• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Patooty

Smash Ace
Top:
Sheik
Fox
Marth

Upper:
Peach
Falco
C. Falcon
Samus

High:
Jigglypuff
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mario
Ice Climbers

Mid:
Luigi
Link
Roy
DK
Pikachu
Zelda

Low:
Ness
Young Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser

Bottom:
Mewtwo
Pichu

Enjoy choosing your low-tier guys.
Mid and down are tourney legal for low-tier.

Patooty

Smash Ace
lol, i thought you included mario in your list of characters so i put the list in.. guess I just got confused by looking at your sig :dizzy:

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
x_nintensity_x said:
i'll pwn you all with my DK next time XD
lol is that a challenge (which I will lose)? DK ditto Nik, 0$ and umm yeah lol. Tiep and Ryan, I wouldn't mind low tier matching with you guys, that should be darn fun. For me I find lower tiers really fun to use, and it is an excuse to finally use them.

Patooty

Smash Ace
I always play free matches, but I wouldn't mind taking up any low tier MMs now that you mention it, Troy :lick:

Also, I always found (me) lowtier vs hightier is usually funner than a lowtier fight. People usually pick lowtier when I do though cause they never expect that a low-tier guy could have a chance against their main :chuckle: You should bust out some low-tier sometime just for the heck of it. I bet you'd be surprised at how well you do. Nick probably doesn't remember it, but the first time I played Zelda against his Falco, I won it :) Man, I was quite surprised at that seeing as how his Falco gives my Samus trouble..

.. I'm ranting now.. :kirby:

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Patooty said:
I always play free matches, but I wouldn't mind taking up any low tier MMs now that you mention it, Troy :lick:

Also, I always found (me) lowtier vs hightier is usually funner than a lowtier fight. People usually pick lowtier when I do though cause they never expect that a low-tier guy could have a chance against their main :chuckle: You should bust out some low-tier sometime just for the heck of it. I bet you'd be surprised at how well you do. Nick probably doesn't remember it, but the first time I played Zelda against his Falco, I won it :) Man, I was quite surprised at that seeing as how his Falco gives my Samus trouble..

.. I'm ranting now.. :kirby:
lol I don't money match... at all. Just playing for fun is a good enough rush for me. Plus you guys are friends now. Low tier vs high tier is fun, it is almost like you have nothing to lose. The last time I went to Nik's house who did I use... Luigi, Link, Y.Link, Roy, Pikachu, Ness. I remember I played Nik's Falco with Bowser a couple years back, I took only one stock off of him early and that was it. Maybe next time you guys will see some other characters like my garbage Yoshi and Kirby.

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Wow Yoshi is in low tier now? Ouch. I thought he was still in middle. He's pretty good. Quite fast, quite strong, and pretty heavy sideways and up. Only set back is you can't jump from blocking, and his recovery is more predictable than others. But I didn't think it would hold him back that much. But hey, I guess this gives opportunity to pick him up and give him a try.

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey B.C. guys, I'll be in surrey somewhere between december 11th-21st. I was wondering if I could get some Canadian smash in XD problem is that I won't have a car or a TV to play smash on >_< So I will need a chauffeur to pick me up and drop me off later :p anyways i want to smash, get some SoCal action out of me ^_^

(I made an identical post in the B.C tourney thread XD sorry, had forgotten about these boards)

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Ya hopefully someone can pick u up...
Any Ideas of where are Next tournment in December will be....
(I know theres my house, but it would be better if we had a bigger place for more people and Tv's)
Find me a good place or somethin and ill pay...

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
IMO your house is the best right now, Eric..WE should really host a tourney when Tavo is coming

ALSO, is anybody INTERESTED IN SMASH, MY HOUSE, THIS SATURDAY, FROM 1-5? MSG me, yo ^-^

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Hopefully if Tavo can get a ride, then Nick's house hopefully can do as well. More than one time smashing plus different locations. It's just that I know Nick's house is usually free... hopefully. Maybe just plan out a mini tournament for now?

Patooty

Smash Ace
Eric, to tell you the truth, I've fallen in love with the food at your house sometimes :laugh: and IMO, good homemade food beats more space anyday. If you don't mind holding it, then I think it's best that we do it at your place.

Mini-tourney before tavo comes over sounds good too :)

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Patooty said:
Eric, to tell you the truth, I've fallen in love with the food at your house sometimes :laugh: and IMO, good homemade food beats more space anyday. If you don't mind holding it, then I think it's best that we do it at your place.

Mini-tourney before tavo comes over sounds good too :)
I guess that is nice too. I don't want to force cooking upon your mom though Eric. But it is dang good food (remembers chicken). I guess it's okay if it is at Eric's, I gotta find a way there. Anyone giving Tavo_7 a ride though? Also Tiep I was thinking of a mini tournament with Tavo in it, but I am not sure how many people it will have so... mini could turn into a bigger one.

I just realized that we are slowly meeting new people cuz of these tournaments. Thanks to Adam and Eric of course. First tournament was all local, second had 2 SKYPALers and several WA people, third on had the best of Edmonton... pretty crazy. Just a random cool thought.

Patooty

Smash Ace
yeah.. I was thinking the same thing too. It's cool, cause the better we get, the better we NEED to be in order to compete. The bar is raised each time, it's like an adventure game :laugh:

I'm sure we'll get tavo's ride in order soon enough. I have no idea how surrey is though, so if nobody can give him a ride, then I might be able to if somebody comes and shows me the way.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Well to Surrey its 40minutes there and 40minutes to my house..= 1hr 20min:p

anyways good food yes...
well depends how many people cause i want a well Run Tourney!!!
well we will see what happens in between....

Mini tourney at Nicks sounds good and Saturday 1pm-5... ill have to check about that..

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yeah seriously though guys. If we ever wanna hold a BIG tourney, like AT LEAST the size of what we held at my moms house the other day. I strongly suggest we rent out a community hall or something and just put like 10% of everyone's entry fee towards paying the rental fee. That IS of course if we ever decide to host anything that big...>.>

It's cool and all that my mom is down with having all those people over and making you guys food, but come on... it would be nice if SOMEONE else hosted one of these things for once... :ohwell:
I'm tired of having to chase after ppl sometimes to see if they are coming, and organizing the whole thing, getting all the TV's set up, etc. it's alot of work...

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
xXx-NoobKing-xXx said:
Yeah seriously though guys. If we ever wanna hold a BIG tourney, like AT LEAST the size of what we held at my moms house the other day. I strongly suggest we rent out a community hall or something and just put like 10% of everyone's entry fee towards paying the rental fee. That IS of course if we ever decide to host anything that big...>.>

It's cool and all that my mom is down with having all those people over and making you guys food, but come on... it would be nice if SOMEONE else hosted one of these things for once... :ohwell:
I'm tired of having to chase after ppl sometimes to see if they are coming, and organizing the whole thing, getting all the TV's set up, etc. it's alot of work...
Nik has a place where he played Magic the Gathering or something where the guy said we can use that area. It is in Vancouver and it is a place, but we need tvs and cubes and such. I think the place is called Wally's. Sorry for making you do all the work though Adam, it sounds tough. Next time, I think we should all pitch in for a well run tournament.

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Can't smash this Saturday (5th), next Friday (11th), or next Saturday (12th). On the 5th and 11th I'm booked after work (I finish at 6pm so I wouldn't be able to make it anyways). Going out for dinner on the 5th and playing laser tag on the 11th. On the 12th I'm actually not working, but my friend's party takes the whole day ><

Another time, another time

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
WALLY'S is about the Size of Eric's TV Room, (Without the Pooltable the couch, etc. So we can fit probably 7-8 TV's there. PLUS, Wally's will attract Random Noobs, so its gonna make the pot go higher XD

Sorry guys if you can't make it to Saturday, Darius, and John, but lets see what can can get! I'll ttyl, yo, i' may not post this evening cause i have homework and crap. Lates.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
haha Ryan the people that say there good are usually nOObs! havent u learned?
Ryan if they dont give u the money then i shall get the money personally myself...

Nick i will most likely come to your house Saturday with my bro probably...

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Hey Eric you can come Nov 11 if you want. Was also wondering if you can bring a T.V. Cause Right now this thing is held at Jeff's house but he only has 1 T.V. and we don't think we can fit everyone into his living room.

I want to hold it at my house but my T.v. that we are going to be using is a kinda small one. And I doubt people would want to play on 1 small T.v. I want to hold it at my upstairs of my house if there was another T.v. I would use my big screen T.v. but my living room is smaller then my upstairs room.

So if any of you can bring a T.V. then tell me on msn or something.

Tiep, Ryan, Eric, and Adam may go to this. Nick you can come if its being held at my house which will only happen if theres another T.V.

[EDIT] Oh yea if theres a 2nd T.V. it would probably be a good idea if you could bring you GC also with smash and memory card of course.

Patooty

Smash Ace
probably.. I don't know if your TV would be able to fit into my car though :ohwell:

Anyways, word has it that we're all going low-tier here? :)

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Wally's thing might go off, cool. Thanks Nick for mentioning and offering.

Ryan - You gotta make sure they got the money man. Usually a mediator would hold the money from both players. Good luck if challenge the noobs lol, you'll do well for sure!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
LoL I'm not sure but i'm going low tier... Luigi or Zelda. But if its against you guys then I might go high but low tier on the nubs :laugh:

And yea to my house it is if the tv fits your car.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Ok, He'res what i'll do:

Instead of LOW tier characters, i'm gonna go with a bunch of high tier characters that you never see me use, ie. Dorf, Peach.... but if I really feel like it, then i'm gonna go to some low tier character =]

Top Bottom