• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Hey, smashfest isn't worth a 3 hour drive dude (Unless you're Ricky). Save that for a tourny.

Also, I don't understand this changing facebook to cartoon pic thing to raise awareness against child violence...I mean is it REALLY doing anything? I just get the feeling a bunch of people are doing it as an excuse to change their picture to a cartoon character. It's not like for every person who changes their profile, some donation is made. After December 6th, **** is gonna be blown over and no one will recall this a year from now.

You're probably right, chances are I wouldn't be coming anyway.

Also the cartoon thing is pretty dumb. It sounds like someone just tagged 'end child abuse' on there to see how many people they could get to jump on the band wagon.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
From now on, anything bad that happens with Disney related stuff is to be blamed on Zigsta.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Pirates 4 is going to be as amazing as Xenosaga Ep. II or Sonic Heroes.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Sonic Heroes was pretty good... :(

Chris, I'll be heading over as soon as I finish my last CS assignment.

:069:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sonic Heroes had great music. GTFO.

There's a slight chance I might ask you guys to come later than 4. I'm waiting to get my film transfered, and I'm third in line. On top of that, the tech team is giving tours now, so if I run into technical problems, I'm going to have to wait til their tours are done around 3-3:30.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Clearly,someone's never played Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic R, Sonic Jam, or heard Final Fortress, What I'm Made Of, This Machine, and Frog Forest.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Show up at 5 now, guys. Unless you were already gonna swing by at 4 and wanna see if one of my roomies is in.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I actually don't like Final Fortress and Frog Forest, and What I'm Made Of and This Machine were the only two good vocal tracks. The other vocal songs were so ridiculously cheesy, even moreso than Sonic R (which I consider having a better soundtrack anyways).

Every other Sonic game had a plethora of good instrumental songs. SA1 had Azure Blue World, Windy and Ripply, The Air, Pleasure Castle, Twinkle Circuit, Crank the Heat Up, E-102 Gamma's Theme, and a ton of other great songs. SA2 had Rumbling HWY and That's the Way I Like It (actually, SA2's soundtrack is almost as bad as SH's). Sonic '06 and Sonic Unleashed also had a lot of good songs (no opinion on SC until I play it more).

You want to know what the best (and only good) instrumental song in Sonic Heroes is? It's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1UFAK3xQaQ

It's a menu song. I mean, come on...

:069:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You're a sad, sad man.
Then again, you like Detective Conan.

So I guess it's reasonable.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm gonna see Pirates 4 no doubt, but I can't believe they want a 5 and 6. I'm sure Depp is sick and tired of playing Sparrow.

In any case, I'll be showing up much later...probably 10.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
NOPE, I play Lucario now.

Also, I'm back home now--just cleaning up before everyone gets here. Feel free to shoot for 4:30.

IG88

Smash Cadet
chris! i didn't know you played the piano!

EDIT-- I got the most ridiculous text from a friend at like 4:30 am, and i have to share it lol so here it is: "dude i just got done cleaning blood outta my car. i was at a stop light and some guy ran up and busted my lip, then ran away. My lips really swollen"

Top Bottom