• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
It would be fun to have our own who gets in the Top 10 Tournament kinda thing though,so then theres some pressure which is good to practice before going into a Tournament. If there are 10 or less people at Nicks on Saturday then we should just practice then.

So wuts the list for the top 10 in BC in the Crew battle?

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Sounds like a proposal for a money match, heh.
Small update for you Nick, Jeremy will be going.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hitsugaya said:
I acually would be surprised and annoyed if he did come back as Blunted_object9...
Trolls are so annoying.

And Rushan we should try to get together and have a few matches with each other with Nish Alex and Joe. Maybe even Danny or Jason too.
That wouldn't be too bad. My teachers are still on strike so I'm free. I haven't been playing much SSBM though >.>;; Don't have my GCN on me, it's at a friend's house, and I've been spending all my time with Advance Wars DS and Jump Superstars =p

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
You guys think fighting for captain spot should be done? I mean I am perfectly fine with Adam being captain. He has the most experience, he has FACED Alberta before and knows quite a bit more than we do on how to play them... who else is better? If anything, Wilfred or Adam is fine with me, fighting for the captain spot... that is something I haven't heard of (no offence). The "best" isn't always the captain, the captain just has to be smart, and willing to make a crew and help out and listen to us, I think that fits Adam perfectly.

EDIT: Koopacalypse is too good haha.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hitsugaya said:
Rushan add me to msn black_dragon5555@hotmail.com
We can try to meet up and smash one day since the teachers are on strike.
I guess. I'm sure Danny would want to come too, he got worse because he didn't play (he doesn't own the game) >_>;; And you still haven't told me who you are =p All I know is you were at Joe's house =p

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Firestorm88 said:
I guess. I'm sure Danny would want to come too, he got worse because he didn't play (he doesn't own the game) >_>;; And you still haven't told me who you are =p All I know is you were at Joe's house =p
LoL my bad... Im John. We don't really know each other I just know your name :laugh: I think right when school started and we got our courses, I asked if you were the one who played Y.Link and told you I knew a few people who are really good at Y.Link.

I don't think Danny could have gotten that bad. I saw he had a few combo and L-Cancling. He might still know how to do all that stuff if he had a few warm up games. Like Nish doesn't own the game and first time I played him he wasn't to bad... I think he beat Tieps friends too. IMO thats very good for someone who doesnt practice at all...

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
You know what: I think the Captain for our Team BC should be...
******************SPOILERS, DON'T SCROLL DOWN*****************
RYAN XD

Wait wait...to be honest I think that there SHOULDN'T be a team captain (I'm voicing my opinion), because - what would be the purpose of the team captain? To make sure everybody is doing great? Well, I think that we can do that ourselves here. We're not babies. We're Team BC biatch XD
Also, I think that having a Team Captain won't do much, it will just create arguments on who's better than who. It will also create inequality in our team. Sorry guys, That's what I think it should be. =\.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Lol I saw the original post there Nick and who the original captain in your mind should be ahha.
Now that I think over Nick's post, since people are arguing whether there should be "fight for captain position" or nominate people or something else, this might get out of hand and actually turn into disliking of others. I know nobody wants that to happen. The no captain thing can work, and hopefully it won't hurt anyone's feelings.

Victa

Smash Rookie
it's either no captain and just pick top nine or we fight to the death...heh...

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Well, actually, I don't really care....I thought about it, and I don't mind who is gonna be captain. They're not really gonna do anything different than us 9 people, so i don't mind.

Its the "OMG i'm captain i'll pwnt you all and alberta" that would be going out of hand.
I just hope nobody does it. XD

Yeah, so maybe we should all have a vote to see "IF we want a captain first."

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Yeah... I don't think there is a real point in having a captain... If there was one I wouldnt care or anything.

Side Note: Someone help me think of a quote for my siggy... Mission Complete isnt what I really want.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
lol 'Gotta watch out for that headshot" is pretty cool. XD

TIEP , RYAN , ADAM , WILFRED , AND VICTA: I need a FACE picture of you for our SWF Bannner that i'm going to make. FACE Picture! I know you ladies like to show off other parts of your body, but the Face is ALREADY ENOUGH! Send it to my Email, or PM me for the link. Thanks guys.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
LoL Nick... If Shu was here I bet he would get annoyed just seeing that siggy :laugh:

Hmmm still need to think of a quote... Gonna be up all night thinking of it... and editing my sig.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
LoL Do a Barrel Roll.... HAHAHA...
Just remembered can't stay up all night. Gonna go meet up with you and Danny tomorro at Jeff's. Nish should be going to so expect to get some good competition Rushan.

[EDIT] Oh yeah Adam, did you talk to Mark about selling his GC? Tell him to add me on msn or msg me his msn.

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Hmm, looks like I've got Sunday off too, so if you want to kick my *** in smash just let me know and I can probably go over to whoever's place. We can probably see who's still up for more smashing on Sunday when we all meet up on Saturday. If no one is then I'll sit in my room staring at my wall waiting for Path of Radiance =p.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
IT starts at 12pm and ends at 7pm so.. 12-7pm

im there by noon at leaving early at 5 since my moms got to do some stuff after and also we dont wanna take the bus home:p

GOOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM BC!!!

EDIT: OMG someone named Blunted_Object9 signed up for the tournament...

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
LOL You shouldn't have given the n00bs ideas on making a Blunted_Object9 XD

***NOTICE***
For those who are able to come by car, please, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO, to BRING A Med Size TV. Obviously, we're gonna be playing Downstairs as usual, so we cannot play on the BIG SCREEN TV. This is because of my mothers strict rules on having 10+ people come over.

I ONLY HAVE 1 Reg. Sized TV. PLEASE BRING ONE! That would be awesome...

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Yea there is a Blunted_Object9 signed up on the event calendar, but Eric and I can't find his name on the members list. I think he just got banned right away.
Doesn't matter. I don't really care about trolls just ignore them.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
x_nintensity_x said:
LOL You shouldn't have given the n00bs ideas on making a Blunted_Object9 XD

***NOTICE***
For those who are able to come by car, please, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO, to BRING A Med Size TV. Obviously, we're gonna be playing Downstairs as usual, so we cannot play on the BIG SCREEN TV. This is because of my mothers strict rules on having 10+ people come over.

I ONLY HAVE 1 Reg. Sized TV. PLEASE BRING ONE! That would be awesome...
Im sure we could bring a medium Sized TV over... and also a Gamecube with memory card of course.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
x_nintensity_x said:
hehehe nice see you all tomorrow, smashers...
Hopefully I will make it. Freakin 2 birthday parties on this day as well, and my mom isn't letting me go to both. So if I say I'm going out, I wonder where she thinks I will go right. So I apologize if I can't make it tomorrow.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Hey guys. It was nice to meet everyone again. I had fun today, I had some pretty intense matches too. Just some quick mentions:

Wilfred, good stuff mangz. Your Peach kinda gave me a scare there :p I really have to practice up on Peach's castle.

Victa, you better not have been sandbagging that :laugh: You're either losing your touch, or my mind games are becoming too much. :)

Eric, good ****z on second place man. Wish I could been there to see the battle of you vs Ryan but I had to face Wilf.

Troy: ****, I wanted to face you today, but I had to go right after all my matches. I hope you're still doing well. I was watching your Fox vs Adam's Falcon and you still look as scary as ever. Keep it up man.

Darius. HOLY CRAP. Nice matches dude. Like I said, I haven't had a match as intense as our 3rd battle in pools in a long time. Were you nervous near the end there? cause I sure as hell was. Didn't look like you lost your touch at all from your break from smash. lolz, I'm gonna be nervous if I get you at the tourney now :p Train up dude, I'm expecting an explosion from you at the tourney :)

I don't know how everyone's pools went, but here's a recap of today's final results:

1. Tiep
2. Eric
3. Wilfred/Ryan

Good job everyone.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
DAMMIT I just wrote about 3 pages of Shoutouts, and I accidentally clicked a Link on this page..... LOST EVERYTHING.

All in all, thanks Smasher for attending^-^

Me, Adam, Tiep are deciding the top 9 currently, on Unbiased opinions.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Any updates on the Top 9 for Team B.C.? So far this is what I think in no particular order.
1) Tiep
2) Ryan
3) Eric
4) Adam
5) Wilfred
6) Victa
7) Nick
8) Peter/Troy/Jeremy/Darius/Me
9) Peter/Troy/Jeremy/Darius/Me

Last two spots I think is one of us, but I would think Darius and Troy should take those spots but its not my choice and the rest of us are like backup if someone cant make it or have to leave early.

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Yeah Tiep, I go on and on about the awesomeness of our matches with Jeremy (he's probably sick of me talking). You're my man!

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
x_nintensity_x said:
Yeah, Right now, its between Darius, Peter or Troy to be in.
Okay look at the situation this way. I don't think you should like tell us like play each other and "Whoever wins is in" because you gotta look at what works for team BC. PS And I'm going to make this look cool too.

Darius
-Can use many characters, a good element of surprise
-DI master, nobody will out do him in DIs
-He can beat many people, and he hasn't even been in practice. If we all trained more together, he would be in better shape
-Knowledge is amazing of the game of SSBM
-Does not like a certain move and has trouble against it (msg me for info).

Peter
-Can use low tier characters, a major surprise on team AB
-He does have bad habits from playing computers
-Sometimes cannot change strategy in the midst of battle
-Does not know character match ups too well
-Fast fingers and great l cancelling skills
-Has his own style as he does not watch many videos

Troy
-Can use many characters
-Gets to darn nervous during tournament time and important matches
-Technical player, but needs to learn mind games
-MIND GAMES AGAIN
-If anything, he will crack a homosexual joke to distraught the other team
-Is filming the tournament!

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Well Troy has to decide between a birthday party and a crew battle - if he skips the party to stay longer then he might as well play in the crew. I don't think it's fair to him otherwise.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
As of now, Alberta only has 8 people coming.

1. Mike W
2. Mike P
3. Luis
4. Jarrod
5. Nick
6. Sid
7. Carl
8. Shawn

Soooo, that means we cut down the list...

1. Tiep
2. Ryan
3. Eric
4. Adam
5. Victa
6. Wilfred
7. Nick
8. Darius

I've talked it over with a few people, and most of us seem to agree on this. IF for any reason, one or more of these 8 people is NOT able to make it to the tournament, then these will be the replacements ( off the top of my head order, starting with the first replacement)...

1. Shu
2. Troy
3. John
4. Jeremy
5. Mark (D-DAY!!! ****'S GOIN DOWN!!!) (OMG WTF, WE PWN IN CS, GOOD TIMES AT RUSH YO! :laugh: )

Patooty

Smash Ace
dark_dragon8 said:
Okay look at the situation this way. I don't think you should like tell us like play each other and "Whoever wins is in" because you gotta look at what works for team BC. PS And I'm going to make this look cool too.

Darius
-Can use many characters, a good element of surprise
-DI master, nobody will out do him in DIs
-He can beat many people, and he hasn't even been in practice. If we all trained more together, he would be in better shape
-Knowledge is amazing of the game of SSBM
-Does not like a certain move and has trouble against it (msg me for info).

Peter
-Can use low tier characters, a major surprise on team AB
-He does have bad habits from playing computers
-Sometimes cannot change strategy in the midst of battle
-Does not know character match ups too well
-Fast fingers and great l cancelling skills
-Has his own style as he does not watch many videos

Troy
-Can use many characters
-Gets to darn nervous during tournament time and important matches
-Technical player, but needs to learn mind games
-MIND GAMES AGAIN
-If anything, he will crack a homosexual joke to distraught the other team
-Is filming the tournament!

Haha, I like thos points for Troy. Anyways, seriously now, I'll give my opinion on this. Again, this is just my OPINION, but I will try to be as OBJECTIVE as possible.

Darius:
When Darius battled against Eric, it was either one of two reasons that made him lose. It was either the aforementioned "move" that Troy talked about that made him lose, or it was due to his mindgames. The reason I think Darius did well overall is because his mindgames are sharp. Honestly, when I play SSBM, I am far from the most technical player there is. Heck, I can't even l-cancel 90% of the time let alone all the time. My play is based around my mind games, and taking advantage of the other person's play style. When I play against Darius, I believe the reason that he does so well is because his mind games. A lot of our battle is fought in our heads (maybe that's why they hurt so much afterwards.. or it could just be because I keep hitting my head on Nick's light :laugh: ) He also doesn't leave many openings in his playstyle, and his mindgames are about on par with mine. However, I'm not sure if Darius just has the ability to only SEE the mindgames, or to actually DO the mindgames. Again, when he fought Eric, it was either his lack of the ability to DO the mindgames that made him lose, or it was the fact that he hates that "move".

Peter:
Peter has a very good overall game. Troy is right about him having his own unique playstyle. Sometimes you expect him to do one thing, and he does something completely different. Not only that, but the "different" thing actually WORKS. It's not his low-tier characters that will have the biggest surprise, it's his playstyle. IMO, it's actually Peter's non-lowtier character that surprises me the most. Not only that, but Peter is quite a fast player. Just watching him last week inspired me to pick up l-cancelling a bit more seriously. Knowing the speed that a character is capable of is kind of neat. Peter, I think, is at the point where he can only improve off experience. The experience of playing more people. If we were to have another smashfest, Peter, make sure to play as many different people as you can. Of course everyone benefits from experience, but I think this will help you a lot if you focus mainly on the other person's playstyle and mindgames. When I see Peter play, he always works in some neat tricks with his characters. His characters are fast AND unique. He has a very good control on all of this characters. His mindgames are there, his speed is there, and his control is there. The one thing I think he's missing though, is the ability to pay attention to what the OTHER player is doing, and to counter it.

Troy:
Troy, I can't say that I've played you too often, but when we have played, there were a lot of even matches. Sometimes you would beat me and I would beat you. The speed that your characters have are simply amazing. The reason that I think you do well against me is because of your speed. Just like when bombsoldier fought masashi, bombsoldier was just so fast that masashi had no chance to work in any mind games. That's like us, you're bombsoldier and I'm masashi. When I play you, it's like I'm almost forced to play offensively, otherwise I'm just gonna be a standing target for you. And of course I can't beat your speed, so then I have to find a balance of offensiveness and mindgames. It's really quite a challenge to play you, just on your speed alone. You think you lack mindgames... that might be true, but that would only be due to the fact that you don't attend as many smashfests as all of us. When you play other people is when your mindgames build up. I think that if you could combine some mindgames with that speed that you have, you would be like some kind of monster masashi/bombsoldier fusion. It's almost scary to just think about. Other than that, I don't know how you could improve. You definately know quite a bit about this game and your tech skill is almost 100% spot on, just make sure to warm up before playing anything serious. Tech skill + mind games = win. You're only missing one part of the equation now :)

After all is said and done, it comes down to one thing. "Who is going to be on the team?" That question should be answered not by who is the best INDIVIDUAL player, but who can do the best against the most amount of people. And by "do the best" we not only have to look at who wins a battle. Winning is good and all, but in a crew battle, it's about stock. If we were to judge who does the "best" we would have to look at the closeness of the battle, and how much stock everyone took down. I think that is how we should decide on our last spot. Meaning, that we're gonna need 1 more smashfest. We could just jump right into a giant round robin, and not count wins, but count stock as points. Haha, sorry if it sounded like I chickened out on a vote for who should take the last spot, but that is my honest opinion. I just can not pick between these 3 guys. They're all very deserving of the spot, each having their own strengths and weaknesses that could benefit the team. I think we should leave it up to hard results that decides it.

...So, 1 more smashfest, giant round robin. Stock for points?

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
If anything Tiep, that would be just big practice for the crew. Since Mike said Aaron wants to go, I would nominate Peter to go up. I am talking to Adam about it now. It's the freaking element of surprise man, who's gonna expect character "x" to come at you with that ferosity. And yeah, Peter's speed does amaze me sometimes, its fun at times to go all out speed with him. Duong, Peter and I will train together no matter what and help you guys out too. I am pretty sure that any character match ups people have, you can come to me if you want practice.

Once again. 9 v 9 crew battles so far, could actually be 11 people if Steve and Travis come. Hopefully there can be some notice of people coming to actually get things settled.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Good post you got there, Tiep. You did a very thorough explantion on the 3 Smashers that are coming close into the "Top" 9 people.

I wouldn't really say the "Top" 9, even though we DO have the top smashers in BC. its just that I feel that everybody is around the same playing level. I'd have to admit that I totally screwed up yesterday against Eric's FALCO DITTO and Ryan's SPACE ANIMAL matchup. My Falco is starting to lose ability against the Speesters, I guess. I just can't seem to get my combo's very consistent. Sometimes I can get a very good combo or to agaisnt Eric, but yet again, his Falco just blows me away. I'm quite proud that Eric has surpassed me in Falco's... But yet again, ANY Falco can win in a Ditto match, but for me, I just can't seem to combo Eric/Ryan now. Maybe its because they are younger than me, that they have more time on their hands to practice WITH THEIR BROTHERS.

Man, I wish I had a brother (I do, he works at EA, but too "OLD" to play smash now. He's married btw.).

Darius, You really blew me away in that one match when my hands were so greasy from those onion rings that Victa had from A&W. I'll play you tomorrow, shall we? I just want to see where you're at in terms of skill level. Like what Tiep said, I haven't really expereinced playing agaisnt you lately. But I promise, I'll give it all I got playing against your superb Mindgames. I really don't know how you do it, but I think that you actually WAIT for the attack from the opponment before you can do something. You wait. that's all. Darius, I want to thank you for you helping me fix my GCN, after it went all garbage on us yesterday during 2 intense matches during the tournament. I guess your Fzero skills fixed it, No? Anyways, Thanks agaiin for helping me beat Fzero on the last Chapter. I can't believe it actually took me, what, 7 hours just to beat? C'MON! You even did it in like, 30 minutes! Man, from now on, i'm gonna have to call you "The Nintendo Expert," a person who spends countless hours achieve 100% on all games. Maybe I should play you in Tetris Attack one day. Have you heard of that man? BEST PUZZLE GAME, EVAR. When I was in Seattle, I played against the Japanese guys, Kei, Yagi, and Isai (he's Japanese. Trust me.). I did OK, but after that, I got soo hooked onto that game that I couldn't really stop putting the game down on my SNES. I'll see you next time, man.

Adam. Good job with your Falcon, even though I didn't really play in in a REAL best of 5 matchup yesterday. I'm going pretty well with my Sheik, but yet again, Its very easy to master Sheik.You just have to know WHAT to do when I play certain characters.

Wilfred. Its great to see that you can perform well with other characters other than your peach. Its just that I haven't really see you use other characters in a while. That just sorta surprised me.

Victa. Great best of 3 man, but I really want to see you use Peach next time against me. She's my only target from now on until the Tournament against Edmonton. I'm gonna have to watch out for her Turnips and your luck.

Tiep. Too bad I couldn't play agasint you man. Its been a while since I last played against you, and that I really should work against good Mind game strategy. For me, I'm just all head-on Falco that needs to "Predict" where the opponment is going, so that I can grab him/her and followup with my combos. that's like, my only crappy mindgame. Anyways, about YOU, its great to see you acheive the tops in our little tournament yestetday. Maybe Next time i'll have it in Brackets. Good job agaisnt Darius too. You two have to be the Mind game expertees in this province. Great job with your performance. Also, nice picture on m computer ^-^, I'd try photoshopping it so it would soo look like your younger brother, andI got some pretty results. ****. My photoshop skills are hot right now.

Speaking of Pictures. I need a list of pictures from these people:

Adam
Victa
Wilfred
Darius

Send them over so I can make a DBR Banner out of it!

Ryan. nice job with your Fox yesteday, It totally blew me away with your pretty interesting Counterpick during the tournament on Youshi's story. Somehow, i'm gonnna have to Hope that I won't have to face you in the tournament on the 29th. Anyways I loved the pic that I took of you after the tournament that I actually posted the pic in my Display Picture on MSN. All of my girlfriends were like "OMG is that your brother? he looks sooo cute!" and other junk that I decided to take it off. I didn't want all of my ladies to be like "Ryan>Nick" or something. I would be too jealous. HAH I can't wait to show your picture to Edmonton later on. Anyways, great job with yesterday, man, I'm gonna have to start workin on my falco against Fox/Falco matchups against Edmonton X_X I heard that they have like, 5 Foxes in their crew. Uh oh...

Anyways, Thanks guys for coming over. It was a blast- 11 people! Lets try to have a better turnout next time! OH YEAH!

****NOIICE****

Just to let you guys know, I won't be able to have another Smashfest on October 22nd. That's a Saturday. its because that I have a TKD tournament I have to attend, and I'm not really allowed to be excused from the tournament....Time to do some headshot YAH!

If possible, can one of you guys (Adam/Eric) have a Smash thing on Saturday for the rest! I might be able to make it in the evening, Maybe we can hold a 6:30-11 p.m. late night smash. hehe **** we'll be smashing all night.

WE HAVE TO PREPARE AGHHH

Anyways, I'm tired. Gonna start reading this book that I got at the library. Zzzzz...

Lates, Yo.

-Intensity-

Top Bottom