• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
'No johns' is standard Smash Bros jargon for 'no excuses'. Examples:

P1: That was a gay counter-pick stage
P2: NO JOHNS

or

P1: You only beat me because I wasn't try my hardest
P2: NO JOHNS
No Johns! We're allowed one!
Well, I guess that John is Mr. Hitsugaya.

Something tells me that Rushan would be interested in this:

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/2008/04/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-hd-remix-may-become-reality.html

It's an article about a fan group working on making Sonic 2 in HD
Yeah I saw that a bit before, it looks amazing. Also found out about a Metroid II remake that looks amazing. http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Screw the East! I was in it for a T Shirt :D And I DID win that. Therefore I have been 100% successful in my endeavors. Q.E.D.

Remember kids, ambition is the first step to disappointment.
This message brought to you by McDonalds. Apply now! Obey

Now I can strut around flashin my pimpin SSBB cred, and being like "Ahhh yeeeeuhhh" and then my mom'll be all like "What the heck is a Smash Brother Bowl? Is that drugs?"
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

spindash

Smash Ace
By the gods. It's been TOO **** long since I've been without the interwebs. :p Meh. All's well now.

And. It's official. Brawl sucks...online. (I still have a blast as long as it's offline)

Everyone. Plz to be praising Mario Kart Wii. Seriously. That crap rivals X Box Live for how smooth it is (maybe not the options as much). I'm on a wireless connection, in a basement, with a router upstairs on the other side of the house. Where Brawl gave me a quarter-second lag, hell even FREEZING and booting me at times? I've got NOTHING to complain about on Mario Kart Wii.

It's freakin' running at 60 FPS and I'm racing 11 other Japanese guys.

Save Brawl for offline gamin'. Online after playing Mario Kart's epicness just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

That being said. Can't freaking WAIT for CT4.

atheist

Smash Apprentice
Anybody gonna be in COQUITLAM this summer? I will be coming for the u19 lacrosse worlds from finland and it would be sick if i could get to play some smash while i am there. Ofcourse I am not sure how busy I will be but thought i would post this anyway.

Rampage

vx
Anybody gonna be in COQUITLAM this summer? I will be coming for the u19 lacrosse worlds from finland and it would be sick if i could get to play some smash while i am there. Ofcourse I am not sure how busy I will be but thought i would post this anyway.
Well Meta, two others, and myself both live in Coquitlam. I'm not sure if they'll be going on vacation or anything but I'm sure I'll still be here. Send me a PM for the days you'll be in.

Grr. at your username

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
By the gods. It's been TOO **** long since I've been without the interwebs. :p Meh. All's well now.

And. It's official. Brawl sucks...online. (I still have a blast as long as it's offline)

Everyone. Plz to be praising Mario Kart Wii. Seriously. That crap rivals X Box Live for how smooth it is (maybe not the options as much). I'm on a wireless connection, in a basement, with a router upstairs on the other side of the house. Where Brawl gave me a quarter-second lag, hell even FREEZING and booting me at times? I've got NOTHING to complain about on Mario Kart Wii.

It's freakin' running at 60 FPS and I'm racing 11 other Japanese guys.

Save Brawl for offline gamin'. Online after playing Mario Kart's epicness just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

That being said. Can't freaking WAIT for CT4.
I don't think you'd want Mario Kart Wii's way of doing online in Brawl. Brawl is a fighting game. Kart is a racing game. In Mario Kart, the game sort of guesses where you'll be next based on the way you're headed. This means it always looks like there's no lag. Ever notice someone drop off the edge and come back instantly in Mario Kart DS? That's why. You can't do this in a fighting game for obvious reasons. It'd be nice if people stopped comparing Mario Kart's online to Brawl's online.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
brawl online is crap end of story. XD its only good for playing good players that you would never normaly get to play and learning from it XD

spindash

Smash Ace
brawl online is crap end of story. XD its only good for playing good players that you would never normaly get to play and learning from it XD
Exaactly. I mean, in Friend Code matches everything's custom to what you'd do in person, sure. But it's difficult to just get that Smash Bros. vibe going, y'know? It's never the same as playing the game with others around. I suppose same could be said for Mario Kart, but...

...oh what the hell. Zero lag and facing random people in a game like Mario Kart IS just made of awesome.

If I could, I'd travel the world to play Brawl with people in person rather then go online. I really would if I had the option.

That being said, we need to start a campaign. The "Let Sid Smash!" campaign. Or something. CT4 won't feel the same without him. :[

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
spindash, you have DMZed your Wii right? I've had no lag playing some people close by or even a bit further away when both of us had our Wii set to DMZ and no downloads going.

Rampage

vx
Jaja- Really fun, but too short D: Unless you count the time spent scouring the entire world for that one last red gem you need to find out what strength upgrade #3 is :mad:
I have no idea what you're talking about LOL I just started...I can't get through the fog in the northwest chart >: [

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
Kay.

Phantom Hourglass's controls suck. _I_ died like eight times in the first dungeon. Give me an N64/GCN/Wii controller anyday.

And:

/target pie
/strangle
F1
/lose

btw, you can't win THE GAME. you can only not lose.

Rampage

vx
...If you can't get the controls down in like...the first minute then it's safe to say you fail at DS

k? k

edit: Tiep you can't win. only not lose

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
DMZ? ^^;

Great. Outta the loop on things again. XD Care to gimme the inside scoop?
There should be a guide in the Online Forum on how to tell your router to set the Wii as a Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). Opens all ports. I found it's helped me.

And it's only 2 minute FFAs if you do random for some crazy reason. Why would you even want to play random crappy players?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Maneul I'll call you in a bit, though the rams are at Adams house. Unless he wants to come over to.

I've been practicing shield dropping for most the day. It's actually pretty cool, and really useful on some situations. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165086 You can keep ledge canceling and shield dropping if you do it fast enough it looks crazy.

Marth can even keep platform canceling f-airs and shield at the same time, when you do it fast enough it makes the game look broken.

Top Bottom