• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
some gamelot thing in SA.

Jaded: Did you mean call you today? lol

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I know Hylian can't make it, but if anyone in Austin is looking to come to my tournament in SA this weekend, you should check with Dr Mario Kart or Pozerwolf.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Only the first half. Man, I wish I had time to play some this week... I need practice. Jordan, you gonna be free on Saturday?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hrm... work on Sunday so it's probably a no go... oh well, week after that should be fine whenever.
That week is Oh Snap.

Also, does anyone want to come with me to Oh Snap? The entire southwest is going to be there pretty much and I have 3-4 seats open in my car.

Kal

Smash Champion
Hylian, are you ever going to update the first post with contact information?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
I know there is a new gamestop here in austin off I-35 that is very slow. Theyre beginning to cave into my pestering for them to hold a smash tourney to get traffic into their store...i dunno if it would be big enough for a decently sized tourney though.

Im gonna try to get more info about rooms on campus, because we would hold plenty of GH tournies/Halo fun fests at the UTC all the time.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
The only problem with having it on campus is the money situation. Cash prizes are not allowed on campus. The raid on the jester west poker game is a testament to that.

It would still be possible, because I doubt anyone would be watching, but its just something to be careful about.

Just finding a place to play brawl is hard :urg: .

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That week is Oh Snap.

Also, does anyone want to come with me to Oh Snap? The entire southwest is going to be there pretty much and I have 3-4 seats open in my car.
I meant any day, not weekend in particular :p

@Jaded... is tht only for school sponsored things... or can NOTHING hosted on campus hand out cash prizes?

ACC at Cypress Creek has a pretty large lobby (and a huge flatscreen for like... finals and such), don't know how you'd go about talking to them, though.

Would be nice if we had some larger game store to host things at, don't think too many would mind if they got paid for basically having people in their looking at their merchandise, lol.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Its for everything. Its a general rule at UT. Cash prizes are considered gambling. You can give away gift cards, like I got a $75 gift card for winning a poker tournament, but cash is prohibited. Again, not that anyone would check, so it really doesn't matter.

The place that AustinRC used for his tournament worked well, but i don't know how much they charged.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
I meant any day, not weekend in particular :p

@Jaded... is tht only for school sponsored things... or can NOTHING hosted on campus hand out cash prizes?

ACC at Cypress Creek has a pretty large lobby (and a huge flatscreen for like... finals and such), don't know how you'd go about talking to them, though.

Would be nice if we had some larger game store to host things at, don't think too many would mind if they got paid for basically having people in their looking at their merchandise, lol.
actually i have a freind thats a student at that ACC center who just so happends to play brawl XD..and he could hook us up with a spot and time probably..

DaJib

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was anything brawl related happening around austin anytime soon?

Kal

Smash Champion
Lee, I'm willing to learn to play, if that counts.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
DaJib, do you live in Austin?

And how is this Thursday looking Austin peeps? I'm free to play brawl (sort of) and i'm just wondering if anyone else is.

That texas smash club is having a tournament I think this Saturday. I think its only a ranking tournament, so there probably isn't any prizes. The info is on their website.

Kal

Smash Champion
I think you need to be a UT student in order to enter the tournament. I'm not positive, though.

DaJib

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I live in Austin, I'm a UT student. My place is usually available if any of you want to stop by for a game, I'm right next to campus.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
dajib, where on campus do you stay, i also stay right next to campus.

John, the smash club is only good for confidence boosters, also, i was too "sick" to go to the tourney lol.

DaJib

Smash Rookie
only if we play brawl after >>

I'm in Dobie center. You? I was thinking about joining the smash club, I figure it'll give me some prespective on the competition in UT.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
From what I hear the competition isn't too stellar. Unfortunately I won't be at school on Thursday, so I guess it's one/two more weeks of waiting before I can play with you guys again, lol. I picked up a new alternate, would like to get some offline time w/ him, but no dice D:

What's your schedule usually look like, DaJib? I usually waste time on Tuesdays/Thursdays from 2-5, and have an hour and a half off on M/W from 11 - 12:30, and I could be using that to play instead of browsing the net. I would probably have gone to that trny anyway just for ****s and giggles and alt practice if I lived on Campus. Oh well, next semester.

Top Bottom