• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

tect

Smash Journeyman
Yo BC guys, I've been here a while and I have settled in, so I can start planning on making trips to fests! This coming Friday I'm going to be in Abbotsford from early on until late afternoon, I don't know how many people can host or are available to travel there to play, but I haven't played in over 3 weeks!

You can text me at 250_._._280_$_88_$_99 =)

Also, for anyone nearby, I am living in Merritt, so if you're close by then let me know!

Thanks,

tect

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Sure, but I'm tinkering with my own at the moment, so that works. :D

Maybe do pictures too like this if you want. What do you guys like?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Sure, but I'm tinkering with my own at the moment, so that works. :D

Maybe do pictures too like this if you want. What do you guys like?
I approve a lot. Pictures are unnecessary, but could be fine. As long as they're not distracting! Personally, I think in a combo vid, an especially **** clip is better than a photo. Hype vids work differently, you see.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Alright cool. I just had more envisioned a video like "Sup world, this is BC" as opposed to "Sup world, get ***** by BC". :D

Do you guys want everything meshed together or one player at a time? And music preferences?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yo guys, I'm posting this in all the Canada threads.

I'm looking to get a national started for Canada. I know it costs ******** amounts to get anywhere from BC, but around how much does it cost you guys to get to various places in the country? I'm trying to find the average lowest cost for each region.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I'm not sure how to answer this question... It depends where you plan on having this event..

umm from flying to Ontario it's around 500 round trip? If you plan it in Alberta I think some of us would drive there... but flying would be like maybe 200 round trip?

I would need better idea where the tournament would most likely be..

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, I'm looking at either Manitoba (which seems the best place since it's generally harder for WC players to get anywhere than it is for EC) or Ontario (since I kind of live here, I'll know the area better). Alberta starts to get prohibitive cost-wise for EC players and I want the best possible attendance.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Yea Ontario is probably best regardless of cost.. It's better that you know the area your working with..

Also most smashers live in Ontario (Toronto, Ottawa, etc.) So you will get a much higher local attendance there..

Let me know when you get it set up and I will be sure to bring as many WC players as possible depending on the details and the hype of your tournament.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Good luck. That's all i can say. Hosting it in a major city in ontario like toronto would get the biggest turnout witha lack of wc players.

Hosting it in vancouver would get you a decent turnout with a lack of ec players.

Finally, hosting it somewhere like manitoba would more than likely result in the worst possible turnout with a lack of wc and ec players.

I'm not trying to reject your idea, but canada has the tendency to keep wc tournaments and ec tournaments fairly segregated. Usually due to people not having enough money to travel or a lack of commitment to the smash community from both sides of the country.

Good luck though =D

:phone:

Top Bottom