• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Info about Wallys tournament for Tomorrow since Nick is gonna get the exact Date and stuff...

Nick said hes gotta make a thread about it, so we can get the times and the place..
The cool thing though is that we dont have to make the Brackets since they have some kind of program on the computer that does that and shows how many Stock left, %, etc. There will be 6 TV's and great food.... :)

Patooty

Smash Ace
zomg food

/faints

coolsauce.. Adam, when are you leaving? Thursday? mm.. i'll be open maybe on wednesday if anyone wants to smash. Tuesday/Monday I'm in school until 5:30 - 6:00. It's a bit short notice, but it WOULD be nice to have something for Adam :)

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
When is Adam leaving and where? I just heard he was going somewhere.

I still can't forget what Nick did. He asked me if he could move my clothes which was in the basket... then all of a sudden instead of moving the basket he pushes the clothes onto the floor. I'm like what the hell are you doing? LoL

Patooty

Smash Ace
eehhhh....

The match was a Samus ditto friendly sandbagged match. I only sandbagged because I thought we would have singles later where I would probably have to face Shawn anyways when we both made it really far, so I didn't see a point in going all out on our first match. Anyways, Shawn and I both know that kind of match doesn't mean much. I was hoping to use our singles placings.. and if he beat me there, I would have gladly not only taken the title off, but told Shawn that the title was all his.

I will take the tag off for now though.. Even though I sandbagged (Shawn probably fudged it a bit too, I don't know how much he fudged it and that's probably the issue here), and we didn't have singles, I know that we're probably around the same level. Shawn, I want your opinion on this too. How much did you sandbag? :)

In crew battles (which is probably the closest thing we had to "singles"), when I didn't sandbag, I mowed through a few Albertans, but in the next crew match, got 4-stocked by Mike, which I found strange, but that makes my skill level anywhere between ubern00b to semi-pro. Shawn, IIRC did well in his first crew match, and then got 1-stocked by my bro in the second one.

Anyways.. those matches are the best skill-comparison we have. Still want to hear Shawn's input.

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Before Wednesday only leaves... Monday and Tuesday? I'm not free either day. I get the feeling I'll never play smash with Adam again until 6 months later, like what happened last time from April to October ><

Patooty

Smash Ace
Anyone planning on going tomorrow? If so, you can expect some good smashing with myself and Ryan there as well. Come on guys, come and see Adam for one last time.. possibly until revolution smash comes out...

FREEDOM MATCHES FOR ALL. (That means I won't sandbag :p )

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
x_nintensity_x said:
Note: The Revolution will be coming out during May, so maybe we might be able to play against Adam online XD
Nope. It will come out after the business quarter or whatever, so that means anywhere between April 2006 and December 2006. Reggie Fils-Aime let slip that Virtual Console info will be revealed in May (E3) so I say Revolution is later than that. My guess is November 2006 =/

Patooty

Smash Ace
Earliest speculation is for June, however, more realistic speculation hints at somewhere around Q3.. September is what I'm thinking. Nintendo said they wanted to release near PS3 time. We all know it's gonna be AFTER the PS3 release which is what.. March? Also, May + the summer time = poor release date from a business perspective. Athough a November release might be really far from the PS3 release date, it would be good for business with Christmas right around the corner.

So it could come out anywhere from after E3 2006 to December 2006, but I would bet on September - December.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
PS3 doesn't have a release date either. if XBOX 360 bombs, Sony will take their time. If 360 sells well, Sony will rush out.

Anyway, I left a black controller at John's house. If anyone picked it up by mistake, I'd like it back please.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
OMG I didn't say goodbye to Adam. Well I know somehow he will see these messages while he is in Ontario, so yay! We'll miss you man, better smash it up with those guys there and come back stronger than ever.

I missed a lot... freaking school work and such. But it seems like everyone just seems to be getting better (I sound like a broken record, but it is true). Once I finish X Men Legends 2 : Rise of The Apocalypse in normal mode and hard mode with SUNFIRE and IRON MAN, then everything will be all smash from there lol. That X Men game, wow!

Thanks Nick for looking into Wally's too, update us with any info you can at any time.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Almost forgot to talk about Wally's..

Nick, try to reserve December 17th since that's the Saturday when Tavo is here, plus it's probably gonna be when all you highschool'ers have Christmas Break so you don't have to worry about weekend homework.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
I don't know the exact address, but its along E hastings, about 1 block from the PNE. if you know the Rogers video there, its like 4 stores beside it.

Also, thanks tiep for explaining to me about the relese of the revolution, maybe its about time for me to start saving up for a new gcn, i guess.

Also, tiep, i'll try to schedule the 17th of December Weekend, so it EITHER COULD BE A SATURDAY OR A SUNDAY, so I hope that's ok with you guys.

BUt i'm NOT TOO QUITE SURE IF I CAN ACTUALLY GET THE PLACE OR NOT, so in the meantime, we might have to consider eric's house again.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Well, that's the luxury we have for planning early. If we can't get it at Wally's, then hopefully we can schedule it somewhere else.

As for the tourney date. Hm.. a lot of people seem to like Saturdays, but if Christmas break has already started, how do you guys feel about Monday/Tuesday if Nick can't get it on a Saturday/Sunday? I think Tavo said he would be here until the 21st? That gives us.. until Wednesday I think..

Top Bottom