• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Stevo

Smash Champion
so that was a good smash fest guys

thanks to all who came out ;)

Next one this sunday on my brand new wii!

Who else is getting wii? Anybody?

Oh and I really want to come to BC again for that tourney in december... but I dont know if I'll have the money :(

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
haha thanks. ur doc DESTROYED me though. lol :(
power rankings for bc sounds good ;p
edmund didnt did he?
i took 9 stocks with 2 stocks tho 8D
lol yah u have my msn troy. im bigheadwilfred lol
bighead= bh. :p
OHHHH, darn my bad dude. I didn't get that Wesley - Wilfred connection. I didn't know that, well you learn some new everyday then haha.

lol I also remember the talk of doing more crews, and at that time with John and I on the same crew. Darn, makes me think of a while ago when I was thinking we needed a smashboards vs gamefaqs battle. Too bad not a lot of gamefaqs people were that dedicated and also too bad they were almost never found.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
whats a power ranking.
and wesleys head sure is big

ya... the 2nd crew battle wesley took out roby's 1 stock, joey's 4 stocks, and my 4 stocks, only losing 2 =Z

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
Me? BIG HEAD??!! WTF! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Too many false comparison dammit....

First it was me and victa are brothers.....
Then it was me and edmond are related.....

and now I am somehow big headed and have a connection with a guy called wesley that I never even met??!!

Next time I come....I gonna wear my contacts, and might have to dye my hair blue and bash my head on the wall just in case.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Well before the thread for the Panel is made. Do you guys agree on those panel list people? And if you do then I will talk to them. The top 3 can be debateable and then the 6-15 or so still are unknown.

Unless I will just make one then will just change it when we talk.

Im getting a Wii in 3 days.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Since this is the first edit i'll ask for some opinions.

John - Placed really high in singles and doubles in recent tournaments. Has no real doubles partner and has been using new people for doubles each time but yet does good.

Ryan - Also has placed high in singles and doubles in some recent tournaments.

Tiep - Placed in 4th a whole bunch of times but have been doing good in doubles.

Eric - Hasn't been placing top 4 anymore except for the one at North Van. Has also been falling in doubles.

IMO:
1st: John
2nd: Ryan
3rd: Tiep
4th: Eric
5th: Adam

This is not the REAL rankings but what I think from based on the recent tournaments/Singels/Doubles, How well they play against everyone. I have also counted 0C2 and that freebie tournament we had with S-Royal.
Also its not only about how HIGH they ranked but who they faced in that tourney.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Nihonjin Oh sorry but we will be making one but what I meant up there was that what I posted was not the real rankings. It was just my opinion of what people thought about it.

Sorry for the confusion xD

I think thats what you meant when you said "Guess I have to read better next time >_>"

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Nihonjin Oh sorry but we will be making one but what I meant up there was that what I posted was not the real rankings. It was just my opinion of what people thought about it.

Sorry for the confusion xD

I think thats what you meant when you said "Guess I have to read better next time >_>"
Guess I failed at reading twice :urg:

Anyway, just make sure its according to the rules and PM me if you need anything.^_^

CowEar

Smash Ace
Vancouver, BC! ryan Ryan RYan RYAn RYAN!!!!!
Since this is the first edit i'll ask for some opinions.

John - Placed really high in singles and doubles in recent tournaments. Has no real doubles partner and has been using new people for doubles each time but yet does good.

Ryan - Also has placed high in singles and doubles in some recent tournaments.

Tiep - Placed in 4th a whole bunch of times but have been doing good in doubles.

Eric - Hasn't been placing top 4 anymore except for the one at North Van. Has also been falling in doubles.

IMO:
1st: John
2nd: Ryan
3rd: Tiep
4th: Eric

This is not the REAL rankings but what I think from based on the recent tournaments/Singels/Doubles, How well they play against everyone. I have also counted 0C2 and that freebie tournament we had with S-Royal.
Also its not only about how HIGH they ranked but who they faced in that tourney.
IMO, we base the5 of us intirely on the next tourney cuz we're just too close in skill

Metà

Smash Master
Okay, I translated the "I will destroy you" into Latin, but I suck at Latin, so I just tried to use French grammer, I'm probably not doing it right though.

: (

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
first of all John.. S-Royal beat me in winners and losers.. and got 1st place in the freebe one.. and i did better then Ryan in singles in both recent tournaments... and Adam is falling apart in teams not me...:laugh:

S-Royal for 1st in BC!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Eric! S-Royal beating you is no excuse >.> I had him in winners and losers as well not only you. Not good blaming other people in teams Eric >_> I teamed with Jeff last time but was able to do good and we all know Jeff isn't close to a top notch player.

I also don't think we should base it intirely on just the next tournament one tournament is bad to base the ranks because someone might have an easy bracket.

Ryan was able to beat Captain Jack in a pools match which is a HUGE accomplishment and he seemed to do better against S-Royal then you, Eric.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Are You Joking?

I remember when Eric owned everyone for free, do you remember that, John? I thought you might. I don't recall Eric ever saying "OHHH I'M SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU". Even to me. Let's hear some respect for Eric. It is fair to say he had a tough bracket. He is also quite humble in comparison to other good smashers in BC.

edit::// didn't Eric place higher than ryan in the last 2 tournaments? and beat him by a bit on the oct28 tournament?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I don't recall Eric ever saying "OHHH I'M SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU". Even to me.
What are you talking about?

I also had a hard bracket too you know. I had to play Ryan S-Royal Tiep and S-Royal again. Thats about as hard as a bracket you can get but I haven't said anything about it.
Again you guys gotta think about it. Sure Eric CAN beat Ryan but how about other people. Ryan is able to do good against all the Japanese players at 0C2. Eric didnt go so we can't tell how well he would do. Also again I must say its not ONLY about how high they rank in a tournament.

Manuel your post seems like your mad at me from my opinion. I am not hating on Eric at all or anyone at a matter. Im just saying that Myself and Ryan have been doing good over all against everyone. Sorry if im rude to you at any way I don't mean to but you haven't been around at all lately except for that 1 time so you can't really say who is better then who.

Kyuu TEAR+J aren't arguing actually most of us has actually agreed on most parts. No offense to Adam either but he might be on the verge of being surpassed by someone.

A few people agreed on Eric for 3rd and Tiep for 4th and Adam for 5th.

Some other people like Manuel for an example are favoring some people over others just because they like them and because they are nice and not basing it on skills.

From what I have heard from most people.
1st: John (Debatable)
1st: Ryan (Debatable)
3rd: Eric
4th: Tiep
6th: Nick?
7th Herschel?
8th: Troy?

I think I should add this. Unbiased opinions is what we need.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
What are you talking about?

I also had a hard bracket too you know. I had to play Ryan S-Royal Tiep and S-Royal again. Thats about as hard as a bracket you can get but I haven't said anything about it.
Again you guys gotta think about it. Sure Eric CAN beat Ryan but how about other people. Ryan is able to do good against all the Japanese players at 0C2. Eric didnt go so we can't tell how well he would do. Also again I must say its not ONLY about how high they rank in a tournament.

Manuel your post seems like your mad at me from my opinion. I am not hating on Eric at all or anyone at a matter. Im just saying that Myself and Ryan have been doing good over all against everyone. Sorry if im rude to you at any way I don't mean to but you haven't been around at all lately except for that 1 time so you can't really say who is better then who.

Kyuu TEAR+J aren't arguing actually most of us has actually agreed on most parts. No offense to Adam either but he might be on the verge of being surpassed by someone.

A few people agreed on Eric for 3rd and Tiep for 4th and Adam for 5th.

Some other people like Manuel for an example are favoring some people over others just because they like them and because they are nice and not basing it on skills.

From what I have heard from most people.
6th: Nick?
7th Herschel?
8th: Troy?

You said step it up. That's exactly what I intend to do.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord

1) I had to play Ryan S-Royal Tiep and S-Royal again. Thats about as hard as a bracket you can get but I haven't said anything about it.

2) Ryan is able to do good against all the Japanese players at 0C2. Eric didnt go so we can't tell how well he would do.

3) Manuel your post seems like your mad at me from my opinion. I am not hating on Eric at all or anyone at a matter.

4) A few people agreed on Eric for 3rd and Tiep for 4th and Adam for 5th.

5) Some other people like Manuel for an example are favoring some people over others just because they like them and because they are nice and not basing it on skills.

hehe okay john.

1) Yes, you did mention it.
2) You're right, Eric COULDN'T go, so it is unfair to use Ryan's success at 0C2 as a comparison to Eric
3) I'm not mad at you, bud. I know you're far better than like... just about everyone. Just for sure Eric doesn't deserve to have things thrown in his face.
4) I more or less agree with that.
5) I am not favouring someone over ANYONE. I really do not like eric more than I like you. In fact, I talk a lot more to you than I do to Eric, and I like you cuz you're also nammer. Also Eric is not necesarily nicer. I don't choose favourites when observing the skill of a smasher. The only time i would be biased is if we're talking about tiep, cuz i think he friggin rocks.

That list looks pretty good.

Also, I'm looking forward to taking on Nick, Troy, Darius etc. I know a lot of them are better than me... but we'll just have to see the results, no?

LET US NOT FALL APART! UNITED WE STAND! Power to the Marths! and the PEOPLE!

booshk

Smash Lord
troy:
lol the wilfred thing is a long story... and the bighead thing ... also long story.. lmao
yah but i just added the two together ;)

that guy who thinks he is bigheaded no I AM BIGHEAD

and power rankings are u guys gonna do to like 25 or something lol

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Okay after talking it over with almost all I could. Im making the Panel list RIGHT NOW.

This of course is the first edit and it will most definately change after the tournament. This is just what I hear from most people. kk making it now.
Top15 for now.

eszutu

Smash Rookie
can we uhhh not rank the people at the bottom of the list? Just include the top 10 or so - just so some of me doesn't get too embarassed or nothing

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
If there are people who at the lower end of the list, I hope that might be a wake up call to step it up. I know Adam feels like he needs to at a potential 5th place... AND HE'S 5th!

Don't worry too much about the list too guys, it is just a little something for us but I would think would be a bit more beneficial to others who wish to play us (OOS). Remeber that this should not bring about any arguments among us, only opinions and facts to back up what you say. These will be the only bits of information useful to rankings, so this is what the panel must think about too.

PLUS - even if you get the top 5 to play one another, it doesn't really matter who wins. It matters the most when others come to play and who is the most versatile and consistent then. The Dec.16th should give us a strong impression in the rankings, at least that is what I am truly waiting for.

BTW- Thanks John for setting and organizing this.

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
as for rubik's cube power rankings go
1st: Greg ftw!
2nd: schmagen.
........______..........
......./ \_\_\_\........
...../\/ \_\_\_\..........
..../\/\/\_\_\_\........
....\/\/\/_/_/_/........
.....\/\ /_/_/_/........
.......\ /_/_/_/........

I have a life ...:(

edit: the cube's distorted :(

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
hey

sry really off topic...

ive been reading up on the wii... deciding if i should buy it sometime soon or just wait for brawl...
and im wondering
on lots of sites this question has been answered... kinda =Z
can i connect to the internet with the wii if i dont have any router or wireless internet or lan internet hooked up to it? some people thought that the wii connects with other wii's in the area to access internet

otherwise... since i dont have wireless =Z thats more money spent grr

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Wii can hook up "cabled" with an attachment, iirc.

$PITE for top tier! Anyways, I haven't played some of the panelists :p. The prelim list looks about right.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
hey

sry really off topic...

ive been reading up on the wii... deciding if i should buy it sometime soon or just wait for brawl...
and im wondering
on lots of sites this question has been answered... kinda =Z
can i connect to the internet with the wii if i dont have any router or wireless internet or lan internet hooked up to it? some people thought that the wii connects with other wii's in the area to access internet

otherwise... since i dont have wireless =Z thats more money spent grr
You will need to buy the Wii LAN Adapter or Nintendo USB WiFi Adapter
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u-77-3-49-en-15-wii+ethernet-70-1mwk.html
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b8-49-en-70-13d7.html

I'll be getting a Wii on Sunday no matter what... I WILL HAVE ZELDA DAMMIT.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
sounds good... hope i dont have to order that usb wifi adapter online... will search futureshop/toys r us/eb a few weeks after release

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
ahh. I like power rankings! makes me feel urge to play better! when can we play ?? particularly tear+J!??

.... guys??

RYANNNNN . ERIIIIC. TIEEEEEEP. ADAAAAM. JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHN.

and Eric, when you said you wanted Jesus on the panel, i sincerely hope you didn't mean that in an insulting way.

HERSCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!!

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
If there's a smashfest this weekend, I'll bust out my mad Pichu skillz. I used to play him as a semi-third type of thing and I figure it will be fun to do it again.

Power rankings are kind of fun, it does give you some sort of incentive to play better. It's like that episode of Malcolm in the Middle where the new teacher ranked his students.

We should call each other by numbers too.

Top Bottom