• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I don't think it's because he's lazy. I think it's because he can't get off the couch because he's too high.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
OhmygodohmygodohmygodOHSWEETJESUS
Cold front coming through tonight. High of 65 tomorrow, possibly rain, SUPER SEXY WEATHER.
Only way it could be sexier is if it was a high of 69.

what cords do you need? everything?
I only need the Audio/Video cord.

Zifien

Smash Rookie
so uh, if I take brawl cereal

whats the cheapest way (money wise) to get any better.

where do i start.

what do i need to know.

why am i so bad.

i r cereal.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Wifi and smashfests.
Get singles matches uploaded and post them on your character board for criticism.
Ask other players for advice.

Zifien

Smash Rookie
Can't play wifi or practice by myself since my parents stole my wii for netflix

I'll try to come out of my shell for singles on fests.
I don't have the know how much less anything to record my matches on unless I link the ones Shaun posts (which are 95% of me losing QQ)

Mike2

Smash Ace
you can learn a lot from matches you lose. those might be the best to learn cause they show you getting ***** for all your mistakes

i'd say record a few singles on shauns wii them post them for critique

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
you can learn a lot from matches you lose. those might be the best to learn cause they show you getting ***** for all your mistakes

i'd say record a few singles on shauns wii them post them for critique
^Thisssssss
You have to lose a lot at first, BTW. You can't just pick something up and instantly be awesome (unless you play Metaknight, but he's being banned anyway). Singles is very different from doubles; you have to actually know match-ups to be successful.
Just puff out your chest, shout a motivational catchphrase, and learn from your mistakes.
My motivational catchphrase was "I'm sorry!", and I didn't really puff out my chest. I just kind of shied away a lot. ^^;
Don't worry about recording. Just save your replays on Wiis at fests and tournaments and they'll get uploaded.

And I don't mind if you spell it "Shuan". Sounds very chinese.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
If you want to get better, play strong players, and play constantly.

Before I left to MO I barely manage to get to a smashfest with proper foes once in a blue moon; and I'd get trashed regardless. While in MO I was at a smashfest weekly playing a lot of good players. When I was playing consistently I could go against great players and do just find. Maybe not winning all the time, but I managed a few. It took people making jokes about my playstyle, pointing out a lot of flaws, reading up on some meta ****, and playing a TON against people way better than I to get to that point but it was satisfying.

I stopped playing as much so there's a difference in how I use to play which leads me to believe consistency is key. Constantly play. That is all.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I get no practice. Going to a tournament maybe once or twice a year is my practice. When I'm with friends I can't play seriously because I want to have too much fun.

IG88

Smash Cadet
yeah zifien you're not alone on that one, i wanna get good real bad i just need to start taking brawl more seriously again, and hopefully i can start that this friday. and what good is a video of you winning for a critique? like mike2 said the matches you lose/get ***** are the best to learn from. It's a lot easier to see patterns in your playstyle and see just what you do that gets you punished and all that jazz

--EDIT one of the most frustrating things for me right now is all the stupid mistakes i've been making, which i wasn't making NEARLY as often before summer, cuz i got way more scrubby than i already was with all that time off lol, now if i can just learn to ignore zigsta's trolling i'll be set lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Doesn't matter if you upload sets of you losing or winning. There's always something to learn. I watch most of my videos (not as much this semester as usual) at least 2 times a piece so I can see what habits I ran into (if any). Some character boards are helpful when it comes to critiquing, but some of them are rather inactive. If no one helps you out on your gameplay, just ask me, and I'll get someone to critique it for you. I know people who play every character who'd be willing to do me a favor.

Getting ***** is a really good thing, though, because you won't improve if you play with people who are worse than you are, for the most part. When I play people who I know are worse than me, I generally try more creative stuff and see what works--that way when I'm playing in tournament I have another option. See like everything I do to troll Mike3 lololol.

Mike3 is a weak *****.

Mike2

Smash Ace
yea the zss boards are pretty active. you shouldn't have a problem getting a critique there from dakpo
as long as you let him sit on your lap. no homo

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
When I play people who I know are worse than me, I generally try more creative stuff and see what works--that way when I'm playing in tournament I have another option. See like everything I do to troll Mike3 lololol.
See also: everything I do to troll Chris. :awesome:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
yea the zss boards are pretty active. you shouldn't have a problem getting a critique there from dakpo
as long as you let him sit on your lap. no homo

:phone:
I name searched myself to see this garbage?!

Jk lol ill critique if you need help :)

IG88

Smash Cadet
And then Call of Duty comes out.
lol, thats not ENTIRELY true! i mean i do play with a **** clan and what not, but i could play with them every day of the week if i felt like it, you guys i can only play with friday/tourney weekends so i'm not just gonna disappear off the face of the earth or anything

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ricky must be rubbing off on Nick. He's too lazy to walk now.
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL ****ING WEATHER, NICK!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That's the poorest interpretation for a comeback I've ever read. Especially because it can't be interpreted that way. I will clarify it's meaning anyways though.

I'm saying that you can't even make the walk when it's "beautiful" weather because you have hip problems.

Plus having made that walk myself, I definitely don't want to do it with 10 pounds in the form of a Wii strapped to my back plus whatever crap Ricky brings since he's too lazy to carry his own stuff.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ok, now that I got that out of my system. I apologize in advance for taking my anger out on you.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Shaun, what's the name of the program again that you use to put looped songs onto a SD card? I don't remember.

Nevermind, found it.

Top Bottom