• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Sorry I couldn't make it there today guys. This whole week has been one of my worst weeks.
First Jeff destroy's my motherboard so now I can't use my computer at all.
2nd - Its gonna cost me $300+ just to get the things I need to make my new computer.
3rd - I've been feeling sick this whole week.
4th - Me and my girl are now........... On a break........ :cry: :cry:

The 4th just happened today thats why I couldn't make it.

One question for any of you... What do you get someone for there birthday when she tells your that your on a break? My present(Romantic dinner) is all messed up now.

Patooty

Smash Ace
$300 for a mobo? That's insane. You can get very good mobos for ~150.

Or are you talking about 300 for a compeletely new rig. If so that's pretty cheap. I just finally got my new comp up and running. It cost me ~2000 but it's got some pretty powerful sh*t in there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Garh, you need to support and beef up Team BC! Although I think BC's got what it needs with Eric owning, hahahar. Good job mate :)

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Wow theres a 5th thing to add to my worst week ever.
I was driving down Marine drive and suddenly there was a car crash right in front of me.
One of he car flipped over and slid towards me and woulda hit me if I didnt stop.
Well the bad thing besides them getting hurt, apparently when the car flipped its side view mirror flew out and made a giant dent in my car.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
So for replacing Ryan..... I would think it would be either Me or Mark.
I haven't seen Mark play at all yet so I would'nt know.
I have a weakness in my gameplay but i'm not gonna say it out here.... but for you who knows what Darius has trouble with, I have a bit of trouble with it also but not that much just a little bit.
I think I should really play Mark though to see who is the better choice.
If we arent going to have a smashfest anytime before the tourney and we still dont know who is going to replace Ryan. Then I will be at the tourney a bit early to figure it out if its okay with Eric.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Sorry to hear about all that shizz going on in your life there John. Better days will come, just don't be down all the time, its not healthy.

This part is to confirm something. Nik, are Peter and I getting a ride on Saturday. Just tell us the time, and we will go to your house and hopefully we can make it from there. Thanks in advance.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
ya sure John u can come early if u want to the tournament :)

Y isnt Ryan orTiep explaining y Ryan isnt coming?!
this must be some kind of joke or to make us worry...

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Blunted_object10 said:
ya sure John u can come early if u want to the tournament :)

Y isnt Ryan orTiep explaining y Ryan isnt coming?!
this must be some kind of joke or to make us worry...
come at the tournament time at least.. if u can come earlier.. :)

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Yea I might come a little earlier cause my bro has work around 12... so I might be there before 12. My friend Jeff will also be coming with me. Eric I don't think you've met Jeff yet.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Hitsugaya said:
Yea I might come a little earlier cause my bro has work around 12... so I might be there before 12. My friend Jeff will also be coming with me. Eric I don't think you've met Jeff yet.
no i havent met jeff yet...

LOL i quoted myself last post!!! :chuckle:

If Tiep or Ryan dont explain whats goin on.. ill pop!

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
dark_dragon8 said:
This part is to confirm something. Nik, are Peter and I getting a ride on Saturday. Just tell us the time, and we will go to your house and hopefully we can make it from there. Thanks in advance.
Awww, you know what, man? My sister failed her Driver's test last Thursday, so She won't be able to drive us anymore.... And my mom is going Hawaii on tuesday, so that She won't be able to drive us either.... I guess we have to bus it again... >.<

Don't worry guys, we should be there in an hour if we take MY ROUTE. I found that it was a lot faster than that 2 hour peice of crap.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
x_nintensity_x said:
Awww, you know what, man? My sister failed her Driver's test last Thursday, so She won't be able to drive us anymore.... And my mom is going Hawaii on tuesday, so that She won't be able to drive us either.... I guess we have to bus it again... >.<

Don't worry guys, we should be there in an hour if we take MY ROUTE. I found that it was a lot faster than that 2 hour peice of crap.
Can I call that path... the 98 B line. Because if it is, Peter and I might be better taking that near our houses because it is right there. I have heard it is the fastest way.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
No, Troy, I believe the 98th is the UBC -> Broadway Station one. The one i was thinking about is the 99th (I think) which goes along Granville B-line to Richmond Centre. From there, we take the 410 Railway to Eric's house. I"ll talk to you and shoe later on msn =]

Victa

Smash Rookie
This tourney i might not be participating but i still will be there. have a great time guys

Radius-86

Smash Ace
I would love to, but I'm eating dinner downtown to celebrate Jeremy's birthday. We both could use the practice, but that's the way it is =(.

CowEar

Smash Ace
Vancouver, BC! ryan Ryan RYan RYAn RYAN!!!!!
Ryan=) said:
Good job on the tourney everyone. And peter helped a lot more than he thought, without that one stock off jarrod we wouldve lost the second set of the crew battles. I would do the shout outs but... there wayyy too long.. :lick: So gj erveryone

maybe we should have another day for 1v1s? =(.

Ummmmmmmm/\
..................|
..................|
..................|

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Being the busy S.O.B. I am, I can definitely see I've fallen back in Smash. During my last semi-retirement several of you guys have gone far ahead of me now. I have a pretty rough time with Nick in 1v1s, and Ryan, Tiep, Eric, and Adam are a handful. I think Peter, Troy, and Jeremy are also in this predicament (Jeremy still doesn't have the game). No doubt John and Jeff will whoop the two VanTechies, Jeremy, and myself in the near future. I'll do my best to keep up. My Marth might seem good at the moment, but that comes at a cost - I'm pretty rusty with almost all my other characters (with the exception of Roy - he got much better, but he's completely useless against Adam's Ganon at the current moment rofl).

Hope I did my part in crews - I was extremely tired and I had no morale so mentally I was not really into playing, but if you guys think I did fine, then I'm glad. I did my best.

Definitely invite me to smashfests. I will see if I can make it. I am checking this thread more regularly again, so I'll be easier to keep in contact with. Also, why don't we have gamefests? We can play some Mario Party 7 together when it comes out next month. Who's the best at rapidly tapping A in BC >_>.

Anyhow, kudos to all of you, you all did a great job. And adam and Eric taking teams, congratulations. I'm sure your parents are proud :p. I'm sure we all had a great Sunday... and then bam, school hits you in the face >< (for those of you in school).

Well take care guys, I'm out.

Oh, special shout out for Tiep, since he's so special - you once said "I never knew Roy could be so good", and I say the same thing about Mewtwo. Your Mewtwo is looking pretty good, I had more difficulty than I thought. That Roy vs. Mewtwo match was great fun.

Patooty

Smash Ace
:)

I learned Roy after seeing you use him Darius. That was a long time ago though. I'm pretty good with him now, except when it comes to fighting Mike's DK. He wasted my Roy. It took my Zelda to stand up to his DK. For God's sakes. ZELDA!!

Anyway, Mewtwo is just something that I picked up. He's really fun to play once you know how. Otherwise he's frustrating cause he's big, light, moves weirdly, dies quickly, weak, and probably never does what you want him to. Once you get past all that, it's AWESOME. Yup, I went and learned the Art of Mewtwo about 3 days before the tourney :) I tried picking up Bowser before, but they moved him up a few tier spots so he's nothing special anymore. I like to pwn with the lowest of the low (excluding that ****ed Pichu of course..)

I beat Aaron's Fox with Mewtwo 2-0 :chuckle:
I need more Mewtwo accomplishments for my Smash resume now..

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Yeah man, Its just them Space Animals that you ALWAYS hate playing, right Darius? =]
If you keep on playing the experienced then you'll learn eventually. For me, I had to learn it the hard way by being 2-3 stocked by Eric's Falco all the time. He still does that to me. Somehow along that way, I have realized that using Falco isn't just my ONLY option, you know, I still have a variety of other characters to learn, but I just don't USE THEM.

I don't know if I told you guys, but the Money Match with Carl on Saturday night, I COULD have done better if I hadn't use ALL FALCO LAST NIGHT. What a stupid decision, man...

Do you guys get what I mean, by being on fire, then after a while, that fire slowly runs out? Just like a limit Break. Sometime during that Saturday night, after crew battles, I felt that my Falco was running out of gas, due to the fact that my hands were SO WARMED UP, that I took advantage of it by playing with more Falco, Less Sheik, Less Marth.

And I got punished for what i've done.

SO NEXT SMASH, I'll see what I can come up with when I play you guys. *muahaha*

Haha anyways, Homework is killing me, I'll just keep on trying to find my lost wallet...

...Wait, i just read my whole entire post right now. Do I sound dramatic to you? maybe I should take up acting XD

Patooty

Smash Ace
Too late! I stole Mewtwo, there's nobody else left! Looks like you're stuck with Pichu. So next time we smash, show something awesome with Pichu. That would be a great shocker :laugh:

... I think BC has all the other characters covered...

edit: btw, I think it's either me or Adam for pressing a single button the fastest. I forgot how fast Adam was, I think it was higher than mine, but my record is 12 times per second :chuckle:

Top Bottom