• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Press Start here.

There's a $2 entry fee, they have 4 CRTs setup, and I believe they're starting at noon, but I'm not sure on that. Yakal, Choco and I are going, and hopefully more too.

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
how come everyone keeps confirming me as "going" LOL. i never said i was going =(

i was telling yakal tho how i dont understand this whole biweekly at press start for 2 bucks (4 bucks a month, playin smash twice) in a location thats further away and harder to get to than stronghold, when we have a venue already.

i know prior to our venues we were arranging biweeklies with press start, but at that time we didnt have to pay for stronghold didnt think we could smash as much as we are at that location.

for me, it makes more sense to hold biweeklies at stronghold since we are already paying 10 bucks a month to use the venue, along with the fact that they have more CTR tv's and its at a location that many of us have been to/is easier to get to via transit.

i personally dont feel like paying 14 bucks a month to smash at 2 different locations when id only really come out 4-6 times a month to begin with (once a week roughly). but thats just me! everyone else go on sunday to support press start lol... *5 ppl r gunna show up, im callin it*

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
how come everyone keeps confirming me as "going" LOL. i never said i was going =(

i was telling yakal tho how i dont understand this whole biweekly at press start for 2 bucks (4 bucks a month, playin smash twice) in a location thats further away and harder to get to than stronghold, when we have a venue already.

i know prior to our venues we were arranging biweeklies with press start, but at that time we didnt have to pay for stronghold didnt think we could smash as much as we are at that location.

for me, it makes more sense to hold biweeklies at stronghold since we are already paying 10 bucks a month to use the venue, along with the fact that they have more CTR tv's and its at a location that many of us have been to/is easier to get to via transit.

i personally dont feel like paying 14 bucks a month to smash at 2 different locations when id only really come out 4-6 times a month to begin with (once a week roughly). but thats just me! everyone else go on sunday to support press start lol... *5 ppl r gunna show up, im callin it*
just come to my house and play mvc3 with the BEEF!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Well I don't want to go if I'm the only one going, lol.

So who IS actually going?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
me and mike decided to go press start at noon, if it's some gay noob fest with items on tournament we'll go take their smash pride and then go smash at stronghold.

cya guys on sunday no homo

t3h Icy

Smash Master
It's just another venue, with no items or all that jazz. Last time it was with HDTVs, which is why they got 4 CRTs now.

Anyway, Mike, Roby, Yakal (?), and I are going now, so everyone else come too! :D

Edit: Just for clarity once again, Sunday at noon.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Mike are you still going? I know I keep asking, but interest seems to go up a bit and then die, lol.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Well Violence is the main contact with Press Start, but since he's unable to go, I kind of took his place for this weekend, lol. I mean, it would be a jerk move for them to work with us and nobody show up, but Stronghold seems to be a lot better, and I guess that's just business.

Still though, having a secondary venue never hurts.

Violence

Smash Lord
Press Start is also cheaper.

2 bucks for melee vs 5 bucks for melee makes a difference to some people, I think.

So afaik, gc went down like this:

1. Bladewise
2. Eggz
3. Eric Brown!
4. Toph
9. Otto... defeated by none other than Adam Brown!? I had to like... ask 50 times to make sure I wasn't being trolled, no offense, Adam. I didn't even know you were attending.

good **** Brown Town

Also Eric and Toph won teams. Raep.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
gameclucks was awesome :) I just watched the matches and played project:m the whole time, but yeah it was pretty hype :p

(had one extra seat.. if i had met sion at strong hold the time i came, i could've offered him a ride... but yeah haven't met him yet or anything ><)

`dazrin

Smash Champion
toph came up to me asking who was in my carpool/ who i came with and if you have room for sion lol and i felt really bad and told him i was new to the scene and stuff, so i didn't meet him yet, but it was cool meeting him since we're both japanese :p

Patooty

Smash Ace
wtf your avatar doesn't look japanese at all.
are you even a girl?

I thought you were a girl cause when you started posting on the boards, everyone became super nice. :bee:

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

`dazrin

Smash Champion
wtf your avatar doesn't look japanese at all.
are you even a girl?

I thought you were a girl cause when you started posting on the boards, everyone became super nice. :bee:

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
lol no, im not a girl. the girl on my avatar is my gf :p although when she comes over she sometimes posts stuff on the threads im looking at lol

booshk

Smash Lord
yo ur japanese? sick LOL

LOOl tiep
btw man are u actually coming back for stronghold? : D

Top Bottom