• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
well im down for hosting at whatever time yall want to start.

I won't be able to make it up to John's unless i get a ride from someone though. My car is out of order after some drunk chick decided to rear end me and put me into a wall on 35 friday after work, and well, long story short, no rental yet.

So yeah, keep me posted, call or text as late or early as you want, if im up ill respond.

and im starting to ramble and prolong my sentences due to the fact that i really just like the feeling of my fingers hitting the keyboard right now... the accident knocked a screw loose, i think i'm going crazy. yay.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Glad you are ok Chad.

Also, I'm probably up for playing tomorrow at Chads :p.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
well im down for hosting at whatever time yall want to start.

I won't be able to make it up to John's unless i get a ride from someone though. My car is out of order after some drunk chick decided to rear end me and put me into a wall on 35 friday after work, and well, long story short, no rental yet.

So yeah, keep me posted, call or text as late or early as you want, if im up ill respond.

and im starting to ramble and prolong my sentences due to the fact that i really just like the feeling of my fingers hitting the keyboard right now... the accident knocked a screw loose, i think i'm going crazy. yay.
There's always been a screw loose, bro. You just now finally realized it ;)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, when is your next smashfest?

I wanna make it to one of them granted if my car can stand long drives. >.<

I might be coming to Austin smash fest for a while cause SA smash fest are kinda stale.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If we get new people the one day I can't make a Chad fest... I will kill Hylian, and Texas smash will subsequently die, b/c he is the face of TX.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If we get new people the one day I can't make a Chad fest... I will kill Hylian, and Texas smash will subsequently die, b/c he is the face of TX.
It doesn't work that way. It's like a pack of lions or wolves.

YOU, becoming the new alpha male, will become the face of Texas.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hey guys, so I'll be moving from the Dallas are to Austin on August 21st. I'll be going to school at UT, and be living there at the Dobie Center. I don't have a car with me, so transportation might be an issue. However, some basic information on how the Austin community is would be nice.

As far as who I am goes...my tag is "Bored", I main Ike, and I am considered the best Ike in the southwest. I do pretty well at the Dallas weeklies, placing in top 7, and at my first big tournament, placed 25th at the last Hobo. I'm relatively quiet, cause I don't have much to say, but my play makes up for it xP. Anyways, hope to see some of you guys soon.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey guys, so I'll be moving from the Dallas are to Austin on August 21st. I'll be going to school at UT, and be living there at the Dobie Center. I don't have a car with me, so transportation might be an issue. However, some basic information on how the Austin community is would be nice.

As far as who I am goes...my tag is "Bored", I main Ike, and I am considered the best Ike in the southwest. I do pretty well at the Dallas weeklies, placing in top 7, and at my first big tournament, placed 25th at the last Hobo. I'm relatively quiet, cause I don't have much to say, but my play makes up for it xP. Anyways, hope to see some of you guys soon.
You were in my pool at hobo :).

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bored, sounds like you're in the perfect location to join my crew's get-togethers since you're gonna be in Dobie. I'll be in Jester West. My roomie and I both play, and one of my buds will be coming over from Dobie a good bit to work on his Zelda skills. If it's gonna be anything like last year, at least some of us will play every day. For bigger Smashfests, we went to Jonathan's place last year. Walking there isn't bad at all.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Johnathon actually moved, so he's not as close to the Jester area as he used to be. I have class like every day, though, so I can probably play at least once a week if not more. I want to **** your Ike with my Ganon some more, Bored (don't deny it, it happened!)... it's also nice to up the competitive level in Austin again.

@Suspect - god****, man, you're making me seem like that gay Ethiopian kid with the monkey from Captain Planet.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice

Ah dobie. Fun times. :) Welcome to Austin. We've played before. Back at a PBT several months ago. And no one in Austin has a car or has a car they want to use. So you fit right in.

Can't really walk to my apt now, Zigsta. And i'll be on campus most of the time anyways.

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
im hoping ur tone has changed since then dalub?

If so, why dont you come play with us before you go?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm bringing my car to UT this time around, guys, so that's one more car person for Austin. My roomie's bringing his car, too.

So bottom line...no johns for not going to HOBO 18, Austin Smashers. :p

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm bringing my car to UT this time around, guys, so that's one more car person for Austin. My roomie's bringing his car, too.

So bottom line...no johns for not going to HOBO 18, Austin Smashers. :p
Dibs on a spot because Ialwaysdriveeveryoneeverwhereanditwouldbecooltoridewithsomeoneelseforonce?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
That's cool, Hylian. Not sure if me or Daniel will drive yet, and if enough people wanna come, we may ask Long since he can fit more people. We got a GPS, so it's all good, haha.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Awesome stuff. Looks like I won't be alone at UT. I won't be able to attend the next Hobo however, some religious stuff going on xP.

Johnathon actually moved, so he's not as close to the Jester area as he used to be. I have class like every day, though, so I can probably play at least once a week if not more. I want to **** your Ike with my Ganon some more, Bored (don't deny it, it happened!)... it's also nice to up the competitive level in Austin again.
Tis the time when I was young and foolish. I have now grown wiser and stronger.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Everyone has gotten better :)

When do you move in?
I wanna see if you live up to how much you have hyped urself.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We should do something next weekend. Me and Daniel will be moved in and have the Wii ready to go.

His Wii, of course. I still haven't sent mine in to be repaired. ;P

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So... I just felt an inclination to come in here and say. Hylian > All of you. Dunno why, I just did.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Everyone has gotten better :)

When do you move in?
I wanna see if you live up to how much you have hyped urself.
I believe I am moving in on the 22nd. Like I said earlier, Dobie Center. And don't hype the hype...you're gonna get me nervous lol.

Bizz

Smash Rookie
I saw John today =P
That either makes me the luckiest man alive... or next on his list of people to hunt down (right behind the group of strippers in his apt) lawlz

On another note, I just moved into my new place and once I get a TV in here (this saturday) we should get a group of people to play over here... Nice roomy apt and lacks the scent of dead stripper... so far

I have nothing going on next week after monday if anyone else likes the idea.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey guys, just checking in again; I should probably go ahead and book my flight(s) soonish, so I thought I'd check to get a final estimate on when smash would be had the week I'm around. (Roughly 13th-19th, up to me really if I want a day sooner or later either way.) And of course, housing would be too good to pass up if possible.

Thanks again.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
Dibs on a spot because Ialwaysdriveeveryoneeverwhereanditwouldbecooltoridewithsomeoneelseforonce?
he brought a gun and forced me to drive with the flu. *******.

So... I just felt an inclination to come in here and say. Hylian > All of you. Dunno why, I just did.
Quiet Fanboy, throw a C.Falcon at his snake and watch the motha' fold like origami! :p

Top Bottom