• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
try to get a wii. it's so freaking hard to get it. everyone's old men who don't have school and can go at 2 am to line up >.>

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
ya im probably gonna get a wii sunday... my friend who works at superstore (which doesnt give pre-orders) sells to employees, and employees get into the store 15 min before customers =D

ill see you online wii sports fans ;)

CowEar

Smash Ace
Vancouver, BC! ryan Ryan RYan RYAn RYAN!!!!!
If there's a smashfest this weekend, I'll bust out my mad Pichu skillz. I used to play him as a semi-third type of thing and I figure it will be fun to do it again.

Power rankings are kind of fun, it does give you some sort of incentive to play better. It's like that episode of Malcolm in the Middle where the new teacher ranked his students.

We should call each other by numbers too.
lol u just saw that episode today lol ;p

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
ya im probably gonna get a wii sunday... my friend who works at superstore (which doesnt give pre-orders) sells to employees, and employees get into the store 15 min before customers =D

No games are online yet. You can use online to download the Opera browser and surf the net on your TV and to add people to your address book so you can leave messages on each other's Wiis. They'll add the Weather Channel next month and News Channel in January. Hopefully online games coming soon.

BRAWL DAMMIT BRAWL.

I need my Zelda. Just 60 - 62 hours to go.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah #2, I saw it was on today. It's a good idea, no?

lol yes, i loved that episode.

spite, moneymatch ? best of 5? even $2?

does that mean if there is a smashfest, that you'll go?
Sure, I've got some money. How about best of 5, $5? Five matches for $2 sounds like too much for too little :p

And yeah, I'm in Van City all weekend (my dad, who lives in Vancouver, is buying my Wii - if it were otherwise, I'd go home to Aldergrove, I haven't been there in a while) so I'll probably be good to make any smashfest.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
HEY ^.^ im a smasher from white rock just wanted to say hi ^.^ one of these fine days im gonna get in on one of these smash fest hopefully ^.^ just gotta meet the right people ya know? :p anyways i was just wondering if i could geta list of the people who normaly attend them ( the good peoploe the people i always hear get talked about) and there mains ^.^ and other good secondaries, im a fairly good player im a ganon player / samus im iffy atm now that i just found out u can extend hook 100% of the time WOOT ^.^ , anyways ive also got another freind who would like to come and hes a peach player just as good as me, i know i proly cant take the top tier people at these smash fest but i should do pretty well, ^.^ anyways just saying hi in a very long way lol, btw im kyle and im from white rock :) *is willing to chill out and smash anytime if im free ^.^*

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
for wii... i thought wii sports was online and only 3rd party games were not allowed internet connectivity until later =Z
ill be mighty dissapointed if i cant play some of you guys at boxing or tennis =P

booshk

Smash Lord
for wii... i thought wii sports was online and only 3rd party games were not allowed internet connectivity until later =Z
ill be mighty dissapointed if i cant play some of you guys at boxing or tennis =P
hmm
not just disappointed?
mighty disappointed
mighty disappointed.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Yeah #2, I saw it was on today. It's a good idea, no?

Sure, I've got some money. How about best of 5, $5? Five matches for $2 sounds like too much for too little :p

And yeah, I'm in Van City all weekend (my dad, who lives in Vancouver, is buying my Wii - if it were otherwise, I'd go home to Aldergrove, I haven't been there in a while) so I'll probably be good to make any smashfest.
Sure. You must be a BALLER to moneymatch $5 on one set. My anything vs your anything yes? I can call blind picks?! ... advanced slob picks? dave's stupid rule? [anyone wanna remind me of what these are?] joking.

I remember i won $50 off Brad, you might remember him, in ten single matches. You do the math. Gave it back to him though, he's my bud!

And yes, sir, $pite, expect a good set. =]

Nice to meet you, Camerican [kyle!] Welcome to smashboards, and I hope to play you soon.

My name is Manuel, and I play Marth. Apparantly i'm ranked 12th, but we'll have to see about that =]. You should check out the BC POWER RANKINGs created by "hitsugaya" to see who's good. anyway

BUHBYE! <3

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
What? I assumed you'd be playing Mewtwo every game!

Nah, I'm kidding. We'll go by the "standard" rules for sets, anything vs. anything. And I expect a good set.

Welcome Camerican to smashboards. My main: Mr. Game and Watch, my secondary: Kirby.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Manuel! I'll MM your Fox or Falco with Mewtwo!

On a side note... The PS3 is all hype! I've played it and im not impressed! Graphics aren't so great compared to the X360 and when I was playing Resistance: Fall of Man on it I felt that it had lagged a slight bit at times.

emubreath

Smash Journeyman

yeah that's where I was planning to go. my friend told me there will be only like 1-3 there, but I hopefully want to get one. when does superstore open?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
yeah that's where I was planning to go. my friend told me there will be only like 1-3 there, but I hopefully want to get one. when does superstore open?
I think they'll have more. I mean... most Superstores had around 4 PS3s I think. Best Buy at Cambie supposedly has 90 Wiis. Wal Mart at Lougheed should have 68 Wiis. Best Buy opens at 8 AM. Wal Mart at 9 AM I think. Future Shop is at 10 AM. I'm leaning towards arriving at Future Shop at 7:30 - 8:00 AM. Calling Best Buy at 8 to ask how many units they have and if they aren't sold out, heading there and getting one. Dunno yet. I'll see how it goes.

Future Shop and I think Best Buy are giving out tickets to those in line 2 hours before opening.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
hmm it turns out my friend as an employee cannot buy the wii =Z looks like im going to superstore at 8:30ish or waiting for around christmas+

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Smashfest!

Smashfest my house tomorrow at 4466 Gander drive Richmond BC Canada

Phone number = 604-275-0509 if u have any questions or if u get lost on the way here..

The house near the intersection of williams and Railway..

Starts at 1pm and will end at 6pm or later.. I hope everyone can make it:)

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
I'm making sure I'm there this time. I'm getting too **** rusty not playing.

Welcome, Camerican. I main Mewtwo and Falco, though my skills pale in comparison to most others around here it seems.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
410. wanna meet me sometime? at 22nd street? talk to me on msn.

edit:// you're not there. >.>
call me on my cell? 778-322-5261 . we should board a bus by around 12. awesome, not so much boredom!

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
aww another smashfest that i cannot attend =Z i want to play you khorsan cause i was at anime evolution also =D

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
I think they'll have more. I mean... most Superstores had around 4 PS3s I think. Best Buy at Cambie supposedly has 90 Wiis. Wal Mart at Lougheed should have 68 Wiis. Best Buy opens at 8 AM. Wal Mart at 9 AM I think. Future Shop is at 10 AM. I'm leaning towards arriving at Future Shop at 7:30 - 8:00 AM. Calling Best Buy at 8 to ask how many units they have and if they aren't sold out, heading there and getting one. Dunno yet. I'll see how it goes.

Future Shop and I think Best Buy are giving out tickets to those in line 2 hours before opening.
what about the other best buys? is it just that one that has 90? my mom doesn't want to drive me :( she wants me to study :( Wii> studying

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
When is Brawl coming out anyway?

- Last official news we heard was Christmas 2007. Which means I'm not getting a Wii till then.

- MLG reported rumour of Brawl coming out in May 2007. This would rox0rz my socks, it's two months after my birthday so I'll get a Wii for my birthday.

- Futureshop says Brawl's coming in March 2007. I'm inclined to not believe this at all for obvious reasons.

Anyway, yesterday my dad got a Best Buy email about the Wii, says they release a new batch every hour, it shouldn't be insanely hard to get if that's the case (assuming there aren't 3-day lineups).

Eggz

Smash Hero
Every canadian should rep me for no reason. <333

Can I get a link to your tourney thread? I can't seem to find it, and I'm too lazy to use the search function. <3 thanks.

Money matches?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
When is Brawl coming out anyway?

- Last official news we heard was Christmas 2007. Which means I'm not getting a Wii till then.

- MLG reported rumour of Brawl coming out in May 2007. This would rox0rz my socks, it's two months after my birthday so I'll get a Wii for my birthday.

- Futureshop says Brawl's coming in March 2007. I'm inclined to not believe this at all for obvious reasons.

Anyway, yesterday my dad got a Best Buy email about the Wii, says they release a new batch every hour, it shouldn't be insanely hard to get if that's the case (assuming there aren't 3-day lineups).
Officially: 2007
EGM and Matt Casamassina: Maybe May 2007
Most likely: November 2007

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Good games guys. Manuel, that was an extremely close set. Kirby + Kongo Jungle = win, I'm glad it isn't banned. I've yet to lose there. Kirby counters Marth!

Anyways, next weekend in Aldergrove, the one following I'll be going to a hockey game... one of these weeks I'll host a smashfest here in Vancouver.

CowEar

Smash Ace
Vancouver, BC! ryan Ryan RYan RYAn RYAN!!!!!

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Good games guys. Manuel, that was an extremely close set. Kirby + Kongo Jungle = win, I'm glad it isn't banned. I've yet to lose there. Kirby counters Marth!

Anyways, next weekend in Aldergrove, the one following I'll be going to a hockey game... one of these weeks I'll host a smashfest here in Vancouver.
Whereabouts in Vancouver. I'm very interested Spite!!

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
South Van, Marine Drive Area. It would probably be a few weeks from now, as I'll be busy for a while, but it would be a possibility. I hate having to rely on rides/buses to get to smashfests - solution = host one, lol.

Oh, and I could also maybe get my friends from Aldergrove to come, they're mainly not that good but if they got consistently beat by some advanced players, maybe their competitive natures would take over and they'd learn a thing or two.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
just got back from superstore... got the last wii =D
must go back at 9 to pick it up

woke up at 5:30... so tired...
zelda...
tired...
study (NOPE)
zelda...

cya around guys =P

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
just got back from superstore... got the last wii =D
must go back at 9 to pick it up

woke up at 5:30... so tired...
zelda...
tired...
study (NOPE)
zelda...

cya around guys =P

whoa, gg.

i shan't get a wii until before brawl comes out either.

i can't wait to play on my friend's wii ... like.. tomorrow though.
hehe. ttyl guys!

Top Bottom