LOTS of events such as low tier, falcon/whatever only, and possibly even crews. IF this were to happen evan should probably push his tournament from january to maybe late feb. As to not have huge tournaments too close together.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Random is just fine.
I second this

I say leave it at RANDOM first then Counter pick stage/character in the second match.

HUGE smash tournament come late november.
As long as late November doesn't line up with CAST4 it should be good. But the Jan tourney is fine where it is. No moving needed.

Stage strike out can play like a counter picking game. This isn't the point of Random stage so I'm against the strike out system they have.

HOWEVER

The best way for a strike out system to work would be to strike out the counter/random stages until there was 1 stage left. This would make 5 Random stages and the first match can be played on a random stage. This isn't counter picking in any way and still involves the strike out to balance the neutral stages and is a fair system for both players for the first match and so on.

i meant starcraft..
Sorry for taking so long last time Jack, my bad.

69plz

wow lol finally some BC smashers, yoo.. can i register lol im like pretty good, i guess -.- for a guy that duznt own a wii nor brawl, at least...
swf name: 69plz
city: vancouver
brawl main: marth/falco/wolf

Patooty

Smash Ace
Well, the point of the strikeout rule I think is that you never start in a situation where it`s totally unfair. If you character sucks on 3 stages then tough ****. Also as I understand it, you pick your character after you learn what the stage is, so if your character sucks on the stage you`re playing, it means you can`t play enough characters or you suck at striking out.

Either way, my stance is neutral.

Leaving for pax... see yall monday for labour day smash!

unityole

Smash Lord
Leaving for pax... see yall monday for labour day smash!
meh, guess tiep and prob ryan too, going for pax :/

wow lol finally some BC smashers, yoo.. can i register lol im like pretty good, i guess -.- for a guy that duznt own a wii nor brawl, at least...
swf name: 69plz
city: vancouver
brawl main: marth/falco/wolf
finally? this website has been here for a long time now.. :o
well anyway we got a smashfest this saturday at SFU burnaby campus, and a brawl/melee/64 tournament on sept 13th, same place. come to play?

cell is 604 722 7798, call if ure lost

unityole

Smash Lord
NOTE

right, i want this to be done by the end of today. exactly how many people coming to smashfest tomorrow? please speak up now. ive been asking people on msn all they given me is a maybe, except for few others that actually gave a YES/ or a straight answer as to they are showing up or not.

so, if we have less than 5 people NOT including myself, then i will not host it tomorrow. so please spend the time and tell me that if you're coming, or not. i work from 3 to 11pm today, so I will come back and check this thread at around maybe midnight or 1 am ish, as well as Saturday morning. If theres less than 6 response then smashfest will most likely not happen.

to my knowledge, tiep ryan and eric aren't coming. Evan, Manli, Roby, and VA are showing up. Matt, Yakal, Adam, Tony, Keith, Sean, Nate and John? please speak up now thanks

Rampage

vx
I invited a few people up
They aren't very good but it's more of a grudge match for me.
not 100% sure if they're coming but they said they would try
jack, if it's raining A LOT then I wont be going.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I could give you guys a Melee punching bag. :p Barlw, we'll see (online is quite enticing when your usual meetup is impossible, so I've been trying to get better). Do you need TVs or setups or stuff? I can probably bring a TV+GC+Melee, but if there already 4 tvs there, I'd probably just bring the setup or something.

Jack, wanna teach me 64? There's this one guy in Victoria who's pretty good and I at least wanna stand a chance against him. 64's fun, but I never got a chance to get good at it because back when I played 64, I still thought the metagame was dodge->smash. :p

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Sure, but that FC isn't the one I'm using now (I lent my wii to my roommate while I'm out of Victoria since my brother's got one here). Here's the current one:

0301 9483 1898

Be warned, my barlw disc is scratched and gives out disc read errors when loading stages. I think if we avoid halberd we might be okay, but I'll go try and clean the disc first.

Edit: Yeah, don't go to Halberd.

edit2: Ack, now probably isn't the best time. Maybe later today.

Top Bottom