• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Instead of LOW tier characters, i'm gonna go with a bunch of high tier characters that you never see me use, ie. Dorf, Peach.... but if I really feel like it, then i'm gonna go to some low tier character =]
Dorf is mid. Do not go making him out to be high tier plz it makes me cry :cry:

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Well, if I can actually make it on Remembrance Day (think I can) then Y. Link already has a player ;) I'll just suck at him :( I'll use winter break when I have my GCN back to learn to SHFFL xD I'm so noob... I just starting being able to sex kick right...

And I still sometimes boomerang instead of up+b ._.; It's like Sheik's chain problem...

Patooty

Smash Ace
John, if you wanna test your Samus, you should put it up against Ryan's Fox, or Samus. I can' t really play Samus unless I'm really up to it.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Yeah this is going to be at my house. You guys know where it is, unless you guys forgot.
Don't worry its not going to be in my small living room you guys were in last time. The upstairs is a lot bigger.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
All the people who'd actually be tricked would never money match because they're around my level. And everyone's broke anyway ;_; BTW, looks like I'll probably be able to make it =D

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Firestorm88 said:
All the people who'd actually be tricked would never money match because they're around my level. And everyone's broke anyway ;_; BTW, looks like I'll probably be able to make it =D
Thats good to know... You will would probably learn a lot from this, seeing as theres more people to play with other then the usually DT people. They wouldn't be good practice either. None of them wavedashes except for Jeff and myself. Joe says that wavedashing is useless... which I think is stupid.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Did I see people thinking wavedash is necessary? I guess one handed players like Chu or Alpha would think otherwise when they beat people who use 2 hands. Maybe for some characters though... I used to think wavedashing with Luigi was necessary...

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Patooty said:

I have the urge to beat Joe with every character..
LoL I have the same urge... He is pretty bad though. He always plays FD because when we played on battle field. I was fox and he was marth, I did my up throw on him and he hit the platform at the very top and he never l-cancles and I get him with the uair, then he complains that the level is so unfair. I was about to tell him to l-cancle, but I didn't because he kept complaining and said I was cheap.

Patooty

Smash Ace
0.o Marth is supposed to OWN at Battlefield.

Anyway.. if he sees some of us fighting, he might realize that nothing is cheap when he sees that everything we throw at each other can easily be countered. If he calls too many things cheap, just ask him why it's cheap and see if he can throw back a logical response. I mean, it's not like the stage even MOVES (like stadium). If he can't deal with platforms that stay still the ENTIRE round, then he's got some real issues with dealing with his environment.I could type a whole long thing about cheapness, and Battlefield not being cheap, and the Marth vs Fox matchup being a fairly even one, but I'd just be preaching to the choir anyway, it's not like he reads these boards.

Make it a $1 tourney, and he might even care enough to come out of it learning something :laugh:

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Yea I wanted to do a $1 tourney but they know there gonna lose so they didnt want to pay... for some reason I don't know why but someone at DT has been talking about me and know that I play in tourneys. And currently Joe isnt going to the tourney cause it was full when it was a Jeff's house, but now its at mine so I still need to ask him.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Yeah, I can understand where they're coming from. Paying to get owned :chuckle:
Well, if it's any comfort to them, you can say that we're all using our low-tier characters.

Anyway, the $1 doesn't matter much to me. It's just that a lot of the times, prizes make things more.. "formal" and the top 3 placers feel like they really earned their spots.

I wanna try some Fox in friendlies at this thing. I pulled off some pretty nice moves on Ryan today with Fox. I didn't even know I could move that fast with him. When I play Fox, I can actually be a technical player, it's great. Do any DT people play peach/marth/falcon/ganon or any other characters that I can waveshine? :lick:

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
What's the limit on # of people for this? and how many are coming so far...?

Wavedashing isn't THAT usefull. I mean it has it's purpose, but there are WAY more things in the game of smash that I would say are more important to be able to do.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Not sure on who plays who yet. Just a few. The one I know are.... a Marth, a Fox, a Falco, a YoungLink, a Jigglypuff and Jeff play's Peach, Marth, and Falco.
And Adam I'll get back to you on how many people there are going to be (At a friends house right now and doesn't have the list.). The limit I'm guessing that would be able to fit my upstairs room (Mostly my room) is about 14-16 people. Or I might be able to get some people into the room thats connected to mine... which is my moms small room when she is living with us.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Ok ill just post everyone's name who is going even though you wont know them, but Tiep and Firestorm(Rushan) might know.

1)Me
2)Jeff
3)Tiep
4)Ryan
5)Eric
6)Adam
7)Nish
8)Danny Ho
9)Danny Tam
10)Andrew
11)Ricky
12)Steven
Now its maybes or people I have to ask Jeff if there coming or not.
13)Ivan
14)Alex (Will only go if Ivan goes because he wants to kick Ivans ***)
15)Rushan (Not sure on you yet. Cause you said probably earlier)
16)Joey (No clue at all cause I don't talk to this guy.)
17)Joe
18)Kevin

People who will probably be scratched off the list because of work or don't feel like going anymore are... Joe, Joey, Ivan, Alex, Ricky and Andrew.
This is a lot more then I acually expected... So if you get bored easily bring something to do LoL... like Rushan is most likely going to bring JSS... and I have a comp with CS if anyone wants to play while waiting.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
John, I'm coming unless my parents tell me that I'm we're taking a trip out of the blue. I asked my dad, and he said probably not. So I'm 99% sure I can come =) Jason can come too, but you don't have him on the list. Jason Lin. Kevin Le also wants to come but you haven't asked him, he knows how to wavedash, so he's not entirely nub ;) Just nub like me... The two Dannys also know advanced techniques. Anyway, get in touch with Kevin.

PS: Yes, I'll be bringing my DS, Jump Superstars, and Advance Wars. Danny H will likely bring his DS too. If anyone else has a DS, bring it =) Or buy one + Advance Wars... Or wait 'til November 28th and buy the Mario Kart DS bundle ^_^

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
K heres the list now...
1)Me
2)Jeff
3)Tiep
4)Ryan
5)Eric
6)Adam
7)Nish
8)Danny Ho
9)Danny Tam
10)Andrew
11)Ricky
12)Steven
13)Rushan
14)Jason
Now its maybes or people I have to ask Jeff if there coming or not.
15)Joey (No clue at all cause I don't talk to this guy.)
16)Kevin

This is more like it... its getting smaller :laugh: now we can stay out of my moms rooms.
Oh yea... Hope you guys dont mind sitting either on my bed or on the floor cause everything up here is part of my old room which didnt have any couches or anything... and my bed is on the floor without and bedframe because I cant move that up by myself...
Rushan msg me Kevins msn when you can.

KevL

Smash Rookie
Hey guys

Been lurking around the site for a while. Somehow wandered onto this thread during web class and figured it was time to sign up and post. So yo, it's Kev.

I know most of the DT'ers by now, I think. (Rushan's group, Joe's group, Tiep from last year, and Jeff and John)

So yeah, I'll be looking forward to this Friday, and I'm pretty sure that I'll make it.

For John, my MSN: lekevin96@hotmail.com

TTYL

PS: I own you Rushan. Lol @Joe posts.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Joey can make it. So everyone is now confirmed. 16 people is a good number =)

And why the hell does quick reply not include signatures?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Is CowEar = Ryan = Tiep's Brother? And is your Y. Link your main? I need to watch a good Y. Link play >.>;; I spiked two people today! Gradually improving XD! Thumbs up to me (b^.^)b

Winter Break Checklist:
- learn to SHFFL
- learn to spike
- learn to spam bombs and actually hit >_>;
- figure out the range of that piece of crap hookshot... I seem to miss by 1mm each time ;_;

CowEar

Smash Ace
Vancouver, BC! ryan Ryan RYan RYAn RYAN!!!!!
Grrr i hate being called "Tieps Brother"

Yeah... im Tieps brother, but i dont main as Y.Link hes just one of my low tiers :) but Someone else whos coming mains as a Y.Link and sometime he can beat my fox.

Oh Yeah I think Peter said hes coming john

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Things I have to say for now: (some can be random.)

1. I'm not going to the tournament.
2. I have homework.
3. I have this Remembrance Day family dinner I HAVE to go to, and I can't change it.
4. I ordered a Black DS from Lik-sang.com. SHould get it in 2-4 more days. Will receive Mario Kart on the day it comes out (order'd online.)
5. I'll money match ANYONE In Tetris Attack, note to self that GBA version is going to come out.
6. Peter/Shu Has JSS, will moneymatch ANYONE ANY PRICE.
7. Haven't receilved my Nintendo Power Yet, the 2 recent ones, so i'm going to send an email to nintendo and complain..
8. Canucks lost 3-4 to Calgary.
9. Gotta find a way to take down eric's pichu, its too good for slow characters

10. There's something wrong with ALL OF your posts. Ryan is NOT TIEPS BROTHER....

HE'S MY BROTHER. MY PIMP. MY OWN. =]

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
nintensity(sorry guys, don't know all your names), I haven't got my last two Nintendo Power either, but I just recently re-subscribed. If you just subscribed/re-subscribed, I'd wait abit longer since it usually takes a really long time for the first two issues. If not, just send 'em an e-mail. When I didn' recieve my issue in 2001, they gave it to me free without question. And can't wait to play you guys in MK DS ;)

And I hope I can play that Peter guy in JSS. I won't money-match him, butI want someone human to play against XD

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I might not talk much this friday cause right now my throat hurts soooo much, and I don't know when it will get better. So please don't make me raise my voice and such.

Top Bottom