• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
LOL Sorry man, I sorta forgot. There were soo many people on my mind on what to say about them, and I totally forgot about you man. Its not that I creamed you. It was a pretty close match near the end. On Corneria. My Falco vs. your Marth was pretty hard. I had to chose that stage cause the Wall prevented me from getting killed the other way, and that it helped me excape some of your combo's due to the "wind" of the stage. Your Falco is pretty nice too, I liked them techs that you can do. For me, I CANNOT tech with Falco. I don't know. I always have the wrong timing when I get thrown to a different platform, that I have to know WHEN is the right time to start pressing the R button to tech. Argg i've been playing with too many cpus lately, that I haven't really givin myself some time to actually go to someone's house to play some smash...H

LOL, Troy, nice pic that you took on my webcam. I saw that on my webcam program just this morning. Kinda woke me up with a start hehe XD Overall, too bad you had to leave early, man, i guess that you got kinda hungry or something, or that your mom wanted you to come home early. But you should've seen some Fzero stuff that Darius did....CRAZYY!!!!

Anyways, I apologize about not putting you down in my shoutouts from my previous post, I'll remember to do that in my future shoutouts later on.

[Edit]OH SHOOT I forgot about John too XD.... I'll do one later, I promise man.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
lol No Prob Nick, I just wondered if I made an impact at all yesterday.
I'll tell you right now Nick that any tech takes 20 frames to do, so that is 1/3 of a second. You can hold the L/R/Z button (whichever you use) a little early and still tech, so keep that in mind. We gotta play Falco dittos because those are pretty fun for me, and will give me some much needed practice if I want to look Bomb Soldier like.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Tactic, BTW, do you have any vids of Bombsoldier? I've only seen like, ONE. But I really want to see more of them. Can you like, upload them and send it to me? I want to get into the "Bombsoldier" playing style.

Patooty

Smash Ace
omgwtf.. I don't wanna have to deal with bombsoldier-like flacos. :grrr:

Anyways, if we have another smashfest, we should have a mock-crew battle just to see how things run, and to see what goes well with what. It'll be good because we don't wanna be completely new to crew battles by tourney-time.

CowEar

Smash Ace
Vancouver, BC! ryan Ryan RYan RYAn RYAN!!!!!
dark_dragon8 said:
lol No Prob Nick, I just wondered if I made an impact at all yesterday.

Im pretty sure you could've beat me in pools yesterday if you didnt mess up with the first match and for the next one if you used marth.I also learned a new combo watching you play nick with marth in corneria.

I wanted Peter to come so i can play Jump Superstar again :p

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Nick, I really didn't do anything to your GC, but I must admit it was pretty weird how it just fixed itself. As for the F-Zero, I'm glad I beat Chapter 9 Very Hard for you but I won't be beating Chapter 1 or 5 again in a long time =P. My picture, I'll have to check my home computer to see if I've got one, if not, I can take one and send it (though most likely I'd be too lazy to do that).

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
LOL Adam is at it with the grass now....

What? The Tournament's ALL FULL?! interesting...how many people now? Did you update the list on the first page of the tournament?'

Yeah, darius, My GCN has had it. Yesterday, it BLEW UP, ALONG with my CORRUPTED Memeory CARD.... Heheh luckily I managed to transfer all of my data to another memory card before it got corrupted XD

man, if i actually DID lose all of the data, imagine all the hard work Me and you put into it....
17835 KO's with FALCO---- ALL GONE X_X

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Well you could leave the computers to play each other - 1 Level 9 Handicap 9 Falco vs. 3 Level 1 Handicap 1 anything, make time 99 minutes, pick Flat Zone =).

By the way, late night smash sounds good, cause I do have work and all on the weekends. Hanging out with you guys is good fun and practice.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
I think I got the most vids of Bombsoldier out of everyone. Before the Japan tournament, I had 5 videos of Bombsoldier under the name "bomusoru" (which Kei translated to Bombsoldier). His videos from back then were impressive still. It's a shame some people didn't grab the videos of CJ's site when they had the chance, I'll upload em and anyone who wants to see can ask me for them.

And Ryan lol, those matches were fun. We'll play again next time too.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
dark_dragon8 said:
I think I got the most vids of Bombsoldier out of everyone. Before the Japan tournament, I had 5 videos of Bombsoldier under the name "bomusoru" (which Kei translated to Bombsoldier). His videos from back then were impressive still. It's a shame some people didn't grab the videos of CJ's site when they had the chance, I'll upload em and anyone who wants to see can ask me for them.

And Ryan lol, those matches were fun. We'll play again next time too.
You wouldn't have happened to get any videos of Aniki's Young Link would you?

Radius-86

Smash Ace
I used to be into downloading videos, I had all the videos of CJ/Masashi/Brown Mario/Keropi and whoever else that was distributed by a member on the boards named SuperJoppe (I don't think he's around anymore). Those videos were super old though, like 2002/2003. I haven't really watched or downloaded any videos since the last year, so I'm pretty clueless as to how the rest of the world plays now. But I got quite interested ever since I read Tiep's post about him getting 4 stocked by Azen in a 5 stock match in an MLG friendly. I was like, what?!

Patooty

Smash Ace
Yeah..it's all mindgames at the higher level. No matter what I did against Azen, I was punished for it, because the fact is that I JUST did it. I didn't do anything leading up to my moves that would suggest that I was going to do anything else. One time, I got hit by his ganon, and as I was flailing about in the air, I decided to techroll away from him thinking that getting some breathing room would be the best thing to do. OMGWTF Guess what, the hitbox for his d-air was waiting for me BEFORE I reached my stopping point on the techroll. No johns on that game either, it was probably one of the best games i've ever played. I mean, it's not everyday you see someone f-smash azen into a missile that you set up :) Nowadays when I watch vids, I usually look out for the mindgames. That's what impresses me most.

I think Eric had the most matches with Azen out of all of us (Azen-hog :p) so he should be sharing all the nasty tales with us.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
dark_dragon8 said:
Firestorm, yes I do have a couple of them.
I'd really appreciated it if you could upload some for me =) I've only been able to see Caveman's y. link and a few of someone else...

And Tiep, now you know how I felt when we played >=O Anyway, Azen has human hax.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Patooty said:
Yeah..it's all mindgames at the higher level. No matter what I did against Azen, I was punished for it, because the fact is that I JUST did it. I didn't do anything leading up to my moves that would suggest that I was going to do anything else. One time, I got hit by his ganon, and as I was flailing about in the air, I decided to techroll away from him thinking that getting some breathing room would be the best thing to do. OMGWTF Guess what, the hitbox for his d-air was waiting for me BEFORE I reached my stopping point on the techroll. No johns on that game either, it was probably one of the best games i've ever played. I mean, it's not everyday you see someone f-smash azen into a missile that you set up :) Nowadays when I watch vids, I usually look out for the mindgames. That's what impresses me most.

I think Eric had the most matches with Azen out of all of us (Azen-hog :p) so he should be sharing all the nasty tales with us.
haha well i did beat Azens Mewtwo with Fox: :D
I also Got my azz kiked by him as well while he was Fox against my Doctor Mario.. i got 3 stocked..
i vsed his Luigi with my Marth and got 1 stocked i think...
and he used Pikachu against my Fox and he 3 stocked it i think...
Those are the only matches i remember:p

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Yeah for me I played against Azen's Roy, Marth, and Peach...
The outcome was soo terrible that I didn't even bother playing him again. PERIOD.

Roy 2 stocked my Falco
Marth 2 Stocked my Sheik
Peach 3 Stocked my Marth

PLUS THAT WAS AFTER THE TOURNEY I WAS LIKE ALL WARMED UP AND HE STARTS OWNING MY ***..

BAM BAM BAM that's like a Kick in the balls multiple times, man....

But yeah, after that, i'm starting to imput MORE mindgames into my Falco Sheik and Marth at the Higher level. Well, for my Sheik and MArth, but not really my Falco....His Dashdance and Wavedashes are terrible to do mindgames...for me, its just SHL back and forth, Wavedashing are my only mindgames....pathetic. Sometimes I actually pull off a Darius and wait for my opponment to make a move.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Sid = Sheik
Mike P = Doc
Mike W = Jiggs or Sheik
Nick = Mario or Luigi
Aaron = Peach
Carl = Falco
Shawn = Fox
Luis = Marth
Jarrod = Fox or CF

I'm pretty sure that's the deal. But expect more fox's and sheiks...

Everyone who's on the B.C Crew...

1. Tiep
2. Ryan
3. Eric
4. Adam
5. Victa
6. Wilfred
7. Nick
8. Darius
9. Peter

I hope you all SEE this list, and pick your char's wisely. I already know who most of you will be. But let me know some time over MSN or something who you're using, so I can make a list of all of B.C's chars without A.B seeing...

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
I think Mike knows about the chars we're gonnna use for the crew battle....except for Darius, cause he's "Hidden" XD

BTW its the 19th. GUESS WHAT THAT DAY IT IS? MY BDAY!!!! WEEEEE
you guys better owe me something or else i'll headshot you all in your sleep

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I'm not 100% sure on this Nick, but I think they changed it from 1 year to 2 years before you can get your N. So if you just got your L or are about to get it I think you'll be with that L for 2 years. Remember i'm not 100% sure on this, just a lot of people have been telling me this.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
No, L -> N used to be 6 months, but got changed to 1 year. If you do a course at an ICBC approved driving school, you can cut it down to 9 months. I got my L on December 31st 2004! Haven't gotten into the driver seat once yet though >.>

Patooty

Smash Ace
omg, a celebrity visit by Azen Zagenite :laugh:

Firestorm's got the idea.

L = 1 year
N = 2 year

I believe the class you can take cuts down your L time by 3 months, and your N time by 6 months. I'm not too sure about that N time though. And dude, don't worry, most L drivers don't get behind the wheel until just before the time when they take their N test. After that you get a lot more driving experience.

Eric, how goes the request for Saturday smash? I been getting so many noob challenges lately, a lot of people sayin' how they're all good and they beat all their friends and they'll kick my asz. LOLZ I went 4-stock studios on them. Anyways, I'm hopin' i can play some REAL smash with you guys on Saturday. Fingers crossed :chuckle:

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
If you guys are having that smashfest on Saturday don't expect me to be there cause my chance of getting there are pretty low. My mom really hates driving down there cause it takes atleast 30min but she drives kinda slow so it takes 45min.
I don't know if I really want to take the bus there.
So pretty much the only way you will see me there on saturday is if I can hitch a ride.

[EDIT] This is of course a ride there and back.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Haha Tiep, you could probably 4 stock some of us too man.

Duong was telling me how there was this guy from Gladstone High School that said he was so good with Sheik... let's just say that Duong's Luigi (who that guy believed to suck) showed him up... badly.

Anyway now to the main point, I canot make it on Saturday anywhere as I have to do family stuff with my grandma (who is in a care home). Sorry, I got told today and I cannot plan anything. So I guess like no practice unless the strike thing still goes on. Good luck everyone and train up Team B.C.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Good stuff for Duong. noobs are attracted to Sheik a lot of the times. Haha, I love it when noobs come to realization that they're not so great. It turns their whole world upside down. It's like.. "okay.. if i can beat all MY friends, and you can completely own me.. and there's a TON of people that can beat you.. " And then they realize how much of a small fish they are in the pond. It's only good when they're really show-offy though. Honest noobs aren't so bad.

Well, I'll be writing midterms for the next little while.

How is next wednesday for everything? If the strike is still on, I mean?
We can have a smashfest this saturday (up to Eric), and then we can have one on Wednesday as well since I get off at 1:30 on that day. Maybe that will work bett0r for you, Troy?

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Patooty said:
Good stuff for Duong. noobs are attracted to Sheik a lot of the times. Haha, I love it when noobs come to realization that they're not so great. It turns their whole world upside down. It's like.. "okay.. if i can beat all MY friends, and you can completely own me.. and there's a TON of people that can beat you.. " And then they realize how much of a small fish they are in the pond. It's only good when they're really show-offy though. Honest noobs aren't so bad.

Well, I'll be writing midterms for the next little while.

How is next wednesday for everything? If the strike is still on, I mean?
We can have a smashfest this saturday (up to Eric), and then we can have one on Wednesday as well since I get off at 1:30 on that day. Maybe that will work bett0r for you, Troy?
First. Good luck on midterms man.
Second. If the strike is still on, then it would work
Third. Depends where the smashing will go on
Fourth. Thanks either way for a suggestion

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
well, since my mom's place isn't an option as she is at some work conference thing till sunday. I suppose we could do this at my dad's place on Saturday. I will be busy from like 1-3:30 ish so I won't be here. It will just be my brother and then when I come home i will pwn j00 all. Let's say... 11am - whenever, sound good?

ALSO. I need all of you to tell me on MSN the chars you are using for crew battles. I've been preparing to counter A.B and their chars based on how well I think certain ppl would do against other ppl on the A.B team. I have made a list of CC's and have been sort of strategizing on how to exploit A.B's weaknesses. I want to show you all the list and get some feedback. So, yeah, if ur ever on msn, msg me and I'll show you what I got going so far.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
WOAH ADAM NOT ON YOUR 1 TV lol we have to bring a tv, yo...someone has to do it, cause i'm definitely gonna bus there. (Usually now, my mom doesn't drive me anymore)

Top Bottom