• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Metà

Smash Master
I have an idea for the TV thing. I'll give anyone who brings a TV a small reward on some events, like make them pay a couple dollars less on some events. I think that would be a pretty good incentive. Also, I'd like to get everyone's first and last names + location, and have people register their stuff with me, so I know what everyone brought in case anything goes missing.

Sorry about the controllers, whoever lost them. I tried to keep everything organized, but it got kind of hectic. : / People need to label all their stuff, like I did.

Metà

Smash Master
How could anyone who was good at Melee think Brawl is better. It simply makes no sense to me. Even less sense than this picture:

Yes that is a winged turtle attacking a strawberry.

unityole

Smash Lord
Someone give me a friggin ride and I can bring a TV probably even 2!
YEAHH plz SOMEONE give john a ride!!!!, TV ftw mang!

How could anyone who was good at Melee think Brawl is better. It simply makes no sense to me. Even less sense than this picture:

Yes that is a winged turtle attacking a strawberry.
i thought its one of those turtle from super mario world?

If we get another tourney in May, I'd do it for sure during the Victoria Day weekend, since I'll probably be on the mainland then anyway. Otherwise, unless it's a one day Saturday thing, it depends on how classes treat me (I've got a summer semester with 6 courses - darn that engineering co-op program making me take summer courses! :p).
are you a mad? engineering people should slack off xD like me!

Haha, unless it's all-brawl or during prom, I'll probably make it.

Provincials start June, probably mid June.
ty for the info. thought midjune was the time for it to finish.. garh
so I guess now i'd make the time early june, say 1st saturday of June? 2nd saturday is gamecluck, or close to provincial exam period, not good to have it.

June 7th/ May 31st, start giving me avaliability of your time, peeps!

unityole

Smash Lord
oh right, anyone need help on studying for provincial exam toward math, biology or physics 12 add my msn, jack_tuboogee@hotmail.com

free tutoring on msn man. now dont be a fuking ***** and just add me :)
just like deadly sexy vocab :o

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
are you a mad? engineering people should slack off xD like me!
Ha, that was this term. Work terms are great for no homework and makes it easy to attend tourneys. But as awesome as smash is, I've got scholarships to maintain. :p

Anyway, if it's not the long weekend, I wouldn't have a preference to a particular week, as long as it's on a Saturday (makes travel a lot cheaper). Homework can creep up at any time anyway... :p

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Winged turtle attacking a strawberry seems pretty normal in terms of Nintendo.

Now talk to that mushroom and he'll give you a tea leaf so that you can turn into a raccoon and therefore gain the ability to fly!

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
yo I'm selling Xbox360 wireless blue controller $20 and the x360 webcam $20 sealed package. [/craiglist]

samsons controller $1 lol

my # is 778-329-5810

piegopher

Smash Rookie
As I keep saying I'd love to have people over to my place for smashings, be they melee or brawl. I figure nobody lives close enough or something (near Broadway skytrain for those who've never seen my blurb). It'd be cool if we could get something going on a regular basis. I can only gain so much from playing against my roommate.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
How could anyone who was good at Melee think Brawl is better. It simply makes no sense to me.
Because of the existence of different opinions? Overall out of what I've seen, Brawl is just flat out much better imo. I can't say I didn't expect resistance though, just like a sequel for any popular thing. It always happens.

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Because of the existence of different opinions? Overall out of what I've seen, Brawl is just flat out much better imo. I can't say I didn't expect resistance though, just like a sequel for any popular thing. It always happens.

I fully agree. I don't care what anyone says against it! Brawl is WAY better than WoW

lool

Metà

Smash Master
Flat-out better? Even opinions can't overcome the mountain of over-simplification that is SSBB. It's a noobed-up version of the series I have loved and enjoyed for almost an entire decade now, and it pains me to see great Melee players siding with the new (and mentally-handicapped) kid on the block. :(

unityole

Smash Lord
correction!

mom upgraded from v1.1 to 1.3 over the weekdays, I didnt resist at all

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Evan, shut up jesus christ. People enjoy different games. Get the **** over it. At the moment, I am enjoying Brawl more for sure. I like the greater variety, the more viable characters, and I'm even used to the slower speed.

Jack, what does you not resisting your mothers advances or whatever it is you're talking about have to do with his statement

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Ewwww, you didn't resist your mom's advances!

Seriously though, someone come over to my house tonight for brawl gawdammit! The next round of the ******** EB tournament is tomorrow and I want to warm up.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Rampage man next tournament you're going down >=O!
Of course if I win you'll just be like "lol you won the noob game noob you're a bigger noob" and i'll be like "no u" and you'll be like "i'm good at lots of things" and i'll be like "no" and you'll be like ":("

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Hmm I hope there are more Brawl tournaments. Like actual Brawl tournaments. Not tournaments that have a bunch of events from old games taking priority.

Rampage

vx
Rampage man next tournament you're going down >=O!
Of course if I win you'll just be like "lol you won the noob game noob you're a bigger noob" and i'll be like "no u" and you'll be like "i'm good at lots of things" and i'll be like "no" and you'll be like ":("
For some reason you think I care about winning/losing in brawl

atm the only fun I'm having with the game is completing all the challenges and playing doubles. Single matches are boring and sllooowww and to be totally honest doubles is A LOT of fun for me. I love playing doubles in brawl. idunno why

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Flat-out better? Even opinions can't overcome the mountain of over-simplification that is SSBB. It's a noobed-up version of the series I have loved and enjoyed for almost an entire decade now, and it pains me to see great Melee players siding with the new (and mentally-handicapped) kid on the block. :(
Opinions can easily overcome that, because where you see something like being able to grab the ledge easier in Brawl being a negative change, others like me see that change adding to the off-the-edge aerial game allowing more possibilities, more risky and fun experimentations, and overall more fluid movement that suits the rest of the game. Melee's way was always gimped and stupid, and Brawl's way is better. There, different opinion. Get over it. I'm sorry you were expecting Melee 1.1, but you'll just have to get over the fact Melee players like this cool new kid on the block. Melee was always the black sheep anyway imo.

Hmm I hope there are more Brawl tournaments. Like actual Brawl tournaments. Not tournaments that have a bunch of events from old games taking priority.
Yes please. I probably won't attend another tournament where I think that is going to happen yet again.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Good luck to Oliver (piegopher) tomorrow at EB Regionals =D Hopefully you get the trip to Toronto!

For some reason you think I care about winning/losing in brawl

atm the only fun I'm having with the game is completing all the challenges and playing doubles. Single matches are boring and sllooowww and to be totally honest doubles is A LOT of fun for me. I love playing doubles in brawl. idunno why
I was kidding man :laugh:

Yes please. I probably won't attend another tournament where I think that is going to happen yet again.
Were you at SFU 6 Day 2? How did we both go and not meet. Dude :O NGGer.

New to Smashboards. Looking for people to play against in BC. I live in North Vancouver.
There's a group of guys who are in North Van as well. Come down to the next tournament! Which school do you go to if you're in college/uni?

Top Bottom