• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I would have been pretty active on the PR panel, but SOMEONE didn't pick me. Son I'm disappointed.

Joel, I can do better. Sad part is, the kid probably only got 5 tickets from that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Only reason I didn't select Mustafa is because he was inactive for a long time. I wanted three people who have been active long enough to have a good feel for the scene.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I see your point Chris. Though it doesn't change the fact that all I would have to do is look up the results thread to get a feel for how everyone else is doing tourny wise.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You will get the transvestite shapeshifter and you will LIKE IT.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Lies. He ALWAYS infinites me in friendlies.
Problem? :troll:

By the way, I've always been for infinites being legal. I can't think of a reason to have them banned.

Ricky never goes in there so discussion is pretty much between me and Zig with an occasional toss-out by Ricky.
I've been pretty busy these past few days. Cut me some slack. :(

I decided I didn't wanna cramp Ricky's style.
It's the only style he has.
I have a style?

well, he was in what i'd seen so far. but i'm at like 134 or somethin
Uh... watch 350 more episodes lol.

IG88

Smash Cadet
well sorry i can't watch an entire 400+ episode series in a month lol. infinites are gay, obviously this is a sign ricky likes men

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm a strong advocate of infinites banned because they literally completely remove a character from competitive play. The D3 infinite on Bowser is easy to do. Practice it a bit, and you can beat me. Easily. Anything that major shouldn't be allowed in competitive play.

Take Street Fighter. There's infinites. But they take a lot of practice, and random scrubs who only practice a tad bit have absolutely no chance of pulling them off in a competitive tournament. But D3's infinites are EASY to execute and successfully counter Bowser, DK, Mario, Samus, and Luigi, off the top of my head. Out of those aforementioned characters, three have projectiles to camp. DK has range. Bowser lacks both. One screw up, and it's a stock. The D3-Bowser MU is hard enough already with just the STANDARD chaingrab, let alone the infinite or small step CG.

I guarantee you if I do well against someone in bracket at HOBO this weekend, they're gonna go D3 on me. And I promise you I will gay the **** out of them.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
well sorry i can't watch an entire 400+ episode series in a month lol. infinites are gay, obviously this is a sign ricky likes men
Son, I am disappoint :glare: One month is more than plenty of enough time.

PR's actually take some time when multiple people are creating it. SA is about to make it's 6th total. The 5th one I know took well over a week because your waiting for 1-2 ppl to debate their half and there taking their sweet time lol.

And Collin should be top3. Appearently he ***** me when we played friendlies x)
Or you can be like RGV and make a PR in 10 seconds flat :cool:

Suspect

Smash Hero
There are no infinites in sf scrubsta, fei long one got patched iirc and that was like the only one, you probably meant marvel? Lol

Top Bottom