• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ricky, this is the picture I sent you via text...which apparently didn't go through. XD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Why did I laugh so much at that picture? XD

Chris, I did see it. I was asking you what it was.

Also, Mustafa on that ignoring-Polt status. D:

:069:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's the menu sign at Kerby Lane, a GREAT restaurant on The Drag that's cheap and is open 24/7.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ricky, you should also eat at Torches. Bit of a hefty price for what you get, but definitely some of the best tacos in town.

Edit: And a great combination of heavy metal music, punk/metal employees mixed with your illegal mexican immigrants.

IG88

Smash Cadet
Ricky, you should also eat at Torches. Bit of a hefty price for what you get, but definitely some of the best tacos in town.

Edit: And a great combination of heavy metal music, punk/metal employees mixed with your illegal mexican immigrants.
yeah i'm gonna second that, i had it for the first time last weekend and it was delicious lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Torchies is GOOOOOD.

How is it a bit too expensive for you, Mustafa? Breakfast tacos are cheap.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
For dinner last night, I got a chicken fajita and brushfire for I think...7-8 bucks. Before that, I had eaten a nature value bar, a bunch of grapes, some fish, and some Sun Chips. After eating the tacos...still hungry. The tacos are relatively small for what you pay.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I don't understand, Chris.
I was going out of my way, wasting my valuable time to secretly upload your Trela matches early because I was filled with sunshine and happiness despite the fact that I have a bunch of other **** to do and you're calling the pictures I post ugly.

You're so mean that I can't even see straight right now.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
For dinner last night, I got a chicken fajita and brushfire for I think...7-8 bucks. Before that, I had eaten a nature value bar, a bunch of grapes, some fish, and some Sun Chips. After eating the tacos...still hungry. The tacos are relatively small for what you pay.
I can respect your avatar.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, Shaun. If you don't want your pictures to be called ugly then don't post ugly pictures. =P

:069:

IG88

Smash Cadet
ok i have a question, when you DI, i know you can use the analog stick, but i was wondering if you could use the c stick instead or both to do it

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
ok i have a question, when you DI, i know you can use the analog stick, but i was wondering if you could use the c stick instead or both to do it
Both will give you greater control over your DI.

Mike2

Smash Ace
This^^^ i suck at DI

Also I'm practicing buffering atm/learning the lag of all my attacks

must. get. better.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Correct. If you have the C-stick set to its default setting (smash) then you can SDI. Regular DI (analog stick) is used to influence the trajectory you are sent at after getting hit. SDI is primarily used to move you, mainly in attacks that involve consecutive blows. It's tougher to SDI a single hit, but definitely manageable. Here is an example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyEa_zUXjp8

Edit: An easy way to test regular DI is to go into training mode, set your damage to 100, have the opponent be Snake, and have someone control them and f-tilt you. First time, hold left, and you will notice you fly faster and die faster. Next time, hold up, and you will notice you fly upwards, giving you a better chance at surviving.

Mike2

Smash Ace
next smashfest i want to work on DI

Correct. If you have the C-stick set to its default setting (smash) then you can SDI. Regular DI (analog stick) is used to influence the trajectory you are sent at after getting hit. SDI is primarily used to move you, mainly in attacks that involve consecutive blows. It's tougher to SDI a single hit, but definitely manageable. Here is an example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyEa_zUXjp8

Edit: An easy way to test regular DI is to go into training mode, set your damage to 100, have the opponent be Snake, and have someone control them and f-tilt you. First time, hold left, and you will notice you fly faster and die faster. Next time, hold up, and you will notice you fly upwards, giving you a better chance at surviving.
thanks for posting that btw. thats a cool video

IG88

Smash Cadet
what is SDI? I've picked up a lot of these abbreviations but idr seeing that one. I'm tryin to work on my DI, spacing, and buffering right now lol

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Smash Directional Influence
It was in that list of terms I linked you to in the last PM.

IG88

Smash Cadet
oh i must've just skipped over it then because i actually went through those haha. prior to reading that i didn't know what teching was lol

Top Bottom